Create Account

Knee Jerk Reaction to Wilson's Hot Streak

Now that we've seen the first few games of the season we can wildly speculate on the great and terrible moves of the GM's in the off season. One of these such moves was the Knights drafting Wilson. We will examine this fantastic move with absolutely no rationality in this article.

When rationality is thrown out the window, fans of every team in the league other than Kelowna should be rioting in the street. After 4 games Wilson is looking like the next great one. He has been the main producer for the Knights on a team, that features veterans such as Dominique and Bent. Not to take credit from Dominique with his impressive 6 assists for a total 7 points, but we all know that goals are worth a lot more in the stat line than assists. Without Wilson, Bent wouldn't have even close to those 6 assists. Let's break down some of Wilson's stats to see just how dominant he has been.

Shooting percentage is most definitely the best stat for determining how good a player is at scoring. After 4 games, there is almost no way that a shooting percentage can still be considered an inaccurate stat. That is 240 minutes of data, clearly a large enough sample size. Wilson has been absolutely unstoppable to goalies, boasting an incredible 57% shooting percentage. This is absolutely unheard at any level of hockey. With 4 games already in the books we can be almost 100% sure (when rounding to the closest multiple of 100 that is non zero) that Wilson will be able to sustain this shooting percentage for the rest of the season.

You may be thinking that maybe Wilson has only taken a few shots and gotten, maybe, one goal, which would make shooting percentage less significant. But, if you look at the amount of goals that Wilson has scored you can see that both his goal tally and shooting percentage are significant. Wilson has buried 4 goals in the campaign so far. This twice as many as the player in second. Reflieux, the man in second, has only 2 goals. At this pace Wilson will have twice as many goals as anyone else in this league. This would be the first time in history that a player has outmatched his peers by so much. Assuming Wilson continues to score at this pace he will accumulate 50 goals by the end of the season. This is at a pace that can almost be considered a "Great One."

Not only can Wilson score, but he can also pass. He has an impressive 2 assists on top of his 4 goals. This puts him at ninth in the league for assists. Being a natural goal scorer, top 10 in assists is an impressive feat for the rookie. I have no doubt that Wilson will be top 10 in assists at the end of the season.

Wilson has played on 65 minutes so far this season, which is 21 less than the only player in front of him for points. This gives Wilson the best points per 20 minutes of ice time in this league with 1.84. The Knights should be getting Wilson more ice, time as he is the most efficient player in the league at scoring points within his given ice time. Points per 20 is obviously the best stat for determining how much offense a player produces. The difference that fatigue can make in this stat is basically negligible, and Wilson playing less that Bent clearly means that Wilson is superior.

Despite scoring a ton of points, Wilson is 2nd in the league for plus/minus. Not only can he produce offense for his team, but he will shut down the other team's offense at the same time. Wilson is already one of the best defenders in the league.

Based on these cherry picked stats, we can easily see that Wilson is the best player in his rookie class, but also possibly the best in the league. It will be scary to see what kind of numbers Wilson will be producing by the end of the season. As these, are only his first 4 games in the league, he will clearly continue to only get better. I have complete faith that this is not just a hot streak, but something that we will come to expect of Wilson throughout his career. From my first impression of Wilson it is clear to see that he is a two way forward simply because he is so naturally gifted a both ends of the ice. Do not be surprised if come the end of the season Wilson is boasting a 50 goal season paired with a +50 rating. Fans of other teams should be calling for their GM's heads after passing over a player as talented as Wilson in just under two rounds of drafting.

words: 814

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

this article has no chill and i love it because i, too, possess no chill about trevor wilson

bae

mvp

give him all the minutes ever

Knights

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by Jenny@Aug 2 2016, 07:05 PM
this article has no chill and i love it because i, too, possess no chill about trevor wilson

bae

mvp

give him all the minutes ever

Knights

"No Chill" is my middle name

:-x Knights

17th All-Time in Goals

Quote:Originally posted by twils@Aug 2 2016, 08:28 PM
We will examine this fantastic move with absolutely no rationality in this article.

my kinda journalism

Quote:Originally posted by Fivehole@Aug 3 2016, 04:06 AM
my kinda journalism
Well at least he is honest about it :lol:

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Quote:Originally posted by enigmatic@Aug 3 2016, 07:36 AM

Well at least he is honest about it :lol:

to be clear, that was 0% sarcastic, I love over-embellished love-letters that masquerade as news reporting, this whole thing is fantastic

Quote:Originally posted by Fivehole@Aug 3 2016, 04:53 AM

to be clear, that was 0% sarcastic, I love over-embellished love-letters that masquerade as news reporting, this whole thing is fantastic

Who doesn't love a bit of good old outrage about an off season move less than 10 games into the season? It's the Canadian way.

17th All-Time in Goals

Clearly a brilliant move by those KEL GM's ;Wink

[Image: SarUrqk.gif]