Create Account

im voting for trump

07-25-2019, 07:50 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: Honestly, I still can't believe he got elected as president on the basis that he doesn't believe in climate change. Which as the most powerful nation in the world not believing in something that could kill us all is kinda fucked up? We are pretty fucked at this point anyways it's just we should put all of our efforts in trying to fight this shit in some sort of way. Honestly the only way we are going to okay is if we find a way to suck the CO2 and shit out of the air.

Pretty sure they already got that shit, they like suck it out then put the carbon underground or something, it's just expensive af.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2019, 08:03 PM by Zach.)

07-25-2019, 07:57 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
07-25-2019, 07:50 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: Honestly, I still can't believe he got elected as president on the basis that he doesn't believe in climate change. Which as the most powerful nation in the world not believing in something that could kill us all is kinda fucked up? We are pretty fucked at this point anyways it's just we should put all of our efforts in trying to fight this shit in some sort of way. Honestly the only way we are going to okay is if we find a way to suck the CO2 and shit out of the air.

You'd be surprised and saddened at how many people are climate change deniers. My own dad essentially said this when pressed on it: "I can't change anything so I don't worry about it. Anyway do you know how much methane the gulf of mexico releases? So much methane and carbon dioxide comes from natural sources that we ignore, it's not people's fault."

Just boomers not wanting to own up to it or think about the future they're leaving us.

He has a point in the way that it's not necessarily humans at fault. The Earth naturally does warm and cool and increase co2 levels and co2 levels in the atmosphere have been much higher in history before humans were even around to prove that.. but the major point for him should be that we're only making it worse for ourselves

Anthony Archer - S49 12th Overall
1x IIHF Silver Medalist (S51)
2x WJC Gold Medalist (S48, S49)
2x Four Star Cup Finalist (S48, S50)
SMJHL: 42G 40A 82P 304HIT // SHL: 17G 17A 34P 326HIT

[Image: AA42.png]

07-25-2019, 07:57 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

You'd be surprised and saddened at how many people are climate change deniers. My own dad essentially said this when pressed on it: "I can't change anything so I don't worry about it. Anyway do you know how much methane the gulf of mexico releases? So much methane and carbon dioxide comes from natural sources that we ignore, it's not people's fault."

Just boomers not wanting to own up to it or think about the future they're leaving us.

At this point, he is kinda right that there is nothing he can do right now.I think there's a 40-year delay between what we put into the air and what happens with the temperature. There's literally nothing we can do other than convert CO2 and gases into something harmless to the climate. I think they can do it at a small scale but doing it in the largest of scales seems like the problem right now.

07-25-2019, 08:01 PMnykonax Wrote:

Pretty sure they already got that shit, they like suck it out then put the carbon underground or something, it's just expensive af.

Ya, they can do it only on a small scale too.

Yeah, I'm really excited for electric cars. I'm trying to hurry up and finish college to start my career and swap out for a Tesla. They're just so pricey right now.

But the main problem is still that we have China who alone produces just as much co2 as the rest of the world combined. It's crazy, if China shut down for a day, the world would produce half as much co2, just by pausing one country. That's huge

07-25-2019, 07:59 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: libtard cucks

Only smart one in Buffalo

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

Nuke China I guess

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2019, 09:01 PM by Hallsy.)

07-25-2019, 08:07 PMZach Wrote: Yeah, I'm really excited for electric cars. I'm trying to hurry up and finish college to start my career and swap out for a Tesla. They're just so pricey right now.

But the main problem is still that we have China who alone produces just as much co2 as the rest of the world combined. It's crazy, if China shut down for a day, the world would produce half as much co2, just by pausing one country. That's huge

[Image: large_B6o1ikgT7DiJV1oxn9K2FiDXCuEtL3O3IAkyTanTp98.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2019, 09:02 PM by Flareon.)

While China is a big contributor, 70% of emissions come from just 100 companies (including state companies) (Source)

China is bad but so is capitalism as a whole. Society won't make it to 2050 without a revolution as a whole on a global scale.

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

07-25-2019, 09:00 PMFlareon4043 Wrote: While China is a big contributor, 70% of emissions come from just 100 companies (including state companies) (Source)

China is bad but so is capitalism as a whole. Society won't make it 2050 without a revolution as a whole on a global scale.

lowering emissions won't be enough. It might help in the long run but we gotta figure out a way suck it out or we are fucked. Corporations is kinda a solution its just they gotta invest into R&D and try to figure out a way to suck the emissions out at a large scale for cheap.

Oh, rest of world must've raised a lot then. Back when we learned about China accounted for half

07-25-2019, 09:03 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote:
07-25-2019, 09:00 PMFlareon4043 Wrote: While China is a big contributor, 70% of emissions come from just 100 companies (including state companies) (Source)

China is bad but so is capitalism as a whole. Society won't make it 2050 without a revolution as a whole on a global scale.

lowering emissions won't be enough. It might help in the long run but we gotta figure out a way suck it out or we are fucked. Corporations is kinda a solution its just they gotta invest into R&D and try to figure out a way to suck the emissions out at a large scale for cheap.

why would they invest into greener solutions? that's bad for profit and inherently anti-capitalist

07-25-2019, 09:04 PMFlareon4043 Wrote:
07-25-2019, 09:03 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: lowering emissions won't be enough. It might help in the long run but we gotta figure out a way suck it out or we are fucked. Corporations is kinda a solution its just they gotta invest into R&D and try to figure out a way to suck the emissions out at a large scale for cheap.

why would they invest into greener solutions? that's bad for profit and inherently anti-capitalist

sustainability, try to delay of greener energy too. If you limit the problem of oil,coal,etc. The need for the world to change to greener energy won't be as needed. Anyways the world is fucked if people are thinking about greener energy at this point. There's a 40 year delay between emissions and temperature. We are seeing the cause of 1980's emissions right now. In 40 years we are fucked.

07-25-2019, 09:18 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote:
07-25-2019, 09:04 PMFlareon4043 Wrote: why would they invest into greener solutions? that's bad for profit and inherently anti-capitalist

sustainability, try to delay of greener energy too. If you limit the problem of oil,coal,etc. The need for the world to change to greener energy won't be as needed. Anyways the world is fucked if people are thinking about greener energy at this point. There's a 40 year delay between emissions and temperature. We are seeing the cause of 1980's emissions right now. In 40 years we are fucked.

energy demands are, and always will be rising. Limiting fossil fuels 1) won't happen because they're cheap, and 2) we aren't spending enough as a species on green, renewable energy, and we won't because for the time being it isn't as profitable. 

It's all about profits, we won't see a huge major push for clean energy sources until it's not economically viable to market fossil fuels

07-25-2019, 08:07 PMZach Wrote: Yeah, I'm really excited for electric cars. I'm trying to hurry up and finish college to start my career and swap out for a Tesla. They're just so pricey right now.

Agreed, they are the best car on the market/planet right now.

China is doing more now, than we are and that’s the sad part, China atleast is striving to make changes, meanwhile we have our cheddar-in-chief claiming bullshit like “clean coal” which is not a real thing.

Did you know in China to buy a car you can at anytime, whoever to license it you need to win a lottery (among millions) that files 1,000 plates a year only, but if you buy an electric car, you get one immediately. America would never do anything like that.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]