Create Account

S32 Buffalo Stampede: The Good, Bad and Future

Welcome to RainDelay's SHL in Review series! There will be 14 parts to this, one for each team in record/elimination order. I will be looking at the good things, the bad things, and the future scope of each team. I hope to make this a regular thing each season.

So far in the series:

14. S32 Portland Admirals: The Good, Bad and Future
13. S32 Toronto North Stars: The Good, Bad and Future
12. S32 Hamilton Steelhawks: The Good, Bad and Future

Next up are the Buffalo Stampede who finished in 5th place in the Eastern Conference this season.

<center>[Image: ekj2pv.png]
Stampede Buffalo Stampede Stampede
21-22-7 (49 Points)
Fifth in Eastern Conference

The Good

Defenseman Friedrich Muller had one hell of a season. The blue-liner tallied 10 more points than anyone else on the Stampede roster, with 21 goals and 27 assists. His play certainly helped garner some wins. Bright debut seasons from the rookie trio in Buffalo had heads turning as well. The headliner of the bunch is #2 overall pick, Eduard Selich. The winger had 17 goals, 19 assists and a +/- of +10. He was a positive force on the ice, and off the ice as well. Tomen is a member of the site who has already built a strong reputation for himself through his writing and his activity around the community. The same can be said for Alexis Metzler who had 31 points in his debut season, for another nice start. The +/- will have to be improved though. Finally, Steven Stamkos Jr. is another fine chip who made his debut in Season 32, and also had 31 points. Goaltender Casey Holmes had a .907 save percentage, but he continues to be the backbone of the franchise, consistently improving.

The Bad

While one GM's player, Casey Holmes, had mild success and is on the upswing, the other GM's player is a bigger question mark. Defenseman Brynjar Tusk had 11 assists and failed to find the back of the net in 50 games. I am aware that he is a defensive defenseman, and scoring is not a strong point, but the numbers will have to go up if he plans to be a top pairing defenseman. At least the team scored more than the other team while Tusk was on the ice, as he had a positive +/-. The team's performance against New York State rival Manhattan, was, well...Rage inducing. They finished 1 and 5 against the boys in red, and that might have been a contributing factor as to why they couldn't steal the fourth seed in the Eastern Conference from the Minnesota Chiefs, who fell ass-backwards into the playoffs. Also, like all rookies and young players, bad games come frequently, and blowouts are not uncommon. This should lessen in the almost immediate future, but for this season, there was still plenty of bad.

The Future

There is room for the Stampede in the playoffs. Obviously, they did not get in this season, but next season is very much on the table. With a Minnesota squad that seems to lose all momentum at the end of recent seasons not improving as much as the Stampede, they may be able to get in after all. And if they shape up against the Rage, maybe they can leapfrog their in-state competitors. It all starts with a few names. The trio I mentioned before of Metzler, Selich and Stamkos Jr. are off on the right track, but the backbone of this team is three different players. There's goalie Casey Holmes, of course, and then there is former number one overall pick, center Nicolas Winter. Winter has been a great presence on the site, holding high ranking jobs over the course of his time, and from what I can tell, has acted as a great mentor for the first generation players on the team. Finally, there is lowkey TPE grinder Maximillian Wachter, who has over 1100 TPE and was a second round draft pick in the Season 27 draft, so let's see if that can continue to translate to in game success. The future is bright in northern New York, they just have to keep it going!

</center>

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Tagging everyone who I mentioned:

<a href='index.php?showuser=21' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Brandon</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=1245' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>ThatDamnWalrus</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=1263' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>kit</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=2203' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Stamkos Is My Dad</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=2271' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>Avakael</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=2285' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>Tomen</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=2059' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>MP7</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=86' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>RomanesEuntDomus</a>

Great read bud, well done Cheers Stampede

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

TPE grinder. :-?

good read, well done.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

Jets up next.