Create Account

Gun laws

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Oct 6 2015, 05:44 PM

Fuck off Allen my respect for you went out the fucking window with your remark about car crashes and my daughter. I don't give a fuck what you say. Just because I don't know everything about guns I can't be worried about this shit? Fuck you.
If you want to live in irrational fear, feel free. I brought the other statistics into this because you are more likely to die from those than you are from being shot in a public place. You're more likely to die from that mcdouble from mcdonalds, or just driving to work. I'm simply stating facts. Are guns an issue when they are in the hands of the wrong people? Sure, but tell me which guns are bad and why. Don't just throw out blanket statements and generalize because of some bullshit you heard on CNN. Go to the gun range, take a fucking safety class, learn a little, and form an educated opinion.

I really don't give a fuck what you think about me. I didn't bring up your daughter, YOU did. I've been fairly rational and haven't tossed around any character attacks, but if you want to irrationally hate me over my political opinion, feel free. I'm also pro-choice, you want to spit vitriol at me because I feel women should be able to "kill their children"? Whatever dude, it's just a hockey sim.

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Oct 6 2015, 01:52 PM

Just because they didn't do anything doesn't mean they should increase gun laws. I'm confused by what point you are trying to make?
I'm saying more people with guns doesn't solve anything. People at the school had guns but didn't/couldn't use them so the statement "more people carrying stops mass shootings" is bogus.
He asked if everyone in a bank had a gun would people still Rob it? Oregon Shooter knew the campus wasn't a gun free zone but still went there. People with guns don't stop other people with guns.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by LVShark@Oct 6 2015, 10:48 PM
Would you rob a bank if you knew that everyone in there had a gun?
Sorry dude, but this is a bullshit argument. If people are determined to rob a bank then they will do it, even if it means having to murder everyone in there. I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in a world where groups of armed men and women mass murder other groups of armed men and women.

Quote:Originally posted by LVShark@Oct 6 2015, 04:54 PM

Then maybe we should look at those people who could've stopped the shooter sooner by using their own guns

The sole reason for carrying is for you own protection. It's not to play vigilante. If I was carrying and heard shots but I didn't see the shooter I'm booking it out. Call me a coward or whatever you want behind your keyboard but that's not my job. My job is to get home safe to my family.

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Oct 6 2015, 10:56 PM
Are guns an issue when they are in the hands of the wrong people? Sure, but tell me [b]which guns are bad and why.[/b]
All guns are capable of murder. Why is differentiating between one lethal weapon and another so important to you? I get that you are informed on the issue, but that's all you've contributed to the conversation so far.

EDIT: that sentence reads very oddly. You guys know what I mean; I do not believe that guns are sentient...yet. :ph34r:

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Oct 6 2015, 01:59 PM

All guns are capable of murder. Why is differentiating between one lethal weapon and another so important to you? I get that you are informed on the issue, but that's all you've contributed to the conversation so far.

I'm trying to figure out what you have contributed? Not to be a dick but you're either here just to stir the pot - or to toot your countries own horn.

This country was won with a gun - it's ingrained in our culture. No one thinks killing children is okay - but sometimes you can't make broad strokes, progression takes time.

I propose we equip the discipline committee with hand guns to ensure the safety of SHLers.

Quote:Originally posted by Mark H@Oct 6 2015, 04:57 PM

The sole reason for carrying is for you own protection. It's not to play vigilante. If I was carrying and heard shots but I didn't see the shooter I'm booking it out. Call me a coward or whatever you want behind your keyboard but that's not my job. My job is to get home safe to my family.

if you hear shots and run towards the incident and proceed to shoot and kill the person, you could be charged with murder, because you went after the person with the intent to kill.

But if you are in the area, and someone starts shooting, you have every right to defend yourself and everyone around you.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Oct 6 2015, 05:02 PM

if you hear shots and run towards the incident and proceed to shoot and kill the person, you could be charged with murder, because you went after the person with the intent to kill.

But if you are in the area, and someone starts shooting, you have every right to defend yourself and everyone around you.

Exactly but to say to look at the students who COULD have been carrying around the shooter is just dumb.

