Create Account

PT Suggestion/Feedback Box

Quote:Originally posted by jjaybs@Dec 12 2016, 10:23 AM

gdi crutch you've done it again. adding this to my gdoc for this season's ideas

y/w

i'll accept my paid position on the PT team now.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

I'd kind of like to see a PT that uses Bojo's Player Lookup feature (http://bojomachine.azurewebsites.net/PlayerLookup) to talk about some personal stats.

Written: Compare your player's season to a season past. Are they where you'd like them to be, or in a sophomore slump? If you are a first-season SHL player, talk about this season's stats and where you think you could see some improvement.

Graphic: Make a projection for your player's next season based on your player's current stats. If your player is retiring next season, make a retirement graphic including at least three of their most impressive lifetime stats.

No bonus Easter PT?

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

PT " SHL Players Custom Skates"
One weekend series a season, SHL players can design and wear their own custom skates.
(Similar to what the NFL did ...)

[Image: e1745226342536149dd998490cf0d2a9.jpg]

The Written: 200 w re: What's on your skates....your charity/ lost loved one / favorite superhero / whatever??

The Graphix: creating whatever pattern /artwork you would have applied to a hockey skate.

If this has already been done...sorry I'm just getting back here ,Hey I tried. Cheers

I'm going through TPE withdrawals... need More tasks.....help me.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

EY

I need 7 TPE :lol:

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

<a href='index.php?showuser=2238' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Pris</a>, any chance that we can flip the Weekend Funtime discussions into the regular PT during the week and the smaller PT prompts into the Weekend Funtime slot?

My thought on this is that meaningful discussion about the league is worth more to the site than the canned responses given in a PT response (not saying they aren't wonderful, meaningful, or fun), and should therefore earn a larger reward than the prompted PTs. What are your thoughts headed into S37?

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Aug 24 2017, 06:57 AM
<a href='index.php?showuser=2238' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Pris</a>, any chance that we can flip the Weekend Funtime discussions into the regular PT during the week and the smaller PT prompts into the Weekend Funtime slot??
Nah.

WF you can chime in 1 quick response during a busy weekend and be done with it, and not worry about word count. If you've got the time, discuss and get the bonus point.

It's easier to worry about hitting specific requirements of PTs during the week.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Phobospwns@Aug 24 2017, 07:27 AM

Nah.

WF you can chime in 1 quick response during a busy weekend and be done with it, and not worry about word count.&nbsp; If you've got the time, discuss and get the bonus point.

It's easier to worry about hitting specific requirements of PTs during the week.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1322' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>mpc</a>

This. The actual PTs tend to be longer and do have actual requirements. For the most part, people have to sit down and dedicate a bit of time to doing them, which is why we give around a week. The weekend funtime PTs are meant to be more "what you make of it" specifically because we allocate shorter time to them. If you have the time to give a lengthy response, great! If you don't, short and sweet is accepted too. Not everyone can find the time to actually sit down and write a PT that meets word count + requirements over the weekend, and honestly, not everybody should want to. A lot of people stay off the site on the weekends in favor of IRL stuff, and I wouldn't want to take away a greater amount of TPE from them by switching the two.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Quote:Originally posted by Pris@Aug 24 2017, 07:57 AM

<a href='index.php?showuser=1322' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>mpc</a>

This. The actual PTs tend to be longer and do have actual requirements. For the most part, people have to sit down and dedicate a bit of time to doing them, which is why we give around a week. The weekend funtime PTs are meant to be more "what you make of it" specifically because we allocate shorter time to them. If you have the time to give a lengthy response, great! If you don't, short and sweet is accepted too. Not everyone can find the time to actually sit down and write a PT that meets word count + requirements over the weekend, and honestly, not everybody should want to. A lot of people stay off the site on the weekends in favor of IRL stuff, and I wouldn't want to take away a greater amount of TPE from them by switching the two.

I guess the other part of this (that I didn't articulate, so that's on me, my bad) is that the PTs would become less work on the weekend and the discussion posts would really just be a post count or something. Making WFs maybe a 50 word blurb on a prompt and the discussion PTs a 3-reply minimum in the thread was my vision for things going off this idea, not 150 words every weekend, I agree that's too much for a weekend 1 TPE. Would that be a more favorable option to appease not over-working the user base?

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Aug 24 2017, 08:10 AM
I guess the other part of this (that I didn't articulate, so that's on me, my bad) is that the PTs would become less work on the weekend and the discussion posts would really just be a post count or something. Making WFs maybe a 50 word blurb on a prompt and the discussion PTs a 3-reply minimum in the thread was my vision for things going off this idea, not 150 words every weekend, I agree that's too much for a weekend 1 TPE. Would that be a more favorable option to appease not over-working the user base?
Let me say it simply for you: "I want discussion based PTs during the week".

Shortening PTs and moving them to the weekend is just turning what we currently call a "PT" into what we currently call the "Weekend Funtime", lol.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Bring back Sunday funday

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Aug 24 2017, 08:10 AM

From a user standpoint, the whole reason <a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Wally</a> gave us the discussion based weekend fun times was to differentiate them from PTs. Thats also why they were so well-received by users. This is the epitome of "If it isn't broken, don't fix it."

Also, the threads for Weekend Funtime are already reaching 10-15 pages, so if you want to grade 45 pages of discussion, go for it. :lol:

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Aug 24 2017, 07:57 AM

From a user standpoint, the whole reason <a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Wally</a> gave us the discussion based weekend fun times was to differentiate them from PTs. Thats also why they were so well-received by users. This is the epitome of "If it isn't broken, don't fix it."

Also, the threads for Weekend Funtime are already reaching 10-15 pages, so if you want to grade 45 pages of discussion, go for it. :lol:

Dead on. Absolutely correct on both points here. Oh man imagine how much fun that would be? Guh, not at all.

Some people like discussion... some don't. If you switch discussion for the weekly PT you basically force the format on someone versus the current format of doing creative writing or graphics. I definitely didn't want to take that choice away from someone when I was in the position.

[Image: Wally.png]

Not really a PT but we should add an uncapped bonus to players that reach all the personal milestones. Because if someone earns ALL of them, they deserve an added treat.

and reuse the zamboni graphic PT. (as I made one back in season 24ish but missed the posting deadline)

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius