Create Account

S36 Championship Week

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Championship Week is back as the Renegades take on the Wolfpack in the Challenge Cup Final!

Each of the following tasks will be worth 3 uncapped TPE. You can do a maximum of FOUR tasks for a total of TWELVE uncapped TPE. Feel free to do more than four, but you won't get the credit for anything over four.

[Note: All tasks that are not team-specific can be written/designed for either the SHL or the SMJHL playoffs.]

Code:
TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.

TASK FIVE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.

TASK SEVEN: Design a team-branded kid's toy to give away at Game 1 of the finals! Submission must include an image recognizable as a toy and a team logo.

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S36 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

Deadline: September 28, 7PM EST

Grading deadline: October 1, 7PM EST

If you have any questions, please refer to the PT rubric or PM me directly.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Task 1: If I were to coach any team in the playoffs currently, it'd be the Detroit Falcons.. For lines, I'd want to keep what's working working, but if I was forced to switch them up. Here is what I'd do. I'm big into spreading the studs around, rather than stacking one line. My first line would be Michael Walker - Mathias Victorsson - Jurgis Bulota. puts the stud in Michael Walker who was an elite goal score all season on that top line. You also got Victorsson who is as well a great scorer as proven before. Then you get the rookie playmaker and Bulota who can be in charge of feeding those two scorers. The top line defense would be Karl Heifeweizen - Ryan Richter. This is for the complimenting playstyles in a shooting dman with a passing dman. Goaltending would be top star Evgeni Marmaladov. The final product would be the following:

Michael Walker - Mathias Victorsson - Jurgis Bulota
Kevin Marks - Maurizio Arrivabene - Vinjaputan Singh
Francesco Belluci - Timmy Barlow - Tommy Barlow
Alexander McKinley - Tommy McMahon - Vinjaputan Singh

Karl Heifeweizen - Ryan Richter
Ben Turska - Ryan Strathaim
Dwong Ho - Hans Oldrich
Ben Turska - Karl Heifeweizen

Evgenii Marmaladov
Blowjob Jesus Jr.

Task 2: My unsung hero so far of the playoffs would have to be defenseman Ben Turska. This man hasn't been too much help on the offensive side of things, but he is doing great defensively. He has done everything right in his own zone. For points, he has a decent amount with 5 in 10 games. That includes one goal and four assists, but this is where he really stands out. For one he is a +2 showing that he has been holding his own along with his linemate. Two very big stats to keep an eye out are hits and shot blocks. He leads the playoffs in shot blocks with 15. When it comes to hitting, he is third in the league, second defenseman in the league along with teammate Dwong Ho in hits with 18. This man has been a great defensive force which is very important to be holding the team on his back defensively with all the insane offensive talent that the Detroit Falcons contain.

Task 3: When it comes to New England vs. Texas. This series is going to be between two teams who aren't too familiar with each other. They'll be a feeling out process, but when it comes to it. It's Texas's phenomenal defense and top heavy offense vs. New England's solid offense and great defense. To me, for Texas to win, they have to keep New England to a limited amount of shots and Georgette Pel has to play like the best goalie. Texax's stingy defense is a big reason for past team success and especially this playoff run. Their defense makes every opposing team frustrated and worked out every shift with how good defensively they are. On top of that, Texas will have to keep up with New England's offense. Their defense as shown can help on the offense a lot. Top goal scorers such as Geoffrey Allen, Jack Durden, and Conklin Owen have to solve New England's stiff defense as well. If Texas can maintain their good defense along with that explosive offense show in round 2, they're set. On the other side of the gate, the New England Wolfpack. A team who is great in every sense of the word. Something they have similar to Texas is a very stingy defense. They have Jasper Clayton, Mia Landvik, and Toivo Kosonen as their top guns. They won't be easy to create offense against like it was against Calgary. Behind them, they got Morenov and Hohenberg who are very good as well. However, they probably won't win a defensive battle with Texas. In order for New England to win. They have to score on the Texas Renegades. They have to solve that stiff defense along with a good goaltender in Pel. They figured out how to score on a pretty good defensive team in Minnesota, but Texas is a different animal. Texas with 5 1000+ defenseman with all great defensive abilities. New England will how to show through bright on the offense. My bet is Texas as their defense is just too good in my opinion. It'll be a close series, but that's my prediction. A bit of a bold prediction is that every game is a one goal game.

