Create Account

S36 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospects Thread

<center>[Image: 2efkc9h.png]
Halifax Raiders Interested Prospects Thread (S36)

Hey prospects!! Interested in joining the Halifax Raiders? Just fill out this quick questionnaire and let us know a little more about you.

But before we get to know you, we'll tell you a little bit about our organization. Coming off a quick rebuild, and with a team full of rookies, we struggled out of the gate, but definitely picked our game up toward the end of the season. Because of our strong finish, we have hope for this upcoming season and the future in Halifax. The Raiders has still been one of the best teams in the league over the past 6 seasons. In S30, we won the Four Star Cup for the second time in franchise history (the most among S25 expansion teams). In S31, we made it all the way back to the Finals, but lost to the Kelowna Knights. And in S32 and S33, we won the President's Trophy, and lost in the Eastern Conference Finals. But enough about us, we'd love to learn more about you. Just answer these simple questions:

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position?

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you?

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class?

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?

5. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season?

6. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room?

7. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself.

Thank you so much guys, and I'm sure we'll be in touch with many of you as draft day approaches! Smile

raiders #RaiderNation raiders </center>

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

My player name is Benjamin Blue and I play Goalie.

I have nothing specific, but if the team that drafts me has nice players personality wise then I'll be happy.

Well, I don't think anything special of myself, but sometimes people tell me my glove side is pretty strong and I have great positioning while I can also recover quick thanks to my senses.

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?
Yes, I actually prefer discord over the internet browser because it's easier for me to navigate since I use it so much.

I think I should get enough playing time that I can make an impact on the teams talent, while not ruining the teams record if I play terrible, so, in sense of how much playing time I get, not really important, but the importance of how my playing time affects my team, very important.

I like to make sure I put my all to win, if we lose, sure I'll get a bit upset, but it won't ruin my locker room chemistry with the team. Do I would think that winning/team success (more team success) is more important to me.

I'm almost as tall as Aaron Judge, Reid Boucher is my favorite player in the NHL, and my favorite NHL team is the New Jersey Devils

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Name's Hans Oldrich and I play left (offensive) defenseman.

Nice players, willing players who build on each other's strengths and helps through weaknesses.

Not much for talking about one's self, but, I'd say probably being slightly on the shorter side, I make up for good defensive posture.

Only recently been hitched with Discord, so I'd occasionally forget I'd have that at my disposal, so may need a gentle prod but otherwise I'm growing used to it.

It's important to me, but, it's also good to be able to just watch and learn from the others. I don't want to be hampering on the team's talent and yet also be able to gain more valuable field experience.

Oh, that's a tough one - though I'd give 110% of myself in each game, I would not want to ruin the team's chemistry if things don't turn out well. Team success, I'd say, was just a slightly bit more important than an active locker room. Talk the talk, walk the walk.

I sleep talk - to such an extent I was having a conversations about jelly babies.

[Image: boeck.png] [Image: boeck2.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] ⚖️ [Image: HKi05IH.png]
Germany Blizzard Kraken
thank you for the signatures made by @Ragnar

Bumping this.

Thanks for the first two replies guys! Smile

raiders

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Bumping again for new rookies.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Roberts Kļaviņš, Goalie

I would definitely want to be the starting goalie on the team. Having teammates who are both good players and good people would be very nice as well.

Well, I'm VERY active on here. Besides that, I also believe that I have the fastest reactions out of all the goalies in this draft class. I also have pretty fast hands and am quite agile.

I don't mind that at all, discord is fine.

Very important. I want to impress the SHL scouts so I get picked up.

Well, I'd definitely prefer to have both. If I have to pick one though, probably team success. Doing good in the minors would be a great way to kickstart my SHL career.

The former president of Latvia (Vaira-VÄ«Ä·e Freiberga) read me a bedtime story when I was 2 years old.

Roberts Kļaviņš, Goalie

I would definitely want to be the starting goalie on the team. Having teammates who are both good players and good people would be very nice as well.

Well, I'm VERY active on here. Besides that, I also believe that I have the fastest reactions out of all the goalies in this draft class. I also have pretty fast hands and am quite agile.

I don't mind that at all, discord is fine.

Very important. I want to impress the SHL scouts so I get picked up.

Well, I'd definitely prefer to have both. If I have to pick one though, probably team success. Doing good in the minors would be a great way to kickstart my SHL career.

The former president of Latvia (Vaira-VÄ«Ä·e Freiberga) read me a bedtime story when I was 2 years old.

Shaun Stephens

Honesty, help to improve my player for the SHL push

Active, mature

Perfectly fine makes sense

It is important help help reach milestones and goals, but if it is not in the cards then I am not going to complain

Active locker room

Uncle had a cup of tea in the NHL

lizard person, lizard person

full of other lizard people

i am a lizard person

discord is run by lizard people, so yes

not as important as my linemates being lizard people

yes

i am a lizard person with a human mask

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

Beaujeaux Biscuit - Goalie

Hockey

Humongous Peen

Yeah

Required in year 2. Not so much year 1

Yes

I'm supposed to be working, but I'm actually filling this out. :o

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position? Jordan Ryder LW

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you? Win games, Win Cups, Score Goal

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class? I'm not Bojo

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with? yes

5. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? Important - I don't want to ride the pine, but I don't expect to be the dude either.

6. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room? In my experience they breed the other.

7. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. I play video game with Jake Long the American Dragon.

--Jack Tanner, defenseman.

--An enjoyable locker room and hopefully lots of winning.

--I enjoy the grind. Pretend currency is my shit and I'm stoked to start developing.

--Yeah that's fine. I like the forum format for keeping various discussions organized but as an IRC veteran discord is great, too.

--Not. If riding the bench is best for the team that's fine by me.

--I'm a competitive person so this pains me but I think I'd rather have an active, enjoyable locker room without team success than an inactive or toxic locker room with it.

--I've held the top spot on the Taylor Swift leaderboard on Trivia Crack Kingdoms for the past 10 months (and it's not close).

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

LW - Hercules Rockefeller

Organization, a game plan, and quality members.

I know my way around the league and have built successful players before. Also, my shot.

I have discord, haven't used it for locker rooms yet so I'm open to it. Not a big deal.

Everyone wants to play, but in the end it's whatever is best for the team. I'm hopeful my player will be good enough that the GM would want me playing a lot anyway.

Can't it be both? But winning brings people to you.

This is my first time just being a player in a sim league since the very first iteration of the SHL.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Thanks! Great to be here. I'm Jurgis Bulota and I am an playmaking right wing.

First and foremost, I'm looking forward to a great locker room! Second, I'm looking for a team that really needs me and my skills that I bring to the table.

My fear of toy dinosaurs.

Oh, yes. No problem at all. Currently having the best time in rookie Discord chat.

It is really important, but I know that I have to work hard and get my TPE and attributes up so I could be worthy of the time on the ice.

A mixture of both. Losses bring negativity, but an active locker room can overcome the biggest difficulties.

I have webbed toes. My second and third toes are joined by skin.

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

Colette Jacobsen // RW

Determination! Nothing good ever happens when there is none.

Being an enforcer strictly in it for the love of being physical (even at 5'2)

Of course, Discord is great for any/all communication

Pretty important, playing time gives an opportunity for a rookie to showcase their talent and prove to the team they drafted you for a reason.

An active locker room/active teammates leads to greater overall success of the team.

I can pick my nose with my tongue.