Create Account

PT Suggestion/Feedback Box
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 12:46 PM by Blastmeaway.)

10-29-2020, 11:12 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
10-29-2020, 10:57 AMhotdog Wrote: we calculate them objectively with percentage-based cutoffs (it's the same percentile for wingers and centers), so my guess is the distributions just be like that. @Blastmeaway can provide more detail.
so centers are too good this season?

Hotdog hit the nail on the head here, I run the 75th percentile for everything, except giveaways, for Forwards. We had ~45 Centers, ~99 Wingers, ~91 Defensemen; If you would like to look more at how I get the numbers, @dankoa, visit this link and go to 'Sheet9'. There is an area on the upper right side of the page that shows the breakdown of the Centers/Wingers/Defensemen/Goalies.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

I don't necessarily know how I would word this PT but essentially my idea would be a PT surrounding 4th lines? Either a survey style PT or a "its happening, how does your player react" kinda thing. Haven't fully formed my idea about this yet but wanted to suggest it while I had it on my mind

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Please go back to the old IIHF predictions <3

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

qwality > qwantity

long text is stupid, laik scool homewok.

we shoud tink of way of giv tpe for creativ or funy or fun or origeenal or somting

[Image: cleanandrei.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2021, 03:25 PM by kenvald.)

mPT/PT/CW Suggestions

1) With the extended season everyone now has to play 1/3 more games than before. How did the 16 extra games affect you and your team? How did you prepare and practice to make sure you could keep up for a full 66-game season? Did you perform better or worse compared to past, shorter seasons?

2) What is your preferred off-season activity? Do you follow the stereotype and go golfing? Maybe you're more exotic and go ice-fishing in Greenland? Or perhaps you simply lock yourself inside and don't talk to anyone until the preseason?

3a) Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?

3b) Create a new(or replace an existing) skater or goalie attribute in FHM. What's it called and how does it affect on- and off-ice performance? How important is it compared to other attributes?

4) We don't have a fancy way of running a skills competition. But, we still have an idea of who would perform well at certain events. Take one or more common skills competition events, or create a completely new one. Let us know which players would compete(from final teams, your team, or entire league) and who you think would be the winner of each event and why.

5) Share the behind the scenes of when your team is travelling across North America for games. What do you do to pass the time on the long flights? Does the team play any games together, or have sing-a-longs on the bus rides?

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

We did this awhile ago, but now there are new franchises and new members entirely.

The SHL is adding the Simulation Development Hockey League, a new affiliate league of the SHL where each SHL franchise has an affiliated farm team.

Written Task: Who is your team's new affiliate? What is their location, their branding, colors. Why did you choose this?
Graphic Task: Design the jersey for your SHL affiliate.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

1) What does your player do between games to recover, relax, focus on something else than hockey? Do you hang out with teammates, or stay away from the team altogether.

2) If you had to relocate your own team (J alumni team or SHL one) where would you move to, why?

3) With the growing number of European players, you are tasked with placing 1 team in Europe, where would you place it, why did you chose this location? Alternatively, why is it a bad idea to place a team in Europe?

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

okay i have a few of these and they might have already been done but I've only been here two years and I did not read the rest of the thread

- HEADSHOT DAY - what would you do to make sure your headshot is the best headshot possible? how do you prepare (or do you sleep in). graphic option just edit your player's jersey swap headshot

- LOCKOUT - oh noes there's a lockout. What does your player do during the lockout? are you picketing? What are your complaints in this lockout? are you playing overseas? if so, where?

- HOMETOWN - where is your player from? are they famous in their hometown or does nobody care? what do they do when they go back? or were they spawned from the heart of the earth without a human hometown to speak of?

- MILESTONES - what is a milestone that isn't tracked that you think should be? (could be something actually stats-based or just something completely silly, I don't care).

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Prime time member PT

In an ode to everyone past and present that have taken on roles within the community and done important things to advance the community ..

Pick a member and write 150 words about why that member is a PTM.. should include at least 1 role or 1 function that PTM did to enhance the SHL

Nice way for newbies to research the leagues great past.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Not sure if this has been done before, but how about a question about "What amenity not related to food or beverage would you add for fans in your team arena?"

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

Suggesting more mini Point Tasks, its very relaxing to do just something little for something little.

mPT - Missing teammate
Have you ever lost a dear teammate to another team? Or have you lost a teammate due to him retiring? Tell us who do you miss playing with, 25+ words

mPT - Out of your comfort zone
We all know we love playing for our own roles, but how about if you would play for another role out of your comfort zone? Write about which role you would play, and what type of player you would be, 50+ words

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Can we please get some more normal writing prompts? I understand wanting creativity but like I feel like for a sim league about sports, why not write things about the sport. I am okay every once in a while with a high school writing prompt but I would like to be able to write short pieces about what is going on in the league and get some TPE out of it and not have to wait til CW to do that.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

The butterfly effect is the idea that small things can have non-linear impacts on a complex system. The concept is imagined with a butterfly flapping its wings and causing a typhoon.

What is an event in SHL History that you think would have drastic impacts on the league had it happened differently. A certain draft selection, a trade, a thunderdome, anything can qualify

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

150 words on how oogley boogley has impacted your career

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

Would be cool to get a task based around something that's happened in-sim. Something like;

Storylines - Given that the regular season isn't far from coming to the end, it's time to look back at what we've seen transpire. What is the most surprising storyline of the season so far for you? It could be a team massively underperforming or overperforming, a division race that's a lot closer than anticipated, or perhaps even a player having a breakout season that no one saw coming!

PTs we've had this season have been fun but would be cool to get to do one related to the sim itself or even something that we can just tie back to hockey

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]