Create Account

Endorsement idea

So been thinking about this for some time now as a way for something else to do on the site. I would like to introduce SHL endorsement system if I may. What it basically boils down to is each player has an opportunity for each season to endorse a specific product with several tasks to be completed under that topic for a combination of TPE and or cash. It could be limited to a couple tasks a week to spread it out over the season or they could do it all whenever as long as they completed it before the beginning of the next season. There would be different tiers set up so as they completed a sponsorship deal they could move on to a more lucrative one as they progress in their SHL careers. They would have to have completed say maybe two products under each level before being allowed to move on to the next level. The SMJHL ones could be funny and be for crappy products like Vagisil, Depends or Bob's used cars in Kelowna. The next could be for products specifically used by hockey players, such as CCM, Bauer, etc and the next tier for national products like Doritos, Mt Dew, etc. Not etched in stone, throwing out ideas here.

In order to keep the endorsements fresh we could pay people like 2 million dollars or something to come up with new products and tasks for each product. That way the team running it wouldn't have to constantly wrack their heads for ideas and it would allow others in the SHL to be involved and earn some cash for something besides media. If we give rewards of TPE for some tasks and cash for some of the others it allows for a more flexible system so people aren't boxed into doing pressers to earn training money and also give an alternate method of earning TPE. This is just something I've been kicking around in my head and I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion and see what others thought. You can feel free to tell me this is a stupid fuckin idea that would never work but at least I'm trying to throw something different out there. An example:

Bob McDermott, owner of Bob's quality used cars in Kelowna is a huge Knights fan. He has decided to boost his business he'd like to have one of the Knights as a spokesperson for his used car lot.

Task 1: Figure out and describe what will be required by the team from Bob in order for the team to set you up as a spokesperson for Bob's used cars. 3 TPE

Task 2: Now that you have been selected as Bob's spokesperson set up a press conference to announce the deal and answer 4 questions that you think would be asked at such a press conference. 750K

Task 3: Design a poster that Bob can pass out featuring your player and his business. 3 TPE

Task 4: It has been decided that you will go out to Bob's business and do a public appearance. Describe some of the people that you met at the event and the interactions you had with them. 750K

Task 5: Bob's secretary pulls you aside and explains that Bob is a horrible dresser and has become somewhat of a laughing stock among the other local business people. She asks if there's anything you can do to help solve this. Describe how you approach Bob and get his wardrobe issues fixed. 1mill

Task 6: Bob is very thankful for all the hard work you've been putting in for his business. He also realizes that you are a poor jr hockey player without alot of money so he decides he is going to give you one of his used cars. Bob's cars are not known for their style so describe what car you were given or make a graphic of you next to an old piece of crap car. 4 TPE

Task 7: Its commercial time. Come up with a jingle that can be used for a radio or television commercial featuring your player. 750K

Task 8: Bob's secretary is VERY grateful to you for solving Bob's wardrobe issues. She hints that she would be most eager to provide you with a reward of her own. Problem is she has the face of a Canadian moose. Describe how you handle the situation, do you let her down gently or do you take her up on her offer? 3 TPE

Task 9: Bob is to be honored at the last game of the season for his devotion to Knights hockey. Describe what the team and you have come up with to honor Bob for his tremendous support. Design a flyer advertising the event or describe what the event will entail at the arena. 3TPE

Task 10: The season is now over and its time to recap how the season with Bob went. Summarize all your experiences over the season for 1.5 million or do a 5 minute pod cast with someone playing the role of Bob for you and both of you describe the relationship during the past season for 3 mill.

Complete 8 of these 10 tasks to move on to another endorsement.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

I'm writing a paper so I really only glanced at this, but from what I see I REALLY like this idea.

Ilike

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Great idea. Also really like that it gives you the money or TPE options for different tasks

"Bob's secretary is VERY grateful to you for solving Bob's wardrobe issues. She hints that she would be most eager to provide you with a reward of her own. "

Is it candy? I love candy!

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

LOVE this idea

[Image: 57817_s.gif]

Love it

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

[Image: giphy.gif]

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

very interesting. Are you proposing it as a way to replace the current PT system altogether?

Devil's advocate: What if somebody decides to do all the tasks in one day? Wouldn't that lead to a similar boring scenario for the rest of the season?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Dec 12 2016, 09:29 PM
very interesting. Are you proposing it as a way to replace the current PT system altogether?

Devil's advocate: What if somebody decides to do all the tasks in one day? Wouldn't that lead to a similar boring scenario for the rest of the season?
Maybe a rule that you can do two tasks per week max. Dunno

I really like this idea tbh But I have seen issues with heavily rewarding very active players. I agree the activity should be rewarded that's the point of the site but there is a fine line to draw somewhere lets face it not everyone has the time to write stuff from day to day and that's fine, but should those players be punished by being put at a Significant TPE disadvantage due to their activity.

Competition among rookies and teams generates activity and if that competition becomes to one sided in favor of the more active writers then that could be a bad thing. I always prefer the money incentive for these things because it is still a good incentive and doesn't give players too much of a "one up" on others

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Could set a limit to 2 tasks a week if you want, 1 endorsement per season, as an addition to Pt system. I mean the example I have is 16 tpe or so and money, would it really add that much inflation, 16 extra tpe over a season? Or you could do it in the offseason as an addition to CW. Just throwing a thought out there.

Quote:Originally posted by belgarat@Dec 12 2016, 01:53 PM
Could set a limit to 2 tasks a week if you want, 1 endorsement per season, as an addition to Pt system. I mean the example I have is 14 tpe or so and money, would it really add that much inflation, 14 extra tpe over a season?

I mean we could simply remove a PT or two to help make room for it a bit. I like the idea, personally.

Note: Any (if any) changes will start in S33.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by belgarat@Dec 12 2016, 02:53 PM
Could set a limit to 2 tasks a week if you want, 1 endorsement per season, as an addition to Pt system. I mean the example I have is 16 tpe or so and money, would it really add that much inflation, 16 extra tpe over a season? Or you could do it in the offseason as an addition to CW. Just throwing a thought out there.

Would be cool to do it in the offseason, as like an endorsement deal for the following season. Could even somehow tie it into a PT along the way.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Dec 12 2016, 06:55 PM

I mean we could simply remove a PT or two to help make room for it a bit. I like the idea, personally.

Note: Any (if any) changes will start in S33.

We could fold it into the seasonal PTs, release two tasks a week, one for TPE and one for money? So you would have a PT, a prediction, an SF, an endorsement task for TPE and one for money. Total of 8 TPE handed out a week, which is roughly what we were aiming for, right, Bojo?

[Image: 57817_s.gif]

Just trying to throw something else out there to help activity. Would also be a nice way of earning money besides another presser. And if you reward people for coming up with products and tasks it should keep itsself going for awhile.