Create Account

BLACKHAWKS 2014-15 DISCUSSION

LETS GO HAWKS!!

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

going to the hawks pre season game tonight!

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

So uh, how about that Brad Richards fella.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Gotta Vent.

The last great day to be a Blackhawks fan was the Parade in 2013. Ever since we've been sitting on our asses while LA caught up to us and everyone else is chirping on our heels. The Central is tough; we're not guaranteed a spot.

So what do we do? So what do we do... We give up a 23 year old D-man who grew up in our system. Leddy's got his defensive lapses, but he's a puck moving defenseman who's got 30 points per year (lockout prorated) on the 3rd pairing with the revolving door that is our 6th dman.

THEN we go again signing Carcillo. We traded him away for a god damn 7th. He's been shoved off numerous other cup contenders; sometimes because of his own stupidity and gathering suspensions. (LOOKING AT LAST YEAR, CARBOMB) (AND DONT EVER BUY THE FUCKER A CARBOMB. DUDE "HATES THEM")

And now our cap situation is so tight that guys like Teuvo and Johns will be sitting in the AHL waiting for a shot. And I'll be seeing Morin and Regin in the fuckin press box while Kyle Cumiskey plays wing and Gorilla Salad/Mashinter takes a spot.

I love my team, but I hate our management.

We will trade you Dave Nonis for Stan Bowman

Quote:Originally posted by Whikadoodle@Oct 4 2014, 06:36 PM
Gotta Vent.

The last great day to be a Blackhawks fan was the Parade in 2013. Ever since we've been sitting on our asses while LA caught up to us and everyone else is chirping on our heels. The Central is tough; we're not guaranteed a spot.

So what do we do? So what do we do... We give up a 23 year old D-man who grew up in our system. Leddy's got his defensive lapses, but he's a puck moving defenseman who's got 30 points per year (lockout prorated) on the 3rd pairing with the revolving door that is our 6th dman.

THEN we go again signing Carcillo. We traded him away for a god damn 7th. He's been shoved off numerous other cup contenders; sometimes because of his own stupidity and gathering suspensions. (LOOKING AT LAST YEAR, CARBOMB) (AND DONT EVER BUY THE FUCKER A CARBOMB. DUDE "HATES THEM")

And now our cap situation is so tight that guys like Teuvo and Johns will be sitting in the AHL waiting for a shot. And I'll be seeing Morin and Regin in the fuckin press box while Kyle Cumiskey plays wing and Gorilla Salad/Mashinter takes a spot.

Poor you. Chicago has such horrible management Rolleyes

Quote:Originally posted by Boon@Oct 4 2014, 06:51 PM

Poor you.  Chicago has such horrible management  Rolleyes
Edmonton's Management >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chicago's Management

:ph34r:

[Image: hallsy.png]

It must be hard being a Blackhawks fan.

Quote:Originally posted by Whikadoodle@Oct 4 2014, 08:36 PM
Gotta Vent.

So.... You hate the management that has fielded a roster that includes, Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Keith, Sharp, Hossa and a wealth of talented prospects... If you're going to blame anyone for the cap dilemma they're in (and will continue to be in) blame Kane and Toews for taking 20m between them a season starting next season

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Oct 4 2014, 08:15 PM

So....  You hate the management that has fielded a roster that includes, Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Keith, Sharp, Hossa and a wealth of talented prospects... If you're going to blame anyone for the cap dilemma they're in (and will continue to be in) blame Kane and Toews for taking 20m between them a season starting next season

Stan didn't bring in any of those guys; Tallon did. The only guys of note that Stan's brought in through the draft is Dylan Olsen (Traded last year to FLA), Kevin Hayes (Lost to CGY because he wouldn't sign here), Mark McNeil (Wasting away at the Rock; ready), Phillip Danault (Wasting away at the Rock; ready), Teuvo (Probably stuck in the rock this year because of cap).

Trades? Oduya is the only one that's turned out. Handzus was too slow for our system, Versteeg is a dumpster fire (And the PR campaign right now around him is ridiculous). Name a guy Stan brought in that matters? Sharp & Hossa? That was Tallon.

Kane and Towes can handle that extension. Do you know why? It kicks in next year. We're in this situation now because Stan fucked up after the 2010 win. What do we have from the fire sale after the 2010 win?

Niemi - Gone to offer sheet
Brian Campbell - Traded for Olesz, who we bought out last year
Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Sopel and Ben Eager- Essentially, Beach who never played a game for us and Jeremy Morin, who everyone thinks is ready but Q and Stan.
Thomas Kopecky - to FLA for 7th Rounder
Adam Burish - Lost to FA
Kris Versteeg - To FLA for a 2nd and a 3rd, then RECLAIMED for Brandon Pirri and Dylan Olsen.
Troy Brouwer - Traded to WSH for a 1st rounder. (Phillip Danault)
Andrew Laad - Traded to ATL for essentially a 2nd Rounder. (Adam Clendening)

Believe it or not, our team is the way it is today because of Dale Tallon. 2011 and 2012 were years that were spent trying to get our groove back after losing most of our core. The lockout season was helped by the streak, and the combination of players like Andrew Shaw, Michael Frolik, Marcus Kruger and Niklas Hjalmarsson coming into their own led our team to be great.

So tell me, once again, what Bowman has done for us. By my count, the mistakes outweigh the good moves. Wanna know why Toews and Kane are worth 10.5 million each? We were one bounce away from a Stanley Cup last year icing 8 Forwards. We lost our dead weight in Bollig, but took two steps back with Carcillo, Mashinter and Cumiskey.

We're a good team, and I'm humble. Not that long ago we were terrible. But we could have been a dynasty if we made some better moves. Cap space is an issue when we're overpaying for a couple of players on this team. We could have solved it by moving Oduya or Rozi, two aging defenders who are done this year. Instead we lose the only puck moving defenseman coming through our system. (Johns, Clendening and Dahlbeck are all stay at home)

TL;DR - All the "Great Management" decisions you guys are thinking about happened when Tallon was the GM. Scotty hasn't done much to improve this team, and dealing with the lineup decisions as a fan is a headache.

West Finals!

Its gonna be interesting this season with the revolving door of forwards from Rockford, Baun, Kero, Hinostroza, and possibly Dano. No call up for Morin yet, he has to be dealt before the trade deadline, I could see some sort of package deal with Bickell, unless Stanbo is sticking with him for the rest of the season