Create Account

Season 28 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread

Player Name: Maximus Sarone

Player Type: Sniper ©

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=64942

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=64947

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: 7/10. Nope.

What are your goals for your first season? Lead SMJHL in rookie scoring, possibly entire league in scoring as a rookie.

Describe what type of player you want to build: High scoring, quick, sniper.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? Build help. PT help.

Will you talk a lot in the locker room?: Sure

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? I'm a graphic designer. I enjoy tabletop gaming as a hobby.

If brand new to the site (non recreate), what has been the hardest part of getting into this site so far and how could we help with fixing that? Not brand new.

Do you have any questions for us? Not that I can think of.

Player Name: Ilmari Määttä

Player Type: Defenseman

Player Page: here!

Update Page: here

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: -->6-8, though as the school year ends i may be a little less active around late april/early may

What are your goals for your first season? --> learn and grow as a player and as a user of the site and meet people who like hockey.

Describe what type of player you want to build. -->a two-way defenseman who can manage top-four minutes

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? --> willingness to listen to stupid questions, probably!

Will you talk a lot in the locker room?: Maybe? I will probably do a lot of listening at first.

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? i play hockey for my uni's club women's team, in its third year of existence and completely TERRIBLE (we went 0-11 this year, but somehow we were still better than last year). i played 4 years of D2 club rugby for a nationally ranked college team before that, so I have a lot of real life sports knowledge and have experienced both great joy and painful failure. i also...make books? and do letterpress printing? i have some typography/photoshop knowledge, but most of it is for pretty analog purposes so it doesn't translate well, ha.

If brand new to the site (non recreate), what has been the hardest part of getting into this site so far and how could we help with fixing that?--> i think having a complete sort of rookie tutorial in one place would be helpful. i feel like i have had to hunt for a lot of things.

Do you have any questions for us? Nope!

Player Name: Leif De Bruin

Player Type: Playmaking center

Player Page: link

Update Page: link

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: 9

What are your goals for your first season? Play and win

Describe what type of player you want to build. pass first center

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? activity

Will you talk a lot in the locker room?: yes, especially when things get going

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? Love walkingdead. I talk a lot in that thread

If brand new to the site (non recreate), what has been the hardest part of getting into this site so far and how could we help with fixing that? Just the learning curve that comes with all sites

Do you have any questions for us? no

Imma let you finish but HOLY POOP I LOVE YOUR DAISY RIDLEY ICON, hi precious queen of my heart

Player Name: Mikael Talo

Player Type: C (Sniper)

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=65180

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=65226

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: Goal, and I can crank out decently polished articles quickly (hobbyist writer here) but I'm also working 40 hrs/week so I want to manage expectations. Probably more like :ahh!: but I will do my best not to be Tumble . Nobody likes Tumble .

What are your goals for your first season? I want to make friends, be active, and learn the ropes enough that I feel like I could be a leader for other people ~~down the road~~.

Describe what type of player you want to build. Delicate genius-type--tall and lanky with great hands and vision, but can't take the big hits that well.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? Patience, approachability, and gentle guidance! Also tough for me to answer being so new, but it sounds from others like good bank management is also a large factor.

Will you talk a lot in the locker room?: YES. I can be a little shy at first but once I warm up I am very, very chatty.

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? Like I mentioned before, I'm a hobbyist writer, so I'm pretty creative and flexible. I have some sport experience generally, though it's not hockey--I'm a year-round swim coach. More generally, I'm a chill and low-drama person who is very good at staying positive. Here to have a good time!

If brand new to the site (non recreate), what has been the hardest part of getting into this site so far and how could we help with fixing that? Navigation. I'm new to forums, and right off the bat it wasn't tremendously clear what the next "step" was. I also mentioned this a little in my initial survey, but I think the video and written summary of getting started could be a bit clearer and more concise.

Do you have any questions for us? I've heard WONDERFUL things about Hoov from my outside-of-SHL friends who brought me in, but I've heard there might have been some tension before the changing of the guard--what's new about the locker room atmosphere that I should be excited about? (Besides Daisy Ridley. Everything is improved with Daisy Ridley.)

