Create Account

Weekend Funtime: March Goes On

After leading pre-season teams in points, does Buffalo have what it takes to unseat New England in the East?

I don't think that Buffalo has what it takes to take the lead in the East. Buffalo started off strong in their first season as well but then everything went from great to "holly shit" in no time. Of course, good luck, but maybe next season.

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

- Can Manhattan follow up their impressive S34 run with the absence of their leading scorer?

To be totally honest, no they can't. They lost the biggest piece of trash in the league Vlad McZerhl. He might suck more than a Hoover vacuum cleaner as a person, but he still produced. I think he needs to get out of his basement as his eyes seem a little swollen but Manhattan doesn't have him anymore and that won't help them this upcoming season. He isn't the face of the league, but he was the face of the Rage.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

Calgary will absolutely get off to a better start than last year. The keys to this will be Richard C. Hocolate, Chunky Monkey, and Joe Kurczewski. It's no secret Calgary thrives off of older players. older players might not have the speed or endurance to come out 100% every game. These young guys will help to keep the team fresh

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

- Can Manhattan follow up their impressive S34 run with the absence of their leading scorer?

No, losing McZerhl is huge and I don't think they have a replacement for him. They`ll likely make playoffs again, but I don't see them going for a full run agian.

- After leading pre-season teams in points, does Buffalo have what it takes to unseat New England in the East?

Gaining McZerhl will be huge for them. They will make the playoffs again after missing it last year, but most likely as the 2/3/4 seed.

- Will Calgary get off to a faster start in S35 to prevent an uncharacteristic lengthened off-season?

Missing the playoffs, will definatly shake things up a bit. They won't start as slow as last season thats for sure, but they will likely continue to battle for a playoff spot.

- Does Timo Haas have what it takes to deliver a Championship to Los Angeles after early playoff departures following impressive regular seasons in S33 and S34?

I`d like to see them go for a long run. Haas brings alot of strenght to the Panthers and now he has grown more I could see them going for that run.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

While Calgary won't do a nosedive, I highly doubt the club'll return to Top 4 in the West status for a few seasons yet -- aging core, and some depth issues, particularly so in offense, will probably keep them scraping by for at least the next two seasons. Upsets are always a possibility, so if the Dragons do clinch bottom playoff seed, I wouldn't be shocked to see them make it second round or deeper, but the kind of consistent, top-seed performance they've had going for the last three to four seasons? Not likely to be seen again for a little while.

It really seems like we're only supposed to choose one topic, maybe two here, but i really like all of the narratives, so i'm going to touch them all here:

Would Edmonton be as good this year if they lost Connor McDavid? What about if Pittsburgh just lost Sidney Crosby? Manhattan is clearly going to take a step back this season. McZ, love him or hate him, did end up producing a whole bunch, and its going to be very hard to just replace that. Now, that doesn't mean the team is toast, and i think it has enough talent to make the playoffs. But with New England always being around, and now Buffalo becoming a major player in the East, the Rage look to squeak into the playoffs, but lose out in the first round.

- After leading pre-season teams in points, does Buffalo have what it takes to unseat New England in the East?

Preseason means absolutely nothing, for players or teams. The Dragons did very well in the last couple of preseasons, only to stumble out of the gate like we were on meth. I lead the S32 SMJHL preseason in points, and ended up with like 20 in the regular season. So i won't use preseason success as a way to determine if Buffalo will unseat New England. I'll just use logic. Buffalo HAS what it takes to unseat New England. Adding McZ for free is a ridiculous boost for ANY SHL franchise. But its like others have said, its more than just McZ. Buffalo was a team on the rise two seasons ago, and they lost their way last season due to the suspensions and whatnot that took them off their game. But S31 draft steal (because he should've been #1) Eduard Selich had a bit of a coming out party last season (Again <a href='index.php?showuser=2285' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Tomen</a>, i told you so :lolSmile and everyone else on the roster just keeps getting better and better. Buffalo didn't just add McZ this year, they stole away the heart and soul of the St. Louis Scarecrows in Viktor Vorkampfer and Charles Walker, two players who will absolutely strengthen the lineup where they play. Casey Holmes just walked on to Team USA this season and walked away with a Gold Medal in net. The team is absolutely solid on the back end with Metzler, LKS, Salami, and Tusk. This isn't really a "will McZ just pickup a team of scrubs and get them to the cup" scenarios as much as its a "all of the pieces are in place in Buffalo, and they need that ONE last thing send them over the edge" thing. Buffalo absolutely has what it takes to unseat New England. The question remains though: WILL they? That will be extremely fun to find out in S35.

One last thing: Don't forget about Toronto here. Stars

- Will Calgary get off to a faster start in S35 to prevent an uncharacteristic lengthened off-season?

Well, its kind of hard not to get a faster start. I mean, the last two starts to the season in Calgary have been dreadful for any team, much less a good one. Calgary, as much as we get smack talked about for "getting old", did just win the West in the preseason. Randy Randleman is only a year removed from an MVP caliber season. Esa Anrikkanen, while he may be getting trophies named after him, did just lead the IIHF tournament in scoring. Bubba Nuck is the reigning top defender in the league. There's talent up and down the roster, and as long as Calgary plays the way the entire league knows they can, there's 100% of a chance we get off to a faster start than in years past. Last year's horrid start to the year was the reason the Dragons missed the playoffs. The advanced stats showed that Calgary was one of the hottest teams in the league heading towards the playoffs, and Manhattan should thank their lucky stars that we didn't get into the playoffs, because if so, they're most likely have been another Challenge Cup sitting in Calgary.

