Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Halfway There

- Both the Wolfpack and the Panthers currently sit out of playoff contention. Is this a fluke? What's going wrong with these two teams? Which of the two teams is more likely to pull themselves out of that hole?

In the past, both teams have performed well early on in the season, and struggled during the final quarter or so of the season. Perhaps both teams are getting their rough streaks out of the way earlier than usual. Both teams boast good rosters, and the wins will eventually come for both of them.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

- Both the Wolfpack and the Panthers currently sit out of playoff contention. Is this a fluke? What's going wrong with these two teams? Which of the two teams is more likely to pull themselves out of that hole?

I think that they usually start off the season slow & pick it up down the stretch, I wouldn't count out either team yet! They have had some changes to the line ups & that makes them get used to the chemistry, once that builds up that each team is going to go on a streak! I'm not going to pick a favourite to pull them out of the hole because I think both teams are still going to make playoffs.

[Image: dweaves08.gif]

[Image: lLWfTOT.png]

- So, Calgary. What are they feeding those guys that their goal differential is 34?? Talk about what's going right with the Dragons, and how you think it'll play out in the second half of the season.

It's obvious that they are the best defensive team in the SHL and even strong on offense than ever before because of their depth production. The Dragons are a franchise that is reaping what they sowed, they're taking advantage of their depth in defense and good coaching to dominate the league. They are a possession team that is really hard to control, they have quite a few game breaking players and their whole roster consists of players with defense around 90, which is the elite threshold.

I feel like they are going to keep dominating until the end of the season. It is clear no other team is poised to challange them. They'll continue to grow to the end of the regular season and make smart adjustments in the playoffs when needed, to go on and win the Challange Cup.

Doubt is a dream killer

Good topics this week!

I'm pretty biased on why Calgary is doing so well. I'm just thrilled that after a year of working pretty hard, my player is FINALLY doing something. I'm really excited for that. Esa is just a lovely GM to play for, and he really busts his ass to find AWESOME line combos. Add into the fact that we have some Sim luck on our side, and its been a great year for the Dragons.

As for the Wolfpack/Panthers question, the answer to who is going to rise up is New England. Los Angeles just hasn't been *that* good overall and I fear they've missed their championship window. The other teams in the West are very good, (even you, Seattle) and losing a player like Crutchfield is a killer to a team that may not have been the "best" to begin with. As for New England, I really do think there's an issue within the sim of having "too many" good players. Everyone knows New England is stacked (this coming from a Dragon, i know) but because of that i think its having a negative effect where the sim doesn't really give a team "leader" or two to get most of the offense going. Like with Calgary, we have Randleman, and even though we're stacked as well, he's where the team flows through. New England feels a little bit like there's too many options and it has a shitty effect for the sim. Just my thoughts there. But, if the line chemistry mixes properly, i'd have to say watch out Eastern Conference.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Calgary, for a long time, has long been chalked up as a team that "has to die sometime" because of how many of their star players were vets entering regression, if not already ankle-deep in it. What most of those people never noticed is how well the team was actually building towards the future. Shane Gagner is entering his peak with plenty of TPE to fight off regression moving forward, many of the vets have stayed incredibly active to fight off their own regression, and Joe Kurczewski has undoubtedly made some people regret letting him fall to 12th in the S31 Draft (and have his name misspelled in said draft. Ctrl+c, ctrl+z motherfuckers). Oh, and when Wong finally kicks the bucket, Thaddeus Prince is waiting in the wings. This season is just a perfect storm of their older guys still being really damn good, several of them over 11k TPE, while younger players like Kurczewski are also above the 1k mark.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Both the Wolfpack and the Panthers currently sit out of playoff contention. Is this a fluke? What's going wrong with these two teams? Which of the two teams is more likely to pull themselves out of that hole?
I think it's just STHS being STHS, even good teams with good lines can get unlucky.

Quote:Originally posted by Evok@Aug 27 2017, 02:11 PM

[b]I dont think NEW have to tank to be able to get great players.
sure PB went to Minnesota, but i still believe they were able to get a great draft last season with their 11th and acquiring the 3OA from Seattle. Just need to do some good trade in order to get good picks without needing to tank  :lol:[/b]

You sorta have a point with this. With the cult like mentality that NEW has, I can see those who have left will eventually return in a few seasons time, like PB for example.

- So, Calgary. What are they feeding those guys that their goal differential is 34?? Talk about what's going right with the Dragons, and how you think it'll play out in the second half of the season.

As I have been saying for the past several seasons the Dragons are all juiced up on PEP's (Performance Enhancing Chicken Parms). The Dragons will either continue ride the parm high or they will crash and burn.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

- Out of all the trade pieces that have been moved over the course of this season so far, which player has been the most impactful for their team, and why?

Kirkstone has been the most impact to the Admirals because he's our GM. While our stats have been crummy, I don't think that anyone can deny that <a href='index.php?showuser=2245' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Grapehead</a> has caused a positive change in perception within the league for a team that has become legendary for its scandal. For that, I think the GM trade to get him to the Admirals has made him the most valuable move.

[Image: galatix2.gif]
by @NUCK @QuantumCowboy @engimatic @GLU @FlappyGiraffe @karey

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] l [Image: HuqtOb2.png]

I love goal differential as a stat for a assessing a team's success. The Dragons have a massive goal differential right now and while it may not be sustainable in the minds of many, I think it is. This shows me that the Dragons are an absolute force because they can beat you on both sides of the ice.

I'm shocked to see the wolfpack not currently in a playoff spot, but the panthers record certainly takes the cake. They have some quality players and are certainly competitive enough to do serious damage in the tough western conference, but it just hasn't happened. like at all. Odds are both of these teams will turn it around to some extent, but LA are certainly in a deeper hole. Should be an interesting story line in the 2nd half no doubt.

As for season acquisitions I gotta go with Rudnikova in Edmonton. Since being acquired she's put up some stellar numbers for a rebuilding squad. With 19 games played, 17 in the blue and beige, she leads the league in save percentage with a 0.927 (0.932 with the blizzard) and has managed to stay above 0.500 win percentage (9-8 with the blizzard). Keep it up mel!

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

- Out of all the trade pieces that have been moved over the course of this season so far, which player has been the most impactful for their team, and why?

Definitely Ivan Koroviev has been the most impactful. Since his acquisition with the Minnesota Chiefs, Koro has meshed well with the offensive tactics the team displays. He has 14 points in 13 games. He will continue to be letha as he is playing on the first line with one of the best players in the league in Lord Pretty Flacko

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]