Create Account

The Twayne Takes a Bus in Halfiax

Halifax - Dwayne Wyder stepped off the plane and wasted no time making a mark on the city of Halifax. Fresh off a pre-draft party that left Wyder in the hospital due to “Taco Bell”, one would think that he would take a few days off, even just to avoid incident. This was not the case.

[Image: 22a2d6_4ba5fda607894778b3a3cd0f73b393e6.png]
Sources say that Dwayne was looking to head into the city to buy a new stick, but accidentally boarded a Halifax beer bus. He was initially distressed about this mix up, but eased up when he found out they were going to a bar. The first stop was Garrison Brewing Company.

An employee at Garrison said that Dwayne came in and asked for “the best beer they had”. “I gave him our Tall Ship pale ale, he looked like a pale ale guy. Dude put it back like it was nothing, and asked for another one. I think he did that three more times before the bus left.”

Back on the bus, sources say Wyder had become the life of the party, who was cracking loud jokes and singing old mariachi songs. The bus continued to Tidehouse Brewing and Propeller Brewing without incident, though Wyder is said to have had kept up his fast drinking pace.

Finally, the bus made its last stop of the night at 2 Crows Brewing. There, a visibly upset Wyder was said to be confused, thinking that the bar was a bar for the St. Louis Scarecrows. Manager Djyte Cking said that he had to “offer Dwayne some free beers to calm him down. I know who he is, we’ve got a pretty big group that comes in to watch Raiders games. A lot of the bar saw him in the Prospect Showcase, and a few cleared out just in case. He kept asking for Modelo, which we of course didn’t have. We don’t really have anything that tastes like Modelo either, so I just brought him the strongest thing we had, our Pollyana IPA - very hoppy and fruity. He finally calmed down after that, and then slurred on about the draft and his game. He’s a good guy, and drinks a lot, so I really hope to see him back here.”

After this romp thru the local breweries, Wyder appears to have made it to the local hockey shop. “Oh, ya know, I was gonna book off work today to check out the breweries myself,” said Arnie Ratson, a cashier at the store. “But pretty late this huge guy walks in, and I know he’s one of the new Raiders prospects, ya know? Couldn’t remember who he was tho. Dude sits there talking about how much he loves playing goalie, totally hosed, and I was like, ‘well, hey man, let's get you some gear then’, we had got some fresh pads in yesterday, and I figured he was a backup. Those backup guys pretty much keep the store afloat some days. So I’m getting him strapped up - he could barely get in on, I thought it was cuz he was drunk. But later I find out the guy doesn’t even play goalie. Sorry I let you buy that stuff, if you come back in I’ll get you that stick big guy.”

It is unknown if this is a trend, or just a one off event in celebration of getting picked. Either way, both Halifax’s forward unit and brewery scene will get a lift from having the big body of Dwayne Wyder in town.

Code:
593 words

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

Citizens of Halifax "terrified".

[Image: dannymethane.gif]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: S7jeR9I.png]

nice!

raiders

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Real talk the breweries there actually look really good, if I ever make it up I'm definitely taking that bus.

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

"accidentally" boarded the beer buss.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

well played sir... well played Smile

I accidentally boarded the beer bus five years ago and have yet to get off

nice article man raiders raidersraiders