- Does Timo Haas have what it takes to deliver a Championship to Los Angeles after early playoff departures following impressive regular seasons in S33 and S34?

I love to joke around with Max Wehner, er, Timo Haas, all of the time about how he's not good enough to get it done in the playoffs. But the real truth is that Los Angeles' struggles in the playoffs aren't on him. Its on the team's inability to score goals in the playoffs. Yeah, Texas was a good team in its playoff run, but it was ripe for the picking. Haas had a 0.930 Save percentage in the 7 game series, including keeping Texas to 2 goals or less in 4 of the games. It's not Timo's fault that LA choked in Game 6, losing 1-0 in Texas in a game where Haas stopped 36 of 37 shots, but LA could only muster 21 of their own, getting shut down by good ol' Georgie Pel. The problem in LA isn't the man between the pipes, its the players in front of him.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

-- It is going to be real difficult for Manhattan to repeat especially after losing McZ during the offseason. They still have four solid forwards in Hamilton, Hans, Redding and Creller. It will be interesting to see if they split of these 4 into two or try to load up one line with 3 of them. Wollker is going to log a ton of minutes on the blueline and Aittokallio is a stud in goal.

However, after these players, the depth falls off quickly especially on the blueline and teams will load up to shut down their first line and force one of the other lines to beat you. New England brings basically everyone back, Toronto and West Kendall look strong, buffalo signed McZ and Minnesota and Hamilton are improving as well with their youth movement

Quote:Originally posted by QuantumCowboy@Jun 16 2017, 09:57 PM

Community is awesome!&nbsp; :D
Excuse me I'm not eligible for TPE but this is not community u dumb it's brooklyn 99

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Wait <a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a> are SMJHL rookies eligible because I would assume they aren't but there is no mention of the contrary and I've seen some rookies posting

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Waters@Jun 18 2017, 08:33 AM

Excuse me I'm not eligible for TPE but this is not community u dumb it's brooklyn 99
Community and Brooklyn Nine-Nine are the same show in different settings.

Quote:Originally posted by Jenny+Jun 16 2017, 04:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenny @ Jun 16 2017, 04:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think it's only a matter of time before LAP really goes far in the playoffs and makes a finals appearance, so why not this season, u kno?

Buffalo can get the heck away from me with their unseating business, but NEW hasn't figured out how to solve McZ yet, so...[/b]

I have cookies that can fix that.

Timo Haas had a fecking .930 save percentage in the S34 and a .918 over the past two playoffs. How the feck is this question (in the OP) even about him?

Buffalo probably could have been a playoff team last season if RED played 50 games, honestly. Adding McZ and LKS will only make them stronger. I don't think they'll ease into the East the way some people think - WKP should bounce back with JR as their new coach, TOR and NEW are both plenty talented, and MIN/MAN won't give up their playoff spots without a fight. But I think they should make playoffs.

<!--QuoteBegin-Alex Mack@Jun 16 2017, 06:08 PM
Calgary will get off to a hot start this season because we've hired a new team of ice girls to give deep tissue massages only after wins.[/quote]

That should do the trick.

In all seriousness, It's pretty puzzling how Calgary has gotten off to slow starts for the past few seasons now. It hadn't bitten them in the ass until last season, but it's an odd trend.

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/94-uRG1Cp-A"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/94-uRG1Cp-A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

Slow start or not, I wouldn't expect them to miss playoffs again.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Haas will not have what it takes this season. As he does not play for Winnipeg the team that will clearly win the season 35 championship. B)

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Buffalo, while having made improvements over the off-season, still does not have the talent to unseat New England from the top of the East. The Wlkfpack have been the undisputed top dog for several seasons now, and their squad this season is as strong as ever. Buffalo's defense in particular is a relative weakness. The addition of Ludwig Koch Schroder helps, but he is not a number 1 defenseman yet. Apart from him, Alexis Metzler is their only other 1000 TPE+ dman. While their offense will likely be elite, I have doubts about their ability to stop pucks from going into their own net.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Does Timo Haas have what it takes to deliver a Championship to Los Angeles after early playoff departures following impressive regular seasons in S33 and S34?

Yes. One look at Haas and how he has played in the past will tell you that he is more than capable of leading LA to cup glory. Better question would have been: Can rest of the team reach same level as Haas?

1. Reflieux,Strange,Herzog,Reynolds, King,Kekkonen, Cunningham, Angello and Ruutu up front.
2. Crutchfield, Cahill, Leetch, Lindström, Yvel, Komarov in Defense.

I mean look at the 1 and 2, look at the depth LA has? Then add Haas in net on top of that, what else you want from a team? Scoring goals has been the problem, not goaltending. Last year in the playoffs LA lost three games by 1 goal and got kicked out.

If Manhattan won last year, there is absolutely no reason why LA or multiple other teams could not be up there. Manhattan had two centers all year long, Redding or Creller played in two lines, Wolker played in two pairings etc. In the playoffs Manhattan had five players at 28-30 minutes per game on average.

Playoffs are playoffs, different than the regular season, but I firmly believe LA will win the cup this year. Haas will play on his level, but unlike in the past, the players in front of him will jump to the next level.

It doesnt get much better than winning the cup and repeating in the SHL is hard enough let alone after losing your top scorer and one of the best players in the league. Although much of Mczs production is due to ice time he is still a great player and unless someone steps up to fill that void I dont see MAN coming close to the same amount of success.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]