Create Account

Preds Playoff Thread

Quote:Originally posted by WiTzzEL@May 8 2012, 12:08 AM

Yeah lol, really solid team.  Sucks that they are without a 1st, and 2nd rounder this year but they still have a strong prospect pool with a bunch of studs.  If Suter resigns, here's the roster with room for a move...

S. Kostitsyn - Fisher - Erat
[b]AK
- Wilson - Hornqvist
Bourque - Legwand - Smith
Yip/Halischuk - Gaustad - Tootoo

Suter - Weber
Klein - Josi
Ellis - Blum/Gill

Rinne
Lindback

-------------

Def need a top line LW or 2nd line LW.  AK is a really good 3rd liner, and SK is best on the 2nd line but played well on top.  Other than that, beeeast.  Not gonna change much IMO other than some young guys getting more responsibilities like Wilson and the D men.[/b]

Bolded the terrible

This Coyote team had no ownership, no guarantee that they would have a job (with their current team next year) should big changes be made, had little or proper support in their hometown, and said you know what, fuck if we care. Were here to win the Stanley Cup.

Any team with this amount of success in their given situation deserves this in my opinion. Other fans are just bitter because their team isn't as good as the coyotes.

Good for them. Dave Tippet is the man.

I'm hoping that the Kings and Devils lose, then I will be happy. Kings had too easy of a path; a Canucks team with no Daniel (pretty much no Sedin twins then) for the first 3 games, and a young, inexperienced St.Louis team.

Quote:Originally posted by c00kies@May 8 2012, 12:26 AM
I'm hoping that the Kings and Devils lose, then I will be happy. Kings had too easy of a path; a Canucks team with [b]no Daniel (pretty much no Sedin twins then) for the first 3 games, and a young, inexperienced St.Louis team.[/b]

I beg to differ. Henrik has proven before that he's just as good without Daniel, using the 2009-2010 season as proof when he won the art ross with pretty much no Daniel all season. Kings outplayed the Canucks, and Kings exposed the Blues. They didn't have an easy path at all.

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by snipealldaylong@May 7 2012, 11:36 PM

:lol: the only reason they are even in the playoffs still is Mike Smith. Too bad that Chicago player didn't take his head clean off.
i know because smith was so successful before he went to PHX
coaches/system have absolutely nothing to do with how well he is playing
its all him

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@May 7 2012, 11:40 PM

I beg to differ. Henrik has proven before that he's just as good without Daniel, using the 2009-2010 season as proof when he won the art ross with pretty much no[b] Daniel all season
. Kings outplayed the Canucks, and Kings exposed the Blues. They didn't have an easy path at all.[/b]

To be honest, the last 2 games were played a lot more evenly. In those 2 games the Kings star players were shut down.

Quick has not been tested much either, very few shots have gone to the upper part of the net, which he is vulnerable to.

It was 18 games, less than a quarter of a season. Even though he can play without Daniel, they are far superior with each other, as they can cycle and set plays up.

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@May 7 2012, 09:40 PM

I beg to differ. Henrik has proven before that he's just as good without Daniel, using the 2009-2010 season as proof when he won the art ross with pretty much no Daniel all season. Kings outplayed the Canucks, and Kings exposed the Blues. They didn't have an easy path at all.

That season, Daniel was out 18 games and the Nucks had Ehrhoff iirc, who played a big part on the Sedin's success.

This season, Henrik did outstanding without Daniel in the regular season but struggled in the playoffs. It just shows how important Daniel is to the Canucks (second best passer on the team). No excuses though. Just stating fact that Daniel is a big part of the Canucks and Henrik will struggle in big games if his line mate is not there.

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@May 8 2012, 01:10 AM
LA was my team to win the West after Detroit was humiliated by Nashville. but either way RANGERSSSS
Woah woah woah...humiliated? Wouldn't say that at all Tongue every game was a one goal game, and nashville road Rinne. Detroit didn't get enough scoring chances and traffic while Nashville capitalized on theirs. The series could have gone either way but Nashville was just 4 goals better. Tongue

rinne will continue his amazing play imo for next couple years then die out

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@May 8 2012, 12:10 AM
LA was my team to win the West after Detroit was humiliated by Nashville. but either way RANGERSSSS
ya its easy to pick la to win after the way the played against the nucks

Quote:Originally posted by Falkirk@May 8 2012, 05:57 PM

ya its easy to pick la to win after the way the played against the nucks
Ilike