Create Account

Portland Appeal

First, I'd like to thank <a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Wally</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=2436' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>galatix</a> for their assistance in this matter.

It is obviously a very serious issue that required a very severe response from the head office.

In examining the evidence (link below), it becomes clear that two things are true:

1. Portland accidentally copied the wrong numbers or went with the wrong numbers when dealing with the contracts of their rookies.

2. Instead of admitting error and rolling with it, <a href='index.php?showuser=2236' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Wally</a> intentionally circumvented the salary cap as a means to correcting their mistake, hoping to not be caught.

https://imgur.com/a/tqkFN

In discussing this with Wally, he admits both to be true.

As such, our decision is rather straight-forward. The following punishments are kept as is:

All rookies affected will have their contracts adjusted to the proper amounts
Szlerchek signing void
LAP gets $500k cap space from POR
Both GMs players suspended for a full season

The following punishments are altered:

Wally and Tweedledunn both removed from GM/Co-GM positions and restricted from pursuing either position for 3 seasons

Cap docked $5M for 2 seasons (starting after the upcoming season)

Portland loses their next two owned first round picks.

In removing one season of cap punishment and one season of lost draft picks, <a href='index.php?showuser=12' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-4'>Leafs4ever</a> and I hope that Portland is not handicapped too harshly in the future, but can understand the need to punish the team to some degree as a result of the actions of their GMs. If the punishment were solely personal, there is less incentive to follow the rules that are in place. By punishing the team in a way that is severe, but not crippling, it is our hope that other GMs will heed this warning and understand that the salary cap is there for a reason and is to not be intentionally circumvented.

Hopefully we can all move forward from this quickly.

Thank you.

Honestly, no joke, this seems like a fair final result.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

"Mistake"

You have to be a certain type of loser to cheat in a simulation hockey league

Quote:Originally posted by Winter is Coming@Aug 13 2017, 09:33 AM
you and mcz would be best friends because you always lick everyones balls

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Winter is Coming@Aug 13 2017, 12:33 PM
I agree. It's still a bit rough but it's definitely surmountable imo. Good job HO Cheers

Looks good to me. I'm glad to see HO recognized the need to reduce the severity of the damage done to the franchise itself and kept the focus on the users who caused the error.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@Aug 13 2017, 07:36 PM

Hmm

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@Aug 13 2017, 12:36 PM

:lol:

I would call BS if the appeal was bad. Ask any GM before the punishment was announced, I was furious and wanted something very harsh.

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

two-faced piece of shit. Legitimately thought everything was an accident but when I heard what actually happened? Fucking hell I was fuming that I believed him. I'm glad I didn't go to Portland now even more than ever.

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Winter is Coming@Aug 13 2017, 09:37 AM

:lol:

I would call BS if the appeal was bad. Ask any GM before the punishment was announced, I was furious and wanted something very harsh.
Yeah whatever. a lot of truth is coming out about Wally. It doesn't seem like he deserves any leniency with his two faced lying to everyone.

sigs by ToeDragon84

Quote:Originally posted by Kevin "Juice" Bieksa@Aug 13 2017, 12:38 PM
two-faced piece of shit. Legitimately thought everything was an accident but when I heard what actually happened? Fucking hell I was fuming that I believed him. I'm glad I didn't go to Portland now even more than ever.
Makes the retirements 10x worse

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@Aug 13 2017, 12:39 PM

Yeah whatever. a lot of truth is coming out about Wally. It doesn't seem like he deserves any leniency with his two faced lying to everyone.
Pretty sure both GM's fired and only one 1st being returned is severe. If they gave back all the picks I would've been critical for sure.

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

then again this is about the team right? not really wally anymore. honestly you should just rebrand portland and give them back their 1st round picks and just punish the shit out of wally and tweedle but im not a genius so

sigs by ToeDragon84

Maybe <a href='index.php?showuser=1263' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>kit</a> is right after all Hmm

Quote:Originally posted by Winter is Coming@Aug 13 2017, 09:41 AM

Pretty sure both GM's fired and only one 1st being returned is severe. If they gave back all the picks I would've been critical for sure.
yeah i don't know this is a really stupid situation that has made me very pissed off for the past couple days. like really pissed off

maybe i'll retire and unretire to prove a shitty point lol

sigs by ToeDragon84