Create Account

Goalie problems

Quote:Originally posted by Steelhead77@Aug 24 2017, 06:02 PM

Poor Wongy, finally puts together a stellar season, gets some luck and people want a goalie scale change. Let him have this lol.

But all kidding aside, I wouldn't say Wongy's build is on par with a 1600tpe player. He has 4 categories at 85, where you have them at 95. He has nothing at 99, where you have three at 99. He also has PS and PH at 50, which is a choice he made so he can have the others higher. Sure he is putting together a strong season because he's following the plan of secondaries around the same level, primaries around the same level and our team is solid plus we've gotten some luck. He has great stats this year, but could easily have gotten boned at the start of the season and had a GAA above 3.00. Which has happened a lot, even when he was 1300tpe. The sim will always do that, regardless of tpe and build.

Again, I get it, but it's not the norm for goalies to have 1600tpe. An 800tpe player is someone who's worked hard and deserves to see solid numbers. We shouldn't make scale changes based on how it effects 1400-1600tpe goalies because those are not the norm in the league. Making it harder for a normal or casual player to have an effective goalie will only make it less likely and fun for someone to create a goalie imo. Only the super active tpe maniacs will create goalies.

If we start making 700-800tpe goalies not capable of starting for an SHL team, we won't be helping the position imo. People will lose interest because they will never be good enough to start.

In reality an SHL starter should be able to put together a solid season at 800-1000 tpe, which is about what we see now. Yeah the difference in performance is not that big with 1600tpe players, but it never will be because of the randomness of the sim.

My back up Richard C Hocolate is a good example, a casual active player who's been working consistently since we drafted him in S29. That's 8 seasons, 9 including juniors that he's been working on his goalie. He's finally around 800tpe and capable of being a decent SHL starter. An update scale would never allow active casual players like this to reach starter level in the SHL. Which means only the highest tpe earners would be able to make goalies if we had an update scale change.

I think the only thing a scale change would do, is help the highest of tpe goalies use more of their tpe. It would not change anything in goalie performance imo and would negatively effect the people creating goalies and the time it took to make a capable SHL starter.

Also I think McFadden should just stop earning tpe, spend the training money on chicken parms and dates with the league's hottest ice girls. Wink

But what if Chocolate was a skater, he would never have been a decent player. Every other position needs at least 1000 tpe to make a good player. But the goalie position is essentially saying, here is where you can be semi active and be successful, if ur active, dont be a goalie.

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Aug 24 2017, 05:09 PM

But what if Chocolate was a skater, he would never have been a decent player. Every other position needs at least 1000 tpe to make a good player. But the goalie position is essentially saying, here is where you can be semi active and be successful, if ur active, dont be a goalie.

I get it, but we see 800tpe skaters be effective, that's more dependent on their team, their minutes, build, etc. I think an 800tpe player should be able to put up decent numbers in the SHL, that's a lot of work and tpe earning regardless of position. We have to remember that not everyone is going to be like us and earn 1600+tpe. The normal casual player needs to be rewarded also.

I remember back when Esa was 1800+tpe, there where guys with half as much tpe outscoring me. It's just how it goes. They even changed the update scale and I think it still happened. A lot of variables involved obviously, but I'd be concerned in trying to make a change to goalies, where I think it's working pretty well for the most part. McFadden is the most skilled goalie in the league and he's having one of the best seasons. Which is good to see.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Quote:Originally posted by Steelhead77@Aug 24 2017, 06:35 PM

I get it, but we see 800tpe skaters be effective, that's more dependent on their team, their minutes, build, etc. I think an 800tpe player should be able to put up decent numbers in the SHL, that's a lot of work and tpe earning regardless of position. We have to remember that not everyone is going to be like us and earn 1600+tpe. The normal casual player needs to be rewarded also.

I remember back when Esa was 1800+tpe, there where guys with half as much tpe outscoring me. It's just how it goes. They even changed the update scale and I think it still happened. A lot of variables involved obviously, but I'd be concerned in trying to make a change to goalies, where I think it's working pretty well for the most part. McFadden is the most skilled goalie in the league and he's having one of the best seasons. Which is good to see.

I agree with everything you say, an 800 TPE player should be effective in some scenarios, but I think the way they are easily effective right now in the goaltending position is a problem. Wong would probably still be able to be a starter for the Dragons with the normal update scale used by skaters, but the Dragons would probably not be as strong because their goalie would be inferior to others. Imagine Montreal or Columbus without Price or Brobrovsky, they would probably still be a decent team, but definitely not as good as they are now. Where as a team like Dallas would probably be elite if they didnt have 2 mediocre goalies last season.

I find there's not much value in goalies right now, because it's easy to become elite. an 800 TPE goalie is basically an 81-82 overall, when the best goalies possible is 87-88. It's not a big enough difference.

Deezy, you will be a top goalie for way longer than everyone else because of TPE levels. Sure, Wagner might become elite with like 800 TPE, but it will be short lived because people like me who aren't going to TPE whore won't be able to fight regression like you and others can.

So while all the semi-actives start to die out, you'll continue to be the best of the best.

Semi active goalies are basically flashes in the pan. They'll be good short term, but not long term.

And also, I really don't understand why people want to make everything in this league fucking difficult. It was never supposed to take being a Gotdamn whore to be good.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

We could go the other way and make everyone back to the goalie scale, but move the starting level down to 40 for everyone.

This has been a Stupid c Idea ©.

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Aug 25 2017, 05:18 PM
We could go the other way and make everyone back to the goalie scale, but move the starting level down to 40 for everyone.

This has been a Stupid c Idea ©.

How are you a GM

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

08-22-2017, 05:58 PMAbdeezy Wrote: Many people, especially goalies, seem to find the sim is way too random and a goalie with 800 tpe can perform better than a 1.6k tpe goalie as long as ges got a good team in front of him. Also, a weak goalie doesnt seem to hinder astrong team, nor does a great goalie improve a crappy team much.

I feel like the main issue is that a goalie needs very little TPE to start getting his main attributes in the 90s. Lets take Wong for example, one of the worst goalies TPE wise, but check out what his 800~ tpe build gives him

SK = Skating: 85
EN = Endurance: 85
DU = Durability: 50
SZ = Size: 85
AG = Agility: 85
RB = Rebound Control: 95
SC = Style Control: 95
HS = Hand Speed: 96
RT = Reaction Time: 96
PH = Puck Handling: 50
PS = Penalty Shot: 50

Pretty damn solid.

My suggestion is to put the harsher update scale that we have on skaters, on goalies as well. I know it was done this way to make the much needed position more attractive, but why not just up the number of seasons it takes to start regression?

Make the update scale the same for players and goalies, but make goalies start regressing after 15 seasons instead of 10.

This makes it more realistic, younger goalies or not active enough goalies will hinder their team while a strong goalie will be in demand. And goalies in real life last longer, so regression starting later brings it closer to reality.

Ive been maxed out for like 3 seasons now, just building the bank over 400 tpe, meanwhile all the younger goalies are edging closer to me in the sim, while i just bank for regression.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

03-03-2020, 12:17 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-22-2017, 05:58 PMAbdeezy Wrote: Many people, especially goalies, seem to find the sim is way too random and a goalie with 800 tpe can perform better than a 1.6k tpe goalie as long as ges got a good team in front of him. Also, a weak goalie doesnt seem to hinder astrong team, nor does a great goalie improve a crappy team much.

I feel like the main issue is that a goalie needs very little TPE to start getting his main attributes in the 90s. Lets take Wong for example, one of the worst goalies TPE wise, but check out what his 800~ tpe build gives him

Pretty damn solid.

My suggestion is to put the harsher update scale that we have on skaters, on goalies as well. I know it was done this way to make the much needed position more attractive, but why not just up the number of seasons it takes to start regression?

Make the update scale the same for players and goalies, but make goalies start regressing after 15 seasons instead of 10.

This makes it more realistic, younger goalies or not active enough goalies will hinder their team while a strong goalie will be in demand. And goalies in real life last longer, so regression starting later brings it closer to reality.

Ive been maxed out for like 3 seasons now, just building the bank over 400 tpe, meanwhile all the younger goalies are edging closer to me in the sim, while i just bank for regression.

All goailes might be "better than nhl goalies" moving forward, but at least they will have attributes that separate the best guys from an 800 TPE guy. I feel for you guys.

08-22-2017, 05:58 PMAbdeezy Wrote: I feel like the main issue is that a goalie needs very little TPE to start getting his main attributes in the 90s. Lets take Wong for example, one of the worst goalies TPE wise, but check out what his 800~ tpe build gives him

This is actually an inefficient STHS build too. Endurance has no effect on goalie performance when injuries are disabled.

03-03-2020, 12:32 PMgrok Wrote:
08-22-2017, 05:58 PMAbdeezy Wrote: I feel like the main issue is that a goalie needs very little TPE to start getting his main attributes in the 90s. Lets take Wong for example, one of the worst goalies TPE wise, but check out what his 800~ tpe build gives him

This is actually an inefficient STHS build too. Endurance has no effect on goalie performance when injuries are disabled.

Hi grok!

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]