Create Account

Cope Tuts

I have decided to start making videos to go along in a series that will display some of the things I do when I open up PS for a sig. I have been at it pretty much everyday for a while now and it was advice, tips and live sigs from other people that greatly improved my knowledge. I would like to now return the favor! The YT account is called gfx.FIX a like on the videos, subscription or uprep here would be appreciated but completely not necessary!

I currently only have part one completed but I will do multiple videos and maybe make a half decent YouTube account out of it. I chose to put music over the videos instead of talking, I will write out everthing I do here under the video.

PART ONE: RENDER WORK
<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D3BpzO0SyFk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D3BpzO0SyFk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

First thing you have to do before this video is either find a cut render you want to use or cut one yourself. I cut a new render every single time. When looking for a picture to use, I change the Google search settings to 6MP or larger and look for something I like, if I find none I change it to 4MP and so on until I find the perfect picture to cut. Doing it this way ensures you're getting the highest quality render. I then use only the quick selection tool set to usually 4 pixels (depends on size of picture) and brush around the player, using the deselection tool as necessary. Drag and drop the cut to your new sig canvas and proceed with the video.

In the video you see I use the Nik Collection which you can download for free HERE! Topaz Labs is also widely used and I use it from time to time depending on what I want to achieve.

Step 1: I first duplicate the render and set "Sinister" over it, duplicate the original render again and set "Pale & Structured" over that. Both of those settings can be found under "HDR Efex Pro 2". Play with the opacities of both until you are happy with the new found texture and contrast of the render.

Step 2: Merge the 3 layers together and go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness & Contrast. In this part play with the settings until you are happy with the way the jersey looks only. Be carefull not to set it too bright as we want the focus to be on the helmet and shoulders. At this point, the Dodge and Burn tools may be used to bring out more parts of the jersey but this may not be necessary as it isn't here.

Step 3: Duplicate the layer and repeat the steps to get the Brightness & Contrast panel up. This time play with the settings until you are happy with the face and shoulder area only. Take a soft eraser and remove everything on this layer but the face and shoulder. Congratulations, we have just added light to the focus of our render.

Step 4: Now is the time to play with anything you don't like or would essentially like more. You see in the video I now add a "Curves" layer set to Clipping Mask and later merged down.

Step 5: Make sure everything is in one layer now. Duplicate this layer and go to Filter > Blur > Motion Blur. I normally use a 5 pixel setting, but this can change to your liking. Next, erase the face, shoulders and parts of the render you want most prominent with a 100% opacity soft brush. Lastly, erase everything else with a 50% opacity brush, leaving only some parts of the sides left blurred. This part is mostly by eye and to your liking. You will also see me take a small brush for the blur tool set to around 10% opacity and brush around the face. This is because I prefer the areas of the face look smoother if there are some grainy areas.

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

This is going to be really helpful for those who want to become better at graphics. I will most certainly take all the tips that I can get from you :D

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

Quote:Originally posted by Copenhagen@Jun 17 2016, 04:10 PM
I have decided to start making videos to go along in a series that will display some of the things I do when I open up PS for a sig. I have been at it pretty much everyday for a while now and it was advice, tips and live sigs from other people that greatly improved my knowledge. I would like to now return the favor! The YT account is called gfx.FIX a like on the videos, subscription or uprep here would be appreciated but completely not necessary!

I currently only have part one completed but I will do multiple videos and maybe make a half decent YouTube account out of it. I chose to put music over the videos instead of talking, I will write out everthing I do here under the video.

[b]PART ONE: RENDER WORK

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D3BpzO0SyFk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D3BpzO0SyFk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

First thing you have to do before this video is either find a cut render you want to use or cut one yourself. I cut a new render every single time. When looking for a picture to use, I change the Google search settings to 6MP or larger and look for something I like, if I find none I change it to 4MP and so on until I find the perfect picture to cut. Doing it this way ensures you're getting the highest quality render. I then use only the quick selection tool set to usually 4 pixels (depends on size of picture) and brush around the player, using the deselection tool as necessary. Drag and drop the cut to your new sig canvas and proceed with the video.

In the video you see I use the Nik Collection which you can download for free HERE! Topaz Labs is also widely used and I use it from time to time depending on what I want to achieve.

Step 1: I first duplicate the render and set "Sinister" over it, duplicate the original render again and set "Pale & Structured" over that. Both of those settings can be found under "HDR Efex Pro 2". Play with the opacities of both until you are happy with the new found texture and contrast of the render.

Step 2: Merge the 3 layers together and go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness & Contrast. In this part play with the settings until you are happy with the way the jersey looks only. Be carefull not to set it too bright as we want the focus to be on the helmet and shoulders. At this point, the Dodge and Burn tools may be used to bring out more parts of the jersey but this may not be necessary as it isn't here.

Step 3: Duplicate the layer and repeat the steps to get the Brightness & Contrast panel up. This time play with the settings until you are happy with the face and shoulder area only. Take a soft eraser and remove everything on this layer but the face and shoulder. Congratulations, we have just added light to the focus of our render.

Step 4: Now is the time to play with anything you don't like or would essentially like more. You see in the video I now add a "Curves" layer set to Clipping Mask and later merged down.

Step 5: Make sure everything is in one layer now. Duplicate this layer and go to Filter > Blur > Motion Blur. I normally use a 5 pixel setting, but this can change to your liking. Next, erase the face, shoulders and parts of the render you want most prominent with a 100% opacity soft brush. Lastly, erase everything else with a 50% opacity brush, leaving only some parts of the sides left blurred. This part is mostly by eye and to your liking. You will also see me take a small brush for the blur tool set to around 10% opacity and brush around the face. This is because I prefer the areas of the face look smoother if there are some grainy areas.[/b]

We the people, want more of these!

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder