Create Account

Wilson's S30 Highlight Reel Pt. 2

Quote:Ready for grading, 3174 words

Wilson's S30 Highlight Reel

This article is the continuation of Wilson’s S30 Highlight Reel Pt. 1, if you missed it here’s the link Wilson’s S30 Highlight Reel Pt. 1. The second part of this series begins only one only one game later, in the heat of one of Wilson’s hot streaks. Up to this point the Knights have completed 32 games and Wilson has tallied an impressive 14 goals and 17 assists.

15. Wilson’s 15th came 1:01 into the second period of the Knights 33rd game of the season. This goal originated off a surprisingly gritty play by Light. Light got the puck in the neutral zone, and decided to go for a dump a chase. He dumped it into the corner then proceeded to follow the puck like a bat out of hell. Coming in at full speed he ran over Jon Ross, who had picked up the puck. The puck was knocked free by the yard sale that Light had caused, allowing Bent to swoop in and pick up the puck. Bent promptly sent the puck towards Hohenburg at the point to help set up play in the Whalers end. However, seeing Wilson lurking at the side of the net ready for a tip in, Hohenburg went for a pass. Hohenburg was the only player on the ice who seemed to realize that Wilson was in that position. This gave Wilson an easy tap in to get the puck past Whalers’ goalie Link to tie the game up at 3-3.

16. Wilson’s next game came about 30 minutes later, at 11:42 into the third, in the same game. This one was quick goal right off the faceoff. Bent was lineup against Levi Kubrak at the faceoff dot to the left of Link in the Whalers’ end. Bent won the draw cleanly to Wilson at the hash marks along the boards. Wilson took a couple strides up to get behind Bent, then took a shot trying to use crowd in front of the net to his advantage. The puck somehow made it through the crowd and found the back of the net. This gave the Knights a 6-5 lead going into the final 10 minutes of the game. As it would turn out, the Whalers’ were not able to muster up another goal, meaning this would be a game winner for Wilson.

[Image: lines-faceoff-goal.gif]

17. With only 7 seconds left in the same game, the Knights’ 33rd, Wilson potted an empty netter. Hohenburg carried the puck from the Knights end all the way into the Whalers’ end. She took a look at the empty net, but decided to give a nice easy pass for Wilson. Wilson picked up the puck and easily fired it into the middle of the net.

That 33rd game was Wilson’s first career hat-trick. Surely it is a night that he will always remember, until his first career SHL hat-trick anyway. Not only was it a hat-trick, but it also propeller Wilson into top 3 point scorers in the league, below only Hans Moleman and linemate Bent. Wilson is now boasting a ridiculous 23% shooting percentage, which he has somehow maintained throughout over half the season now.

18. Wilson’s 18th came only one game later, in the Knights’ 34th game of the season. This was almost a goalless game for Wilson, as he scored with only 3 seconds remaining in the game. This one was another empty netter assisted by Hohenburg. Wilson intercepted the puck in the neutral zone before feeding Hohenburg. Hohenburg skated the puck into the Militia end, but was cut off by Matthew Shea along the boards. Hohenburg threw a blind pass into the middle of the ice, when it somehow found Wilson. Wilson grabbed the puck, and took a quick shot on goal to make sure that he beat the buzzer.

19. Wilson’s 19th take 12:39 into the first period of the Knights’ 39th game. The goal came off a clean faceoff win from Bent in the Scarecrows end. The puck came off Bent’s stick and went right to Wilson, who was ready for it. Wilson took one stride then let go a shot to the far side of the net. Wahlgren, who was having a bit of tough game, couldn’t find the puck with the small crowd in front of the net. The puck hit the post just below his blocker and above his pad and deflected in.

It would take Wilson another 6 games to get to his 20th goal, he definitely slowed down a stretch here. His 19th was also to break a streak after going goal less for 5 games. This was easily the least productive span for Wilson this season. He would remain slow for the rest of the regular season, but it was a better than this 11 game span.

20. Wilson’s 20th goal came midway, at 9:38 into the second period, through the Knights’ 45th game of the season. This one, as so many do, came off an interception in the neutral zone. Hohenburg stole the puck off an errant pass from Legend. Hohenburg chipped it off the boards to Bent at the blue line. Bent walked a fired a slap shot on net. The puck flew over the net and rimmed around the boards. Wilson picked it up along the hash marks on the right side of the Mammoths end. He led go a quick wrist on net. The puck went straight through Curtis Allison’s gaping five hole for Kelowna’s fifth goal of the game. This goal would chase Allison from the game after 5 goals on only 22 shots.

21. Wilson’s 21st came three games later, 2:27 into the third period of the Knights’ 48th game of the season. The goal came off a give and go between Wilson and Scarecrow player defender Rhaegar Targaryen. Bent won the faceoff, in the Scarecrows end, back to Wilson. Wilson tried to make a pass down into the corner for Bent to skate onto off the draw. But, Targaryen stepped in the way to intercept it. Targaryen took a look around and saw Willy Mack breaking out of the zone. Targaryen attempted a hard pass off the boards, but Wilson was able to knock it down. This time Wilson made a successful pass back to the Kasparek on the blueline. Kasparek threw a D to D pass across to Justice. Seeing that everyone had now shift over to his side of the ice, Justice sent a pass back to Wilson at the top of the faceoff circle. Wilson stepped into the pass to let go a booming one timer. The shot soared past the dumbfounded Wahlgren to find the back of the net.

[Image: crosby3.12.15web2.gif]

22. Wilson’s 22nd goal of the season came 16:51 into the first period of the Knights’ 49th game on the power play. This would be Wilson’s final goal of the regular season. The Knights’ had their power play fully set up in the Firebirds end for a solid minute leading up to this goal. The goal arose after a ton of shots were thrown towards the goal. First Bent fired one towards the net, but it missed. The missed puck was then picked up by Kasparek, who fired a clapper from the point. Waters made the save, but gave up a big rebound. The rebound made its way back up to Kasparek at the top of the faceoff circle. Kasparek, again, let go a big shot. This time the puck would hit the post and rebound to the other faceoff dot. Yanovich picked this one up and fired it towards the net with Wilson screening. Wilson got the blade of his stick on the shot deflecting it to the top corner of the net and knocking off the water bottle. Wilson then made a gutsy move to pick up the water bottle and take a sip from it in celebration.

This goal would end up being the final goal that Wilson scored in the regular season giving him a final tally of 22 goals and 23 assists for a total of 45 points. This would be enough points for Wilson to tie for 10th in the league for scoring with Nolan Angello of the Montreal Militia. He would also finish second in the rookie scoring race behind no other and Kasparek with 48 points. This was a very impressive season for Wilson offensively he was quoted as saying, “I can’t believe that I was able to put up that many points. Going into the season I was hoping just to make a roster spot, but turning into on of the key producers on this team was amazing.” Wilson’s team, the Knights, won the Presidents’ Trophy this year and that was in no small part due to Wilson’s exceptional performance all season.

Playoffs

Wilson had a tough start to the playoffs. It looked as though he had completely cooled down, registering no goals in the first three games. However, he was able to end this streak with a goal in the fourth game of the series.

1. Wilson’s first career playoff goal came 9:29 into the second period of the fourth game of the series. It was Kelowna’s first goal of the game to tie it up at one a piece only 17 seconds after the Mammoths first goal. After seeing the Mammoths pull ahead in this crucial game four, Wilson looked as if he was reborn and his only goal in life was to win this game. Bent lost the faceoff and the puck ended up with Leetch. Leetch, however, bobbled the puck as he tried to enter the Knights end. Starosta grabbed the puck and fed it to an open Hohenburg across the ice. She looked around quickly before dishing the puck up to Wilson at the blue line. Wilson skated the puck into the Mammoths end before leaving a drop pass for Bent. Bent took a shot towards the goal as Wilson crashed the net. The shot pinged of the post and rebounded out. Being in perfect position in front of the net, Wilson pounded the puck into the back of the net.

After allowing the Mammoths to crawl back into the series with it now tied at 2-2, the Knights would need big games out of their star players. After scoring his first career playoff goal, Wilson was hungry to continue with his goal scoring for the Knights in the next game. Wilson put up two goals in game five of the series to propel the Knights to 3-2 lead in the series.

2. Wilson’s second career playoff goal 3:42 into the next game off the series. After being hemmed in their own end by the Mammoths for minutes, Aitokallio is finally able to freeze the puck. The Mammoths win the faceoff but the just dump it into the corner of the zone. Kasparek picked it up to see a streaking Wilson along the boards. He made a long stretch pass that allowed Wilson to get in behind the Mammoths defence. Wilson made absolutely no mistake on the break away, faking to his left then pulling it to his backhand at the last moment. This goal made the game 3-0 for the Knights in a huge game 5 that would decide who takes the series lead. This goal would turn out to be the game winner after the Mammoths were able to get themselves back into the game.

[Image: sydney-crosby-goal-b.gif]

3. Wilson’s third came later in the game on an empty net. After a scrum in front of the Knights net, Wilson somehow came out with the puck. As everyone was focused on the scrum, Wilson was able to get the jump on the Mammoths defenders. He skated it down the ice and just before reaching the Mammoths blue line, he put a shot on net. The puck crossed the line with only 1 second left, giving the Knights a 4-2 lead, which would become the final score.

[Image: eratgoal.gif]

Although Wilson was not able to produce any goals in the sixth game of the series the Knights were able to vanquish the Mammoths. In the next round the Knights would have to face off against the Prince George Firebirds. Wilson started off the series very hot. Within the first 10 minutes of the first game he had registered two goals.

4. The opening goal of the second round came 7:50 into the first period. The Knights had held the puck in the Firebirds end of quite some time, leading to an ice by Toms Shnekinsen. As the ref brought the puck back down to the Firebirds end, Sirmais lined up opposite Joseph Riccardelli for the faceoff. Sirmais won it easily back to Wilson. Wilson took the shot from the top of the circle. The puck found its way through the crowd of bodies in the way. It hit the back of the net, without even a move by Firebird’s goalie, Ben Waters.

