Create Account

S34 Championship Week

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

It's the best week of the season and there are buttloads of TPE to snag as Jay would say!

Each of the following tasks will be worth 3 uncapped TPE. You can do a maximum of FOUR tasks for a total of TWELVE uncapped TPE. Feel free to do more than four, but you won't get the credit for anything over four.

Code:
TASK ONE: Create a giveaway for a unique piece of playoff memorabilia. Can be written or graphic. If written, must be 150 words, if graphic, must include a picture of the item and the team logo.

TASK TWO: What has been the biggest game of the playoffs so far? Can be either SHL or SMHJL, 150 words.

TASK THREE: Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script in 150 words or more.  Describe the setting and the circumstance that may never have happened.  Pick a memory from your team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

TASK FOUR: Who is your choice for the SHL 34 MVP? Must be 150 words.

TASK FIVE:  It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape!  Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!

TASK SIX: Create a Sports Illustrated front page for the Cup win. Must include at least one render, one headline and two sub-headlines.

TASK SEVEN: Create a 'Tale of the Tape' poster between two players of your choice from the finals. Must include renders, player names, team logos, and player statistics.

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S34 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

Deadline: June 1st, 7PM EST

Grading deadline: June 4th, 7PM EST

If you have any questions, please refer to the PT rubric or PM me directly.

[Image: Wally.png]

TASK ONE: Create a giveaway for a unique piece of playoff memorabilia. Can be written or graphic. If written, must be 150 words, if graphic, must include a picture of the item and the team logo.

With the season coming to an abrupt end for the Calgary Dragons, as they uncharacteristically missed the playoffs, the team is still giving its season ticket holders one last chance to win something. 10,000 lucky fans will receive a Zippo lighter that was crafted to be in the shape of the Calgary Dragon. You open up its head and it looks like its breathing fire! This stainless steel Zippo brand Dragon lighter is made in the USA and the best part? Its refillable! There were only a limited number of these special lighters made. In order to get your chance at one, send your season ticket account number to [email protected]. All entries will be assigned a random number, and at the conclusions of the Challenge Cup Finals, the winning entries will be drawn. Winners will be notified by email and have the lighters shipped directly to their door! The flame of the S34 season may be extinguished for the Dragons, but with this lighter, your flame can burn on and on! (171 words)

TASK TWO: What has been the biggest game of the playoffs so far? Can be either SHL or SMHJL, 150 words.

The biggest game of the playoffs so far, in my opinion, was in Round 1. The 7th game of a crazy series between the Texas Renegades and the Los Angeles Panthers. The Panthers were coming off another great regular season, but they have continually come up short in the playoffs. The pressure was starting to get to Los Angeles about potentially being huge chokers who can’t get it done. They used that as motivation and they took a series lead on Texas, but then allowed them to creep back into the series. Both teams developed quite the disdain for each other, as there were not one, but TWO giant line brawls in the first six games. The teams did not like one another as they walked into Los Angeles for the series deciding game. The teams would play hard with Texas taking a 1-0 lead. After that, the teams would alternate goals, with Los Angeles tying the game at 3-3 early in the third period. It looked like we were headed for overtime, which would have been fitting given how close this series was, but Jack Durden would beat Timo Haas with 1:15 left in the game to help Texas move on to the next round and the Panthers were left to once again have the stigma of playoff chokers. (220 words)

When thinking about the SHL34 MVP, it’s sort of an easy choice here. As much as it pains me to do so because of the unrealistic minutes this skater players, Vlad McZerhl is the runaway MVP here. His 38 goals and 41 assists for 79 points were just simply amazing. He broke the record setting season Theo Kane had just one year ago. But on top of that, McZerhl was a +8 player, and he only took 9 penalty minutes all season, one of which was a fight. His 13.82% shooting percentage was also tops among the leaders in the league this year. But more importantly, McZerhl helped lead Manhattan back into the playoffs. Manhattan lost the S32 Cup, and then missed the playoffs entirely. With McZ scoring seemingly at will, he put the team on his back and has helped carry them to the S34 finals this season. While I still don’t agree with the amount of ice time he gets, Vlad McZerhl’s great numbers really show that he’s this year’s MVP for sure. (175 words)

TASK FIVE: It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape! Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!

