Create Account

PT Suggestion/Feedback Box
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2021, 01:33 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Pt Task: Our Rich History

The SHL is now 62 seasons old.. our history saturates this site and in this PT we honour this league by talking about it’s past, present and future.. (150 word min)

Choose 1:

— who are the most influential/important members of all time? Why?

— who are the top players of all time? Why?

— with a generation being every 10 seasons what players defined there generation?

— when it’s all said and done..what players will define the S60’s?

Note: if your not versed in the topics above then in 150 words talk about what player in this league or member on this site has impressed you in some way.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Recent PTs got me writing 50 extra words in other leagues so I can affiliate over rather than the trash that’s put up here. I get that you think it’s the height of comedy to keep making references to people wanting tasks to do with hockey/the sim and not actually giving it to them, but is it that hard to try and keep things interesting for everyone?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Idea for PT: King for a Day (or year)

Written Task: The recent spike in GM turnover has suddenly led to you being thrust into the GM's seat of a team that's not your own. Due to the suddenness of the situation, HO has opted to give you one season as the interim, after which you'll go back to your own team with no consequences. Describe what you would do if you found yourself in the GM seat for a season with no consequences. Do you take it seriously and try and build a contender with what you have in the system? Do you trade all the best players to your old team for scraps and try and relocate the franchise somewhere else? The possibilities are endless.

Graphic task: Make a graphic picturing a move you would make or rebrand you would do. Graphic should include a jersey swap of the player(s) render(s) and text describing the trade, rebrand could feature something humorous like a line on a map with a new logo.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I think it would be a great idea to implement a PBE style of PT claims. Instead of posting each claim separately, they grade everything and then release it all in one claim, the total tpe already calculated for each user that completed any tasks.

HERE is a link to PBE’s claim thread this season. We are going into week 3 of the season and there are only 3 claims in the claim thread, making it very organized and consolidated. This makes updating much easier for both updaters and players, it’s something I’ve really enjoyed when updating my player.

I’m not sure what the timeline you guys use for grading tasks is, so I’m not sure if this would be possible based on schedules. But I think it is definitely something to consider and could make updating easier for new members and old members alike.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

03-22-2022, 08:00 PMtrella Wrote: I think it would be a great idea to implement a PBE style of PT claims. Instead of posting each claim separately, they grade everything and then release it all in one claim, the total tpe already calculated for each user that completed any tasks.

HERE is a link to PBE’s claim thread this season. We are going into week 3 of the season and there are only 3 claims in the claim thread, making it very organized and consolidated. This makes updating much easier for both updaters and players, it’s something I’ve really enjoyed when updating my player.

I’m not sure what the timeline you guys use for grading tasks is, so I’m not sure if this would be possible based on schedules. But I think it is definitely something to consider and could make updating easier for new members and old members alike.

We have brought this idea under discussion!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2022, 10:42 AM by kenvald. Edited 1 time in total.)

As I hit regression I lost a good chunk of motivation to max earn. I still try to do all the smaller, quicker tasks. But the main 150 word PT rarely gets done anymore. Perhaps this is what you want, that people need to work a little harder for 3 TPE or get nothing. But if you're looking for more participation something that would compel me to get back into writing for the main PT is if we rewarded TPE in tiers. For example: 1 TPE for 50-99 words. 2 TPE for 100-149 words. 3 TPE for 150+ words.

I would most likely not write many 150+ words submissions. But I would definitely go for at least 50 words weekly.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Since I am still relatively new in the SHL, I don't know a lot about anything SHL-related. So this is an idea for another weekly PT, that is posted with the normal PTs, called History Check #1, #2, #3, etc.

Each History Check would be worth 1 TPE, + 0.5 TPE for correct answers. A correct submission would have to consist of:
- Correct answer(s)
- A 25-word blurb on the answer, which would be an explanation of your answer.

This type of PT gives people history on the SHL, and will really help new players, like me. But you never know, a long-time user might learn something new!

Here is an example of History Check PTs, and an answer to the question:

1. Who is the current SMJHL General Manager of the St. Louis Scarecrows? Did he/she do any other GM'ing stints in his/her career? Include years with your written answer.

Answer - TheSparkyDee
15 Words - TheSparkyDee has been the General Manager of the St. Louis Scarecrows since Season 61, but was also the CO-GM of the Scarecrows years before his GM'ing stint, from Season 57 to Season 60. He also won Gold with UCORAL in Season 55 as the head GM.

Grading:
1 TPE for doing the PT
0.5 TPE for TheSparkyDee, from Season 61 present. 
0.5 TPE for CO-GM'ing the Scarecrows from Season 57 - Season 60
0.5 TPE for GM'ing World Junior Championships with UCORAL
Total TPE = 2.5 (3)

I think this is a cool idea to try for one season, and I would help to try and make this a real PT. Leave some comments for me, good and bad are both are accepted.

Thanks to @TheSparkyDee for helping me with this!!!

Jayden Cloutier

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

Prompts themselves have been great, but I have grown to really not like the mock draft. It ends up just being a race to copy someone else's from my experience, maybe it's just bc i'm a first gen player, but I don't feel like it fulfills its intended purpose.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Prompt Suggestion: Since there seems to be a move toward airing high-profile playoff games Full View, which has a pregame ritual, what would/should the SHL anthem be?

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Bring back the hot takes PT you cowards (please)

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

In light of the fact that FHM has gators, perhaps a pet prompt? Does your player own any pets? How does being a pet owner coincide with life as a pro athlete? Just something that I thought of out of the blue here late at night Smile

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

HEEEEEYYYYY could we get some pts that arent as RP heavy? THAAAAAANNNKKKSS

(Sorry I dont have great ideas as to WHAT to do - but the RP stuff is tough for me. Previously we had stuff like "What kind of snacks would you have in the arena?" and things like that which I find way easier to write than talking about my player)

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

05-24-2023, 04:15 PMthiefofcheese Wrote: HEEEEEYYYYY could we get some pts that arent as RP heavy? THAAAAAANNNKKKSS

(Sorry I dont have great ideas as to WHAT to do - but the RP stuff is tough for me.  Previously we had stuff like "What kind of snacks would you have in the arena?" and things like that which I find way easier to write than talking about my player)

To add to this since we're talking in Discord about it: those hockey prompts we had previously that let us delve into hockey culture and philosophies were very easy for me, but I struggle with writing 150 words when it comes to RP topics.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Dunno if this one has been done before, but

How about a PT on a sponsership deal with a company. Write a small ad script or make a graphic based on the spondership deal! Could be the Dream Sponser PT

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]