Create Account

League of Accomplished Players Every Player who has Won an Award
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2018, 02:24 AM by Chris-McZehrl.)

why you should have as player a high number for winning the cup? you has also members they are just 4th liners or so! dont be inflate all the SHL things eh! but I think the introduction to the Hall of Fame should bring some points too! because not all are introducted Wink

@ArGarBarGar great work and thank you for updating it Smile

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2018, 02:34 AM by NUCK.)

09-06-2018, 02:22 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: why you should have as player a high number for winning the cup? you has also members they are just 4th liners or so! dont be inflate all the SHL things eh! but I think the introduction to the Hall of Fame should bring some points too! because not all are introducted Wink

@ArGarBarGar great work and thank you for updating it Smile

Because I was never a 4th liner during any of my cups. Plus I said I am biased, so it's ok. I also agree with HoF being on here.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

09-06-2018, 01:06 AMNUCK Wrote:
09-05-2018, 11:29 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Finally updated. Includes the S42 awards.

Let me know if I missed anything or there are any discrepancies.

I think 50 for a cup is low TBH. I know making the 1st all-star team is more rare than an entire team getting a cup. But seriously no little kids ( and big kids ) dream of making the all-star team, their dreaming of hoisting the cup.

Maybe I'm just being biased but I have always looked at the cup as the Holy Grail of our sport.

PS I think this is amazing.

The Challenge Cup is a funny trophy when trying to determine a player's legacy. As long as you are nominated as an all star or win some award every single cup win will be acknowledged, so there is a very varied amount of actual deserved credit for them. I feel that 50 is enough of a middle ground to where players can get a little bump in their score.

Also I'm not sure I understand the all star comparison. The Cup is worth more than any all star selection in terms of points.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

09-06-2018, 07:47 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Also I'm not sure I understand the all star comparison. The Cup is worth more than any all star selection in terms of points.

that is true!

what about my HoF notification?

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

already a third of the way there. woo woo.

also, 2 mcbride noms, only 1 all star selection. lel

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

09-06-2018, 09:13 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote:
09-06-2018, 07:47 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Also I'm not sure I understand the all star comparison. The Cup is worth more than any all star selection in terms of points.

that is true!

what about my HoF notification?

I think the logo on the side of the name is fine. The legacy should be based on what you did on the ice. Being named to the Hall is taking the information of what you did on the ice and just giving you recognition for it, same as the score.

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

I swear to Christ Garbanzo. You make me drop to tied for 5th and I'm gonna shake my fist at you from afar.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

09-06-2018, 07:47 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
09-05-2018, 11:29 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Finally updated. Includes the S42 awards.

I think 50 for a cup is low TBH. I know making the 1st all-star team is more rare than an entire team getting a cup. But seriously no little kids ( and big kids ) dream of making the all-star team, their dreaming of hoisting the cup.

Maybe I'm just being biased but I have always looked at the cup as the Holy Grail of our sport.

The Challenge Cup is a funny trophy when trying to determine a player's legacy. As long as you are nominated as an all star or win some award every single cup win will be acknowledged, so there is a very varied amount of actual deserved credit for them. I feel that 50 is enough of a middle ground to where players can get a little bump in their score.

Also I'm not sure I understand the all star comparison. The Cup is worth more than any all star selection in terms of points.

20+ players get a cup every season and only six make the All-Star team. Yes all 20 players dont contribute to the cup but still receive the accomplishment. Where with All-Star selection is awarded to a single player and their season accomplishment not there team or teammates.

Thats where I see a 1st team All-Star being harder to obtain then a cup, per member. But I just feel that a cup is more sought after and therefore should be worth more. I do understand your view and reasoning on it, I guess its a personal view vs what its really worth.

Bojo Machine
Player builder

09-06-2018, 09:00 PMNUCK Wrote:

20+ players get a cup every season and only six make the All-Star team. Yes all 20 players dont contribute to the cup but still receive the accomplishment. Where with All-Star selection is awarded to a single player and their season accomplishment not there team or teammates.

Thats where I see a 1st team All-Star being harder to obtain then a cup, per member. But I just feel that a cup is more sought after and therefore should be worth more. I do understand your view and reasoning on it, I guess its a personal view vs what its really worth.
What ArGar is saying is, you're arguing what already is. The Cup is worth 50 points, the 1st Team All-Star Selection is worth 40. So the Cup is worth more than an All-Star selection in this already. We have no idea what you're actually arguing other than that the Cup should be more valuable, when it already is more valuable.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

09-06-2018, 10:44 PMJayWhy Wrote:
09-06-2018, 09:00 PMNUCK Wrote:

What ArGar is saying is, you're arguing what already is. The Cup is worth 50 points, the 1st Team All-Star Selection is worth 40. So the Cup is worth more than an All-Star selection in this already. We have no idea what you're actually arguing other than that the Cup should be more valuable, when it already is more valuable.

I was trying to say, I believe the cup should be worth more than 50 when we have certain awards up to 90. But I can also see the reasoning its only worth 10 more than a 1st All-Star selection.

Bojo Machine
Player builder

09-06-2018, 09:00 PMNUCK Wrote: 20+ players get a cup every season and only six make the All-Star team. Yes all 20 players dont contribute to the cup but still receive the accomplishment. Where with All-Star selection is awarded to a single player and their season accomplishment not there team or teammates.

I get what you are saying but from what I understood you need to have won or be nominated for an Award or something else that gives your player "legacy" points to be put on this list so imo there isn't much of handout points there. Just because you won the Cup you won't be on the list.

As for how things should be valued obviously everyone should want a Cup but being a 1st team all-star should be a way more elite circle of players than those who have won the Cup. Personally I would be open to it also being 50 points if they have been an unanimous All-Star since it indicates that they were the best player in their respective position for that season.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

I don't think we should conflate what the end goal for a player is every season (winning the cup) with what contributes to an individual player's value through their career.

Considering almost every single big name skater/goaltender in the list has a cup, I don't think many players are being unfairly scored, here. Also @NUCK once I actually finalize your score you will be among the top 3 defenders, even with the current point system. That seems well deserved to me.

09-07-2018, 06:23 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: I don't think we should conflate what the end goal for a player is every season (winning the cup) with what contributes to an individual player's  value through their career.

Considering almost every single big name skater/goaltender in the list has a cup, I don't think many players are being unfairly scored, here. Also @NUCK once I actually finalize your score you will be among the top 3 defenders, even with the current point system. That seems well deserved to me.

I am not so much arguing to push myself higher, it was just my thoughts when looking at the scoring system.

Bojo Machine
Player builder

This is pretty cool tbh and I am lucky to not be last on the board

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

@ArGarBarGar just cause I noticed this looking at my HoF page, @.bojo has still never actually fixed a misspelling of Russell's name in the Bojo Box / Machine / whatever we're calling it these days that's splits his info across two players. Doesn't make a big difference, but just for accuracy's sake Russell's stat line for HoF and relevent stats for here should be:
GP: 808, G: 220, A: 392, P: 612, +/-: 166, PIM: 954, Hit: 2251, SB: 199

He's also missing his S31 Darr nomination.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]