Create Account

Winnipeg Jets Season 36 Interested Prospects

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Jul 16 2017, 12:22 PM
<div align="center">JetsJetsJets[b]WINNIPEG JETS SEASON 36 INTERESTED PROSPECTSJetsJetsJets

Hello! Thank you for filling out our Interested Prospect survey! Please answer the following questions as honestly as possible - don't worry, there are no right or wrong answers. We would just like to know more about you before this season's SHL Entry Draft.</div>

1. What would you like to accomplish in the SHL with your player?

Set a record, win multiple cups, dominate. Take McZs records.

2. What style of player are you building? Feel free to elaborate beyond the "archetype" SHL starting build (playmaker, sniper, offensive defenseman, etc.).

Ovechkin basically.

3. How would you describe your presence on the site? Do you tend to stick to the locker room discussion or do you also like to publish media, create graphics, engage in discussions throughout the league, etc.

Brash. Loud. Annoying. Prickish.

Tend to stick to LR if the LR is active, if not, I venture out...which doesn't end well.

4. Could you see yourself playing for the Winnipeg Jets for an extended period of time?

It's that, or I will do what Deezy couldn't and not retire til I have played for every team.

5. Would you like to be called up to the SHL fairly quickly, after two or three SMJHL seasons? Or do you want to spend a little more time in juniors?

Depends where I am needed and when.

6. What makes you different from other players in your draft class?

The amount of baggage I have to check on the team charter flights.

7. Alright, I'm cheating, this isn't really a question. Do you have any questions for me? Please, message me! I would love to chat with you one-on-one about the Winnipeg Jets!

Thank you, and go Jets!

I wanted to play in Winnipeg the most, you message me then.
[/b]

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

I'd like to establish myself as a Top 4 defender on a contending team.

2. What style of player are you building? Feel free to elaborate beyond the "archetype" SHL starting build (playmaker, sniper, offensive defenseman, etc.).
I started off with the Two-Way Defender build but my goal is to make a defense-first player who can dominate physically (high CK, ST), and contribute offensively through a high Passing stat.

3. How would you describe your presence on the site? Do you tend to stick to the locker room discussion or do you also like to publish media, create graphics, engage in discussions throughout the league, etc.
Outside of doing media to keep my bank account padded, I mostly stick to the LR and Discord, plus the occasional PbP or other public thread.

4. Could you see yourself playing for the Winnipeg Jets for an extended period of time?
I was active for ~5 seasons with Winnipeg on my last player, and kept a roster spot for another 5 or six after, so I could see myself doing that again. It was fun the first time around.

5. Would you like to be called up to the SHL fairly quickly, after two or three SMJHL seasons? Or do you want to spend a little more time in juniors?
I'd like to spend a couple more seasons in junior but I guess it largely depends on how my player progresses and the state of the SHL team. Whenever it's the most beneficial for the team I'd move up.

I made a defender who's not an OFD with Checking as a weakness.

7. Alright, I'm cheating, this isn't really a question. Do you have any questions for me? Please, message me! I would love to chat with you one-on-one about the Winnipeg Jets!

Do you consider pizza an open-faced sandwich? If the answer is yes I don't think I could play for you.

Have the most fun I can with him. I know I have fallen back a little in TPE count, but what I can say for sure is that with my new player I will try to have fun and interact with people as much as I can. If things work out well, I'll be happy to be one of the top scorers and best players on the team, but that's for the sim to decide. I'll just try to be the best I can be.

I've always liked creating players who do the "dirty job" or just guys who are not the main goal threats in the team. Same with Francesco - I want to build an agile playmaking winger who sets up plays and helps his teammates to play better by his presence on the ice. He won't be the guy to lay out the biggest hits, but he'll definitely be a smart type of player with good positioning (by upgrading Defense), pin-point passes and a decent scoring touch when he sees the chance to shoot.

Here's the thing. I am definitely not the most active person on the site. The main reason for that being my inability to access a computer in the summer for long stretches on time. I still try to log on from mobile - but that takes up more time. Though, being more on the phone means I spend more time in Discord, where I am really active, especially the rookie discord. If the Jets have some fun guys in theirs already, you'll see me talking there quite often.
Being mainly on phone in the summer also means my productivity in terms of making media is lower. I have a podcast planned and articles to write, but they are going to be up when I get home.

If I feel like the mixture of nice locker-room personalities, team potential and my contract is good, then why not? I can tell you, I always stand by my team if I feel like the chemistry is nice, so I can definitely see myself being a long-time Jet, should you draft me.

Probably the most logical answer would be that I want to stay in the J's for about 2 more seasons. I have fallen a little behind on TPE with other rookies (I hope to catch up sooner or later though!Wink + I want to help juniors in as many ways as I can. It's sad for the junior GMs to see their top players leaving, so I am okay to staying down 2 to maybe 3 more seasons, if needed.

I'm Latvian! I'll bring big, tasty potatos to my new team, so choose wisely.

1v1 me discord

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

I'd just like to become a SHL-level defenseman eventually, short term goal is make top pair on my junior team.

Ryan McDonagh-esque two-way defenseman.

Tend to stick to the locker room and discord.

Hell yeah!

If I'm ready after two or three SMJHL seasons, sure, but I'm willing to stay down as long as you need me to marinate.

I'm a first-time player, so you can mold me into whatever type of player you want from me.

Is a hot dog a sandwich?