Player Name: Edvīns Bērziņš

Player Type:
Offensive defenseman

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=65366

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=ST&f=647&t=65369

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?:
Planning on 7.5-9, only thing would be excess school work.

What are your goals for your first season?
A Four Star Cup would be nice, but I just want to get reacquainted with the League after being gone for so long and help my player and, most importantly, my team be as successful as possible.

Describe what type of player you want to build.
Solid offensive defenseman who's also competent in his own end.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? Player build guidance and maintaining a positive locker room attitude are imperative, but that's everyone's responsibility.

Will you talk a lot in the locker room?: Absolutely. The locker room can make or break the team.

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? I like to write, so I can churn out some good media articles, but I also like music and computer programming, if that's relevant.

Do you have any questions for us? Nope. Smile

Player Name:
Kip Kippery
Player Type:
2 Way Foward

Player Page:
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=66496Update Page:

Update Page:
??? What is this?
Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?:
I plan to be active at least once a day. The only thing that would make it drop is that I would be gone for a lot of the summer, if that even matters.

What are your goals for your first season?
Develop as a player and develop as a member of the community.

I would like to be the helper. I want to be Ovi's Kuznetzov.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful?
I think to be successful we will need the GMs and Veterans to be smart and nurture the young players.

Will you talk a lot in the locker room?:
Yes, I plan to.

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)?
I can hope to bring light humour into the locker room, maybe even a little motivation.

If brand new to the site (non recreate), what has been the hardest part of getting into this site so far and how could we help with fixing that?
Understanding at where the website is at. Are we about to have a draft? Are we playing soon? etc.

Do you have any questions for us?
Besides whatever a update page is, no.
Whalers Whalers Whalers

Player Name: Colin Banning

Player Type: Two Way Defender

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=66921&st=0

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...0&#entry1854794

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: Very high, and nothing short of an act of God

What are your goals for your first season? To understand the league's mechanics better and improve myself and my experience. Help my team as best I can

Describe what type of player you want to build. Defensively responsible. Very good checker, good defensive skills, but also good hands and passing. No scoring. The guy whose corner you don't want to dump the puck into, but also the guy who is going to make the lead pass, and never the guy whose shot you need to cover. More like a field general.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? Support and courtesy. Help me build up as much XP as I can, give me the opportunity to learn from you, and I'll do better for you as a result

Will you talk a lot in the locker room?: I'd like to, yes.

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? A doctorate in hockey. Grandfather was a Bruins draft pick (did not report), first coach is Billy Mosienko's son, mentor was a 67s Dman who quit hockey for personal reasons. Student of the game. Former captain. Have been on the losing end of a fight I knew I would lose because it was the right thing to do.

If brand new to the site (non recreate), what has been the hardest part of getting into this site so far and how could we help with fixing that? No real concerns. I'm trying to find my profiles and laughing over all the subsections, but it's my first day. Seems really solid and whenever I have a question, the answer is logical.

Do you have any questions for us? Nope, cheers, good luck.

Player Name: Thè Dude

Player Type: Offensive Defenseman

Player Page: Thè Dude

Update Page: Updates

I only just started so my activity level is yet to be determined, I hope to be really active, but that would mostly depend on how much I enjoy this whole thing. I expect it'll be a lot. I have high hopes.

What are your goals for your first season?:
I want to learn as much as possible and get involved in the community.

I want to build a high octane goal scoring defenseman.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful?
Direction on training, where to apply TPE, how to maximize PT, etc.

Will you talk a lot in the locker room?:
I am a social person.

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)?
I'm not sure what experiences I've had are relevant to this. I got to see Vancouver shut out Columbus last year in Columbus, so that was neat.

If brand new to the site (non recreate), what has been the hardest part of getting into this site so far and how could we help with fixing that?
The hardest part was figuring out the higher skill point scaling and apply TPE in my updates page.

Do you have any questions for us?
None. I can't wait to see if you draft me!

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.