Of course the cape I’m going to wear is going to be made of the finest silk. It’s black, shiny, and beautiful. The cape itself drapes from my shoulders down to the back of my knees. Long enough to say “Hey, that’s a fucking sweet cape”, but short enough not to trip me as I roam the halls of the arena. It’s outlined in a red satin to give it some pop along the edges. There is no giant collar or anything like that to signify I’m some sort of “evil” being. The cape clasps in front of my neck with two very strong magnets that keep it planted firmly in place, not sewn into a shirt or something like that. It’s a nice cape for sure. (127 words)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Well no playoff hockey for WKP which is sad. But don't worry because of the great fans in West Kendall, there's going to be a huge giveaway. It's going to happen on the last home game of the season against Minnesota. We're not giving away bobbleheads, not jerseys, not pucks but something even better. It's going to be Replicas of the Championship Rings! The first 5,000 to enter the arena is going to get it! It'll be just like you won the Challenge Cup which includes the Platoon Logo! The people who don't get it will get a puck with a your team's logo. So we make sure no body leaves the arena after the game empty handed. Thats how caring our team is. After a bad season, we end it with the best giveaway your could think of! May be the best giveaway in history so come on in.
Code:
150 words

I played in the SMJHL and only one series with 6 games. The biggest game was obviously game 6 where we faced elimination. We were against the Detroit Falcons where it is either go on or go home. This season fo Kelowna was very questionable as we lost our star players. But they had help from two veteran players Langabeer and especially Rielly after he finished with a total of 65 points. This game would be his last game. We have faced elimination before and won those games. We wanted it to repeat. Game 6 at home, we scored the first goal which gave us motivation and confidence but then Detroit fought back for 4 unanswered goal and that was where the season ended in the 1st round. Down 3-2 in the series and one loss would end it and that refers to a big and important game. We knew it would happen but still, that was the biggest game. But we didn't play like Kelowna. 22 shots on goal only while they had 38 shots. Thompson was good to us but we weren't.
Code:
184 words

When you say MVP for this SHL season, it's not like year. This is an easy choice. VLAD McZehrl is the easy choice for SHL MVP. Although the amount of minutes he has played but leading his team to the top, he still dominated and breaking the record. He recorded 38 goals, 41 assists and 79 points, 1 point shy of number 80 but that's still great numbers the fact he played 50 games only. He's a big offensive player where he shot on goal 275 times and a shooting percentage of 13.82. And he's 1.11 point per 20 minutes and also a very helpful Special Team player. He's also a disciplined player. He took only 9 PIM including a fight. If VLAD McZehrl wasn't with the Rage, the Rage wouldn't even make the playoffs. His team is now in the SHL Finals and obviously with a help from him with an insane run. That's how worthy he is to be the MVP.
Code:
163 words

TASK FIVE: It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape! Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!

Its rare to see myself in the media because I doesn't like to be seen. So finally I do it before the finals and I'm not coming in normally, I'm coming with a cape! It's a very special cape where nobody has it and will never have the same cape as mine. It's obviously for sure made of nice silk. It has a good golden color with a touch of black, purple, and red. The purple and red are borders for this cape and the gold is the background with black polka dots. And of course the main focus, a big face of myself in the middle of my cape which is very special. The face there really changes the mood. Its a very nice cape.
Code:
126 words

[Image: giphy.gif]

place so i don't have to search pages to find mine

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Task 1 [Image: SHL-_Giveaway.jpg]

Task 4. When I think of an MVP award there is much more that goes into it than stats, yet fully acknowledge that stats do play a huge role in the determining factor. Regardless of a nine point differential between VLAD McZehrl and Luke Fleming, I think in terms of importance to one's team. Should McZ have traded or "injured", Manhattan had options to fill the void. The same cannot be said for Fleming though... He was the surging force behind the resurgence of the Winnipeg organization and solidified a playoff spot, nearly single handedly. Not to mention in what hand-down was the toughest conference of the two. Manhattan, without McZ on the ice, still would have easily wrapped up a playoff spot with the lack of quality competition in the East. That isn't a knock on the East, but moreover a season in which many of the teams started-, continued-, or were finishing a rebuild.

155 words

Task 5 [Image: CAPE.jpg]

Task 8 [Image: Challenge_Cup_Banner.jpg]

[Image: Wally.png]

Task Five:
It's opening day for the media at S34 Challenge Cup, and a lot of questions have been asked, and some answered. But one of the more weirder ones was, why is Connor O'Reilly here, and why the fuck is he wearing a bright orange cape that says "oundray oneyay asway iggedray". What does that mean, one may ask. Well we caught up with O'Reilly and asked him that. "It's a phrase in pig latin, that translates to round one was rigged." When asked what that statement is suppose to mean, O'Reilly said that he felt the refs were calling calls in favour of Portland so that they can win the series. When asked why he was here, O'Reilly had this to say, "made a bet with myself to come and do this, looks like I won the bet," he says with a hugh smile on his face.

Task Eight:
[Image: 3H9sSeH.png]

RIP Mac & 701

(I totally forgot I had a placeholder, so actual post is later on - sorry!Wink

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

hold up, hold my phone

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

For the first 1,000 fans to come through the gate before Game 1 between the New England Wolfpack and the Toronto North Stars, we're giving away a unique piece of playoff history. Just for this series, we're releasing a series of Jasper Clayton pony plushes where the jersey he's wearing has the patch that the players are going to be wearing for this series against the North Stars. This unique piece of playoff history is yours if you get to the game early, so be sure to be one of the first thousand people through the door! Limited seats are still available, so call now for your chance to own a piece of Wolfpack playoff history! This pony has the Wolfpack's secondary logo as its cutie mark, just like the pony Clayton guest voiced in the episode a few seasons back. We look forward to seeing you before Game 1 as we look to make history in the S34 Challenge Cup Playoffs!

TASK THREE: Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script in 150 words or more. Describe the setting and the circumstance that may never have happened. Pick a memory from your team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

Black and white video fades in.

"Makinen. Skating the puck up through center. Over to Dominique as they move into the offensive zone. Dominique. SHOT! SAVED - REBOUND. . .HE SCORES!!!!!!! BUCKNER! TIM BUCKNER! THE POWER FORWARD COMES THROUGH IN THE CLUTCH AND THE WOLFPACK HAVE DEFEATED THE STAMPEDE IN OVERTIME AND WILL TAKE THE FOURTH SEED IN THE EAST!"

Cross fade.

"Puck is sent back to the point where Clayton is waiting. Clayton. Sends the puck over to Reid. Reid. SHOT! TIPPED! HE SCORES!!!!! DIETER DOMINIQUE! DIETER DOMINIQUE! THE WOLFPACK HAVE DONE IT - THEY'VE TAKEN ROUND ONE AND WILL MOVE ON IN THE PLAYOFFS!"

Cross fade.

"Here comes Russell through center on the breakaway in on net. . .AND HE SCOOOORES!!!! NATHAN RUSSELL BURIES THE BREAKAWAY AND THE WOLFPACK HAVE DONE THE IMPOSSIBLE - AGAINST ALL ODDS THEY'VE MOVED ON TO THE CHALLENGE CUP FINALS!"

"Clayton skates the puck behind Jakob Tanner and they're going to just kill the clock! The crowd is counting down! 3! 2! 1! THE WOLFPACK HAVE DONE IT! NEW ENGLAND SWEEPS THE EDMONTON BLIZZARD TO WIN THE CHALLENGE CUP! THE NEW ENGLAND WOLFPACK ARE THE SEASON 30 CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPIONS!"

Fade to black.

History will be made.

Logo fades in.

My (slightly controversial) pick for the S34 SHL MVP would have to be Luke Fleming. While a case could be made for a few players this season, especially VLAD McZehrl for his record-breaking year, I have to give the edge to Luke Fleming. Foremost among my reasons for this opinion is the fact that Luke Fleming was the better two-way player this season. He was able to make plays to contribute to his team's success on both ends of the ice, rather than being a more one-dimensional player like McZehrl who really did nothing outside of the offensive zone. Fleming lay down the law with his body with bone-crushing hits, and his efforts deserve recognition. Added to that was his offensive performance which was up there with the best of them - including McZehrl - and you have a player who without a doubt deserves to be recognized as the S34 MVP at the awards ceremony this offseason.