5. Wilson’s fifth tally of the playoffs came only a minute and seven seconds later at 8:57 into the first period. This goal came off a full team effort, starting behind the Knight’s net with the puck on the stick of Aitokallio. Aitokallio left the puck as Justice circled behind the net. Justice picked up the puck and as soon as he got around the net he fired a cross ice pass to Hohenburg. Hohenburg skated the puck up the left wing and into the Firebirds’ end. She left a drop pass for the tailing Wilson. Wilson let go a one timer off the pass. The shot sailed wide. The puck rimmed around the boards finding it’s way onto the stick of ZzRaven’s Robot Snoop Lion. Snoop Lion skated out from the boards and let go a shot at the top of the circle. Waters had it in his sights for an easy save. But just as it was about to reach the net, Wilson stuck out his stick for the deflection. The puck was redirected to the opposite side of the net. Waters was not able to recover and the puck found the back of the net.

This would be Wilson’s final goal of the playoffs and season. Although, he had put the Knights up 2-0 early in the game, they managed to let the Firebirds back into it. The game went to double overtime where the Firebirds scored. This would mark the beginning of the unravelling for the Knights, who proceeded to lose the next three games to allow the Firebirds to advance to the finals. Although it was a tough playoff for the Knights, no one on the team had played poorly. The Knights were simply outmatched by the Firebirds in this series for whatever reason. Wilson had a particularly productive playoff with 5 goals and 5 assists through their 10 playoff games. This would be good enough for Wilson to lead the Knights in scoring. He beat out Bent, Dominique, Hohenburg, and Kasparek, who are all tied with 7 points each. Within the whole league, Wilson was fourth in overall point and goal scoring at the end of the second round.

We asked Wilson for an interview about some of his thoughts on the season, here is what he had to say.
“It was definitely a tough way to finish off the season. Coming into a series as the heavy favourite, but then getting swept is something I never want to experience again. However, all in all, this season was a great welcome to the league, as I’m sure it was for the other Knight’s rookies as well. We got to dominate all season, and winning a Presidents’ Trophy is something that not everyone can say they’ve done before. I’m looking forward to next season, we’ve got a lot of solid rookies this year, who I’m sure will be able to step up and fill in those holes that are being left by the veterans. I, and I’m sure my fellow rookies as well, will be training all summer to get the Knights into a position where we have another great shot to bring home a Four Star Cup. At this moment, I’m just looking towards the draft. I’m curious as to which team I will be playing for in a couple seasons, as I’m sure most other rookies are too. “

We asked some of the members of the Knights Locker Room how they felt about Wilson’s inaugural season. Mikael Talo had the following to say:
[Image: cut.jpeg]

"It's been a pleasure to watch Wilson play this season," Mikael Talo, Kelowna alum and former assistant captain, remarked. "I think he's letter material for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a new patch on his jersey come next season, should he have the opportunity to play down again."

And current Knights player, Justice had the following remarks about Wilson:
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

"I mean I gotta say that Trevor Wilson had some of the most dominant games out of a lot of rookies this season. You can really tell that he has a way with the puck that you don't see too often, the way he thinks the game is pretty unique and he's bound for a great career. 45 points is a super impressive feat, and Wilson did it as a rookie. Wilson's gonna come back to Kelowna next season and he's gonna raise some 'brows, that's for sure.”

And Wilson's line mate, Alex Light, had the following remarks:
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

"Wilson's generally a good guy in the locker room however he tends to be too much in your face with results. His awkward taste in clothing alongside Gero[nimo Otto] has made him a bit of a target for pranks on long travels when we go to other arenas."
Based off this quote, it would seem that Light and Wilson have definitely developed some chemistry on and off the ice.

However not all team members gave complete praise for Wilson. Geronimo Otto, Wilson’s roommate, had the following to say:
[Image: 0.jpg]

"Trevor Wilson? Never heard of him."
It would seem that Otto thought all the dishes and laundry got cleaned by themselves throughout the season.

With the season coming to an end for Wilson, he will begin looking towards the World Junior Championship as one last way to salvage a championship after the depressing playoffs. Wilson will be expecting nothing less than a first place finish in this tournament. As well as providing another chance for glory, the World Junior Championships should provide a great place for Wilson to continue proving why he should be drafted high in the upcoming SHL draft. With many rookies looking to make a last ditch effort to improve their draft stock, we may see some interesting stories coming out of the World Juniors. One of these stories that may be worth monitoring in the World Juniors is the line chemistry between Wilson and Otto. Wilson and Otto have been called the fashion twinz throughout the season by their team mates, and this may lead to some amazing chemistry between the two. It is looking as if the two will be playing on the top line next season alongside Wilson’s current line mate, Alex Light.

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

dats a big ass article

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Sep 19 2016, 10:18 AM
dats a big ass article

SHL costs a lot of money 🤑

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

Quote:Originally posted by twils@Sep 19 2016, 02:30 PM

SHL costs a lot of money <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extensionUndecided/immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:80% 2.5%;background-size:4100%" title="money_mouth_face"></span></span>
damn right it does

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by twils@Sep 19 2016, 02:30 PM

🤑
[Image: g1407070335988063089.jpg]

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY