Create Account

S29 Jets Interested Prospects

[Image: SLYdV4o.jpg]

This is the thread where we want to hear from you! If you are interested and would love a chance at getting drafted by one of the most storied franchises in SHL History take a moment and fill out our survey. This will give us a little more insight on you and your player which could ultimately end up giving you an edge over the other draftees on draft day.

1. What are your goals for your player?

2. What style of player would you like to build?

3. Are you willing to possibly change the direction of your build to benefit your team? (i.e. changing your player from more of an offensive goal scoring winger to a solid two-way center if it means benefiting the team)

4. How active do you intend on being on the site and how often do you plan on updating your player?

5. How would you describe your presence on the site? Do you tend to stick to the locker room discussion or do you also like to write articles, engage in discussions throughout the league etc.

6. Who are your top 3 teams you would like to be drafted by and where would you rank Winnipeg?

7. Could you see yourself playing for the Winnipeg Jets for an extended period of time?

8. When do you think you will be selected in the draft and do you care about when you are selected?

Kick ass, get the girls.

Offensive minded forward. Can both pass and score.

3. Are you willing to possibly change the direction of your build to benefit your team? (i.e. changing your player from more of an offensive goal scoring winger to a solid two-way center if it means benefiting the team)

Maybe? I don't know if that's possible for my player, I mean, he's no match for being a power forward or anything, he's just too weak for that. Maybe changing to playmaker.

4. How active do you intend on being on the site and how often do you plan on updating your player?

Update every week, lol. I can do PT's, I do pbp's and other stuff. So I'm pretty active and I intend to keep my activity in this level I have now.

5. How would you describe your presence on the site? Do you tend to stick to the locker room discussion or do you also like to write articles, engage in discussions throughout the league etc.

I like sitting in LR. But I like to go outside too, you know. I try to enjoy this however it is possible.

6. Who are your top 3 teams you would like to be drafted by and where would you rank Winnipeg?

Can't answer this now, I'll probably make my public ranking near the draft date.

7. Could you see yourself playing for the Winnipeg Jets for an extended period of time?

If the people are cool and team success doesn't stay in one level or keep falling and falling, I can stay here for quite a while. I'm almost completely sure I'm not going to stay in one team for my whole career, but that doesn't mean I can't stay somewhere in long-term.

8. When do you think you will be selected in the draft and do you care about when you are selected?

I hope I won't fall to your pick. :D Not that I don't like you, If that was the case, I wouldn't be writing this now. I just wan't to be recognized for my effort I've put in this season especially this past week. So higher draft pick is important, but not the main goal. The main goal is to get into the right team.

hewoe
[Image: 0OAAUwi.png]

Be part of a winning culture in the SHL and hopefully be a part of Championship caliber/winning team during my career.

I am an offensive winger, that doesn't want to forget his passing and defensive responsibilities.....but chicks dig the goals Wink

I selected LW/RW, so don't think i could change to center if i wanted too, but if i could would I? To be honest i doubt i would change it drastically (of course i would list to suggestions) to be completely different, as i want to play a style that keeps me excited and offense does that, if i played something else, i might lose interest and that wouldn't be good for me or the team in the long run.

I am an updater (just got the position) and if you checked my article in the SMJHL Media thread i am one of the top TPE earners. I don't see this changing.

I like to chat in the locker room or do media articles, though i am not into a lot of discussion threads at the moment, but if i found one i like i might post it in a bit.

To be honest some GM's say i might go top 6, but i honestly have no idea, so teams i like so far are the LA Panthers, Seattle Riot and Not sure....that's why i am chatting with you, to find out Smile

If the locker room was active and friendly and our GM's where active an moving us towards challenging for a cup, definitely.

I have been told i might go top 6, but it doesn't matter to me really, though i would think i will go in the first round somewhere. Overall, your pick in the draft means next to nothing, its what you do with the opportunity is what matters, because a 30th pick can turn out better then the 1st, if he works harder over the next 8+ seasons.

I also have a couple questions for you, if you don't mind:

1. What makes the Jets a preferred destination for draftee's? What do you do better then the other SHL teams?

2. What is your depth like on the wing? What are you looking at drafting with your 1st round pick?

3 - How do you like your eggs? Sunny side up, over easy, scrambled or poached?

4 - How long do you think it will take a Rookie drafted this season to crack the Jets line-up?

Thanks! Cheers

Quote:Originally posted by Bishop@Apr 26 2016, 11:12 PM

I also have a couple questions for you, if you don't mind:

1. What makes the Jets a preferred destination for draftee's? What do you do better then the other SHL teams?

2. What is your depth like on the wing? What are you looking at drafting with your 1st round pick?

3 - How do you like your eggs? Sunny side up, over easy, scrambled or poached?

4 - How long do you think it will take a Rookie drafted this season to crack the Jets line-up?

Thanks!  Cheers

1. I'd like to think that what attracts draftees to the Jets is our history of always competing for the Challenge Cup. We pride ourselves on winning and that's something we always look to do. What we do better than any team is adapt to any situation that comes our way. We're always prepared.

2. We always look for the best player available because you never know what comes with your roster. As for the wing, there are a couple of opportunities for fresh blood that will arise. Should be a great chance for wings to make an impact.

3. Scrambled eggs, but over easy on sandwiches/burgers is delicious.

4. Hard to say because it depends on the development of the rookie and on the roster they're trying to crack. It's usually a 1-2 season wait, but every situation is unique. The one thing I can guarantee is that there will be communication with the rookie every season as to the plan for them.

Thanks for the questions!

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]