Create Account

S33 Wolfpack Interested Prospects Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Symmetrik@Jan 13 2017, 07:02 PM
I'm pretty active right now, definitely more than I thought I'd be. I am in college, so I will get busy with assignments throughout Feb-April, and then again next fall I'll be really busy. Even as busy as I'll be though, I don't see it stopping me from at least checking in and updating my player.

If I'm not on SHL I'm pretty much either working, at school, or playing xbox/watching tv. My favourite team is the Buffalo Sabres. I'm Canadian, so getting into hockey wasn't really a thing. I just always was. I think I started skating when I was 5 maybe? I started playing hockey when I was 6 or 7 I think.

No, not really. I've seen Eggy in the rookie chat a little bit, but I wouldn't say i know him. None of my fellow Firebirds are NE prospects either.

Oh cool, what are you studying?

Ayy I'm a Sabres fan too, so is WeWantTaro! So up and down lately, eh? Hopefully we can pull it back together before it's too late this year.

Prettyburn's probably more active in the rookie chat than me, she's also on NEW (and a NEW alum too!Wink But yeah, no Firebirds prospects yet Wink

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy Nog@Jan 14 2017, 07:43 PM

Oh cool, what are you studying?

Ayy I'm a Sabres fan too, so is WeWantTaro! So up and down lately, eh? Hopefully we can pull it back together before it's too late this year.

Prettyburn's probably more active in the rookie chat than me, she's also on NEW (and a NEW alum too!Wink But yeah, no Firebirds prospects yet Wink

I'm actually studying Game Development right now. It been a blast so far.

This season has been so frustrating to watch. Eichel going down at the start was awful, and then we've been crushed by more injuries. And the play has just been so up and down. Like we come out with some great games against good teams, then we drop duds in important games against teams right with us in the standings. Driving me crazy.

I actually am pretty unfamiliar with who a lot of the GMs are... I forget some of them pretty easily. I totally forgot pb was a GM. She's actually in the PGF discord as well as the rookies. But yeah, that question at first my mind went straight to players.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

1. What are your long term goals for your player? Short term goals?
Long term i want to be a hall of fame player and have my number in the rafters of the team that drafts me. Short term i want to dominate the smjhl, then win the roty my first shl season and win the cup.

2. Do you want to move up to the SHL immediately? Play one or more seasons in juniors? Open to either?
Im open to either but id much much prefer to stay down

3. What's most important to you in an SHL team? Would you rather be on a winning team, or a close-knit and active one? Do you want to have a top roster spot early on, or maybe take a few seasons to climb up the ranks? What else differentiates a team you'd want to play on?
A lot is important on an shl team. Obviously i want ot win, and have individual success while also being able to have a lot of people to talk to. It wont matter if i want a top roster spot early on, because ill earn that spot quicker than anyone else in this draft B)

4. What's your locker room personality? Are you a natural leader? Shy but interested? Always in the middle of a gif war?
I mean, idk im just kit :lol: i post a shit ton in the lr or discord

5. How did you find out about the SHL? What's your favorite part about this site?
JNH on ea hut forums. FAvorite part is idk, the sim probably but i like the people too Tongue

6. What's something you want to do in the SHL that you haven't gotten to do yet? What are you most proud of in your SMJHL career to date?
I want to win an mvp. I mean that goes without saying but that was the one major thing i feel i didnt do with muller. In my smjhl career id say i was the best forward on my team. And for a rookie to do that in the smjhl is hard.

7. How active are you on the SHL? What's something that could drop your activity levels in the future?
Incredibly. I'll likely have a job this summer so my activity might dip but probs not for long then.

8. Tell me something about yourself! What do you do when you're not on the SHL? What's your favorite hockey team, and how did you get into the sport? Or something completely unrelated to hockey.
i dont understand? not on the shl??? Fav team is the Wild. Got into hockey through my dad, his dad briefly owned the North Stars and we've just been a hockey family since.

