Create Account

S35 Championship Week

TASK TWO

The Iqbal Special: If you’re looking for a kick, this is the drink for you. Two parts Strawberry Vodka, one part Red Bull--served in a solo cup so you don’t get busted for underage drinking.

NYC (Norwegian York Classic): There’s nothing like feeling a little classy at a hockey game, and for those of you with a classy sensibility, we’ve begun serving chilled Akvavit, a Scandinavian spirit. We aren’t sure why you’d drink this over a brandy, but hey, more power to you.

Maritime Summer: Named for goaltender Jeff Kirkstone’s home region, the Maritime Summer is a classic whisky and dry. Made with twelve-year-old Canadian Club and Canada Dry ginger ale bought from the Superstore down the road, this drink is made to remind you of what summers in PEI must be like.

The Wahl: It takes a lot to get through this drink--the Wahl is a variation on the Corpse Reviver No.2, a mix of a heavy pour of gin and a splash of absinthe… except our Corpse Reviver includes a little bit more absinthe than necessarily called for. And then some more. And then a little more gin… and some more absinthe. If you’re still standing after a couple of these, you’re clearly inhuman.

<div align="center">-----</div>

TASK THREE

Music plays. Cut to graphic--SHL on SBC. Cut to camera shot.

Marcus Johnson: “Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s that time of year again. The Season 35 SHL Finals are upon us, a match-up between the Toronto North Stars and the Portland Admirals. I’m Marcus Johnson, here with my broadcast partner Sam Walker.”

Cut to commentary desk.

Sam Walker: “Thanks Marcus. The Portland Admirals were here just one year ago and they’re looking to finish what they tried against last year’s champions, the Manhattan Rage. Toronto, meanwhile, haven’t seen the finals in a long time and they’re here on an incredible season led by a lot of great players.”

Johnson: “One of whom is the young gun Reed Laing who put away a strong New England team in overtime just a few nights ago. From Portland, the goalie Wahlgren looks to be the difference-maker in this series. If he can keep up the pace of play he’s had all postseason and the Admirals can post even a decent team in front of him, they may just come out of this the winner.”

Walker: “It’ll be a longshot though, as one of the stronger Toronto teams in recent memory looks to make their lives a lot more difficult. Between the aforementioned Laing and players like Jesster, Eriksson and the defenceman Zander Rhys--not to mention Jeff Kirkstone, who’s had an excellent postseason--the North Stars are poised to potentially end this series quickly.

Johnson: “So then it sounds to me like you’ve got Toronto winning this series, Sam!”

Walker: “You bet I do, Marcus. And I’ll assume you’ve got Portland?”

Johnson: “You guessed right. It’s time for a commercial break, but when we come back, we’ll go down to the ice for the anthems and the opening puck drop. Portland… Toronto… Don’t go anywhere! It’s the SHL Finals on SBC!

TASK FOUR

Playoff MVP in my eyes has to be Andrey Barbashev. Point totals have all been pretty stellar, he’s been making a difference for this strong Toronto team, and I don’t know that there’s another player out there that’s been making the impact on their team like he has. Getting those point totals from the blue line (14 at time of writing) is absurdly impressive and with the announcement of his retirement, I think the way he’s elevating his game with the end in sight puts him above the other candidates. Hopefully we can see this guy lift the Cup and the Playoff MVP trophy at the end of the season. He’s had an amazing career thus far and finishing it out with a Cup win and the Playoff MVP award has got to be exactly how Barbashev wants to end out his run--and I think he’s deserving of it. Barbashev is my vote, plain and simple.

TASK FIVE

<a href='index.php?showuser=2397' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Samee</a> You’ve had a pretty good couple of years here, but amidst all the rumours, what does this finals appearance mean to you going forward?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Symmetrik</a> What sort of a difference do you hope to make through this series and what can the Toronto fans count on from you?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2245' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Grapehead</a> What is it like going up against Wahlgren, considering the S31 connection? Good memories, or ready to crush him?

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

TASK ONE

Odjick's Chevy Malibu needed some sprucing up anyway...
[Image: 3gLnkaX.jpg]

TASK TWO

[Image: G99mjyL.png]

TASK FOUR

My choice for S35 Playoff MVP is Andrey Barbashev. One of the older players on the Toronto North Stars roster, Barbashev is close to retirement, in fact he is retiring after this season is done to spend more time with his family and help his son become a great hockey player, but that hasn't stopped him from leading the league in points by a defenseman. He is also the second highest scoring player on the Stars roster. This coming from a defense first player who uses strong positioning and puck handling to define his game. People will look at Eriksson as the flashier choice because of his goal scoring and points behind higher than Barbashev's, but believe me when I say, the Toronto North Stars would not be where they are today if it were not for Barbashev, and he played a huge role in getting them to the finals.

TASK FIVE

<a href='index.php?showuser=1485' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>RaiN</a> : "Your son Anze Barbashev just won his first Four Star Cup with the Vancouver Whalers, if you don't win the Challenge Cup, is your son ever going to let you live it down that he got a cup before you?"

<a href='index.php?showuser=2458' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Symmetrik</a> : "Zhander Rhys and yourself joined the stars at the same time and were drafted in the same year. Are the two of you good friends off the ice?"

<a href='index.php?showuser=2397' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Samee</a> : "There have been a lot of rumors about you moving teams after the finals are over. Are you able to concentrate on the hockey or do you think this might distract you from the series?"

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Hold

TASK ONE: Decorate your teammates car for the big game! Can be written or graphic. If written, tell us how you plan on "decorating" your teammates ride before leaving for the viewing party and must be 150 words.

[Image: hpWX4KB.png]

TASK TWO: Pre-Party! Create a drink menu for the arena to sell during the playoff series. Must have four drink specials named after two players each team and have a brief description of each drink! Must be at least 150 words total. If graphic, create a menu that contains four drinks, brief description and price!

[Image: F0u5jxV.png]

TASK SIX: Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation! Must include a list of 3 special guest appearances for your fans and a list of 4 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.)

[Image: LSMsEJj.jpg]

TASK SEVEN: Create a 'Tale of the Tape' poster between two players of your choice from the finals. Must include renders, player names, team logos, and 5 player statistics.

[Image: 9GPOTOb.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Code:
TASK ONE: Decorate your teammates car for the big game! Can be written or graphic. If written, tell us how you plan on "decorating" your teammates ride before leaving for the viewing party and must be 150 words.

[Image: 488tc9X.jpg]

Code:
TASK TWO: Pre-Party!  Create a drink menu for the arena to sell during the playoff series.  Must have four drink specials named after two players each team and have a brief description of each drink!  Must be at least 150 words total. If graphic, create a menu that contains four drinks, brief description and price!

The Turncoat- named for Reed Laing, it's all about the drama that she has to go up her old team in the finals. It is made out of sour green apple, everclear, and limoncello martini that is served while it is burning. There is salt and sugar on the rim and it is $120 bucks.

Yorktown- Chris York is all about this drink. It is classy and wonderful. Punsch is a specialty from Norway but this is flavored with a little Curacao and served with a big old smile. $10

Poison- for everyone's favorite cabbage head, this drink is such a dark purple that it's almost black. Dark rum and blackberry muddle, topped with a little lime seltzer. Drink your poison, it's fucking delicious. $8

The Wall- named for Wally, it's a cherry coke and jack but with dry ice to make it seem extra cool than it actually is. Still, it's one of those things that you still love. $4

Code:
TASK FIVE:  Media Day once again!  Create three questions, one for three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them! Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own!

<a href='index.php?showuser=1269' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Tanner</a>, how does this feel as a former 1st overall to see your team in the finals?

<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a>, what was your favorite moment in the playoffs?

@[Samee}, you've been in the finals before, how does it feel to be here with the Admirals?

Code:
TASK SIX: Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation!  Must include a list of 3 special guest appearances for your fans and a list of 4 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.)

[Image: LnF1P13.png]

[Image: galatix2.gif]
by @NUCK @QuantumCowboy @engimatic @GLU @FlappyGiraffe @karey

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] l [Image: HuqtOb2.png]

The only one of us who has a teal car is Ruutu (he's Finnish so I guess he's into stuff like that Tongue ), so we had a giant vinyl sort of thing made of the Panthers logo which we put on the hood of his car. We had some other cool graphic stuff made for the side, roof, and back of his car. A few of us rode to the viewing party outside the arena to get the crowd pumped up. It was pretty crowded even though we were down two games to nothing in the first round. There was food, music, games, and some Panthers alumni and current players there do signings and meet and greets. After the party, we went into the arena to get ready for the game which would start in a couple hours. We lost game three, but we did at least give the fans a home win in game four before losing the series in game five.
Code:
161 words

TASK THREE: Write a script for the game day preview for Game One of the Finals.  Must be at least 150 words.

Not only will we have a new SHL champion by the end of this series, but we will have a team that has never won a championship before get their first ever Challenge Cup. Both Portland and Toronto have yet to win a cup. Toronto took down West Kendall in round one in just five games, and then ousted the team that had won three cups in the past five years, the New England Wolfpack, in just five games in round two. Portland defeated Los Angeles in round one, and then won round two in seven games over the Calgary Dragons. It will be a battle of the S31 goalies. Jeff Kirkstone of the North Stars versus Kyle Wahlgren of the Admirals. Both goaltenders stats have been remarkable and a big part of why their teams have made it this far, so it may come down to who can keep up the great play. We're likely in for a good series, so let's all sit back and enjoy it.
Code:
169 words

TASK FOUR: Who is your choice for the S35 Playoff MVP to this point? Must be 150 words.

There's a few good choices...Pedro Sarantez, Kristian Eriksson, Jeff Kirkstone to name a few. But I think it's hard to argue against Kyle Wahlgren here. His stats through round one and the first four games of round two were great. He had a 6-3 record, a .925 save percentage, and a 2.62 goals against average. He didn't play great in game five (allowing five goals on forty one shots), but he allowed just one goal on thirty four shots in game six, and only one goal on twenty six shots in game seven. We'll see if he can keep up the good play in the finals, but if the vote took place now, he'd get my vote. It's tough to imagine where they'd be if their goaltending wasn't so solid. They only scored two goals in game six and three in game seven, so they relied heavily on their goaltending to win some of those important games.
Code:
155 words

TASK FIVE:  Media Day once again!  Create three questions, one for three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them! Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own!

Interview Zander Rhys(<a href='index.php?showuser=2476' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>ThePandava</a>): You've had a good playoff run so far, have made the all rookie all star team, are in contention for rookie of the year, and have a huge overtime goal for your team in the playoffs so far. The finals are a whole new challenge. Do you think you can continue your solid play into the finals?

Interview Samee Iqbal (<a href='index.php?showuser=2397' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Samee</a>): There's been a lot of rumors of you moving out of Portland this offseason. How do you put those rumors in the back of your head and just keep focus on winning this series?

Interview Jeff Kirkstone (<a href='index.php?showuser=2245' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Grapehead</a>): Everyone's been talking about Kyle Wahlgren and how he's the biggest reason his team is in the finals. Do you feel you should be getting the same recognition and do you think you can outplay him in this series?

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

To be perfectly honest, it seems like most of my teammates on the St. Louis Scarecrows seem pretty indifferent to who wins the Challenge Cup this year. I think that there were more people pulling for the Dragons to win that game 7, but whatever. Only Carric is a prospect for the North Stars, but even he is pretty quiet about the situation in the Finals. I think to really help display our general indifference about who wins the cup there are only a few ways that we can really decorate our teammates car in an appropriate fashion. First off, we have to purchase window pennant flags for the car to put up. The most important thing about this step is that we have to get flags for both teams. We can’t have people thinking that we care. Next, we get window paint in Portland Yellow and Toronto Blue and write a generic “GO TEAM” in the windows. Again, this is to display our lack of loyalty for either team. Lastly, we need to construct a small billboard-esque sign to strap to the roof of the car in which it reads “Hockey is neat”. I think that these decorations help to get the general feeling across as we arrive at the watch party.

Words: 213

TASK THREE: Write a script for the game day preview for Game One of the Finals. Must be at least 150 words.

Bob: Well folks, we’re getting down to the end of things for this season. All we have left are the S35 Challenge Cup Finals! We have two great teams that made it this season and I can’t personally wait for the action to get started.

Mike: Right you are Bob. The Toronto North Stars shockingly de-stroyed the New England Wolfpack in the Eastern Conference Finals and then we saw the Portland Admirals come back from being down 3-2 in the Western Conference Finals to win in a spectacular game 7 to get back to their second finals appearance in the same number of seasons. So Bob, what do you think is going to be deciding factor in this matchup?

Bob: Well Mike, both of these teams have proven that they are superb in all facets of the game. I think this series will just come down to consistency. Both teams have great goal scorers, competent defenses, and are anchored by awesome goalies in Kyle Wahlgren and Jeff Kirkstone. It’s tough to really give an edge to either team, but I cannot wait to see how it will play out.

Mike: Neither can I Bob, neither can. We are surely going to be in for a treat here in game 1 of the Challenge Cup Finals. We will be back in just a little bit for more pre-game analysis and then to puck drop for game 1.

Words: 236

TASK FOUR: Who is your choice for the S35 Playoff MVP to this point? Must be 150 words.

Up to this point in the Challenge Cup Playoffs there are quite a few players who have earned potential nominations for Playoff MVP and deservedly so. My personal nomination for Playoff MVP, however, would have to go to Kyle Wahlgren of the Portland Admirals. Wahlgren absolutely annihilated in the regular season and he hasn’t slowed down a bit in the post season. He’s topping the charts in save percentage. He’s topping the charts in goals against average. He’s managed to do this while also toping the charts in shots faced. He played a critical role in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals against the Calgary Dragons which went to double overtime and managed to show up again in a huge Game 7 where he only allowed 1 goal on 21 shots. Like I said, there are a lot of deserving players for Playoff MVP, but looking at Wahlgren’s stats and taking into consideration that they played very tough opponents in the Los Angeles Panthers and Calgary Dragons, I believe the nod should go to him.

Words: 176

TASK FIVE: Media Day once again! Create three questions, one for three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them! Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own!

<a href='index.php?showuser=1627' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>tweedlebrumm</a> How does it feel to get traded to the Portland Admirals, with the hopes of winning a cup, only to make the dream of getting to the finals come true? What do you think your guy’s chances are of bringing it home this time?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1855' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-14'>Rich</a> The series against the Calgary Dragons was a wild one to say the very least. How did scoring that double OT goal in game 6 feel and how confident were you that you guys would prevail in game 7?

<a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a> The Admirals have a very stout defense and goalie. They have been great up until this point in the playoffs and teams have had a tough time consistently beating them. What do you and the rest of the North Stars offense have to do in order to jump that hurdle?

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

TASK ONE: I've decided to volunteer Rick James (<a href='index.php?showuser=1883' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>RHolder71</a>) to drive us to game 1 of the finals (or rather, have his driver drive us, because everyone knows Rick James doesn't need to drive himself around- nor should he!Wink, but I wouldn't just do that without decorating his whip accordingly.

How does one go about decorating a car for Rick James? Well, first, you must know that RJ drives around in a limo, not too dissimilar to this one:

<center>[Image: armor1.jpg]

Before I stepped in, it was like most limos, seating all around, a few ice holes for your cold drinks, and plenty of scotch guard... Well, I took it upon myself to add a few things including:

-Pole for exotic dancers in the center of the isle. Because I chose to upgrade, the pole came with the dancer:
[Image: Ford450_interior_2.jpg]

-Hopefully he's not too pissed... but I cut out a portion of the back to add this sweet baby. What better way to relax pre-game, and pre-party, than to take a dip in the hot tub?:
[Image: 2.jpg]

I also sent it into the body shop for a little wrap, just to avoid any confusion as to who we are. It's not back yet, but I had them use this as the motivation:
[Image: RaidersRig.jpg]</center>

Needless to say I think RJ and the rest of the crew are going to be pretty stoked on my choices for decor when we take a few road trips to Portland and Toronto for the finals. Safe to say we won't need to bother taking a plane or chopper any time soon...

Code:
258 Words

TASK THREE:

Host: Welcome back to the Game Day Preview of the S35 SHL Finals, we've got Texas Renegade Conklin Owen in studio to answer a few questions. Thanks for dropping by, Mr. Owen.

CO: Please, call me Conklin. Thanks for having me, it's a pleasure.

Host: So we've got 2 teams here in Portland and Toronto who have never won a championship, so someone's popping their victory cherry this year regardless of the outcome. That's quite a contrast to what we've seen lately in terms of who has been hoisting the cup, isn't it?

CO: Yeah, it's great. To see two teams in it facing off for their first ever victory is compelling hockey. Of the last 8 years, only 2 teams not named the Dragons or the Wolfpack have managed to win the cup, and to be honest, I think things were getting a little stale. To see the Rage win last year, and to see Portland come back for another shot at their first against one of the most historically down trodden teams in the league- with a chance of redemption, is really cool.

Host: So who do you think will take the series? Why?

CO: I'm actually hoping for a Toronto win, to be honest. Last year Portland knocked us out of the Western Conference Finals, and I've still got a bitter taste in my mouth from that, believe it or not. Toronto has gotten the best of the regular season series, but there's only 2 games between them, so for some reason I still feel like they're the underdogs. Maybe it's their history that's coming out more than anything in that assessment, but either way, I think they'll win it. They just seem to be experts at converting on the chances they get, and even though Portland is the heavier shooting team, I think the North Stars are ready to shine in the brightest of moments.

Host: Anyone in particular you're rooting for?

CO: My former teammate, Evandrus Jesster. I was sad to see <a href='index.php?showuser=19' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Jesster</a> go when he was traded away, I've always been friends with him, and though we haven't spoken in quite a while, I still hope for the best for him. It'd be a really nice feather in his cap to see him be part of Toronto's first victory so late in his career.

Host: That's all the time we've got for Conklin Owen, we've got a lot more to get to. Again, thanks for stopping by, we always appreciate your insight.

CO: Yeah my pleasure, hopefully you'll be asking someone else about how Texas will fare in the finals this time next season!

Code:
431 words

TASK FOUR: I've got to go with Tononto North Stars' goal tender Jeff Kirkstone for MVP at this point. While it's true that Kyle Wahlgren has almost certainly been the better of the two players, with his .925 save percentage on the season... Kirkstone has stepped up in a huge way in the post season.

His regular season save rate wasn't anything to write home about- only managing a .905, good for 11th on the year. The regular season ends, and since then he's been at .912- that's a BIG jump! He's got the second best figure in playoff play outside Kyle. Yes, Wahlgren has gotten better too, up from .920, so both goal tenders are really playing top notch right now... it's just that Kirkstone's surge is coming at the most important time, and he's been able to bring home the wins for his team when they need him most. He's been the X factor for Toronto this year, so he's my pick.

Code:
162 words

TASK FIVE:  My first question is for Evandrus <a href='index.php?showuser=19' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Jesster</a>: What was it in Toronto which enabled you to put up such strong numbers this season? Was there a particular player you had great chemistry with? Was it a strategy which just fit your style of play perfectly, or was it something else? It definitely seems like the change of scenery away from Texas has treated you well. It's something I'm glad for, for your sake, but also kind of bummed about, because we miss that production here.

Next question is for <a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Cynthia</a>. You're coming up against a Portland team who threatened to win it all last year, and who seems to be on quite the roll this season. Do you see your team as coming in as the underdogs, despite besting Portland in the regular season?

Likewise, I have a question for <a href='index.php?showuser=2378' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-66'>MWHazard</a>. Portland shelled you guys in the regular season, despite the fact that you guys have the better goal tender. Sure, it was only 2 games, but it appears they have the upper hand? What does your team have to do in order to neutralize their strengths, and what's their biggest weakness you need to exploit to win?

I've got a bonus question for <a href='index.php?showuser=1045' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Steelhead77</a>... How did you, despite having 3 of the top 5, and 5 of the top 7 scorers, manage to get ousted from the playoffs?! After you guys rolled over Texas, I thought for sure you were a lock to make the finals. What went wrong? Who do you have to win this series?

Code:
4 questions

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

Generic placeholder comment

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

ASK ONE: Decorate your teammates car for the big game! Can be written or graphic. If written, tell us how you plan on "decorating" your teammates ride before leaving for the viewing party and must be 150 words.

I´m a big fan of keeping things simple, that goes to everything really, but even more truth in that line if I need to write, draw or do anything creative, simple design is what I aim to bring to the table.

If I have the option to choose who´s car is going to be decorated, I would pick Chester Cunningham and his 94´ Toyota Corolla. I would start the decorating process by smashing the windows and replacing them with cardboard, gives that vintage look and really makes you wake up in the morning when driving around. Next step is to scratch the paintjob little bit, could leave hateful messages like: You are old or you suck on the car, but since this is for a good cause, I will key the message: I like you and finish the job by adding: Jorma Ruutu was here - text on the hood.