Task 4: With a charity event, it'd have to be two teams, and it'd have to be from the PGF - Halifax series. Three players from Halifax would have to be Cody Fletcher, Eric Pelletier, and Jordin Fourfour Jr. Three players from the Prince George Firebirds would be Oliver Konig, Zemgus Nylander, and Artom Zhumbayev. The charity would be called "Global Skate Foundation." This charity would be any challenged people with a love for hockey and the SHL will be skating with their favorite superstars as mentioned above. The Prince George Firebirds would pimp out the arena, as the Halifax Raiders would be pimping out the entrances as well as the meet and greet in the Firebirds locker room. Throughout the day, they'll be a meet and greet where all these kids get to tell their stories to each of the players. There was a total of 12 kids. Throughout the day, they got to skate, play hockey scrimages with all of the players, and the main event way the all mighty relay race. It'd be a race based off time. Each skater would skate around the rink and then pass the hockey stick to the next person. The teams would consist of one SMHJL star along with two kids. The charity event was a massive success. The results of the relay race came in, and the winners are the team named "Team South"which consisted of Oliver Konig, and his two teammates: Charlie Gwennberg and James Muerto (both battling leukemia). This made everyone's day and was a total hit.

Dis was fun.

TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

If I was the coach of the Winnipeg Jets I would have swapped wingers Zach Evans and Corey Bearss around on the first and second lines. Bearss is a little more defensive than Evans which could have been a saviour when the Jets were taking on the Texas Renegades. Bearss is also very familiar with Adam Kaiser, as they grew up playing together and he knows how to shut him down and get under his skin on the ice.

This would have also opened up Evans to do what he does best, score. Possibly a little more often as he wouldn't be lining up against Texas' best night in and out. Would this have been enough to get the Jets out of the second round? I guess we will never know.

This is one simple change that I would have made as coach of the Jets but then again I am not the coach and there is probably pretty good reason that I am not.

165 words

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

Conklin Owen wins my vote for the unsung hero of the S36 Challenge Cup playoffs. Owen quietly cemented himself as a legitimate scoring threat this season and his 2 goals and 2 assists in the final game of the playoffs was the perfect and most fitting end to his and the Renegades season.

Owen wasn't playing top line minutes and didn't have the most skilled line mates but that didn't stop the speedy sniper one bit. Every time he stepped on the ice he was an aggressive attacker that other teams had trouble shutting down. His wrist shot must have given more than one goalie nightmares after the games. Conklin Owen is still young and his potential seems sky high right now, he will be a staple of Texas' offence for seasons to come.

These are just a few of the reasons why Conklin Owen deserves to be crowned unsung hero

151 words

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.

The Texas Renegades have the edge in the S36 Challenge Cup Finals and one of the main reasons they have the edge is momentum.

The Renegades enter this series on a 8 game winning streak and adrenaline pumping. The Renegades are firing on all cylinders right now with no signs of letting up. The New England Wolfpack are going to be on their heels from puck drop in game one. If they can find a way to smother this momentum they have a chance but even without the momentum these teams are fairly evenly matched, but you could give a slight edge in depth to the Texas Renegades

These teams are rivals and no matter what happens this should be a heated and very exciting series between these two clubs. It's not often that teams with this sort of rivalry meet in the finals even though this rivalry had faded a bit in recent years.

155 words

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.

The Texas Renegades and Winnipeg Jets are teaming up this offseason to bring you "The Answer for Cancer" a game show where all the proceeds will be going to the Cancer Foundation of North America.

Adam Kaiser and Corey Bearss are "team captains" facing off in a trivia match where each question answered correctly will result in the other team making a $5000 donation in the others name. Because this game show is by very intelligent hockey players, there will be a $50,000 reserve in case not enough questions are answered correctly.

This will take place on Saturday night at the MTS centre in Winnipeg at 8pm sharp. If you'd like to come and watch your favourite players duel in this trivia match, you can get a ticket by proof of a $5 donation to the CFoNA. Kaiser will be joined by Geoffrey Allen and Rick James while Bearss will have Zach Evans and Jason Visser by his side

159 words

[Image: 8JCRM8t.png]

[Image: WcWOM9B.png]

[Image: EJk4XQc.png]

[Image: KrlD8m7.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

TASK ONE:

Alex Mack is an incredible coach, he's a coach of women in the sack mostly, but he knows a thing or two about hockey. If the amazing Esa ever gave him the chance to coach the Dragons who knows how good we'd be, probably even better than we are now. The first thing I'd do is have hand jobs mandatory by our ice girls in between periods, that'd keep everyone happy and relaxed, but let's get down to brass tax here. Lines.

Mack--Esa--Joe
Randleman--Jagr--Pedersen
Gagner--Mack--Laflamme

Boychuk--O'Reilly
Hunky--Pergher
Goody--Hill

Mack to line 1 because he's the greatest, he plays with Esa and the new guy who's last name I can't spell or pronounce, but he's pretty good. Randleman is great but he plays behind Mack with Jagr and Pedersen, a lot of groin touching on that line. Gagner is also great but he plays 3rd line with me again because I'm the best and Laflamme because he likes to shoot and has fire in his name. Defense is normal, best player on best lines.

TASK THREE:

Alex Mack knows a lot about having the edge, he has the edge in all situations in his life, especially with women and hockey. It's amazing he's not in the finals but if he had to choose a team who has the edge in the challenge cup he'd pick New England. The wolfpack have experience, they've been to the finals many times, those pricks beat us once I think and won 3 times total with roughly the same team. They know how to win when everything is on the worlds biggest stage. Players like Jasper Clayton and their goalie Mike Laukkanen will give them the edge in this series. Experience on the biggest stage is what matters in the championship. Trust me I've won Playoff MVP in S27, I did it because I have experience and not just with women. Texas will be a tough team to beat but New England's experience gives them an edge in this game.

TASK SEVEN

[Image: poops.jpg]

TASK EIGHT

[Image: poopoo2.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

TASK ONE: Line Changes

This one isn’t terribly hard to figure out. Calgary’s line-building has been in contention for a while now, but it’s a shame to see that Calgary brought up two solid TPE earners from juniors in Mike Izzy and Chuck Goody Jr. and didn’t make the best use of them that they possibly could. Guys like Randleman and O’Reilly were running 50% of the time during these games, where Izzy and Goody Jr. could have been making a difference as young talents and giving rest to an older group of players than most. If I’m running lines (structured as LW-C-RW)…

Nicholas Pedersen - Randy Randleman - Joe Kurczewski 35%
Pierre-Luc Laflamme - Shane Gagner - Esa Anrikkanen 30%
Mike Izzy - Alex Mack - Schnitinfritz Jagr 30%
Alex Mack - Randy Randleman - Joe Kurczewski 5%

Michael Boychuk - Connor O’Reilly 35%
Hunky Monkey - Fernando Pergher 35%
Chuck Goody Jr. - Jaime Hill 25%
Michael Boychuk - Jaime Hill 5%

It isn’t hard, I think, to see that this adds enough depth that Calgary may have been able to hold on longer than they did in this run. They had every opportunity to pull out lines that would make use of their call ups, and ultimately, it’s disappointing that they didn’t do as much with these kids as would’ve been nice.

<div align="center">----------</div>

TASK TWO: Unsung Hero

Honestly, this one has to go to the Texas Renegades’ very own Zanarkand Abes. Averaging just over 13 minutes per game, the kid has gone wild for Texas and been one of the shining examples of just how important depth players can be. At 4-4-8 to close out the playoffs (none of which came on the power play) and sitting at just under an 18% shooting average, Abes was one of the stabilizers for the Texas third line, especially in a team that has heavy shooters in the top six. Having someone with the depth and hockey sense that Abes has in a bottom six role is an easy and effective way to not only push that particular player past his threshold but also to set a pacemaker for the rest of the bottom six. Between Horvat and Bent, who went 2-5-7 and 2-3-5 respectively, it isn’t hard to see Abes’ influence on the people around him. That pacemaking and stability that he offers is a huge part of the reason why he’s my unsung hero of the playoffs.

TASK THREE: New England or Texas?

From a purely biased standpoint, I think New England has the edge, if only because I took them in my bracket. But, on paper, it definitely looks to be a fairly even matchup between two teams who seem to have opposite strengths. New England has one of the most solid back ends in the league--it’s no secret that their D corps is a force to be reckoned with and, as they’ve proven over the last few seasons, there’s very few teams that can match up to the sheer skill of New England’s defence.

On the other hand, Texas has shooters, and a lot of them. Jack Durden, Geoffrey Allen, Conklin Owen--and that’s only a few, there’s plenty more than could be mentioned. If anything is going to propel the Renegades past the Wolfpack, it’s going to their shooting ability. These guys just have a knack for putting the puck in the back of the net, and the only way to break down a solid defence is to make their job incredibly difficult. And Texas can do just that.

TASK FOUR: Charity Event!