Few were surprised to see Jasper Clayton show up to Media Day with a cape, and fewer were surprised by its appearance. The cape was long and flowing, a familiar shade of blue to all who knew him. Along the bottom was a white puffy cloud-like lining. In the center was an image depicting a cloud with a 3-color lightning bolt shooting out the bottom - red, yellow, and blue. Above the logo was his name, below it was "WOLFPACK" in all caps, with his number 11 emblazened directly in the center behind the cloud and lightning bolt logo. In fact, it was so unsurprising that there wasn't a single photo of his cape in the media the next day. Jasper Clayton with a Rainbow Dash cape? The real story would be if he wasn't wearing one.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Code:

It's Playoff time here in Minnesota! The Chiefs managed to make the playoffs, to everyones surprise. Even to the organisations surprise! And as the higher ups say, There is never a bad opportunity to make some money! So, what would be a good playoff memorabilia? Of course the go to is Hockey Cards.

These special S34 Playoff Cards has a special watermark that shifts as you tilt the card. It has 3 different pictures in the watermark, the first is a team photo, the second is a picture of Flacko celebrating a goal, and the last one is of Sweg force-feeding Igbal with baby food.

There are one card per player, as well as a couple of extra cards, a couple of management cards(Which of course is super interesting for the kids, not) and a couple of duo shots with the stars, and some of them with the rookies.

All of them heavily over-priced of course.

Code:

The race forthe Sarmad Khan, which is awarded for season MVP is tight this season. Really tight actually!

On the one end, we have VLAD McZehrl of the Manhattan Rage, which has had a phenomenal season notching 79 points, with 38 of them being goals. He broke records and had 9 more points than anyone. Absolutely MVP worthy.

On the other end we have Luke Fleming of the Winnipeg Jets. Notching 70 points, 9 less than VLAD. However he had a more rounded season than VLAD in the sense that in his Power Forward role, he also has more jobs than only scoring. He was 9 points behind him, with less time played(not a very noticeable amount, stille noteworthy) but still managed to throw over 210 hits, while VLAD threw below 40.

Fleming also had less offensive weapons than VLAD, VLAD had 4 players that scored more than 50 on the season, while Fleming only had one of those.

Fleming is my choice, but it's tight.

Code:
TASK FIVE:  It is media day before the drop of the puck for the S34 Challenge Cup and you are wearing a cape!  Written: Describe your cape in at least a 100 words or Graphic: Design your cape!

I'M WEARING A CAPE BOYS!

Robert "Swegkingu" Andersson storms into the room, wearing his traditional long nosed mask, inspired by his idol Sogekingu, the sniper king from the sniper island. But instead of his traditional red, enormous cape, he is now wearing something a lot more fancy.

This is a chief inspired cape, Red and Green, with black and white details. However the colors is not the most important detail with this cape. The cape is made out of hundreds and hundreds of tiny feathers. it is sown in multiple layers so that even if some feathers fies off, which they are going to do for effect, it still looks amazing.

Code:
TASK SIX: Create a Sports Illustrated front page for the Cup win. Must include at least one render, one headline and two sub-headlines.

[Image: s8mDER3.png]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

No vacancy for this post

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

Code:
155 words
Prince George Firebirds are proud to be giving away a framed picture of the entire Firebird's team that participated in the S34 SMJHL playoffs. The frame is created with team members game used hockey sticks that have been professionally cut and framed into a beautiful, one-of-a-kind work of art. Each member of the team individually autographed it. Players whos sticks are included are Declan Reilly, Xander Green, Artom Zhumbayev, Caelan Fearghal and Dani Forsberg. The winner will get a chance to meet with the team and have an opportunity for more autographs and pictures. Each person who purchases season tickets for S35 will automatically be entered to win this prize, valued at $350. Or any person who donates a minimum of $10 dollars to the the Firebird's children charity foundation will also be entered. The Firebird's thank everyone for their support during the season and cannot wait to get back onto the ice next season!

