Create Account

S33 Championship Week

TASK THREE
Who is your MVP candidate for these playoffs and why? Must be 150 words and have 3 stats minimum.

Maino Malkinen went above and beyond the expectations for the New England Wolf Pack. the leader of the both assists with 15 and goals with 10 means that they are going to win the award for playoff MVP and award for just being a overall boss. He was leading scorer in the playoffs of course. the reason is because the team is stacked sop he can just get tons of tap in goals with no effort. also a bunch of coin tosses by STHS gave the player a firm handshake and a smile. the dice rolling in the game made it so that he got 25 points. hopefully next season the pack just miss the playoffs so I don't have to type such a lame Championship Week. honestly a very lame question in the end because everyone is just going to say maino malkinen because well why would they not? he had like 6 points above everyone else. in conclusion maino malkinen is not a candidate but the winner of MVP for the playoffs. get a better question next time because there is no reason to read the rest of this because I am taking shots at you because this question was quit honestly bland and predicable and 100 other people will just say the same thing. oh yea I need one more stat. the stacked line made it so he was +10. stacked team equals playoff mvp the end good night and thank you. 250 words

TASK FIVE
Write an intermission interview with your player. Minimum three questions, must be 150 words.

Interviewer: will you win the cup in the next 5 seasons?

D: Of course I think we are going to win the cup in the next 5 seasons but it is always a hope. we have to perform as a team and we have taken strides to get here in the second round. I would have never performed as well as I have with out my team mates and my determination in the off season during training. I am getting older now and training in the off season is the only wait I will peak and stay at my peak for few seasons to come and until the end of my career.

Interviewer: how was scoring the OT goal to send you old team home? take us through your emotions.

D: I was very excited of course but that is because it was my old team and looking at the bench at the very frustrated team especially because it was me topping the shelf on their star goaltender matthew lewis flood. it was a sweet victory for sure and I was happy it could be me to end their playoff hopes

Interviewer: have any plans when your contract ends?

D: Well it depends on a few factors. Will I still be able to put up the numbers to earn another contract. Will I have won a cup by the time it ends. Am I still in the plans for the future of the north stars. S37 is a long time from now so it will be interesting to see what happeneds in the next few seasons of course. maybe I stay maybe I part ways only the future will telll.

Interviewer: thanks for your time

285 words

TASK SEVEN
Write 150 words on the highlight of your season, whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

The highlight of my season was once again hitting the 20 goal mark for the second time in 2 straight seasons. I also got another hat trick this season which is very rare among todays SHL. I also helped the north stars make the playoffs once again after being on hiatus for a bit. we were oh so close to making the finals. I also scored the OT goal that sent the north stars to the second round oh was it a sweet victory for me because I scored it against my old team the West Kendall Platoon. I left that team because I saw my potential drop by the masses. it was never I was bad I was just never used to my full capability and it is one of the things that you have to be aware when joining the WKP your player is not going to perform as well as you may hope. some seasons you get lucky but then it drops. I also hit the 15 assist mark as well for the second time in 2 seasons for 40 points on dot once again which is pretty good in my opinion. 195 words

TASK EIGHT
Take one Cup final team and talk about the steps they took to make the playoffs. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.[/CODE]

The New England wolf pack made the the finals by luck there was no FA signing or trade that made a difference.they already had a stacked team and the rock paper scissors machine AKA STHS flipped the coin 3 times in a row in their favor. there is no making sense of how they can come back instantly being down 3 to 1 especially when they could not score whatsoever and then all of a sudden the coin flipping machine STHS decided they were amazing and gave them a free under the table handy wack whule everyone has to watch the same team win the cup due to some sort of tampering and some sort of coin flipping dice roll of luck we call STHS their MVP players is their whole roster because everyone and their mother signed there even their grandmother signed there. and in conclusion that is why they won the cup. stacked team and coin flipping dice roll of a simulator STHS. 160 words

Code:
TASK THREE
Who is your MVP candidate for these playoffs and why? Must be 150 words and have 3 stats minimum.

