Create Account

Gun laws

Quote:Originally posted by Mark H@Oct 6 2015, 01:39 PM
If teachers/professors were allowed to carry than this shit wouldn't happen tbh.
Bullshit. What happens when that teacher snaps? Who trains the teachers to carry a gun? If you're a teacher should you have to carry a gun to teach? That's a ludicrous statement.

A good gun with a gun doesn't always stop a bad guy with a gun.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Mark H@Oct 6 2015, 05:39 PM
If teachers/professors were allowed to carry than this shit wouldn't happen tbh.
Horse shit. Maybe they could end it before it gets to crazy but someone could very easily harm multiple students before a teacher could react.

This entire thread though.. lmfao

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

We can't even stop teachers from fucking their students, but we're gonna trust them with guns

SMFH

Quote:Originally posted by Allen+Oct 6 2015, 04:39 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Allen @ Oct 6 2015, 04:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
I've not had to use it for home defense. To say I don't have one handy is a lie, but it is locked up in a smaller, easily accessible case. I was raised to properly respect and take care of them.[/b]

Well I wish you the best of luck and sincerely hope that you are not victim to an accidental gun injury.

However I think that anyone who owns a gun in their home, regardless of if they lock it up or not, runs the risk of someone who is not a potential attacker being shot and/or killed(not even including the potential down the line for a situation to lead to a homicide due to a gun being in the home).

People always say "it won't happen to me because I am smart with my guns", but it happens all the time.

<!--QuoteBegin-Allen@Oct 6 2015, 04:41 PM

Solution to what? You're the least informed person in this thread and sound more ignorant than everybody else. You can't discern the difference between them, how would you know what should be legal and what shouldn't?
[/quote]
I'd be careful throwing around the word "ignorant" when you yourself talked about heart disease as if it had any bearing on a gun-control debate.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Oct 6 2015, 01:41 PM

Solution to what? You're the least informed person in this thread and sound more ignorant than everybody else. You can't discern the difference between them, how would you know what should be legal and what shouldn't?
Fuck off Allen my respect for you went out the fucking window with your remark about car crashes and my daughter. I don't give a fuck what you say. Just because I don't know everything about guns I can't be worried about this shit? Fuck you.

#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Oct 6 2015, 01:37 PM
So pro-gun group what's your solution to this? You have excuses why more gun control can't happen so what's your solution to these problems?

Or is it just "hey pillows can kill so who cares?"
"People die from cancer so what's the difference?"

My favorite "Stuff happens."

The problem is the people not wanting to collaborate, and create laws that make sense. Do you know that you cannot have a folding stock on your assault rifle in California? What a nonsensical law.

The problem is the fuckin NRA and Anti-Gunactivists , have turned this into a facebook argument. Instead of working toward compromise both sides fight until a stand still and nothing gets done.

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Oct 6 2015, 04:41 PM

Bullshit. What happens when that teacher snaps? Who trains the teachers to carry a gun? If you're a teacher should you have to carry a gun to teach? That's a ludicrous statement.

A good gun with a gun doesn't always stop a bad guy with a gun.

I don't think we need every teacher to have a gun. I think there should be armed guards, though. I also think that if the teacher has a concealed carry permit, he/she should be able to carry it with them on school grounds. Reason being- If they were going to "Snap" or had intentions of killing kids, they'd do it either way, so I don't see that as being an issue and they could potentially save a lot of lives.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Oct 6 2015, 01:45 PM

The problem is the people not wanting to collaborate, and create laws that make sense.&nbsp; Do you know that you cannot have a folding stock on your assault rifle in California?&nbsp; What a nonsensical law.

The problem is the fuckin NRA and Anti-Gunactivists , have turned this into a facebook argument.&nbsp; Instead of working toward compromise both sides fight until a stand still and nothing gets done.
I'm 100% open to solutions and ideas besides "Stuff happens" bullshit excuse.

If guns kill people than spoons made me fat

I think we should let more people carry guns or make it easier to have concealed carry permits. Would you rob a bank if you knew that everyone in there had a gun?

Edit: BTW I didn't read all 20 pages of this...

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Oct 6 2015, 04:47 PM

I'm 100% open to solutions and ideas besides "Stuff happens" bullshit excuse.
The obvious answer is more strict background checks and psychological analysis for new gun owners. Honestly I don't think either would change much though. Because the guns these people are using a good chunk of times weren't purchased by the shooter...

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by LVShark@Oct 6 2015, 01:48 PM

I think we should let more people carry guns or make it easier to have concealed carry permits. Would you rob a bank if you knew that everyone in there had a gun?
Oregon has some relaxed gun laws, UCC isn't a gun free zone. There were people at the college with guns on them and they didn't do anything. The one person that tried to stop the shooter didn't have a gun on him.

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Oct 6 2015, 10:41 PM

Have you only been reading the pro-gun posts? The solution to the fact that America has experienced an epidemic of mass shootings, and that America has a rate of death by firearm which is inordinately higher than any other developed countries. If you're so well-informed, let us hear your opinion on how to solve these issues.

Quote:Originally posted by LVShark@Oct 6 2015, 04:48 PM

Edit: BTW I didn't read all 20 pages of this...
^

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Oct 6 2015, 04:50 PM

Oregon has some relaxed gun laws, UCC isn't a gun free zone. There were people at the college with guns on them and they didn't do anything. The one person that tried to stop the shooter didn't have a gun on him.

Just because they didn't do anything doesn't mean they should increase gun laws. I'm confused by what point you are trying to make?

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Oct 6 2015, 01:50 PM

Then maybe we should look at those people who could've stopped the shooter sooner by using their own guns