Create Account

Offseason - VHL/SHL

Just like GoB asked where can we trim some fat away?
Here is the schedule again which was posted on the 25th.
Shl

You may now retire and keep your player for S33

Sunday January 29th
S33 SHL Entry Draft @ 8pm EST

Monday January 30th
Training Camp opens in Buffalo
UFA Discussions open @ 12:00pm EST

Tuesday January 31st
UFA Signings open @ 12:00pm EST

Monday, February 6th, 2016
Regression Deadline
File Work

Friday, February 10th, 2016 - Sunday, February 12th 2016
SHL Pre-Season

We could definitely cut the regression deadline shorter to 1 week from when the post was made since that would still include 1 weekend. So the regression deadline would have been today. So file work could be started which let's say we give that person some time so they have to be done in 3 days (I personally updated my SHL testsim which was a playoff round 1 file in 6 hours) . So now we are at Saturday the 4th and could start the preseason on the next Monday which would be the 6th .

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

I could finish up file work today if everything was submitted by now.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Feb 1 2017, 09:40 AM

The difference between a 22 day and a 26 day season to the players would be negligible - but it'd provide a respite for a weary simmer. If you even timed it such that the season ends on, say, a Thursday and playoffs start that Monday to cut time off there, things could be streamlined that much more.

The rate limiting step is defined by how much time people are given to complete things, honestly. People are going to be as slow with deliverables as time allows. An edict has to come from the head office, along with consequences, to get things done faster; just part of the human condition / "it's a game" issue.

I agree - and to the players who will be missing the playoffs, this would probably be preferable, since at least it's something to look at for a few extra days instead of dead air for a few extra days.

As for your 2nd paragraph, I'm all in favor of that. I know scheduling the draft can be complicated, but teams should be able to find an internal proxy GM and put together their draft list ahead of time if neither GM can make it. Or just send it to a commish to act as their proxy.

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Feb 1 2017, 09:45 AM
I could finish up file work today if everything was submitted by now.

Based on this and <a href='index.php?showuser=2285' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>Tomen</a> post above, it sounds like the biggest delay is [still] on the GM side.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1730' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Durden</a> - what are the repercussions in the GOMHL for GMs who don't get their stuff done in time? Are there different punishments depending on the item? You mentioned ineligible players, so I assume that's for players who aren't properly regressed in time. Is there a GM Gets Fired rule if it happens twice or something?

To be fair, free agency just started yesterday so the GMs have to wait for stragglers in free agency before knowing what their rosters and lines will look like.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Feb 1 2017, 09:53 AM
To be fair, free agency just started yesterday so the GMs have to wait for stragglers in free agency before knowing what their rosters and lines will look like.

Is there any reason why UFA discussions couldn't start on Draft Day? Or even before draft day? Actual signings would be after the draft, but a day of discussions can get pushed earlier.

Maybe y'all crazy fuckers should stop handling a metric fuckton of data through forum posts and manual inputs and instead switch the TPE award and expenditure system over to a network of spreadsheets which could then literally automatically feed an xml sheet that STHS will happily take and immediately process in the tiniest fraction of time so we don't need to call in a small businesses worth of volunteers to blow every sunday they've ever had keeping the league alive.

Oh wait, I already suggested this and the simmer told me to "stop suggesting shit just so I can seem smart". Goal

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Feb 1 2017, 09:56 AM
Maybe y'all crazy fuckers should stop handling a metric fuckton of data through forum posts and manual inputs and instead switch the TPE award and expenditure system over to a network of spreadsheets which could then literally automatically feed an xml sheet that STHS will happily take and immediately process in the tiniest fraction of time so we don't need to call in a small businesses worth of volunteers to blow every sunday they've ever had keeping the league alive.

Oh wait, I already suggested this and the simmer told me to "stop suggesting shit just so I can seem smart". Goal

Quiet, squirrel. Ninja

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Feb 2 2017, 01:27 AM

Quiet, squirrel.&nbsp; Ninja
<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7iBBhjJuQs"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7iBBhjJuQs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Feb 1 2017, 09:59 AM

To be serious, why are we not using spreadsheets and XML files on this?

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Feb 1 2017, 04:00 PM

I think <a href='index.php?showuser=2271' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>Avakael</a> and I talked about this before. We would need spreadsheets which track every input made and when that input was made and by whom so we can check if something went wrong and what exactly went wrong(RE. Seattle S31 regression). Also these inputs should only be done by authorized people.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Feb 1 2017, 08:56 AM

Although it took me some time to run through that fucking serious run on sentence, I like it.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by Tomen@Feb 1 2017, 10:04 AM

I think <a href='index.php?showuser=2271' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>Avakael</a> and I talked about this before. We would need spreadsheets which track every input made and when that input was made and by whom so we can check if something went wrong and what exactly went wrong(RE. Seattle S31 regression). Also these inputs should only be done by authorized people.

Yeah, it would have to be password protected for sure, but it really wouldn't be all the different than what currently happens. The updaters can still update the teams, dump the info in one place, and then two people, one for each conference, compile that into the spreadsheet.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Feb 2 2017, 01:30 AM

In fairness, it'd be a significant project to set up, and it's hard to sell the idea without a working model. Even trying to figure out an excel formula to turn applied TPE to a scaled number winds up being a nested IF statement from hell { =IF("weakness" = "specified skill",(40+IF(TPE>100,(30+(TPE-100)*(1/12)),IF(TPE>40,(20+(TPE-40)*(1/6)),(TPE*(1/2))))),(40+IF(TPE>160,(50+(TPE-160)*(1/12)),IF(TPE>80,(40+(TPE-80)*(1/8)),IF(TPE>40,(30+(TPE-40)*(1/4)),IF(TPE>20,(20+(TPE-20)*(1/2)),(TPE*(1/1)))))))) }. Then you have to ask how much you want the sheets to be able to handle- the more you ask of it, the more it'll need back; such as who gets to feed it with data (update staff equivalents). If you wanted to make the update staff equivalents job easier- for example, having the sheets keep track of all the TPE any player has available to spend, then someone has to enter that data too.

This is the most cordial "hurry the fuck up its offseason" thread I've ever seen.

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]