Normally I don’t like to go with the obvious pick. I usually try to find someone that is a bit overlooked. Not this time. My playoff MVP is New England’s Mainio Makinen. The Finnish forward, forced into the center position this season, had an outstanding run in the playoffs. And not just because he was on the cup winning team. The maniac led all players in goals, assists, and points. 10, 15, and 25, respectively. He also finished 2nd in face off, which is particularly impressive, since he started his career as a winger. And for the last of the stats, he finished third in +/- with a +10, the only two players above him were also on the Wolfpack. New England had a +9 goal differential in the playoffs, you take Makinen’s 10 away, and this team probably doesn’t win the cup. All this, but mostly the points, will make Makinen the popular choice for playoff MVP, and my choice as well.

Code:
TASK FIVE
Write an intermission interview with your player. Minimum three questions, must be 150 words.

Interview Hi Jonathan. It was a close first period. What do you need to do to break the draw?
We need to keep playing our game. Force the puck deep in their zone, keep putting pressure on them. Maintain the intensity on the forecheck. If we do those things we should be able to find the back of the net.

Interview Lots of physical play out there, is that going to continue?
Yeah, I don’t think that will change. That’s one of the things we really pride ourselves of here, grinding physical play. It’s definitely my signature on the ice. I like to get in there and make the other team feel uncomfortable every shift I’m out there.

Interview Any changes next period?
That’ll be up to Coach Tanner. I think we’ll probably move some people around, try to take advantage of some matchups. I don’t think we’ll see any major changes though.

Interview Thanks Jonathan.
Thank you.

Code:
TASK SEVEN
Write 150 words on the highlight of your season, whether it be your first goal, your first hat trick, first shutout, clinching playoffs, getting a career high in something, etc. Must be hockey related.

Jonathan Lundberg’s highlight of S33 would be his first game with his new team. He’s had a lot of new teams, and each time the first game with them is exciting. This season was no different. Portland had their first game of the season at home against the Los Angeles Panthers. Expectations were still quite low for Portland, while LA was expected to have another strong season.

The game was closer than most would expect. LA scored twice in the second half of the first period. Lundberg brought Portland back within one in the closing minutes of the period. The second period was much the same, LA scored two more, and Lundberg added another for Portland. The Admirals would tie it up in the third off two goals from Beau Bent, one in the first minute, one in the last minute. The game went to a shootout, and a goal by Banananov and Ausmeisters gave the Admirals the win. Lundberg would be named the first star of the game for his two-goal performance.

Code:
TASK EIGHT
Take one Cup final team and talk about the steps they took to make the playoffs. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

Both finals teams have fairly similar formulas for success. They both do well to bring in and develop talent in the draft. Developing these players and allowing them to progress naturally through the depth chart. Developing depth like this ensures your team will not be hurt too badly as your best players age, but it also helps to generate scoring outside of the top 6.

In S30, and to a lesser extent S31, New England’s cup wins were in part attributed to trades and free agent acquisitions. This season, however, New England didn’t make any significant additions in free agency of through trades. Most of the players on their roster have been there for a while, either by draft, or past trades. These players have been developing, providing the Wolfpack with excellent depth, particularly at forward. Having players able to generate points from the third line, like center Mikael Talo, is extremely valuable. Finding depth scoring is extremely important if you want to succeed deep in the playoffs.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

1)
[Image: Screen_Shot_2017-04-01_at_2.16.05_PM.png]

[Image: Wally.png]

Task One:
[Image: Towels_Rally_Devils.png]

Task Six:
[Image: b268b16dc4.png]

[Image: HansSHL.gif]

TASK THREE

My MVP candidate for these playoffs is somewhat of a no-brainer choice. Obviously you can make the argument that New England has a really good balanced and deep roster I think there has been one player that really stood out. In my eyes this player is Mainio Mäkinen. The finnish star scored an amazing 25 points in these playoffs which is 1st the next player "only" scored 19 points and that was linemate Raven Silverwing. Mäkinen also scored the most goals in these playoffs with 10 which is 16% of all of New Englands goals in these playoffs. Mäkinen also led the league in assists with 15 showing that the finnish sniper was also capable of distributing the puck between teammates. Mäkinen also had a face-off percentage of 55,70% which also underlines the dominant performance this player had in the season 22 playoffs. All in all no other player showed such an impressive performance in these playoffs like Mäkinen and was a huge reason that the Wolfpack won the S33 Challenge Cup.

