Create Account

Doubt Surrounds Gauthier's Future Raiders centre out of contract again

<center>

[Image: NathanMacKinnon_1414728039152_9395540_ve...40_480.jpg]

After what has certainly been his strongest showing both in terms of development and performance, Raiders centre Brandon Gauthier once again finds himself in a position of uncertainty as he enters another long offseason. Fresh off another second round playoff exit, this time courtesy of the Montreal Militia, Gauthier cut a dejected figure at the Raider's annual end of season media day. After a sparkling 49 point regular season, Gauthier only managed to amass 2 points in 5 games against the Militia in what was a disappointing way to end the season.

Beyond this however, Gauthier finds himself in an all too familiar position, and one he had hoped to avoid at the start of the season; approaching an offseason without an SHL contract to his name. When asked about his current situation Brandon was rueful and surprisingly honest. "It's the last thing I wanted to happen when this season started, to be ending it without at least next season's future in place so it's a little upsetting to find myself in this situation now we've finished here. I definitely did as much as I could this season out there on the ice and I feel like my game has come on leaps and bounds, so I was hopeful we would have something tied up by the end of the regular season". When asked if there had been an initial offer from the team he's currently under contract to, the LA Panthers about a contract next season, Brandon again made the revelation that it seemed to be radio silence around the situation. "Honestly, there's not an offer on the table at this point but I know this sport is a business first and I can't hold any resentment to how it works. Their concern is winning and being a successful team and if I don't fit into their plans for the future then it's a shame for me, but they have the right to run the team how the want to and that's what they'll do. I can't speak highly enough of the GMs in LA and it's been amazing to play in their organization for this season, I feel like I've learnt a lot from them and I hope both sides move away happy going forward".

Brandon is certainly an extraordinary case when it comes to longevity of his time with SHL teams. Since being drafted less than two seasons ago, he's found himself in three different SHL teams prospect pools, and is still yet to play a game for any of them. Concerning what his plan for the offseason was, Brandon was pragmatic; "I think a lot of it is continuing on the development curve I started this season, heading towards being the kind of player I know I can be and making an impact in the SHL as soon as possible. A lot of it will be talking with my agent and trying to find a contract for me from an SHL team once the market opens so I can come back to Halifax for my last season next year and look to elevate my game ready to play in the big leagues. I feel like I have a lot to offer any SHL organization and hopefully I've shown that this season".

After a season full of ups and downs for Brandon Gauthier, a lot of questions surround his future. It will be a credit to the young player if he can keep his head clear of these and keep his focus on developing his game as much as possible over the intervening period, and coming back to the SMJHL for his final season as the best player he can be.

As always, this article is open to further questions, please ask away!

Code:
640 words.

</center>

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

Aggrieved

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

stick with us Panthers

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

I hear that Wally can smell trade opportunities by sniffing through his USB ports.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Zoone16@Mar 21 2017, 02:11 PM
I hear that Wally can smell trade opportunities by sniffing through his USB ports.

Hahahaha so...

[Image: Wally.png]

It was unfortunate what happened in Toronto. We simply thought you were inactive and needed to resign new prospects. Do you potentially see a return to the team that traded for you?

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Stay in the sunny LA, future is bright Wink

:wub: you

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]