Create Account

The Big Slappy Questions Thread!!! Official Home of Awesomeness!

answered.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Hey boys!

Alright here are some Qs to chew on...

1- Thoughts on ridding the league of the TPE Cap?
2- If you had to create an expansion team... Name one player/user in the league, that isn't yourselves nor a teammate, that you would build the core around. So this takes into account their locker room presence and ability to create a solid player.
3- Not a question... Just a statement... But we should really have a beer club in this league. Not even sure what it would comprise of... but at 952 a.m. I think it would be a great idea.

[Image: Wally.png]

After much delay and despair, the Big Slappy Hour will be returning this Saturday night. Get any pressing questions, stray musings or random rants in here and Bonk and I will be sure to give them at least momentary thought before launching into epic sidetracks and irrelevant nonsense

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2020, 11:54 AM by Wasty.)

The triumphant return?

1. What has brought on the long lasting poddy drought for the BSH?

2. Now that you’re soon to be Youtube Stars with today’s episode release of “Legendary or Bust” on my YouTube Channel, Dynasty Central Sports (I typed all that for the free shoutout) will you be signing with an agency to up your retainers fee for next episode I need the Bonk & Slappy Sports Hour?

3. See any new tv shows or movies lately?

4. What’s your take on the riots, murder hornets, pandemic, and overall shit stew that 2020 has become?

Last time for ... “ also.. music Smile

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Thoughts on the season so far?

How have you guys been holding up during the whole pandemic? Can't remember if either of you stopped working. But if so are you back to work?

Did you guys have to do the whole homeschooling thing like my wife and I did? How'd that go if so?

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

How'd it feel to get your ass whopped in poker last night?

Halfway through the season, how are you both feeling about the performance of your teams and your own players?

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

How y'all been?

Now that you've had a full season and two drafts of FHM fantasy hockey, how do you like it? I don't know anything about FHM, so explain the differences to me. Tongue

Thoughts on Jiggly quitting after entering the season without a contract?

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

answered

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2020, 10:17 PM by FlappyGiraffe.)

Hey guys, hope you are both doing well and staying safe in these crazy times!

I've recently come back to the SHL to start a 2nd player, and am pretty clueless to what attributes are important the new sim engine - when I transitioned Gary Grease over to FHM I just chose random attributes and didn't pay attention to any of the sims.

Rather than dig through various threads and forums to learn the meta, I thought I'd reach out to the best podcast on the SHL and get your takes on what you'd  consider to be the top 5 most important attributes to build up as a brand new player.

That's all I got in terms of questions right now, but feel free to expand on this to your heart's content as I'll take any help/advice I can for FHM!

Thanks guys,
Cheers

**After reading Slappy's most recent post in the thread: in the event that this is the last BSH ever, I wanted to let you both know that I always looked forward to listening to the latest BSH every week and that you never failed to leave me entertained. Hopefully I'll still see you guys around on the forums!

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 04:53 PM by JKortesi81.)

Hello good friends!

With the world slowly waking up, hopefully we can get together at some point for wings and beer and beer and beer. (Seltzers).

Anyway, i figured i'd ask a few questions.

1. Do you feel we need to expand? I feel like the problems we have can be solved simply by allowing the current teams to use their 4th lines for older players on the way down and younger players on the way up. That will open up the spots in the SMJHL we need. Luke and JY get really defensive and yell at me when i say this though.

2. Should we make regression more harsh? I'm starting to think that people having careers of 4 Real Life years (See: Me, Esa, etc) isn't the best thing in the world for the site, and a harsher regression system will also help open up Top line/Top D pair spots faster for everyone.

3. After we successfully raised the J cap for 3rd year players to 425 because so many players were getting bored, the same thing is happening to 4th year players now too. What do you think about raising that cap to 500? I think the worst thing the J can do is cause new players to stagnate in their growth for a season or two. Bumping this up helps that.

4. There's been some talk about adding two new tiers to "minimum contracts" since anyone over 1300 TPE just makes $5,000,000 most of the time. They'd be 1500 - $6,000,000 and 1700+ - $7,000,000. Thoughts on this and how it'd prevent "super teams" from lasting forever. Perhaps a way to counteract this a little bit would be to offer teams a 3rd Hometown discount?

5. I don't know if you saw it, but sadly, i announced in my recent media piece about being Captain America (And GOLDEN teammates of both Otis and Lil Manius) that S54 will be Joe K's last in a New Orleans Specters uniform, and S55, if i can find anywhere to play, will be his last season. Both of you have been around for my entire career, and regardless of us being friends, what is Joe K the player's lasting legacy to you guys? How did you view him before we really got to know each other? I'm always curious what others think/thought.

Well, fuck it, cheers boys. Keep on keepin' on. Fuck the Jets.

-Joe K

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Once the Colossus of Rhodes stood tall. The Hanging Gardens of Babylon grew lush and green. The Lighthouse at Alexandria lit up the night. Now, all these ancient wonders are but words in history books calling back to more auspicious times.

Once, The Big Slappy Hour was a lone, shining beacon in an otherwise desolate and bare SHL podcasting landscape. It stood tall as a rampart against ignorance and small mindedness. It forged a clear path for all those who wished to try their hand in an unfamiliar format. Now, sadly, it too fades away to the dark recesses of memory.

But lose not hope, all ye gentle souls. The Big Slappy Hour is not done yet.

That’s right, this Friday the granddaddy SHL podcast of them all, the longest running, most listened to, most loved and most hated audio entertainment this league has ever and likely will ever have is coming back for one more round.

We can’t say whether or not this will be the last episode ever. The future is unclear on that for the moment. We can say, if you have any pressing business with us, now is the time to get it out in the open. We welcome your derision, your spite and vile putridity. We revel in your hate and it makes us strong. Bring us your complaints. Spare no feelings and pull no punches. We can take it. On the off chance anyone would like to say anything nice, we’ll accept that too.

Get em in now boys as tomorrow is promised to none.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2020, 10:27 PM by Ohtaay.)

What were some of your favorite times / moments on the site?

I don't have a lot of questions, just want to say its been pleasure listening to all of these, and getting to know the both of you a little more. Hope the family has been well, and all is on the up. We will still have to share a cold glass of egg nog sometime.

Cheers fellas

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2020, 01:39 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Slappy and bonk is back!

Ok so...

Slaps you have been the captain of the greatest franchise in the SHL for 5 seasons.. you are beloved by your team.. this past week under your guidance you decided to pass the captaincy to one the next generation of great dragons in Maxime Bouchard AKA @Weretarantula

Talk to us about being captain, what we’re the highlights as captain since s50 and what’s your feeling about the younger guys on Calgary now moving into big roles.

2. If there’s 1 #delicious Twinkie in the room and you and bonk are both high.. who gets the Twinkie.. you or bonky?

Izz-

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Favorite BSH moment?

What are you looking forward to in the future the most?

Best moment in the SHL?

What's your SSN?

You're stuck on a deserted island with three people from the SHL, who do you take?

What's Otis B. Driftwood's favorite type of cigar?

Where did the name Big Slappy Hour come from?

What's one book you think everybody should read?

What do you think is the SHL's #1 problem right now, and how should it be fixed?

Will you still be joining us for poker? (Please, we can't handle Bully Izzy without you)

Did you have a pregame ritual?

What's the worst thing you had to deal with in the Dragon's locker room and why is it Esa's socks?

Is there a question you guys always wish you would be asked, but haven't been? Or a story you want to tell but haven't gotten the chance to?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

What was/were your favourite season(s) on STHS/FHM?

With 2 seasons done on FHM, what do you think of the swap? Did it give a better sim? Is it too early to tell still?

If you were able to lead an expansion team, where would you place it? (1 east, 1 west)

Love your podcast guys. Please don't let it die!

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]