TASK FIVE

This is an interview between the 2nd and 3rd period of game 4 in the series between the Stampede and the Wolfpack.
Interview Eduard ,the last period went without a goal and you are currently leading the game 3 to 1 against the Wolfpack, what do you guys need to do to get the 2nd W in Stampede playoffs history?
Selich: It's fairly simple in my mind what we need to do and that is to play solid defense. Don't forget our defensive assignment that our coach taught us in the practices leading up to this game. Our confidence is fairly high considering that we just won against the Pack the last game.
Interview Eduard, please describe what the feeling is today to play infront of your fans?
Selich: Well it is pretty amazing I actually can't really describe it. The crowd definitely help to elevate our game. The crowd is really pump and this energy definitely transfer also helps us players. The fans are really grateful that we are the first expansion team to make the playoffs and that the city of Buffalo can finally be more proud of us. We just hope to turn around the image that the Stampede has around the league.
Interview Eduard for my final question I just wanted to ask you how far you can go in the playoffs?
Selich: I mean we are the pretty clear underdog. We just robbed the Rage of their playoffs spot and have to play against the Presidents Trophy winning team. But then again the Rage showed us last season that you can beat the favorite and we will try everything to make that happen. All in all though I wouldn't be devastated if we lose this series since this season was a huge win for us just even getting into the playoffs and to not get swept.

TASK SEVEN

This season had a lot of highlights for Eduard Selich to be honest. The biggest by far would be clinching the playoffs for the first time in Buffalo Stampede history. We just barely got into the spot by beating the Manhattan Rage in the final 2 games of the regular season and ultimately got the playoffs spot because we won the tiebreaker against them. The other big highlight for Eduard Selich this season was his first ever career hat trick. Actually fairly funny this also happened against the Manhattan Rage. It happened in the 2nd time that both teams faced each other. The game ended with a 4 to 2 win for the Stampede. I sadly wasn't a natural hat trick but that's okay. I was able to score the first goal of the game 4 minutes into it by getting the puck fed by my gorgeous Center Steven Stamkos Jr. and sniped it past Jason Aittokallio. The last 2 goals all happened in the last period of the game. The score was tied at 2 each. In a timespan of 4 minutes I was able to score 2 goals which game me the hat trick and the most important thing: The win for Buffalo.

TASK EIGHT
Take one Cup final team and talk about the steps they took to make the playoffs. Was it a free agent signing, or an MVP player, or trades, etc. Must be 150 words.

I would say that the most important steps for the success of the Wolfpack definitely was their smart drafting and creating an atmosphere of winning and fun in the locker room. These two key things atmosphere and fun are ultimately what make them so successful and ultimately a dynasty. First of all their management makes an outstanding job acquiring draft picks and selecting the best players for their system. The players just like the franchise so much that they are willing to take some pay cuts in order to stay with the team for a longer period of time and ultimately be this monster of a franchise. The player that was a nice addition to their lineup this season was rookie Toivo Kosonen another of these highly successful draft picks by the Wolfpack as well as physical winger Jason Forbrook who isn't quite the top prospect like Kosonen but still a nice complementary piece to the roster.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote:TASK THREE

A playoff MVP is not in Webster’s Dictionary so it’s not easily definable, and the decision to crown a playoff MVP is not easily defined either. The talent of these S33 playoffs brims to the top. But for my selection, I believe we have to look at the doorstops for both teams – the goalies. My vote is to have Mikke Laukanen be this season’s playoff MVP.

Laukanen rocked the playoffs and had the best goalie record out of any and all netminders. Luakkanen won 11 of 17 games (11-5-1) to lead the Wolfpack to their 3rd cup in… a couple seasons. Through this final series against the Calgary Dragons, both Wong and Laukkanen had similar saves per game. In fact, by the end of the series, both goal tenders had madde the same amount of saves – 176. The edge in save percentage went to Laukkanen (0.917) who let 7 less goals in than Wong (0.884) (16 v. 23).

Advantage of GAAs between goalies also went to Laukkanen who kept his a low 2.50 over the series while Wong suffered from a higher 3.60. Wong had a tough time because the Wolfpack never let up – consistently scoring 4-5 goals per game against him.

Code:
202 words

Quote:TASK FIVE

InterviewReporter: Thanks for joining us, Mr. Rivet. What did you think about the first stanza of Game 6 here in Calgary?

Rivet: How did you get in my house? Don’t you know the Admirals were eliminated from contention, like… years ago? Why are you asking me about the Calgary game?

