Create Account

SHL NHL Mock Draft Official Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@May 27 2015, 06:42 PM

I don't necessarily agree with that they don't need defense, seems to me they don't have much in youth past OEL, Murphy, and Gormley, Hanifin could be the immediate solution for a top pairing defenseman to play with OEL for the next 10 years and an immediate Yandle replacement. That being said, I definitely see the upside to taking Marner, he's an absolute beast and that gives them London's entire top line in their prospect pool, immediate chemistry when they jump to the NHL.
They do need another top pairing guy. OEL is a #1, Gormley, Moore, and Murphy are top 4 guys, but not top pairing guys. They would be hella deep with Hanifin.

However I think the need for a top line C is more pressing than a defender. Marner could be a Getzlaf, only issue being he's only 5'11". But I think him and Domi could really create magic.

Domi - Marner - Duclair

anyone? Godly

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@May 27 2015, 08:54 PM

They do need another top pairing guy. OEL is a #1, Gormley, Moore, and Murphy are top 4 guys, but not top pairing guys. They would be hella deep with Hanifin.

However I think the need for a top line C is more pressing than a defender. Marner could be a Getzlaf, only issue being he's only 5'11". But I think him and Domi could really create magic.

Domi - Marner - Duclair

anyone? Godly
Yeah I agree, great upside regardless of if they choose Hanifin or Marner. Can't miss picks.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@May 27 2015, 08:54 PM

Domi - Marner - Duclair

anyone? Godly
You don't need two top pair guys to realistically compete in today's NHL. Chicago is the only team left in it that really has that and they're about to be in salary cap hell (not Keith or Seabrook's fault but they do have some big cap hits). Tampa has Hedman and 3 top 4 guys, as well as NYR

Arizona needs a legitimate top forward more than they need (another) legitimate top defenseman imo

and I'm a HUGE fan of Hanifin (BC fan bias)

I thought I was gonna have to make a tough decision between Werenski and Rantanen but..

The Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to select, from the Brandon Wheat Kings, Ivan Provorov!

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@May 27 2015, 09:15 PM
I thought I was gonna have to make a tough decision between Werenski and Rantanen but..

[b]The Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to select, from the Brandon Wheat Kings, Ivan Provorov!
[/b]
I was really having a tough time deciding between Prov and Zacha but the Flyers more pressing need is for wing prospects and Zacha is a shoot first, left wing guy. Just what the doctor ordered

Quote:Originally posted by 12jmoritz@May 27 2015, 10:17 PM

I was really having a tough time deciding between Prov and Zacha but the Flyers more pressing need is for wing prospects and Zacha is a shoot first, left wing guy. Just what the doctor ordered
Yeah, NJD/Philly are both stocked with young D but lack young forwards with top 6 potential/ability. Hoping that draft day shakes out similar to this so CBJ can grab Provorov :D

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@May 27 2015, 09:26 PM

Yeah, NJD/Philly are both stocked with young D but lack young forwards with top 6 potential/ability. Hoping that draft day shakes out similar to this so CBJ can grab Provorov :D
If Columbus can stay healthy, I can see them legitimately contending next year. They can definitely win the the Metro if they get Provorov. Stack on 5 other top 70 picks Blink Blink :o

San Jose Sharks are happy to select, Defenseman, Zach Werenski

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

So maybe Crouse isn't top 10 talent after all :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@May 27 2015, 10:00 PM
So maybe Crouse isn't  top 10 talent after all :lol:
I certainly wasn't taking him

The Colorado Avalanche are proud to select, from the Kingston Frontenacs of the OHL, left winger Lawson Crouse.

Quote:Originally posted by Ochocinco@May 27 2015, 10:02 PM
The Colorado Avalanche are proud to select, from the Kingston Frontenacs of the OHL, left winger Lawson Crouse.
LOL way to waste a top 10 pick

Quote:Originally posted by Ochocinco@May 27 2015, 08:02 PM
Way to ruin it

About where his talent is. 8-15

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by 12jmoritz@May 27 2015, 08:02 PM

LOL way to waste a top 10 pick
Colorado is in need of a big bodied wing prospect. Lawson Crouse has all the tools necessary to be a great NHL player. He can skate, he has size and his two-way game is a blessing. Maybe he won't be a top tier NHL winger but that's a risk I'm willing to take. He's a smart player, even if his stats don't show it.