Create Account

Babe Avatars

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Mar 22 2012, 04:40 PM

so shut off the avys...and you can have them on when youre at home
or...you just dont want to see it period...which is what JT just said lol

also whats the difference between seeing an ass and a hockey player? lol
seems just as un-productive...unless your work is hockey related
But that's not it...

It's the fact that it shouldn't even HAVE to be done. It's discouraging potential activity and if you don't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

It'd be discouraging potential activity if the only solution was to force people away from such avatars and we ignored it.

But with other solutions, it's completely up to you then to shrink your own activity.

TBH, I'd use work as time of this site, why does it have to be a part of your life everywhere?

Quote:Originally posted by Checkmate@Mar 22 2012, 04:45 PM
It'd be discouraging potential activity if the only solution was to force people away from such avatars and we ignored it.

But with other solutions, it's completely up to you then to shrink your own activity.

TBH, I'd use work as time of this site, why does it have to be a part of your life everywhere?
I work at a desk job my friend.

Who are you to judge how I spend my time?

So you are saying that you think people would quit a HOCKEY SIM LEAGUE because they're not allowed to have tits and half naked women in their avatars? If that is so, that is a sacrifice that I am willing to make to make this board a far more mature place. Something that has been lacking of late.

Quote:Originally posted by NordicBruin91@Mar 22 2012, 04:47 PM

So you are saying that you think people would quit a HOCKEY SIM LEAGUE because they're not allowed to have tits and half naked women in their avatars? If that is so, that is a sacrifice that I am willing to make to make this board a far more mature place. Something that has been lacking of late.
so threaten that youre activity will decrease if you dont get your way.
yes...very mature of you

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Mar 22 2012, 04:50 PM

so threaten that youre activity will decrease if you dont get your way.
yes...very mature of you
Oh come on. That's not what I am doing at all.

You're being very childish about this Alex.

I am just trying to point out that it is a problem, and other people have attested to that in the thread. If you guys want to blow it off like it's nothing so be it.

Y U HAFF PROBLEM WIFF MY BABE AVATAR EH?

Quote:Originally posted by NordicBruin91@Mar 22 2012, 09:47 PM

No, I didn't say that at all?

lolk, because strict avatar policy will really help the maturity of people. So THAT's what we've been missing all these years. Good god.

You're doing a one-man stand here, sadly that means your arguments won't be heard. At least not in something as basic as not seeing people's avatars.

Quote:Originally posted by Checkmate@Mar 22 2012, 04:55 PM

lolk, because strict avatar policy will really help the maturity of people. So THAT's what we've been missing all these years. Good god.

You're doing a one-man stand here, sadly that means your arguments won't be heard. At least not in something as basic as not seeing people's avatars.
A one man stand? Hold on...

"but seriously, not really a big deal for me, but I see how it's a problem for some." - Tylar

"That's actually so true. When I go on this website at school I have to quickly scroll past those posts or scim through the post because I may risk getting in trouble" - Splat

"I agree. Im actually paranoid at school when im board i dont want one of my teachers seeing these "babe" pics. as well" - Dion

There's 3 right there other than myself that see why this is an issue. I am just voicing my opinion about it because it affects me greatly.

Quote:Originally posted by Checkmate@Mar 22 2012, 04:55 PM

And you completely took what I said off-base, I was making a comment about someone saying that if we eliminated the use of babe avatars it would decrease activity. If those people were that worried about babe avatars to make it affect their activity on the site they probably aren't here for the in depth hockey talk to say the least.

But whatever, if this is what a league does when an active member has an issue and brings it up, so be it.

Chisling has a great point, but the fact that you can actually turn off avatars and sigs should completely diminish the problem.

To all of you who speak about "freedom" and "indiviuality": Freedom doesn't mean that you can just do what you want. Your own personal freedom ends where someone elses is in danger. And that's pretty much the case here, when people can't use the site because some people need to see fake boobs and asses 24/7. Of course there is still the option to turn if off via the settings, but it's a legit issue and I think it's good that it has been brought up. It makes the whole league look very immature, especially to new members who have to respect people... While those respectable people sport tits and asses in their avys.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

The thing is is that it didn't use to be this bad.

Now it is rampant.

<---- everyone should have a avatar of the next legend.

I've turned my avatars off for many months now, and I eliminated the problem. It has not made my time here worse, I advise you to do the same.