Quite controversial decision to identify yourself by writing your name on the car, but it´s more than likely going to come out eventually. I was also thinking about doing something to the inside of the car, but I reckon if I just clean it little bit, it will be a huge surprise for Chester, his car is easily one of the nastiest things I have seen and more importantly, smelled in a while.
(150+)

TASK TWO: Pre-Party! Create a drink menu for the arena to sell during the playoff series. Must have four drink specials named after two players each team and have a brief description of each drink! Must be at least 150 words total. If graphic, create a menu that contains four drinks, brief description and price!

Pass The Wind
Spinach, beans and salad leafs blended with alcohol(s) of your choice. Good option if you want to try something new or if you like to live as healthy as possible. Not recommended for people who wear white clothing.

Landry Day
Blueberries, strawberries etc, basically sky is the limit on what kind of berries you can have the drink made from, vodka is optional, same with the laxative, but for a true experience its recommended to add at least little bit of laxative into the drink.

Need a Banning
Drink for those who like to live on the edge. If you have heart problems, do not order this. Various energy drinks mixed with a lot of alcohol, pretty classic mix really, but what makes it different than others: juice of crushed mushrooms is added in as a twist.

Feel Goode
Orange juice squeezed from fresh oranges, what more you want from a drink? If you feel like it, you can add whatever you want into the mix, but if feeling good is what you are looking for, fresh orange juice is the way to go.

(150+)

TASK THREE: Write a script for the game day preview for Game One of the Finals. Must be at least 150 words

Good evening friends and everybody who is watching or listening this in Texas! We got a treat for you guys, game three in the season 35 SHL Finals, Toronto playing against Portland! Series is at the moment tied at 1-1, so huge win coming up for both teams, win now and you really take big step towards winning the cup.

Before we start the talks about the game and the lineups, I would like to remind everybody about the competition we have going on our website, RadioTijuana.com! Simply click the big banner, fill in the information asked and you got a change to win tickets to watch the cup winner play first home game of next season, everything included from plane tickets, hotels, food etc, we even throw in some spending money, so remember to sign up!

After these short messages from our sponsons, greatest hockey mind in the radio business, Small-Eddie will give pointers and things to watch for in the game three! Don´t go far, fun starts soon.
(150+)

I reckon there is quite few good options, but since there is only two teams left, the award winner will more than likely be found either from Toronto or from Portland.

From Toronto, Anze Barbashev has been playing really well in the playoffs so far, 14 points in 10 games. That is the third best total in the whole playoffs, leaders in that category have both played 3 games more than Anze, so with positive finals, he could end up winning the scoring race in the playoffs and if that happens, he is rather close in winning the playoff MVP, especially if Toronto wins the cup.

Jeff Kirkstone has been solid in net for Toronto, 91,2 saving% and if he can keep that same level of play up for reminder of the playoffs, he wont be a bad selection for the award either if Toronto wins the cup.

From Portland the playoff MVP could be Pedro Sarantez, bit same as with Anze in Toronto, Pedro leads Portland in scoring with 12 points in 12 games, productive finals and he could just as well win the scoring race in the playoffs, big candidate to win the MVP award at that point.

If Portland wins the cup, perhaps the biggest reason for that is Kyle Wahlgren in net, 92,6 saving percentage means that he has been on fire, leading goalie and a excellent option for the playoff MVP award.

(150+)

TASK ONE:

The car I would have to decorate would be Bojo Biscuit's. He absolutely despises the Toronto North Stars, so how will I decorate his car? Lucky for me, his car is already blue. I'll take white spray paint and write the words "Go Toronto North Stars!" "Big Z can get this big D!" "I love Zalleras Szlerchek!!" all over the car. I'd also take a stensil and spray paint the North Star logo onto the back window of his car so whenever he looks out that window, or in his rearview mirror, he'd be subjected to staring straight at the North Star logo. I'd also add Challenge Cups onto the headlights to remind him of what they're playing for, and what he still has yet to win. Hopefully I can find some seat and steering wheel covers to liven up the interior of his car as well. And finally, I'd get those big dice thingies to hang on his rearview mirror because, every car's gotta have those. Maybe I can find one at the North Star's online store.
Code:
178 words

TASK TWO:

Stars Wartooth Ache: It's everyone's favourite drink. Whiskey, chocolate milk, and maple syrup! Get all the sweetness you want, with the whiskey-kick you need. 10/10 dentists recommend this drink, just make sure to go visit them afterward!

Stars Reed Canary Glass: If you're ever finding yourself longing for a taste of the outdoors, but can't muster up the energy to get out of the house then look no further! This is rum and coke with a twist. Now enjoy your favourite rum and coke with reed canary grass shavings! Ahh yes, nature in a glass.

:admirals: The Renninger: This drink is one for the books, it's your choice of alcohol with ecstasy! The Renninger is sure to give you ringing in your ear(s). Try it today!

:admirals: Max Web: Have you ever wanted to be Spider-Man? If so, this is the drink for you. It's a triple shot of tequila!! Why is it so special, you ask? Well, those who have tried this drink have been reported to go seeking spiders to bite them in hopes of becoming Spider-Man. There must be something in the water.
Code:
184 words

TASK THREE:

"Welcome to this year's edition of the Challenge Cup Finals!! Last year, we saw a very riveting series with the Manhattan Rage coming out on top to claim the prestigious award. This season we'll see the Toronto North Stars face off against the Portland Admirals. Both teams have a ton of young starpower. Who will come out on top this season? We have West Kendall Platoon all-star, Bojo Biscuit, in studio to give his thoughts on the series. Hello, Bojo!"

"Can I go home, I really could not care less about this. Go Portland, I guess."

"Well, there you have it! Bojo Biscuit believes the Admirals will defeat the North Stars! Will he be correct? You'll have to stay tuned to find out! Let's drop the puck!"

*Bojo comes back into frame* "If there are any other players out there that wanna play for West Kendall next season, since this is a public broadcast, I'll pay big monies. 7 million for the season, let's make it happen! Learned this from c."
Code:
171 words

TASK FOUR:

Well, let's approach this as a scientist would. We clearly need some sort of reliable grading system. So, I will add the number of goals and assists each player has accumulated thsu far. Then I'll multiply that number by their plus/minus rating. Next, I'll subtract their penalty minutes, since those are detrimental to a team's success. Honestly, stay out of the box, you hooligans. Finally, I'll divide this total by their number of minutes played. But wait, what about goalies? Ah yes, good question. The answer? Screw 'em. Now follow my rubric and that will be my answer for MVP. If you'd like, you can also add number of shots, hits, and shots blocked. These are the intangibles. You need them, and you need players who are willing to do all of these. Of course, remember to include these stats in the division with minutes played. If a player is actually needed for this task, Imma say Reed Laing.
Code:
161 words

TASK FIVE:

"Jacob Renninger, you've played for a terrible, terrible team in juniors. I believe it was, Colorado Mammoths, or something. With your expereiences there, and the struggles you've had with Portland in your first couple seasons in the SHL, why do you think you'll be able to win the Challenge Cup this season? What's changed your luck?" <a href='index.php?showuser=2331' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Shadowz1797</a>

"Reed Laing, why are you a player to watch out for this series? You're still really young and haven't shown much in the past. Are you lying to our faces when you say you're going to make a statement?" <a href='index.php?showuser=32' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>GroupMeIsKindOfOkay</a>

"Kristian Eriksson, you've had minimal success with Team Sweden, and with the North Stars. Over the past fifteen or so seasons, you've won very little. Similar to Renninger, why is this the season your fate will change? Clearly, one of you will be wrong. I think it's you, but please. Let me into that little brain of yours." <a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a>
Code:
153 words
- These questions aren't for real, don't get your panties in a bunch.

TASK SIX:

Please come to my Challenge Cup viewing party! Where: Bojo Biscuit's house! When: Today, hope you got this in time! Time: All day. Dress code: There is none!

Special guests: Tommy Pickles, from Rugrats, Bill Nye the Science Guy, and John Cena.

Events to look forward to: Discuss how climate change isn't real with Bill Nye, build-a-boat tournament, Fight John Cena 4 Change, mini stick tournament.

Hope to see you there!

TASK SEVEN: Create a 'Tale of the Tape' poster between two players of your choice from the finals. Must include renders, player names, team logos, and 5 player statistics.

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S35 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Task 1-It has to be a teammates car? ...Well Teddy Kessler was drafted by Seattle... SOoo I'm sure he has the required Left coast/Seattle/Portland eco friendly Prius. We'll get him loaded so he doesn't notice and then we duct tape the hybrid P.O.S with Admirals logos and a giant Samee fathead sticker then it's hammered in bright yellow/white holiday lights effectively announcing the drivers bandwagon support and limiting the battery life to twenty blocks. Toss the keys to any nearby group of high school girls and there you go...If you stop and ask them for three players names on the Admirals they don't have a clue. It's all about the see me...
[Image: i963489.jpg]

..Also great for the post playoffs Portland Purge night, cause win or lose you know they're gonna to tear some shit up its Portland.

Task 2- Pre Party Arena Drink Menu..

For Portland it's..
The Geronimo (Geronimo Otto) The Geronimo is your basic depth charge super sized a 40 oz. mug of Portland hipster beer either old hipster PBR or new hipster Ranier with a triple shot of bottom shelf cheap bourbon usually Old Crow or Ancient Age. Make sure you yell "GERONIMO!" As you drop it in.Wether winning or losing the price in Portland $17.00 anywhere else $ 4.00

The Sammee slamma (Samee Iqbal) a tuned up Bud Lime-a-rita add 2 fingers of everclear served in a plastic snap together cocktail goblet with a lime slice and a black salted rim. Incredibly salty and the buzz is weak and annoying served in Portland only $17.50

For Toronto it's ..

The Rookie(Chris York) the Rookie is a great tasting easy drink for first timers or rookie drinkers..2 oz of Captain Morgan and 4-5 oz. of a decent Root Beer poured over ice and stirred .easy on the buzz ,enjoy the game. Price in Toronto $12.00 price in Portland $14.00 if losing $16.50 cause it's probably only TO fans ordering them.

The Jesster (Evandrus Jesster) basicly a renamed Cement mixer, which is 1oz shot of Baileys Irish creme held in the mouth add juice from 1/2 a lemon swish like mouthwash and then as it curdles on your teeth and tongue try not to vomit.. If your in the arena smile for the cameras.price in Toronto $16.00 not sold if losing by more than 4 goals as that should be enough to make you puke by itself.

Task 3- Game Day Preview for Game 1 of the Finals.

The SHL S35 Challenge Cup Finals will finally have a truly NEW champion, a 1st time Champion. Trying to end 35 seasons of frustration the Toronto North Stars stand on the brink of ridding themselves of the 'curse'. While their opponent is the Portland Admirals and In Portland they are already feeling optimistic, as they made a strong showing in S34 Challenge Cup finals against Manhattan . One of these teams is going to be taking home their first ever Challenge Cup! It’s definitely history in the making. Portlands playoff leaders are RW Pedro Sarantez , who has scored 9 points in the 9 games played. Admirals Goalie Kyle Wahlgren is stealing the show with a .925 save percentage, and a 2.62 goals against average. Toronto playoff leaders are RW Kristian Eriksson who has 12 points in 9 games played, Jeff Kirkstone is in goal, with a .912 save percentage, and a 2.74 goals against average. Should Kirkstone slip waiting on the bench is the human interest story of the finals back up goalie former Admiral Mark Harter.
Game one of the S35 Challenge Cup is going to be a fire fight! We’ll see the Portland Admirals take on the Toronto North Stars, puck drop is next you're listening to the SHL Finals on the SHBC radio network.
(190+)

Task 5-
First Q for <a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Cynthia</a>
The member of the North stars roster you'd sentimentally like to see score a Cup clinching last second goal in game 7?

Second Q for <a href='index.php?showuser=1269' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Tanner</a>
The first game of the finals and you have the chance to make a statement with a highlight kill shot check..Which Toronto fwd would be your 1st choice?

Third Q for Robb Wind <a href='index.php?showuser=1663' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Winter is Coming</a>
As the history of failure always leaves a shred of doubt..When this season was it that you realized that Toronto had all the elements to be a true contender and not a pretender?

Quote:Originally posted by Phobospwns@Jul 25 2017, 09:19 AM

Next question is for <a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Cynthia</a>.&nbsp; You're coming up against a Portland team who threatened to win it all last year, and who seems to be on quite the roll this season.&nbsp; Do you see your team as coming in as the underdogs, despite besting Portland in the regular season?
I think we're both coming in as underdogs in a way as we broke the expectation of the NEW/CGY finals. Regular season means nothing to me besides making the playoffs. Those 2 games were rivalry games which mean nothing, and playoffs is a different beast entirely.

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Jul 25 2017, 07:25 AM

You were so close last year, Cynthia, but just couldn't finish and ended up getting sent home early. This year you had your revenge on the Wolfpack and now find yourself with a shot at your first cup in franchise history. What are emotions like in the locker room right now?

<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Cynthia</a>
When the group learned that we got past NEW, it was a varying array of emotions from the group. For Raymond, RaIN, Wert and myself it was relief to finally defeat you guys. The core itself right now is basically all new to the NEW/TOR rivalry for the most part but we're all still very excited to slay the ponies.

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

If I were to decorate one of my teammate's cars, it'd have to be Terrence Nova. The guy is an absolute clown in the locker room, so one of of the first things I'd do is put a nice, big red clown nose on the front of his car. A clown needs hair, right? The top of his car would have some ridiculous rainbow colored clown hair, to go with it - red, green, yellow, white and blue. I'd put some colored tape on his wheels - beige and red, classic clown shoe colors. Aside from that, each side window would have the classic Nova chant we hear in every arena - "Nooooooooova" with the rear window having the final word - "SUCKS!" The best part about this? This is exactly what Nova feeds off of, which is evident by his stats in opposition buildings. Go ahead and tell him he sucks, but you'll regret it!

TASK THREE: Write a script for the game day preview for Game One of the Finals. Must be at least 150 words.

Ladies and gentlemen, tonight we have one epic hockey game for you watch: the Portland Admirals face off against the Toronto North Stars in the first of the Championship series. Yes, you may be asking yourself why a team such as Toronto is using the famous North Stars name, rather than its true team, Minnesota - but tonight is not the night for discussion on such a topic. Leading the way for Portland has been Pedro Sarantez, who has put up a fantastic showing; Jackson Cartier has been stellar on the back end, helping with an impressive amount of points. Their keeper, Wahlgren, has been playing out of his mind. Who will they match up against? None other than Kristian Eriksson and Andrey Barbashev, a forward and defenseman who have put up tremendous numbers, willing their team to the Championship game - and don't sleep on Jeff Kirkstone in net! He has played a stellar run of series this year, and will definitely make Portland earn every goal against.

TASK FIVE: Media Day once again! Create three questions, one for three different players in the Challenge Cup and tag them! Playing in the Challenge Cup? Feel free to answer questions for your task or ask three of your own!

- Kyle Wahlgren (<a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Wally</a>) - As a goalie, what are the most difficult challenges you face, and how do you go about preparing for them on a daily basis? What does your training regimen look like?

- Kristian Eriksson (<a href='index.php?showuser=9' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>raymond3000</a>) - You've put up tremendous numbers for your team this post-season - what attributes of your game do you think had the largest impact? What do you feel are your weaknesses, this far into the playoffs, and how will you address them in the future?

- VLAD McZehrl (@Chris-McZerhl) - After such a stellar season last year - one in which many young members of the league looked up to and looked to emulate, your season this year must have felt a little disappointing. What do you think was the cause of the downward trend, and what will you do going into this next season to bring your level back to what it was?

TASK SIX: Create a SHL Challenge Cup viewing party invitation! Must include a list of 3 special guest appearances for your fans and a list of 4 events being held at the viewing party (i.e. Poker Tournament, Bean Bag Tournament, etc.)