9. What's one reason the Pack should draft you? What's one reason we shouldn't?
Because im the best player in this draft.
Because youll have to trade up

10. On a scale of 1-10 how would you feel about being drafted by the New England
Wolfpack?
:-?

11. Are you familiar with anybody on the Wolfpack?
Yeah i know a few of you Wink

12. What question should we be asking you?
you should ask me if you can trade up for me

13. Do you have any questions for the Pack? (Feel free to PM us if you'd prefer)
what i prefer is for u to pm me Wink

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy Nog@Jan 14 2017, 05:28 PM

That's pretty cool! What position did you used to play? I never played myself, super jealous that you did Tongue.

Jepox and Akegs are both on Montreal! Other than that not sure who you might know.

I used to play right wing.

- legend

2. Do you want to move up to the SHL immediately? Play one or more seasons in juniors? Open to either?
- stay in juniors

3. What's most important to you in an SHL team? Would you rather be on a winning team, or a close-knit and active one? Do you want to have a top roster spot early on, or maybe take a few seasons to climb up the ranks? What else differentiates a team you'd want to play on?
- winning team, playing time

4. What's your locker room personality? Are you a natural leader? Shy but interested? Always in the middle of a gif war?
- Trump is my father.

5. How did you find out about the SHL? What's your favorite part about this site?
- tf I don't remember that far back

6. What's something you want to do in the SHL that you haven't gotten to do yet? What are you most proud of in your SMJHL career to date?
- uhm...win more cups?

7. How active are you on the SHL? What's something that could drop your activity levels in the future?

8. Tell me something about yourself! What do you do when you're not on the SHL? What's your favorite hockey team, and how did you get into the sport? Or something completely unrelated to hockey.
- I lift weights. Snowboard. Shoot shit. Chicago Blackhawks.

- because Merica and because Merica

10. On a scale of 1-10 how would you feel about being drafted by the New England Wolfpack?
- idk

- yeah

- favorite sex position

13. Do you have any questions for the Pack? (Feel free to PM us if you'd prefer)
- fk u

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Win Championships/Win Championships

open to either but would prefer at least two more season in junior... i want 500-600 tpe before entering SHL

The Community is the most important aspect. Build a strong close knit group based around respect and being a family

Observer... I am not the most talkative person but I am on the site constantly. I will voice my opinions when needed but do enjoy friendly locker room banter

Joined back in season 4 because of DPark and Wadeybbbbbbbb

Im most proud of my 9 seasons as GM of the Regina Force/Prince George Firebirds. Developing players who have become stars in the SHL and some even GM's of SHL teams... i am so proud and honoured to have watch them grow into the talented players and GM's they are now.

Im in College and work but i usually can still make time for the site

Im a bartender with a passion for creating cocktails as it makes me feel like a mad scientist
Football manager or any other game that lets me draft and develop a sports franchise into a dynasty

I am the definition of a Team Player/Not the most talative

10. On a scale of 1-10 how would you feel about being drafted by the New England Wolfpack?
8-9

PB!!!!! and HFFO!!!!!

What is the most important part of this site to ensure it is prosperous?

The SMJHL

How do you build a team?
What are you looking for in the players you draft?
What role do you see me playing in the long term for the team?
How can I help the Wolfpack be successful?

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Long therm - becoming one of the greatest in the SHL
Short therm - helping PGF next season

Nope, I would love to stay down for maybe 2 seasons. It depends on the team that drafts me

I want to be in a team that can help me develop and between players who enjoy the site. I am looking for a great LR, I don't really mind loosing couple of seasons, victories will come

I like gifs. I pop up sometimes to tell shit that has happened to me, but all in all pretty active

looooong time ago :D

I want to win that darn cup already. Jiiizas

Doing all the PTs and will keep doing that

Handball player, student, a tad aggressive European. Nothing interesting actually :D

You will love to see me pop up in the LR. Sometimes I am funny. But sometimes I say some bad shit so that could be a minus

You, Eggy

Hey, did you saw that GoT episode?