Quote:150+ words

The biggest game of the SMJHL playoffs was undoubtedly the in the second round, Game 7 between the Prince George Firebirds and the St. Louis Scarecrows. Many people around the league believed that the winner of this series would ultimately become the champions. Both teams had strong enough rosters and it was unfortunate they had to clash so early, but it was a good one. Although Prince George started out strong, ending the first period tied at 1 with more shots on goal, the team entered penalty troubles that would haunt many of the members of the S34 squad for years to come. Dreams of a championship again slipped by as Prince George fell to penalty after penalty. Although the score at the end of the game was close (5-3) Prince George only had a few more shots on net while the Scarecrows had upward of 40. The Firebirds lost another chance at the cup, and now that their rosters mainstays seem to be moving on, they may have to look at a rebuild.

Code:
150+ words
Vlad McZerhl. Nobody deserves the MVP award more than the sniper from the Manhattan Rage. Vlad [McZerhl] was once again a star this season and carried his team to a SHL cup. McZehrl scored 38 goals this season to capture the scoring title, six more than second place. Also dishing out 41 assists, good for third in the league. He also managed to get the most points by a fair margin. He was the catalyst and hero of the Rage. He shown again how he is a natural leader this season, he leads by example on the ice, and with his charisma and heart off the ice. As a solid professional, Vlad brings Manhattan to another level, one that is good enough to win the cup. Winning the award is a no-brainer and will go on to broaden the already Hall-of-Fame bound career he has. His talent cannot go unrewarded, he is truely a one of a kind player.

Reilly entered the room to show off his Irish Heritage, a full blown green suit with a leprechaun top hat. Whats more was the small pot of gold on his arm and a cape on his back. The cape had a full Irish flag across the back with little gold coins glued on in every which way. The Guiness logo was embroidered (probably by his mom) square in the middle. A picture of the island was slapped onto the top of the cape and the towns of Dublin and Cork were starred as to he could find his way home after he would have a bit too much to drink. What topped it off was a image of a leprechaun, drunk, throwing up into his own pot of gold. The crowd gathered in awe of his inspired cape. The Irish blood runs deep in this one, except for the color of his hair.
Code:
100+ words

[Image: giphy.mp4]

Task One:
[Image: zOBYHfP.png]

Task Two:
The biggest game of the playoffs was likely game 2 of the Challenge Cup Finals. The Manhattan Rage were undefeated en route to the finals and had picked up a win in the first game, coming out ahead 4-2. Meanwhile, the Admirals were finishing up a season that was making franchise history in a number of ways: it was their first season with a winning record, it was their first playoff appearance, and it was their first finals appearance. The Admirals had been given their first taste of victory and the whole league was on the edge of their seat, waiting to see whether the Rage would continue their undefeated run to the cup or if the Admirals would step up to the challenge and continue the dominance that was, until this point, completely unheard of for the team.

Game two saw an overtime win for the Admirals with a score of 5-4 (marking their first finals victory in franchise history) and showed that the Red Machine does, in fact, bleed. While the Rage did go on to win the Cup, the Admirals were the first team to take a win from them - a show of strength that should serve as a warning to the rest of the league: Portland is finally here to play.

Task Three:

[The commercial begins with an image of the side of a large wooden ship as its anchor rises slowly out of the water, with audio from a press conference overlaid]

"The SHL board of governors has approved an expansion to the league, which would bring a team to Portland, Oregon. We believe ..."

[As the audio fades out, the video changes to that of a ship in a storm, leaning haphazardly and desperate to right itself. Again, press conference audio is overlaid.]

"... worst season in SHL history. We here in Portland know that the franchise is capable of more than this, and we are determined ..."

[The ship in the video hangs at a dangerous angle for a moment, then begins to right itself. As it swings back upright, the video cuts to a montage of S34 Admirals highlights - goals, saves by Harter, and heavy hits.]

[The montage ends with a bench-clearing celebration and audio of a deafening crowd, then fades to black. A color commentator can be heard yelling excitedly.]

