Create Account

Winds of Change in Dallas

<div align="center">[Image: NiksLJu.jpg]
Geoffrey Allen, one of the longest tenured Renegades, feels confident in the organization's direction.</div>

Dallas, Texas - The Texas Renegades organization called a press conference today to announce a few changes to the team after a season that can only be seen as a disappointment and an anomaly. The Renegades closed out the season tied for points with the Calgary Dragons, but were forced out of the playoffs due to a tie breaker. It was the first time the organization has failed to make the playoffs in a little over 5 seasons. The disappointment in the eyes of management, the players, and the fans cannot be understated.

"It was a tough thing to accept for everybody," alternate captain Rick James said. "We fought hard until the very end. Unfortunately, we just weren't able to produce a quality product when it mattered and by the time we found our game, it was too little too late." Other members of the team mirrored James' sentiment. This is a team who has become as cohesive a unit as a team can be in the SHL, and the rocky season has begun to wear on the hearts and minds of the players.

At the press conference, General Manager Geoffrey Allen spoke with the media regarding certain changes they were going to make for the upcoming S33 season approaching.

"First off, I'd like to thank everybody for supporting us through this season. It was hard for us to see the season slip away as I'm sure it was for the fan base. We fought valiantly until the end, but unfortunately, it just wasn't enough. On behalf of the Rengades organization I'd like to turn your eyes ahead. The past is the past and there is nothing we can do now to change what is done. We must look ahead to the future and focus on what we are able control."

"After speaking with my co-General Manager, Evandrus Jesster, we have mutually decided that it is best for him to step away. Jesster has been an absolute magnificent addition to our team, both on and off the ice. We covet him as a person and player and thank him for everything he has done for us to date. Unfortunately, due to some real life matters as well as some here, among you all, he feels he is unable to properly before his duty to the level that he feels the team deserves. That's why, S32 will have been his last as the Texas Renegades co-General Manager. We thank him for his service and wish him the best of luck in all of his endeavors."

Allen took a brief pause as he allowed some murmuring among the press to die down a bit. He adjusted his tie, cleared his throat, and continued to speak.

"There is a member of my organization whom I think very highly of. One who has been a pillar of strength, knowledge, and support since my fledgling days within the league. A person whom I trust, unconditionally, to speak to me truthfully and candidly on all matters both professional and personal. I believe very highly in this person, and have passed on him several times when deciding on a co-General Manager. He has cultivated many seasons of experience in other leagues, and will join me in the front office to help oversee all issues, financial, personnel, or otherwise. It is with great pleasure that I introduce to you, my co-General Manager, Jack <a href='index.php?showuser=1730' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-63'>Durden</a>!"

Durden took a step behind the Renegades drop cloth, smiled, and waved to the media. There was a healthy round of applause from those in attendance, both in the media and members of the organization. He walked over and stood beside the podium, to the right of his other half. As the applause died down, Allen continued to address the media.

"As many of you may know, the Renegades have retained one of the longest standing captains in the league. Liam <a href='index.php?showuser=1077' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Kinsler</a> has been to the top of the mountain and has drank from the Challenge Cup. He has the heart, mind, and attitude of a winner. This is the attitude which we feel truly embodies what it means to be a Texas Renegade. Due to his steady decline on the back part of his career, he no longer feels that he will be able to perform his duties to the fullest extent and will also be taking a step back to allow another player to don the C for the Renegades."

Another murmur stirred over the crowd. This time it was quickly hushed as Allen picked up right where he left off.

"It has been no secret that I heavily rely on this person to be a mentor to myself and the rest of the team. He is truly a leader and is very vocal in the locker room and on the ice. He is a great person, teammate, and friend. I think it goes without saying who will be the next captain of the Renegades. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, the newest captain of the Texas Renegades, Vladimir Lidstrom!"

Another round of applause broke out, as <a href='index.php?showuser=1526' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>belgarat</a> made his way onto the podium, donning a Renegades jersey with a large white 'C' embroidered on the front of it. He also smiled and waved before the shutter clicks and flash bulbs from the crowd. Allen addressed the media with a final statement.

"The Texas Renegades are a team whose strength and confidence never waiver. Despite being faced with a hurdle this season, our determination will not falter. We will be back next season, better than ever. It is my belief that this season was an asterisk in the great history of this team and I feel that we will be ready to retake our place atop the Western Conference as well as the league, next season. With that said, I open the floor up to any questions you may have for myself, Durden, or <a href='index.php?showuser=1526' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>belgarat</a>."

<div align="center">your questions here</div>

About time Vliddy got the cheddar

Sad to see you step away jesster, but excited to see what Durden can do for the franchise. Great pick Allen

Fuck the renegades

Go Panthers

(Had to say something negative)

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

R E N E G A D E B O Y S S28

stripping a legend of the C…classic #NewRenes

<a href='index.php?showuser=1077' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Kinsler</a> should retire out of spite IMO

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Congrats <a href='index.php?showuser=1730' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Durden</a>! Renegades Renegades Renegades

Renegades Renegades Renegades Renegades

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Well earned, Durden & Vliddy.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Happy to be helping in the leadership of Texas. I've felt at home here since I was brought onto the team, and want to be a part of this team's success.

Can't wait to get started with Allen to get us back into the playoffs, and soon capture that Challenge Cup.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**