I am good

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

[Image: fc0f3bf7fc8abadf278bd8616d66c936.gif]

[Image: e24ffd63c452e12295a36214179425147b65f34b_hq.gif]

[Image: 7374e0d6ebc8c05b22857a530c6e6b61.gif]

[Image: QPkJQTD.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: tumblr_o0jjmgqoNR1qz64n4o1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_mh19jssEHA1s0kwxdo1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_n2938ks8AP1se015qo1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_n6vymqkegf1r1mi29o1_500_by_torido...a6skht.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nmpr7yYkZ61updw00o4_500.gif]

[Image: hey%2Bthere.gif]

[Image: tumblr_n9wj88WxUZ1rmwq3fo1_500.gif]

[Image: 9aa03021cc2cd55ff2b413aaa4ef72a52caea60a_hq.gif]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Win all the Challenge Cups. Best defenseman in the league. Be awesome. I don't know about long-term goals though.

I'll play wherever I'm needed, but I would definitely like another shot at the 4-Star cup.

I'd want to play for a team with an active LR, It's not as much fun winning when there is no one really there to share it with. I'm fine with working my way up in the lineup!

Probably more towards shy but interested. I don't start conversations per se but I definitely will participate in LR discussion.

Found out from Reddit. I like how much there is to it, IIHF, Juniors, Articles, Head offices, it's cool how much everyone gets into it.

Proud of making the playoffs with the Whalers despite everyone thinking we were the worst team in the SMJHL. I also want to win a cup at both the SMJHL and SHL level, haven't had the opportunity to do either!

Very active. A sudden and unforeseen death is probably what will keep me from this site.

I've played hockey since I was 5, I'm a big leafs fan. I also go to school/workmand play dodgeball!

You should draft me if you want a future #1 D, don't draft me if you don't like pizza!

10! I'm going to be happy wherever I go!

I actually don't know! it's possible but I haven't matched all users to their teams yet.

Who Likes short shorts? (I like short shorts)

Nope! but if you have any more questions for me feel free to ask!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Long-term, I definitely would like to be part of a Cup-winning team. I’d also like to be recognized as a damn good defensive D-man, so I’ll have to earn plenty of TPE. Given that I’m set to hit the juniors cap as soon as I sign with equipment and TTC, I think I’m off to a good start!

Short-term, I’d love to win the Four-Star Cup with PGF. I think we’ve got a solid shot at it next season and the season after, especially if our draftees from this season can stay down (we had an awesome draft this season, heh). I’d also love to take home some awards next season.

I’d like to stay down for at least another season, preferably more.

Activity and a friendly atmosphere are definitely the most important things for me - don’t be fooled by my answers to that first question; those were goals for my player, which are not as important as goals for me. Interacting with people is definitely my favorite part of the site, so being able to do that on my SHL team is super important. Competitiveness is definitely also a factor, but it’s not as important.

I’d be worried if I were able to jump into a top roster spot early on; that indicated a lack of depth and activity. I’m fine with taking some time to work my way up the ranks.

I will say NEW is especially attractive to me simply because of the leadership positions that NEW players hold. Eggy, pb, Jenny, Akamai, HFFO… there’s a lot of folks heavily involved in running the league and who care about the league that come from NEW. That means in part that y’all are doing something right, and also that y’all have some good advice to give to folks looking to wind up doing something similar.

I suppose I’m a natural leader? I make my voice heard, and I often notice or remember details that others don’t. I’ve got a head for minutiae and rules, and I’m happy to help folks out when they’re having trouble. I’ve enjoyed being able to do that in our draft class discord and as an updater. I definitely enjoy banter and friendly conversation, too, about league stuff and non-league stuff.

I’m a reddit recruit! I saw the recruit post before this past one and was intrigued, but I was still new to hockey at the time and not really ready for something like this yet. So then when it came by again, I jumped in, and here I am!

As I said, my favorite part about the site is definitely the person-to-person interaction. I’ve really enjoyed my draft class’s discord in particular; I lucked into a really good group. Got a solid bunch in PGF as well, and a pretty decent LR for Ireland. I’d love to continue the trend with my SHL team!

Definitely want to win a Cup. Definitely want to GM a team eventually, once I know more of what I’m doing, but not anytime soon.

What I’m most proud of… probably the initial splash I made when I joined, the expectations that were placed on me at the time, and how I’ve lived up to them thus far. Someone said that they see me either sticking around a long time and making the site a significantly better place, or burning out and disappearing after a few seasons, and I’m inclined to agree; when I’m genuinely interested in something, I don’t do it halfway. But I plan on making it the former, not the latter. :D

Pretty freakin’ active. I don’t have much to do IRL right now. Once I’m doing better and can get back into school, I’ll have less time for SHL, but I already know that I’ll still be around a lot, especially if I’m on a team with some engaging discussion and good personalities.

