Create Account

Official General NHL Discussion Thread

Quote:Originally posted by McJesus@Jan 15 2016, 03:17 PM
meh, idgaf if scott plays or doesn't play.

Also being an all-star should mean something in the league. for the most part most people that go deserve to go.  It would've been funny to see Scott in the ASG but it kinda makes the league a joke.
It hasn't meant something for a while though. The meaning is lost because the NHL has fucked with everything to do with it.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

Quote:Originally posted by LatvianBastard@Jan 15 2016, 03:46 PM

Don't call us damn, just because we love our hometown boys.

Porzingis got a fucking billboard in my hometown (which is his, of course).
You can love them, but he didn't deserve that all-star nod. No one is telling you to hate on a hometown guy, just saying if they don't deserve it, they don't deserve it.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

Lol if they made the trade just so john scott can't play in the ASG woukl be a disgrace to be honest. You make a dumb decision by letting people vote and then say oh no when it is too late. NHL trying to hard to be a asshat :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by damienj10@Jan 15 2016, 09:04 PM
Lol if they made the trade just so john scott can't play in the ASG woukl be a disgrace to be honest. You make a dumb decision by letting people vote and then say oh no when it is too late. NHL trying to hard to be a asshat  :lol:
Everybody, get your tin hats on for this theory...

What if the NHL promised to rig the Lottery in favor of Arizona if they moved Scott before the ASG :ph34r:

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 15 2016, 09:23 PM

Everybody, get your tin hats on for this theory...

What if the NHL promised to rig the Lottery in favor of Arizona if they moved Scott before the ASG :ph34r:

I was going to say their copies of Hooked on Phonics.

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

I am just saying who trades for a 6"8 paper weight? :lol:

#FREEJOHNSCOTT

Quote:Originally posted by PieEatingManiac@Jan 16 2016, 03:39 AM
#FREEJOHNSCOTT

#FREEJOHNSCOTT

Ya know, I love to see the Ducks score... But I don't have faith in this team and wish we would suck a bit longer and try to pick up Drouin before picking it up :(

Quote:Originally posted by Reynolds@Jan 16 2016, 02:53 AM

You can love them, but he didn't deserve that all-star nod. No one is telling you to hate on a hometown guy, just saying if they don't deserve it, they don't deserve it.
Yeah, but the same goes for Chicago. They basically vote half of their team every year, are they really that deserving. They call their selves dynasty, which they aren't. Three cups in five years my ass.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jan 16 2016, 05:51 AM
Ya know, I love to see the Ducks score... But I don't have faith in this team and wish we would suck a bit longer and try to pick up Drouin before picking it up :(
Ducks = overhyped since 2008.

So Ducks trade one underachieving player for another and a scrub defenseman... Yay...

Unless maybe this is a way to get Drouin which might make sense. Perron is a UFA at the end of the season

To TB
Perron
Vatanen
3rd

To ANA
Drouin
Carle

But this is GMBM we're talking about so this is our biggest move of the season <_<

Quote:Originally posted by LatvianBastard@Jan 16 2016, 08:15 AM

Ducks = overhyped since 2008.
Overhyped since the season after they won the cup? Not to mention the Ducks have never been overhyped except for this season, they have never been an odds on favorite to even be in a cup, and most places have not had them doing nearly as well as they have the past few seasons. I don't recall them being the favorite to win the Pacific division any of the last 3, always is the Queens

I don't really get why they don't have NHL Executives picking the all-stars and then having fans pick the starting lineup.

Quote:Originally posted by Advantage@Jan 16 2016, 09:40 AM
I don't really get why they don't have NHL Executives picking the all-stars and then having fans pick the starting lineup.
Because that would be far too logical