InterviewReporter: Interesting take. How do you feel about the series on a whole?[/b]

Rivet: Like, I’m serious. You guys shouldn’t be here. I have a family here. I have to pick my daughters up from ballet right now. You’re in the doorway. Surely there are better interviews that can be done at the actual arena.

InterviewReporter: Don’t be silly! What do you think of the Dragon’s chances tonight?

Rivet: Well, I only saw a bit of the game, because now I must go pick my DAUGHTERS up. But from what I saw, it looks like Calgary isn’t done with the series. Both teams are playing hard. Can you please get out of my way so I can drive to get my kids?

InterviewReporter: Of course! Thank you for your time, Mr. Rivet. Good luck in the playoffs!

Rivet: Seriously, we’re eliminated. Ass.

Code:
190 words

Quote:TASK SEVEN

The highlight of this season – and likely my career - would have to be being named Captain to the SHL team that drafted me. It was sincerely one of the greatest things that I’ve had happen to me here. I really appreciate all the work and effort our GMs have done for the organization. So, here’s a shout out to Wally and Hazard. Y’all the real gods around here.

It was also a bit of somber moment as JP was on the way out of the team and some heads were thinking that he should’ve been held onto as captain, but these are the way of things, sometimes. I appreciate everything JP did for the team, too. He drafted me and is truly my daddy.

Unfortunately we didn’t make our way into the playoffs this year, but the future is looking great with a couple great acquisitions over the off-season and before the trade deadline. I’m looking forward to growing with the team!

Go seamen!

:admirals:

Code:
160 words

Quote:TASK EIGHT

The story and history of the Wolfpack is one that will forever go down in the record books – and not just because we keep track of that shit on this site. For the past seasons, their crew – both on and off ice - have garnered more and more activity, bringing in passionate and fervent(I don’t know what that word means, but I will use it) players.

And now, the Wolfpack have the most TPE in the SHL for two seasons running.

They also are home to many of the league’s best players – veterans like Patrikov Bure, Benjamin Reid, Nathan Russell, Earnest Ciarelli, Jasper Clayton, and a new fearsome force with up-and-comers like Mikael Talo, Mainio Mäkinen, and Raven Silverwing.

Once again, though, I think the MVP of the playoffs, Mikke Laukkanen, is the real reason for this team’s success. He’s proved time and time again that he can dance with the big dogs as well as the young pups. The future will always look bright for the Wolfpack.

Code:
163 words

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

TASK THREE

Code:
There can only be one answer to the question of playoff MVP this season. Mainio Makinen had an excellent playoff run on his way to his third cup in four years, picking up twenty five points in eighteen games. His crowning moment was in game two against the Dragons, where his hat trick gave the Wolfpack their first win of the series and propelled them to winning in just six games. What's all the more impressive is that just five of those points were on the power play, and those points plus an assist on a shorthanded goal still leaves him at over a point per game these playoffs. He led all teams with eighty two shots on goal in those eighteen games, and in addition to putting up points, he was strong defensively, finishing the playoffs with a +10 rating (third only to Wolfpack teammates Tim Buckner (+17) and Raven Silverwing (+14).

TASK FIVE

Code:
Bill Kidd: We're here between the benches during this timeout with Wolfpack starting goaltender Mikke Laukkanen, Mikke, how do you feel about the game so far?

Mikke: It's good. I feel like we're generating a lot of, uh, energy, getting a lot of shots. Calgary's a good team, has lots of strong defence, but I think we're doing a good job. Obviously we'd like to have another goal by now, but [shrug]

Bill: That save you made at the end of the first period, the two on oh, how big does that look now, with the Wolfpack down by one going into the third?

Mikke: Massive. It's huge. There's a lot of game left, we're down by one. We have a lot of guys that can score, I just have to keep helping out my defence as much as I can.

Bill: Any teammate in particular stand out?

Mikke: Buckner, for sure. He's got the wheels going tonight, he's looking for a goal.

Bill: Thanks Mikke.

Mikke: Thanks Bill [skates off]

Bill: Back to the studio.

TASK SEVEN

Code:
I have two Cup rings sitting at home, in a display case, along with my jersey, a stick, the puck from my first SHL win. I treasure them deeply, but the one I'm going to get from this season is special, because it's my first ring as a starter. I'm always going to be grateful for the experience my first two seasons in the SHL, getting to learn from such a great goalie as [Jakob] Tanner [now head coach of the Portland Admirals], and the feeling of being in a Challenge Cup winning locker room is absolutely indescribable. There's nothing quite like being on the ice when the buzzer goes, though, watching all your teammates come flooding onto the ice towards you. It was really awesome. Something I'll remember forever.

