Create Account

S26 SHL All-Star Teams

Wow what a joke. SHL doesn't care about its legends.

Kobe is getting into the all star game, so did Jeter, despite their stats. Merica and Charly should be in.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by EuroCap@Jan 3 2016, 09:26 AM
I can make a case that I should be on the 2nd All-Star team over Szlerchek.

2 more goals, 4 more points, 82 fewer penalty minutes (aka not hurting my team by sitting in the box), and 3 more blocked shots.

People seem to be forgetting that 3 of our players finished top 4 in points and Garbanzo led all defensemen in points.

According the Khan voting just three more points. And Szlerchek had almost twice as many hits as Sarentez leading all Khan nominees at 170ish hits. He was the most reliable player for our team. His PIM's mostly came from his fights and getting kicked out once or twice.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Jan 3 2016, 10:05 AM

Kobe is getting into the all star game, so did Jeter, despite their stats. Merica and Charly should be in.
Not all star game, doe.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Jan 3 2016, 10:05 AM

We try to avoid John Scotts in our league. :ph34r:

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Jan 3 2016, 10:07 AM

Not all star game, doe.

Same thing. They got voted in. Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Jan 3 2016, 09:24 AM

Same thing. They got voted in.  Tongue

By fans though, right?

So maybe we should poll Twitter or random people to select our all star teams, instead of perpetuate certain members' interests.

Oh wait, that's fucking absurd.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Jan 3 2016, 11:05 AM
According the Khan voting just three more points. And Szlerchek had almost twice as many hits as Sarentez leading all Khan nominees at 170ish hits. He was the most reliable player for our team. His PIM's mostly came from his fights and getting kicked out once or twice.
[Image: CS03xWv.gif]

I am trying to start a fire here. Smile)

Also, just said I could make the argument because everyone is pissed that we have 4 guys in there, so I was just getting them going because I can make an argument for 2nd team, while they are just trying to get Vlaters in as a 3rd.

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Jan 3 2016, 10:32 AM

By fans though, right?

So maybe we should poll Twitter or random people to select our all star teams, instead of perpetuate certain members' interests.

Oh wait, that's fucking absurd.

You know I'm joking, right?

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Jan 3 2016, 09:34 AM

You know I'm joking, right?

Yeah.

I gotta start using </s> to indicate when I'm sarcastic, I guess. Grammar doesn't work in my favor.

Congrats to everyone, because most of us are all stars in our own minds, and that's all that matters.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by EuroCap@Jan 3 2016, 10:33 AM

[Image: CS03xWv.gif]

I am trying to start a fire here. Smile)

Also, just said I could make the argument because everyone is pissed that we have 4 guys in there, so I was just getting them going because I can make an argument for 2nd team, while they are just trying to get Vlaters in as a 3rd.

Ooooooooooooooh

Congratulations to all my Platoon mates. :D

You all rock!

Oh yeah, congrats, I guess, to the Neanderthal Big Manius on his career year. <_<

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Schmidty, Big Z and Maximova representing WKP. Congrats Towel

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

If anyone is upset at not being a part of the all-star team, they can always take my spot on the rookie team. You know, to make an appearance.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

Vlaters would've definitely deserved to make one of the all-star teams but then again, you have yet to answer the question who he should've made it in over?

You keep pointing out that he was second in goal-scoring but conveniently leave out the fact that Kinsler, Sarantez and Szlercheck all had more points than Vlaters. So even if you argue that goals are more important than assists, it's pretty much a wash offensively. But then the other three also had another element to their game that Vlaters did not, which was their physical presence, which sadly is one of the few measures we can use to determine a players defensive contributions. If there is another possible measure then maybe it's +/- but on top of its obvious flaws, it doesn't really work in Vlaters favor either. Szlercheck had a better +/- and Sarantez had about the same +/- than Vlaters despite being on a worse team - the only guy who Vlaters beats quite significantly is Kinsler, but then again do you think it would be a good idea to leave the leagues second best scorer off the all-star team because of his +/-? That would've been way more of a headscratcher than Vlaters not being on. By the way, did I mention that Vlaters also had significantly more ice time than the other three, between 3-5 minutes on average? The fact that he had less points than his competitors while getting to play more doesn't exactly help his case...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Everyone is an All-Star in my book!

#SHLCorrect

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]