Create Account

Lil suspension

Quote:Originally posted by akamai@Sep 4 2016, 09:05 AM
Wow. That seems hefty, but okay. Hopefully this encourages everyone to keep a closer eye on their bank account.

Although, I do have to ask....with the TPE removal, why is a $5m fine levied? Does this mean she's $12m in the red now? Or is the -$7m removed with the un-purchased TPE and the -5m levied as separate?

Idk. It just seems odd to me that there's a fine that comes with already having no money. "You're bankrupt, continue to be bankrupt!!"

It's hefty so that it dissuades people from cheating. So if your caught, well, you're fucked.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by akamai@Sep 4 2016, 08:05 AM
Wow. That seems hefty, but okay. Hopefully this encourages everyone to keep a closer eye on their bank account.

Although, I do have to ask....with the TPE removal, why is a $5m fine levied? Does this mean she's $12m in the red now? Or is the -$7m removed with the un-purchased TPE and the -5m levied as separate?

Idk. It just seems odd to me that there's a fine that comes with already having no money. "You're bankrupt, continue to be bankrupt!!"

Also, to clarify re: the updater situation, though it did sound like it already got addressed--for many weeks in a row we frequently update players without the training account being noted as 'Updated', because they're both end-of-week occurrences. If you update on Sunday morning and your banker doesn't update the training post until Monday, we don't typically reject it. We do have a rule about not claiming the capped TPE from ungraded PTs, but that's mostly for clarity and about it as far as firm rejection policies go.

We've also had a run of bad luck with updates going inactive or cancelling last minute in NEW--we haven't had the same person update us once all season. The past two weeks we've gotten some new backups that have been very solid and reliable, so I very much hope they retain their spots.

The rules are set, as are the punishments for breaking them, and they have their own section. This all could have been avoided if she followed the rule.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Quote:Originally posted by akamai@Sep 4 2016, 09:05 AM
Wow.

You make a great argument concerning the bankruptcy. That would be true in the real world. However, this is the SHL. Whatever they say and make up as they go along rules. "The rules are the rules" until they decide to change them on a whim. You have to make your peace with that if your player is going to make a career of it.

You have to understand that everything you're working to achieve could be blown up at any time by some bolt from the blue sky. You have to decide how much of your time and energy that you're willing to invest under those circumstances. I've made my peace with that. Control what you can and accept everything else.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

Quote:Originally posted by BeanSnoodie@Sep 4 2016, 08:22 AM
Lil suspension? More like [Image: images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_SA4_IV9_Oy_Eu_Ggb_j..._Rk_Dp.jpg]
TRIGGERED

Quote:Originally posted by Ragnar#swegᕕ(ᐛWink@Sep 4 2016, 02:24 PM

The rules are set, as are the punishments for breaking them, and they have their own section. This all could have been avoided if she followed the rule.

Not debating that 1) there should be a rule in place for this situation and 2) it should be severe enough to dissuade it from happening again. What I do find odd is that an extra fine is levied on top of already having a bad enough case of bankruptcy to warrant 1) attention and 2) suspension.

I like that there's a firm rule in place, especially since it's one with a possibility of an appeal--I just think the monetary portion is a little bit strange given 1) the nature of the offense and 2) that the unpaid-for TPE got removed but the account was left in the red for TPE that is now going unused. That's all. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by SabresFan@Sep 4 2016, 08:28 AM

You make a great argument concerning the bankruptcy.  That would be true in the real world.  However, this is the SHL. Whatever they say and make up as they go along rules. "The rules are the rules" until they decide to change them on a whim.  You have to make your peace with that if your player is going to make a career of it.

You have to understand that everything you're working to achieve could be blown up at any time by some bolt from the blue sky.  You have to decide how much of your time and energy that you're willing to invest under those circumstances.  I've made my peace with that.  Control what you can and accept everything else.

No.

She broke the rules. She got punished. The banker will too, probably. This wasn't random. This was blatantly wrong.

Quote:Originally posted by SabresFan@Sep 4 2016, 10:28 AM

You make a great argument concerning the bankruptcy.  That would be true in the real world.  However, this is the SHL. Whatever they say and make up as they go along rules. "The rules are the rules" until they decide to change them on a whim.  You have to make your peace with that if your player is going to make a career of it.

You have to understand that everything you're working to achieve could be blown up at any time by some bolt from the blue sky.  You have to decide how much of your time and energy that you're willing to invest under those circumstances.  I've made my peace with that.  Control what you can and accept everything else.
You can control if you decide to read the rule book or not.
You can control if you break said rules.

Nothing that happened in the punishment was made to as they went along, the rule and punishment have both been in place for literal years.

Quote:Originally posted by akamai@Sep 4 2016, 08:30 AM

Not debating that 1) there should be a rule in place for this situation and 2) it should be severe enough to dissuade it from happening again. What I do find odd is that an extra fine is levied on top of already having a bad enough case of bankruptcy to warrant 1) attention and 2) suspension.

I like that there's a firm rule in place, especially since it's one with a possibility of an appeal--I just think the monetary portion is a little bit strange given 1) the nature of the offense and 2) that the unpaid-for TPE got removed but the account was left in the red for TPE that is now going unused. That's all.  Smile

I see you switching from letters to numbers.

Nice.

Quote:Originally posted by SabresFan@Sep 4 2016, 08:28 AM

That's correct. We made this rule on a whim. Just go ahead and disregard the weeks and weeks we spent developing a consolidated and solidified rulebook with input from the rest of the head office, job heads and all the general managers.

Y'all can complain about the punishment all day but avoiding it is pretty simple. Handle your business.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Sep 4 2016, 10:13 AM
inb4 lil makes eggy a $15M sig
Haha yaaaaa....

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Sep 4 2016, 02:32 PM

I see you switching from letters to numbers.

Nice.

Thanks for noticing o:-)

[Image: il_340x270.734327943_csno.jpg]

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

I still really don't like Sabresfan

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Everyone wants to enforce the rules until it's time to enforce the rules.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Quote:Originally posted by Ragnar#swegᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ@Sep 4 2016, 02:32 PM

That's correct. We made this rule on a whim. Just go ahead and disregard the weeks and weeks we spent developing a consolidated and solidified rulebook with input from the rest of the head office, job heads and all the general managers.

Y'all can complain about the punishment all day but avoiding it is pretty simple. Handle your business.

For clarification: I know you guys put a lot of work into the rulebook, and will likely get shit about it for the rest of your SHL days. Not trying to discount that. I think most of the rules are very fair and pretty damn good.

For my part, disagreeing with one portion of a single rule in the entire thing doesn't make it a bad rulebook, and I don't want to make it a "shit on HO" fest. I know you guys do plenty. But I also don't think it's unreasonable to hope that a small portion of a particular rule could be looked at and potentially revised, if not for this case then for future?

Every great system needs a tweak here and there, and I (personally) think this is one case where it could be looked at. Maybe you decide to remove the money aspect and go for more game suspensions to even out the force of the rule. I don't know. Not my job, not my call; something I want to suggest as a player who plans to continue to stick out the ups and downs of the league.