Create Account

S26 SHL All-Star Teams

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Jan 3 2016, 08:24 AM

I don't know, maybe because outside those who were all-stars we had jack squat for depth and no goaltending? Christ we were the second-best offensive team in the East (in terms of purely goals) and had the 5th fewest shots against but were tied for last in goals against.

Maybe we should just add a stipulation that non-playoff teams have their points reduced so that we can acknowledge the "real" players in the playoffs. Or something.
You don't have add a stipulation. As I said the 12th place team had 6 all stars and the 5th place team had none. Zero. What sense does that make? Minnesota was one of the worst teams in the league yet they had a quarter of the All Stars. There's obviously a flaw in the system when the 2nd best goal scorer in the League can't make the 1st all star team, or the 2nd all star team or the 3rd all star team.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

I feel that i should be up there somewhere, these selections needs to be re-made!

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Get President's Trophy, have 2 all-stars (and a rookie)

Get 12th in the League, have 4 all-stars (and 2 rookies)

:-?

Why TF is my SMJHL goalie not an SHL all-star?

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Toast@Jan 3 2016, 02:58 PM
Why TF is my SMJHL goalie not an SHL all-star?

This

THis is some bullcrap

Quote:Originally posted by Schultzy@Jan 3 2016, 05:27 AM

There's obviously a flaw in the system when the 2nd best goal scorer in the League can't make the 1st all star team, or the 2nd all star team or the 3rd all star team.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Quote:Originally posted by V5Vlats@Jan 3 2016, 03:37 AM

Really wanna know what are the criteria set for choosing all-star participants.

Bojo Machine
Player builder

I can make a case that I should be on the 2nd All-Star team over Szlerchek.

2 more goals, 4 more points, 82 fewer penalty minutes (aka not hurting my team by sitting in the box), and 3 more blocked shots.

People seem to be forgetting that 3 of our players finished top 4 in points and Garbanzo led all defensemen in points.

Quote:Originally posted by EuroCap@Jan 3 2016, 06:26 AM

People seem to be forgetting that 3 of our players finished top 4 in points and Garbanzo led all defensemen in points.

And a -14 with 144 PIM ( second in the league )

Bojo Machine
Player builder

Quote:Originally posted by EuroCap@Jan 3 2016, 03:26 PM
I can make a case that I should be on the 2nd All-Star team over Szlerchek.

2 more goals, 4 more points, 82 fewer penalty minutes (aka not hurting my team by sitting in the box), and 3 more blocked shots.

Nah, the team didn't do good in the standings, cant have All-stars on it.
[Image: tumblr_nr1tx1LUBT1tofa6oo1_500.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by NUCK@Jan 3 2016, 09:29 AM

And a -14 with 144 PIM ( second in the league )
Team was 5th in shots against, too.

Should I not have been an all-star this year? Or what?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Jan 3 2016, 06:37 AM

Team was 5th in shots against, too.

Should I not have been an all-star this year? Or what?

No you did, but if EuroCap's point about PIM was a true part of the criteria then i could have seen you fall from team one.

Bojo Machine
Player builder

Quote:Originally posted by NUCK@Jan 3 2016, 09:41 AM

No you did, but if EuroCap's point about PIM was a true part of the criteria then i could have seen you fall from team one.
When looking at the votes initially it was a three-horse race between Reid, myself, and Bottas. I wouldn't have had a problem with Bottas going ahead of me for that last 1st team spot, but I also think it isn't a travesty that I slightly made the cut despite the PIMs and bad +/-.

Also it doesn't entirely matter in terms of the 6 Minnesota all-stars "problem".

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Jedi@Jan 3 2016, 02:40 AM

He played Center this season, so that's where he's evaluated.
Aren't we supposed to go off of position on player page? :-?

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Jan 3 2016, 06:52 AM

When looking at the votes initially it was a three-horse race between Reid, myself, and Bottas. I wouldn't have had a problem with Bottas going ahead of me for that last 1st team spot, but I also think it isn't a travesty that I slightly made the cut despite the PIMs and bad +/-.

Also it doesn't entirely matter in terms of the 6 Minnesota all-stars "problem".

That comment was in response to Euro's logic of why they could have been higher. Its clear to the community who is not involved in the voting, we do not understand the criteria to make the team.

It would be great to see a clear cut point system much like is used in fantasy to determine who gets the spot. It would also take the heat off of those who post it, vote for it and take the heat for it. In the case of a tie I could see a vote be used.

As it stands now it looks to us as if we could have our own John Scott making the team each year if so decided by those in charge.

Why not come up with a scale so that every season we dont have people feeling cheated or left will the feeling that the favorite card has been pulled? Its hard to argue with black and white.

Bojo Machine
Player builder