Create Account

S8 Off-Season Schedule

saturday abby

The NWJHL is behind because they lost their simmer for a week i believe, so this threw the balance off, lets double sim for the rest of the playoffs, get it back on track and then roll with both seasons more in line (you can even keep the same plan - I suggest extending training camp though).

This makes the vets happy and won't cause issues down the road for the SHL because the NWJHL is not in sync with the SHL.

Seems like an easy fix to me, but i don't know what is involved in doing that, so it could be alot of work behind the scenes.

I'll leave the decisions to much wiser people Wink

juniors has been kinda a mess since the ****s left

bring back the ****s!!!
jk dont do that

NWJHL double sim for the playoffs is a must

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

I'd be okay with a double sim to catch up.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Double Sim the NWJHL playoffs for sure. Should extend SHL TC a little longer, cause Redistribution will take a little bit (2-3 days) I've lready got my redistribution all set just gotta wait I can post mine.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

The NWJHL season is NOT behind...at least not by the schedule S7's regular season started with. Yes, the season was behind when fever left and I took over but I caught the league all up.

If I remember correctly, the SHL season started 2 weeks before the NWJHL season did...so I'm not sure why everyone is surprised the NWJHL playoffs are 2 rounds behind.

Speeding through the SHL off-season only creates this problem again for next NWJHL season btw.

You seem to ignore the fact that recruitment drive will take a lot of work and we're going to fall even farther behind. We're not behind atm, but post R.D.? We could be weeks behind.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

I don't see why the NWJHL season has to be over for the recruiting drive to begin, nor do I see a problem with the SHL draft taking place about the same time the NWJHL Finals begin.

I actually think the 2 leagues being about 2 weeks apart works out well. IIHF aside, there's always games being played.

Regardless, the Recruitment Drive really does need to start now.

I'm the commissioner of the SHL, thus my concern is the SHL and how to keep members of it interested. Thus, we need a quicker off-season, since most members don't pay attention to the NWJHL anymore. Season starts in about two weeks, which, for the same timing as this year, will be giving the NWJHL four weeks to get over with. That's a month. They can start up again in a month.

Quote:Originally posted by Teztify@Mar 22 2012, 09:31 PM
Regardless, the Recruitment Drive really does need to start now.

Yeahthat

This problem was caused by the NWJHL taking months to start. Why it always waited until season's end was beyond me. Start of the playoffs is when it should always start up.

The SHL season starts before the NWJHL because they play 10 more games in there regular season (50 games to 40), so starting 2 weeks before the NWJHL is fine and should mean both leagues start there playoffs at the same time (or within a few days of each other), which did not happen this year.

It does make sense to do the recruitment drive for next year now though, no reason for it to wait until the season starts, because NWJHL GM's can start promoting there teams to new recuits and showing them the ropes.

See, like I said wiser people then me can make these tough decisions. Wink

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 23 2012, 02:44 AM
I'm the commissioner of the SHL, thus my concern is the SHL and how to keep members of it interested. Thus, we need a quicker off-season, since most members don't pay attention to the NWJHL anymore. Season starts in about two weeks, which, for the same timing as this year, will be giving the NWJHL four weeks to get over with. That's a month. They can start up again in a month.

As SHL-commissioner, one of your main jobs is to make sure the SHL isn't just fun now, but also in the future. And to make sure that is the case, you also have to make sure the transition between NWJHL and SHL works.
And have you even listened to peoples concerns because of the Recruitment Drive? This isn't ablut double-simming the rest of the NWJHL-playoffs or having the draft before the POs are finished, everyone can live with that. But how long was the last recruitment drive, about a month? And the one before that might have been even longer, 6 weeks or something? For some reason you are always calculating with a Recruitment Drive that takes about 2 weeks, how do you came to that number? It's not realistic at all. Right now, this is how it will probably go:
1 1/2 weeks from now, the NWJHL-playoffs are finished, shortly after the SHL-season starts
3 weeks of Recruitment Drive (very optimistic guess)
1 week for Training-Camp, Preseason etc for Juniors, after that, the NWJHL-season stars

So the NWJHL-season wouldn't start in a month, it would start a month AFTER the SHL-season has started. How many games do the SHL-teams habve per Calendar Week, 8-10 I think? So when the NWJHL-season starts, the SHL will already have played around 40 games and be about a week away from the start of the play-offs :lol:
And those effects will add up every season. When the next SHL-season is over, the NWJHL will still be in their Regular Season... So then do you want to hold a Draft before the NWJHL-playoffs even start? Or after not waiting right now, do you wait then? The only difference would be that now the wait wouldn't be 2 weeks, but 4 weeks and even more people would use interest. This whole system doesn't work and the only reason you seem to want to do it is because some people can't wait 1-2 weeks? We also have the IHF right now, draft-time is always interesting... There is enough to do for people. And the SHLers also have to do their fair share to make this league a worthwhile experience for Juniors. And we don't even have to work to achieve that, we only have to wait a week or two. Is this really too much to ask?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Mar 22 2012, 10:13 PM

As SHL-commissioner, one of your main jobs is to make sure the SHL isn't just fun now, but also in the future. And to make sure that is the case, you also have to make sure the transition between NWJHL and SHL works.
And have you even listened to peoples concerns because of the Recruitment Drive? This isn't ablut double-simming the rest of the NWJHL-playoffs or having the draft before the POs are finished, everyone can live with that. But how long was the last recruitment drive, about a month? And the one before that might have been even longer, 6 weeks or something? For some reason you are always calculating with a Recruitment Drive that takes about 2 weeks, how do you came to that number? It's not realistic at all. Right now, this is how it will probably go:
1 1/2 weeks from now, the NWJHL-playoffs are finished, shortly after the SHL-season starts
3 weeks of Recruitment Drive (very optimistic guess)
1 week for Training-Camp, Preseason etc for Juniors, after that, the NWJHL-season stars

So the NWJHL-season wouldn't start in a month, it would start a month AFTER the SHL-season has started. How many games do the SHL-teams habve per Calendar Week, 8-10 I think? So when the NWJHL-season starts, the SHL will already have played around 40 games and be about a week away from the start of the play-offs  :lol:
And those effects will add up every season. When the next SHL-season is over, the NWJHL will still be in their Regular Season... So then do you want to hold a Draft before the NWJHL-playoffs even start? Or after not waiting right now, do you wait then? The only difference would be that now the wait wouldn't be 2 weeks, but 4 weeks and even more people would use interest. This whole system doesn't work and the only reason you seem to want to do it is because some people can't wait 1-2 weeks? We also have the IHF right now, draft-time is always interesting... There is enough to do for people. And the SHLers also have to do their fair share to make this league a worthwhile experience for Juniors. And we don't even have to work to achieve that, we only have to wait a week or two. Is this really too much to ask?

Yes, it is too much to ask. You're asking me to postpone a season because Maxy and Hoggie waited too long to start a recruitment drive and to know when it wasn't working, which is too much to ask.