Ladies and Gentlemen - our esteemed season ticket holders - the Minnesota Chiefs welcome you to an exciting night of fun and festivities during the first game of the SHL Challenge Cup! Come on down to the arena, present your tickets, and you will be able to join your fellow fans and members of the team to watch the first game of the series on the arena Jumbotron, and take part in several activities with some of your favorite players!

Of note, you will be able to participate in the following events:
- A special brewing demonstration and beer sampling with Halfdan Thorstein and Cam Oullette, two young members of the team with a strong passion for excellent beer. Interested in how the brewing process works? Look no further. Interested in learning more about the various beer styles, and what characteristics define them? Halfdan and Cam will gladly sample several styles of beer and explain what makes each style shine!

- We'll also have a special demonstration by Robert Andersson on the strength and utility of the Volvo commercial class vehicles. Robert will give a live demonstration of what makes his country's main export - Volvo - supreme in the commercial industry. He'll also show how neat he looks with his trucker hat sitting in the driver seat. Special photo opportunity - let your kid sit up there with him for a fantastically fun photograph with Robert!

- Minnesota's favorite Finn, Eero Hämäläinen, will be at station number three to showcase how wonderful Finnish vodka is. This station is 21+ only - no kids allowed! Eero will explain the distillation method, and how multiple filters affect vodka. He'll have a sampling of his own vodka, Finnish vodka, and Russian vodkas, for each of you to develop your own opinion on one of his favorite past times.

- Minnesota's favorite Russian, Yuriy Starkonov, will be directly adjacent to Eero Hämäläinen, attempting to showcase why Russian vodka is better than Finnish vodka. He, too, will explain the methods used in his home country, whilst explaining the nuances of flavor in the distillation method. Which will you choose - Russian, or Finnish vodka? Yuriy, or Eero? We'll collect votes to see, and announce the winner at the end of the game!

[Image: dnlll.gif]

» Update Page | Player Page | My Twitter «
[Image: 2qcdsat.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: 16gwwf9.png]

1. Chris Crutchfield is a going to have the sweetest truck you can imagine. So it's a late 90's Chevy Suburban... The truck is white. On the hood is a giant confederate flag, but it's not alone.. there's also a Keystone Ice logo and a small picture of the Skoal bandit. There's a #3 on each door, obviously hand painted on with black paint. The rear bumper sports the words Lynard Skynard and there's a picture of Ted Nugent engraved into the glass in the rear window. The truck features Kid Rock seat covers, literally just a photo of kid rock trying to look cool. There's a half full Budweiser in the center console and numerous empty cans on the floor of the passenger's side... maybe even a few near the pedals. The ash tray is littered with non-filter Lucky Strikes, most of them smoked right down to the nub. This may explain the orangeish tint to the tips of Crutch's fingers. Inside sits Chris Crutchfield, complete with his Sunday's for the Boy's shirt, ripped jean shorts, and wearing a pair of flip-flops that obviously came from a gas station. Primus' "My Name is Mud" blasts from the stereo as Crutch drinks a bottle of Old Crow whiskey, not even in a brown paper bag and smokes one of his non-filter go-to Lucky Strikes. His hat reads Fuck You.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2005' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>CRUTCHFIELD</a>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Drink Menu

Lainger's Banger

Reed Laing's drink of choice is vodka served with a splash of cranberry juice. Served in a small glass with a shot of everclear lit on fire and dropped in. the drink is traditionally served with a single ice cube and is sure to have you wasted in no time. Several Toronto bars serve these for $1 whenever Laing scores a goal.

Clutch Harter

This is a drink that when acquired is sure to help you come through in clutch situations. It's a little watered down, might not be the flashiest selection on the menu, but that's going to allow you to drink all night long and come out on top in the end. rum served over ice, with a light mint and topped with blue raspberry mix. Yeah kinda weird!

Reeder on the Rocks

This drink contains pretty much every traditional form of liquor.. it's no joke. Not recommended for any amateur or anybody with plans for the next 72 hours or so before ordering one. Many drunken story's in Portland start out with so I ordered a Reeder down by the garden..

Captain Banning

Captain Morgan rum is the base but there's a couple of variations that incorporate different types of alcohol. Commonly served around meals, a lot of times with a piece of bacon, a plain hamburger, and some mashed potato's. Favorite of alcoholics everywhere.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Welcome to Game 1 of the Challenge Cup Finals! Two teams will be matching up, there's only one guarantee, whoever comes out on top this series will be winning their first ever championship!

The Toronto North Stars are the Boston Red Sox of the SHL. Despite numerous superstars passing through the organization, they've never been able to put it all together and take turns skating laps with the cups. Veteran players will be giving their all, players such as star forward Kristian Eriksson and defenseman Toki Wartooth, both have been with the club since S20! Mark Harter would love to win the cup, he's going to be serving as Jeff Kirkstone's back-up. Rookies such as Chris York and Zander Rhys have made a huge impact as rookies. Is this Toronto's year?

The Portland Admirals have built a great core of players and it will for sure be a tough task for Toronto to defeat them. Goaltender Kyle Wahlgren leads the squad, look for players such as Colin Banning, Alex Reed, and Jacob Renniger to potentially step up and be surprise heroes. Defenseman Marc-Andre Malkin and Jackson Cartier will need to play a pivotal role if Portland wants to emerge victorious!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Panthers

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]