Create Account

S35 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospects Thread

<center>[Image: 2efkc9h.png]
Halifax Raiders Interested Prospects Thread (S35)

Hey prospects!! Interested in joining the Halifax Raiders? Just fill out this quick questionnaire and let us know a little more about you.

But before we get to know you, we'll tell you a little bit about our organization. The Raiders are coming off a somewhat expected down season. It was expected mostly because many of our veterans moved up to the SHL prior to and during the season. Despite a poor S34, Halifax has still been one of the best teams in the league over the past 5 seasons. In S30, we won the Four Star Cup for the second time in franchise history (the most among S25 expansion teams). In S31, we made it all the way back to the Finals, but lost to the Kelowna Knights. And in S32 and S33, we won the President's Trophy, and lost in the Eastern Conference Finals. But enough about us, we'd love to learn more about you. Just answer these simple questions:

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position?

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you?

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class?

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?

5. What are your goals for your player?

6. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season?

7. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room?

8. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself.

Thank you so much guys, and I'm sure we'll be in touch with many of you as draft day approaches! Smile

raiders #RaiderNation raiders </center>

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Mathias Victorsson LW

A winning culture.

Team first attitude?

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?
Yes

Win the championship.

Not as important as being a part of the best team.

A bit of both. Winning with no one to celebrate with isn't very fun.

I'm a cool guy.

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position?: Clint Eastwood, Defenseman

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you? I want a team with a good locker room to be around. No cocky people or smartasses in the locker room (despite that I have heard nothing bad about this team). The condition of the team as whether it'll make the playoffs or not doesn't matter to me because of two reasons. 1) I'll be on the team for a while, so it'll most likely become better as time goes on. 2) I rather be apart of a good team, then be on a good team. In other words, I rather be a reason for the turn around than just jump on the bandwagon.

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class? I'm the best damn player (joke). Alright, my playstyle is a big hitting defensive defenseman. I like to shut down teams' top guys, and once I get enough TPE in endurance, be able to kill of penalties. Think of Johnny Boychuk without including the slapshot.

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with? I actually prefer that so yes.

5. What are your goals for your player? My goals for my player are to do simple things. Just stay a + player and as I said, kill penalties, shut down top players,
lay the boom, and hell, maybe even drop the gloves (if you want me to rank up my fighting for TPE, let me know).

6. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? For my rookie season, that's sort of where you think I should play. You know the system better than me,
so you can put me wherever for my rookie season. As I will stay on the team more than that season more than likely, I would like upgrades as time progressed.

7. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room? Well then, I explained up above in question two, I rather a kind and active locker room.

8. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself: I have a few to share if you don't mind. One is that Samee recruited me, as we've known each other before I even knew this site existed. However, don't worry, I won't send a trade request. I'm a Bruins fan so back when it was Boston vs. Ottawa, game 5 and Sean Kuraly scored the GWG,
I was so excited, I started banging on things and I faceplanted and got a bloody nose.
I hate Science. Last, but not least, I like going into the Senators discord and start shit talking them. They know it's good fun, so I only get muted once a day.

Damn: http://prntscr.com/fbrlik

~Clint Eastwood

Ted Glass, Defenseman

A good organization and a positive locker room, leadership that expects growth.

I'm a good team player and a positive locker room presence. I'm a patient player and don't expect all-star performance in my first season.

Sure, fine by me.

Develop into a mainstay on the blueline, a player to be depended on in clutch situations.

As important as my coaches think ice time is to my development.

An active, positive locker room is more important to me.

I play hockey in real life too, just not nearly as well lol.

in sig
Happy environment
Experience
no im flabbergasted and outraged
be above average
dont care
active lr
im black

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Karl Hefeweizen, D

Help with my build, and a fun atmosphere with folks I look forward to playing with/against as my player grows up

I put in a bit of time in VHL years ago and had a ball with it but had to leave for personal reasons. I work from home and have a flexible schedule and a lot of free time.

Yep, I'm blowin that shit up already

I'd like to contribute to a top-performing offense that relies on puck moving dmen

Obviously we'd all like to play, but I don't mind playing less if the coach can tell me what's holding me back and what I can focus on to earn more time

I'd rather have a fun team that loses than boring team that wins.

I'm a Pens fan living in Caps country and went to every Round 2 game in a Kessel jersey.

Coren Volden, LH Hybrid Goalie.

A place to train myself the best i can, as well as a place to learn how to do this (never done a Sim league before)

I'm calm, i'm focused, i'm willing try do whatever system you guys need me to do. Plus i can add in a little musicality to the team.

I am already in 3 discords related to this (Draft, Main and National team)

To become the supporting pillar of the group, by being a brick wall in the net.

As long as i get enough to know where i need to improve, that is more that good for me.

Building bonds that i can trust is important to me as a goalie. Since if I they they have my back, I can support them even better.

I can play the Trumpet, Saxophone and the Flute.

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position? Finn Jakobsen, LW

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you? I'm looking for a good group of guys that I can learn a lot from.

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class? I'm a part of the advanced statistics community ^^. Unlike some forwards, my strengths lie in playing a defensive game. I'm hoping i'll have the opportunity to both generate offense AND be a part of a lock-down defense.

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with? Absolutely! I've already joined the S36, SHL and Norwegian teams' discord.

5. What are your goals for your player? I'm looking to create a solid two-way/defensive forward. If that means I play 5 seasons in the SMJHL that's fine with me!

6. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? As long as I'm improving and growing as a player, the amount of playing time I get doesn't mean anything to me. If i have to be benched in order for the team to win, then that's what needs to be done.

7. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room?Active locker room.

8. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. I like certain numbers based on their shape/sharpness.

Lukas Müller

Support and playing time in a good team atmosphere.

Activity levels in discord. I'm there every day, most hours of the day.

This suits me very well.

To become a great TWD. Shut-down and scoring are my two main objectives.

Rather important, obviously. It wouldn't make me quit the team if I didn't play, but who wants to ride the bench?

Active locker room with teammates I care for/about.

I am an ordained minister.

[Image: dannymethane.gif]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: S7jeR9I.png]

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position? Roman Augustus - Defense

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you? To be willing to work with me to become as good as I can for their team.

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class? My willingness to be a team player and put the team before myself.

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with? very much so.

5. What are your goals for your player? To be a solid two way defenseman who contributes on both sides of the ice.

6. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? Somewhat important so I can learn more of the ropes. But the team comes first no matter what and I accept the role I'm given.

7. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room? I believe the team comes first no matter what but I still would like to contribute to a friendly and fun locker room.

8. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. My playoff beard is to Amish levels and the stress from the postseason is giving me gray hairs in my late 20's.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Oliver König, Defense.

Community. Winning is cool too, I guess.

my dank memes

100% ok with that. I'm on discord a lot already.

Be the best German player the league has ever had.

Not very. I'd like to develop a little and wouldn't mind sitting games out if I had to.

active locker room

I'm in graduate school and I'm also a teaching assistant!

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Chuck Bernstein. Left Wing extraordi-bench warmer

Hockey fanatics who will put up with me

I had actually heard of and used discord before coming here. Also, I've never actually played ice hockey before in my life.

I'm on discord all day anyways. What's another community to steal my attention from work?

To finally make it off the bench and maybe put a few points on the board. Basically just figure out how this whole things works this season.

Only important in that if it will help me understand what's going on, I want ice time. If I can play and develop and have fun without it, it doesn't really matter a whole lot.

Active locker room by far. More active = more fun.

I have two cats. Cheeto and Khaleesi, first of her name, Mother of Kittens.

[Image: Chairy-Falcon.jpg]

Mercer Church - C

Be cool.

Experience in both leagues. Decent person. Can be helpful at times.

Don't have much experience with that.. but sure!

Goals, goles, and gaoles

Not very important, but I'd like to play.

Team Success

My recommended Youtube videos mainly consist of pimple popping videos, food challenges, and acoustic guitar lessons.

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position? Tommy McMahon, Right Wing

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you? I'm looking to make friends and win some games.

My game is all about speed while keeping possession of the puck. I'm a good shooter and can carry the puck into the offensive zone well. From there I will probably shoot and either score or create a scoring chance.

I am totally fine with that.

My goal is to be in the top 15 players in points in the SHL for at least one season.

6. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? Playing time in my rookie season isn't super important.

7. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room?I think that an active locker room would lead to more success.

8. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. I have a bruise on my eyelid cause someone threw a fidget spinner at me a few days ago.

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position? Casey Creller, Defence

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you? Good locker room, Win the championship

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class? My username is only 4 letters?

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with? Yep

5. What are your goals for your player? Prove that defence can clean up on milestones.

6. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? Play me if you need me

7. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room? Active LR

8. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. I have matching freckles on my forearms

[Image: creller_dragons.png]