I spend a lot of time browsing reddit, playing video games (mostly single player RPGs, some 4X, some LoL), reading (fantasy and fanfic)… when I’m doing well, I also spend a fair bit of time singing in one or more university choirs, though I haven’t been able to do that lately.

Favorite hockey team is Dallas, with Chicago a close second. Not ashamed to say that I got into hockey through fanfic, eventually deciding I should check out the sport if I enjoyed the fic so much. It stuck. :D

Definitely should draft me because I’m an active member who’s going to stick around and be a driving force in the league one day. Reasons not to draft me… because I’m a defensemen and you have a lot of those? Hmm (Realistically, because you may not have the chance to without trading for a higher pick, and making such a trade is pretty unfeasible for you right now?)

9 (but I don’t think there’s any teams I’d rank at a 10, so don’t feel bad Wink )

I’ve gotten pretty close with prettyburn!

Short term goals, score more points next year.
Long term goals, become one of the best at my position.

Open to either but I would not be much use to anyone in the SHL right now. I need more time to develop if I'm being honest.

I prefer the close-knit group. If I'm on the third line, or even the fourth, it just motivates me to get better. Winning is fun but if I'm surrounded by a bunch of boring people who don't care about the game, it is less enjoyable.

Shy but interested.

I found out through reddit, bottas posted a thread back in December. I was hooked after a few days. My favorite part is the depth.

Win a Four Star Cup with Montreal is something I want to do.
So far, I have been pretty down the line. Nothing flashy but I did have a good run in the middle of the season. I led the rookies in hits on my team but that number will go down. I have focused on other aspects of my game lately.

Not much will drop my activity level except for a power outage. I want to be more active.

When I'm not here I'm in one of ten other games (KSP, Overwatch, some others), playing with my kids, watching hockey, or something random. I'm a Caps fan. Got into the sport because I was sick of football and the over-officiating that you see today.

You should draft me because I am dedicated and my activity level is fairly high. I'm a safe bet. I will only get better and have no intention of dropping off in terms of activity.
Why shouldn't you? I have a big mouth sometimes and can be a bit of an ass. But this is hockey.

It will be a 10 wherever I go.

Just Eggy

Where are the bodies?

Nope. I'm good.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

My long term goals for my player are to make the SHL and win the Challenge Cup. Short Term I just wanna get the Mammoths into the playoffs and make a run at the four star cup.

I'm open to either tbh. Considering the talent on the Wolfpacks roster I'd probably be in the juniors a couple seasons and thats not an issue.

A close knit and active one. Thats the basis for winning and if a team has that the wins will come. Than I'd probably wanna take a few seasons to climb the ranks. It shows that the team already has good depth and actives on the roster. Honestly I just wanna play on a team that has at least a few chill active people.

4. What's your locker room personality? Are you a natural leader? Shy but interested? Always in the middle of a gif war? In real life I'm more of a leader but I guess for the locker room until I got more comfortable I'd be closer to shy but interested. Don't ever question my gif abilities though.

I saw it on reddit hockey almost two months ago. My favorite part of the site is the people. Alot of people are just so willing to help and friendly. It's also crazy how it works. Everyone taking a job and just doing there part to keep it running smoothly.

I'm hoping to make the SMJHL playoffs atleast once before I get called up, but if I don't I won't be torn up over it. In my SMJHL career I'm most proud of my first goal. It was an empty netter, absolutely lethal.

I'm on the site everyday. I may only post twice a day but I'm definitely checking up on the site. The only thing that could drop my activity level is exams, but that isn't for a few months.

When I'm not on the SHL I'm either doing work or I'm out. I got into hockey at a young age probably cause I'm Canadian.

You should draft me because I'd be a good prospect and a nice locker room addition. You shouldn't because I'm Canadian and I'm starting to hate bacon.

10, you guys are a winning franchise with good people on the team.

Akamai's my gm in juniors.

What type of shampoo do you use on that luscious set of hair you've got there?

None that I can think of.
Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack