Create Account

SHL NHL Mock Draft Official Thread

I love Lawson Crouse, no qualms with that pick. Kid is gonna be an elite power forward.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Florida selects Mikko Rantanen, RW, TPS (FIN)

You could have traded down and gotten the same exact player later on tbh

Quote:Originally posted by 12jmoritz@May 27 2015, 10:09 PM
I would have taken Crouse at 11 with Florida's pick, didn't think he'd fall that far honestly.

Quote:Originally posted by 12jmoritz@May 27 2015, 08:09 PM
I most certainly could not have. His ceiling is remarkably high. He's a high-risk, high-reward pick and Colorado does a great job of progressing forward prospects.

Crouse is a late first round talent in my eyes. In this draft, he's not a player that goes top 10. I know the whole hockey world is against me but I just don't see anything that screams top-tier forward in him

I resign from being Tampa's drafter

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@May 27 2015, 10:12 PM
I resign from being Tampa's drafter
Yeah gonna be tough to draft when you're suspended tbh :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by 12jmoritz@May 27 2015, 10:12 PM
Crouse is a late first round talent in my eyes. In this draft, he's not a player that goes top 10. I know the whole hockey world is against me but I just don't see anything that screams top-tier forward in him
His numbers in his draft year are not very unlike other top power forwards in the league right now, plus when you watch the kid play he very clearly has all the tools to be a very good NHL player. Size, physicality, remarkable hockey smarts, and good offensive instincts, that's what I've seen every time i've watched Crouse play.

Quote:Originally posted by 12jmoritz@May 27 2015, 08:12 PM
Well I either have myself another Landeskog-mould player or one that could play with Connor Bleackley in the future and neither option is one you'd want to play against.

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@May 27 2015, 08:13 PM

His numbers in his draft year are not very unlike other top power forwards in the league right now, plus when you watch the kid play he very clearly has all the tools to be a very good NHL player. Size, physicality, remarkable hockey smarts, and good offensive instincts, that's what I've seen every time i've watched Crouse play.
This exactly. Look at Milan Lucic, he had 19 points in his draft year. His ceiling wasn't even close to what Crouse's are plus he's neither as smart or as fast.

Quote:Originally posted by Ochocinco@May 27 2015, 10:15 PM

Well I either have myself another Landeskog-mould player or one that could play with Connor Bleackley in the future and neither option is one you'd want to play against.
Exactly who I see in Lawson Crouse, he's the Gabe Landeskog of this draft IMO.

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@May 27 2015, 10:13 PM

Yeah but only because they picked up when Bennett came back. If I'm really considering a kid in the top 10, he needs to make the players around him better and not have most of his production come primarily from riding someone else

Quote:Originally posted by 12jmoritz@May 27 2015, 08:17 PM

Yeah but only because they picked up when Bennett came back. If I'm really considering a kid in the top 10, he needs to make the players around him better and not have most of his production come primarily from riding someone else
Crouse and MacKinnon. I would pay to see that.

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@May 27 2015, 10:17 PM

Exactly who I see in Lawson Crouse, he's the Gabe Landeskog of this draft IMO.
In his draft year, Landeskog was over a point-per-game player and was second on his team for forward points. Crouse led his team in points but was under a point-per-game and hasn't showcased the same sort of offensive ability that made Landeskog #1 in his draft