I wasn't putting any blame on the people around with guns Who didn't act. I wasn't there and I don't know what the situation was when the shooter pulled the gun

Quote:Originally posted by goldlab@Oct 6 2015, 02:02 PM
I propose we equip the discipline committee with hand guns to ensure the safety of SHLers.

Nah everyone has to have a gun or we wouldn't look manly as these americannies

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Oct 6 2015, 11:02 PM

I'm trying to figure out what you have contributed? Not to be a dick but you're either here just to stir the pot - or to toot your countries own horn. 

This country was won with a gun - it's ingrained in our culture.  No one thinks killing children is okay - but sometimes you can't make broad strokes, progression takes time.
No problem, dude. My contribution has mostly been asking questions, or responding to specific questions that were directed at me. Alas, most of my questions went unanswered, presumably because people are more interested in arguing about guns than discussing why one country has a vastly higher death rate than another.

For what it's worth, the most basic of my views is that we have a number of cultures, in one of which people are frequently raised to believe that—once one takes adequate care and responsibility—owning guns is a good thing, while most of the others are not raised with this belief. That culture that is just so happens to be the one with the abnormally high rate of firearm-related death. That's not casting judgement; it's just an observation.

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Oct 6 2015, 05:56 PM

If you want to live in irrational fear, feel free. I brought the other statistics into this because you are more likely to die from those than you are from being shot in a public place. You're more likely to die from that mcdouble from mcdonalds, or just driving to work. I'm simply stating facts. Are guns an issue when they are in the hands of the wrong people? Sure, but tell me which guns are bad and why. Don't just throw out blanket statements and generalize because of some bullshit you heard on CNN. Go to the gun range, take a fucking safety class, learn a little, and form an educated opinion.

I really don't give a fuck what you think about me. I didn't bring up your daughter, YOU did. I've been fairly rational and haven't tossed around any character attacks, but if you want to irrationally hate me over my political opinion, feel free. I'm also pro-choice, you want to spit vitriol at me because I feel women should be able to "kill their children"? Whatever dude, it's just a hockey sim.

Meanwhile when statistics were brought to you showing that the things you called "bigger issues that aren't being dealt with" like heart disease are falling and being researched, you ignored it because it didn't fit your narrative that we can't focus on more than one thing at a time. Despite increased gun violence in most major cities in America this year.

To quote an <s>wise man</s> Allen, "learn a little"

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Oct 6 2015, 05:59 PM

EDIT: that sentence reads very oddly. You guys know what I mean; I do not believe that guns are sentient...yet. :ph34r:
Everything is capable of murder. I could suffocate you to death with a pillow, that doesn't make it inherently bad.

There is no "right" solution to regulating guns. We've seen what happened in Chicago, but I have many friends in New York (which has imposed stricter regulations) who have been waiting 8+ months to get a pistol permit. California has some of the harshest gun laws and has been notorious for gun related deaths.

The ideal answer is they are eradicated and we live in a utopian society where everyone loves everyone and is free from violence. That's obviously not achievable. So you make stricter regulations to buy a firearm. More extensive background checks and mental health screenings. Who is going to pay the fees to have this done? This would create an issue between the people and government about who would foot the bill and if it's constitutional. What type of guns can we keep? Again, how do you differentiate between what's acceptable and what isn't? Is a break-action rifle acceptable if it's needed for hunting? For home defense? Once again, that raises more questions which would have to be answered by the courts.

This entire debate is futile. There's hardly any discernible middle ground and I don't see anything changing in the future. I came into this thread to defend responsible gun owners who aren't going to shoot up schools and public facilities. I don't know how to solve the issue, and I don't think we'll ever find a solution that will appease everybody.

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Oct 6 2015, 02:07 PM

No problem, dude. My contribution has mostly been asking questions, or responding to specific questions that were directed at me. Alas, most of my questions went unanswered, presumably because people are more interested in arguing about guns than discussing why one country has a vastly higher death rate than another.

For what it's worth, the most basic of my views is that we have a number of cultures, in one of which people are frequently raised to believe that—once one takes adequate care and responsibility—owning guns is a good thing, while most of the others are not raised with this belief. That culture that is just so happens to be the one with the abnormally high rate of firearm-related death. That's not casting judgement; it's just an observation.

Not to mention 11 year old shooting 8 year old brother cuz little brother wouldnt share the dog

Discord are for plebs