"AND WITH THAT, THE PORTLAND ADMIRALS HAVE CLINCHED A PLAYOFF SPOT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY."

[In large Admirals-yellow letters]

HISTORY WILL BE MADE

Task Six:
[Image: AwvRzSE.png]

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Task #1

[Image: G16YVh7.jpg]

Task #2: What has been the biggest game of the playoffs so far? Can be either SHL or SMHJL, 150 words.

The biggest game of the SMJHL playoffs is undoubtedly the 4-1 win by the Detroit Falcons over the St. Louis Scarecrows in game 2 of the Four Star Cup semifinals for a couple reasons. First, Detroit was the underdog going into the finals. In fact, they were the underdogs for much of the playoffs despite having two of the best point-getters in the league. After they dispatched Kelowna, critics called it a fluke. But when they went up against Montreal and ultimately beat them in over time, people started to talk about a potential Cinderella story. After winning a nail-biter of a game 1 against St. Louis, nearly all league personalities said that St. Louis would bounce back and take the series. However, they were quickly silenced by a clinic put on by the Falcons in game 2, which leads this discussion to point #2: the scoring core performed, and performed extremely well. But not only that, the depth players on the team also contributed to the effort. This overtime win showed that Detroit was more than just Wozy, Starkonov, and Wright. No fewer than 10 players on the Falcons roster notched points that night, and only the 4th line didn't appear on the scoresheet. In a league where the top two lines are often relied on to carry a team to victory, the Falcons had contributions from 3 of their 4. And not to discount the 4th, who played exceptionally well in many of the Falcons' other playoff games. The convincing 4-1 win in game 2 over the St. Louis Scarecrows in a collective effort showed that Detroit was hungry and their team well-coached, and it was at that point that opinion shifted to have the Falcons become the favorites to win it all.

Task #3: Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script in 150 words or more. Describe the setting and the circumstance that may never have happened. Pick a memory from your team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

[START AD]
[SCENE: CLOSE-UP SHOT OF THE SKATES OF A GENERIC HOCKEY PLAYER SKATING A CROSS-OVER ON AN EMPTY, DIMLY LIT RINK]
[AUDIO: PLAY-BY-PLAY RECORDING OF ONE OF YURIY STARKONOV'S ROOKIE GAMES WITH THE VANCOUVER WHALERS]
[CUT TO VIDEO OF PRESS CONFERENCE WITH STARKONOV]
[STARKONOV SPEAKS INTO MICROPHONE] "Yea, it is big shock. I enjoy my time here in Vancouver, I thought I would stay here for career."
[FADE OUT TO BLACK]
[FADE IN TO SCENE: TEAM FOOTAGE OF STARKONOV PRACTICING WITH DETROIT FALCONS IN S34 PRE-SEASON TRAINING CAMP. STARKONOV STANDING IN CORNER STICKHANDLING. WHISTLE BLOWS AND DRILL STARTS. STARKONOV SKATES TO RIGHTWING HASHMARKS, STOPS. HARPER WRIGHT CURLS IN FROM BLUE LINE WITH PUCK. STARKNOV RECEIVES PASS FROM HARPER WRIGHT, TAPS IT BACK TO WRIGHT AND STARTS SKATING UP ICE. HARPER WRIGHT PASSES THE PUCK TO NORO WOZY STREAKING DOWN THE LEFT WING. WOZY ENTERS THE ZONE, SKATES TOWARDS THE TOP OF THE LEFTWING CIRCLE, SAUCER PASSES OVER JAKUB TROCHEK'S STICK AND PUCK HITS THE ICE AND GOES THROUGH RUDY HAWKINS' LEGS TO STARKONOV RIGHT BELOW THE INSIDE HASHMARKS. STARKONOV TAPS THE PUCK IN BETWEEN THE LEGS OF PATRICK DIEHL.]
[FADE OUT TO BLACK]
[FADE IN TO SCENE: HEAD COACH OF FALCONS SITTING DOWN IN AN INTERVIEW WITH OFF-SCREEN INTERVIEWER]
[HEAD COACH OF FALCONS SPEAKS] "Y'know... last season it was hard. Yuriy came in late and we weren't sure where to put him. But this training camp he looks great with Wozy and Wright. I think we might have something here. He's a good kid, quiet, but works hard. He wants to get better. Honestly, it was a shock we got him. Definitely one of those 'diamond in the rough' types, y'know?"
[FADE OUT TO BLACK]
[ON SCREEN WHITE TEXT FADES IN: THE EUROPEAN CONNECTION: Journey to the Finals - Airing Thursday, June 1st, 2017]
[AUDIO: HEAD COACH OF FALCONS] "Without Starkonov, I don't think we make the finals."
[ON SCREEN WHITE TEXT FADES OUT]
[END AD]

Task #6: Create a Sports Illustrated front page for the Cup win. Must include at least one render, one headline and two sub-headlines.

[Image: mwRHvnR.png]

The Buffalo Stampede are PROUD to introduce the Viktor Vorkampfer stress release ball. This ball, which plays thugger lyrics when squeezed, is a unique blend of hate fueled aggression, alcohol, and memory foam. This item will ONLY be available for purchase at games when the Stampede in the playoffs. Upset that the Stampede are getting drilled? Squeeze that shit and let the sweet, sweet lyric genius of young thug guide you through stressful times. Again, this item will ONLY be available for purchase in person, at games, because the USPS has forbid us from shipping this item across state borders for some reason. Please note: there are two versions of the stress relief ball. One is the NSFW version approved for our fans who are over 18 years of age and the other is approved for younger fans who still have sensitive ears.

As a member of this Prince George Firebirds, this is an easy one to answer for me. The Firebirds, who came in the SMJHL playoffs as the 6th seed (aka last one to get in) and no one expected them to get any farther than the minimum of 4 games they needed to play in order to get swept. Their first opponent was Colorado who put up a good fight but timely goal-scoring and goal-tending for the Firebirds lifted them to the semi-finals versus the 1st overall seed, the St. Louis Scarecrows. St. Louis had owned the Firebirds during the regular season so this was shaping up to be a hell of a fight to determine who would make their way to the finals. The Firebirds jumped out to a 2-0 lead before the Scarecrows came roaring back to tie the series up at 2. Scarecrows took game 5 and put the Firebirds on the brink of elimination but Prince George came back and tied the series up at 3-3. Unfortunately, we fell in game 7 to the Scarecrows but as the 6 seed in a 6 team playoff format, we were still proud of how we played. A few changes here or there and we could be in the finals right now.

This is an easy one for me and really anyone else. Vlad McZehrl has shown time and time again why he is one of the greatest in the game today. He potted 38 goals this season in only 275 shots. The closest competitor to that was Flacko who scored 32 goals on 325 shots (talk about efficiency from McBalls). He potted 41 assists as well, which was 2nd in the league behind Fleming and Nuck. Last year when Kane broke the single season record for points, there were a lot of talk about whether or not McZ could match or break 73 points. Well, that record stood for all of one season as McZ shattered that shit by 6 points by putting up a whopping 79 points in just 50 regular season games. That is absolutely unreal. People always talk about how much ice time he gets, which is definitely one of the reasons for his success, but he had the highest points/20 in the entire league despite having the most ice-time as well so not only can he handle that ice-time, he produces. If someone produces that much while getting that much ice-time, you don't lessen their ice-time for any reason. Last but not least he was tied for 1st in the entire league for game-winning goals. The clutch factor is something that is regularly overlooked and McZ had it this season in spades. This was an easy choice for me.

This is an easy one for me because I wear a cape to all of my press conferences, regardless of the time of the year or if anyone even actually attends them. So the basis of my cape is similar to that of a 99 skill cape in runescape. Except it changes color based on what team I'm playing for. Also, the symbol in the middle is just a red bar because my "Skill" is going bardownski.com/alldayeverydayboys. Some new improvements to my cape come in the form of the large shoulder pads actually being liquid bladders. The one on my left holds vodka and the one on my right holds red bull so I'm always ready to go no matter the situation. I've experimented with adding some sort of pyrotechnics to my cap but unfortunately all's that has lead to was a lot of wasted money and 3rd degree burns.

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]