TASK EIGHT

Code:
The Wolfpack have made the playoffs for four straight years, and have three Cups in that time span. This, however is the first time that they've done it without adding any significant pieces. Free agent Matthias Holmberg signed with them at the start of S32, and solidified a slightly shaky D-corps, but for the most part, the Wolfpack's talent has all been the same thing: home grown. Their top defensive pairing of Landvik and Clayton are both Wolfpack draft picks, as are two thirds of their top line, Dieter Dominique and Raven Silverwing. Wolfpack veterans Nathan Russell and Earnest Ciarelli (on his second tour with the Wolfpack after leaving in Free Agency in S30, just before the first Cup win in seven seasons for New England) are both products of the Wolfpack system, and so is starting goaltender Mikke Laukkanen, now in his fourth season with the Wolfpack. Wolfpack GM Rainbow Dash has a reputation for being trigger happy with trades, but she rarely trades for players, preferring to move picks, and this Cup win more than any others showed the SHL that the Wolfpack's real strength comes from seasons of strong drafting.

[Image: 57817_s.gif]

task 3
Unfortunately, because of how the playoffs MVP works (winner votes on best player), the real best player of the s33 playoffs will not be rewarded. Kristian Eriksson put up a ridiculous 17 points in only 2 rounds and definitely deserves to be up there over whoever will win. This also stops us from getting a goaltender as an MVP, because while Wong has been absolutely elite, he is not on the winning team. That leaves only one candidate.
Mainio Makinnen. Leads the league in probably the 4 most important categories in a debate about who is better, those categories being shots, points, goals, and even assists. Mainio has also been incredible from the faceoff dot in these finals for the New England wolfpack, putting up a 2nd best in the league faceoff percentage. and has also been 2nd in P/20, leaving no other possible choice for MVP for the new england wolfpack.
task 5
Hello Ben Waters, how does it feel to be having your first interview with HNN studios?
I mean, Mark, it's absolutely an incredible experience being here and talking to the best and most honest reporters that this city and even arguably this world has to offer.
My name is Max.
Max is a stupid name, your name is now Mark.
Uh, ok, so do you think the Steelhawks will be able to make the playoffs next season with everyone improving a notch?
I mean we coulda made it this season and we're going to be so much better next season so yes i think we definitely will be making it Max, great question as always.
I thought you said my name was Mark.
pick a goddamn name, Mike.
What expectations have you set for yourself this upcoming season?
You know, play good hockey, shoot the puck, pass the puck, put it in the net, grind the boards, you know how it is Michaelangelo.
You're a goalie though.
That's it Mack, i'm done with this interview.
Task 7
my highlight of the season? I mean come on, why is that even a question. I remember precisely. That night, cold night, where we played the Buffalo Shitpede. Eduard Selich, the man himself, skating, taking a gander around my crease. I don't take any shit around my crease, you understand me. So I take a goddamn swipe at his legs. That's when you know Selich is done for his life. Both his kneecaps broke, he had to get spinal reconstruction surgery, it was an absolutely incredible moment for me personally. I didn't even get penalized. That will teach any shitpede players to ever touch my crease again with their skates, lest they are smitten by the goaltending Jesus, Ben Waters. Of course, in the SHL you can't get injured so any record of this happening is completely gone and so there is no evidence to this highlight. Except for the mind.
Task 8
The new england wolfpack are famed for building through the draft. I mean seriously, it's kind of ridiculous. This team is like the Golden state warriors of the SHL. A large majority of their elite players are drafted. Makinen. Talo. Laukkanen. The ability of the general managers of this team to find solid talent draft after draft, and be able to create friendships and chemistry between their players is so incredible that I kind of wish I was in the wolfpack's mind to see it for myself. I can't really speak for what they've done this season, because their success didn't start with any acquisitions this season. But analyzing both the Dragons and the Wolfpack, it's obvious that the best way to build a team is to draft players that you know will give you the commitment your team needs from them, and to create a community around them that will keep them coming back for more. That's what the steelhawks have hoped to do, so we will see how it works.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page