In an effort to help those affected by the recent string of hurricanes, the SHL is teaming up with the Texas Renegades and the New England Wolfpack for a charity game of golf. Golf is the number one pastime for players eliminated from contention as well as those who’ve just come off the ice from finals, and in the spirit of good competition, we’re doing a doubles tournament! Twelve players, six from Texas and six from New England, will split off into teams of two and compete for the best score across three days of blood-pumping golfing, with the first place prize each day being a million dollar donation to the Red Cross and Hurricane relief funds. Two days into the competition, two Wolfpack doubles have managed to win the days, and going into the third, it looks like the Renegades will take all top three places--a clean sweep during the final day of the tournament! Tickets are available through your preferred ticketing service for a low, low fifteen dollars per, with ticket sales being donated directly to Hurricane relief efforts.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

1 Jonathan Lundberg Trevor Wilson Theo Kane
2 Samee Iqbal (941) Kyle Kylrad Jed Lloren
3 Kian Hamilton (1128) Cory Knouse Mercer Church (431)
4 Kian Hamilton Cory Knouse Teemu Sirius

1 Randy Randleman Nicholas Pedersen Joe Kurczewski
2 Shane Gagner Alex Mack Esa Anrikkanen
3 Randy Randleman (1791) Pierre-Luc Laflamme (980) Schnitinfritz Jagr (1139)

The Calgary/Seattle series was a 7 game dogfight which needed an Alex Mack overtime goal to win it for the Dragons. Seattle played a great series and its hard to 2nd guess a move.. but during the series i noticed a rather big strategical move by seattle which had me curious.. After 4 games this series was deadlocked at 2 games and as even as can be... from my standpoint there wasnt a need for any major changes on either side at that point.. both squads were doing what they were sopposed to be doing on the ice.. but Seattle moved rookie call up Mercer Church who they had initialy inserted into their 4th line and was getting about 7-9 min per game up to their 3rd line which was receiving a healthy 30% ice team. Now i understand the SIM appreciates more then just TPE numbers but at this stage of the game how line unity would work on a major change was anyones guess... Facts were Churchs TPE was 431 making him 500 less points then the player he was lining up against for his 18 min per game moving forward. To compensate for Churches move they brought Kian Hamilton and his 1128 TPE down from the 2nd line.. this may have added a bit more firepower to line 3 but that also meant Iqbal moving up to take Hamiltons 2nd line slot... Samee being more then 200 TPE less than Hamilton. Im not sure what the actual thinking was for Seattle in doing this... but the 2nd line got weaker and the 3rd line got weaker with a glaring mismatch to exploit.

Church played well... Even scored a goal.... hats off to Seattle for showing trust in there rookie and getting him important minutes.. but against the Dragons.. feel good stories should have waited until after the series ..this was a team throwing out 3 lines of 1000+ players and if you want to beat them you have to fight fire with fire... turns out that Alex mack scored the OT winner... a 2nd line player.. who knows if those changes played a part in his game winner.

My unsung hero of the S36 playoffs thus far goes to Texas Renegade D-Man Winston Windsor (<a href='index.php?showuser=1654' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-66'>Allegiant</a>). On a team with lots of high profile players, Windsors persona is quiet.. but he plays an intricle part in the Renegades success with his reliable, consistant production from the back end which has carried into the playoffs where he boats 12 points and 20 blocks in just 10 post season games. Texas is a strong team, still sweeping the Calgary Dragons is no small feat.. and if there was 1 area wherethe pundits can point to the advantage Texas had.. it was in there defense and more importantly the reliability of that unit which they used to their advantage. Take a look at Windsors 4 games against the Dragons.. having a player this reliable for this type of production on a defensive unit is a major asset to a championship run.

2A, +2, 3B
1A, +1, 1B
2A, +3, 1B
2A, -2, 3B

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo. <a href='index.php?showuser=512' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>Green</a>

[Image: WCa91ou.jpg]

TASK SEVEN: Design a team-branded kid's toy to give away at Game 1 of the finals! Submission must include an image recognizable as a toy and a team logo.

[Image: zxhDf2f.jpg]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

TASK FIVE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

[Image: lines.jpg]

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.

[Image: card.jpg]

[Image: 31_DS55_GVd_HL_SY355.jpg]

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S36 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: banner12.jpg]

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

[Image: icL0dFw.png]

[Image: vl6TL4f.png]

[Image: X0ChMxI.png]

[Image: 5AVwxAo.png]

This one should be easy. The Calgary Dragons had two players of decent enough TPE to be useful in depth roles that were ultimately ignored for the most part during the playoffs. Knights players Mike Izzy and Chuck Goody Jr. were with the Dragons during their run and could have both slotted in to give an aging team some rest on the back end (to prevent them from running close to 6 players at 50%). Here's what that might have looked like:

Randy Randleman - Nicholas Pedersen - Joe Kurczewski 30%
Shane Gagner - Pierre-Luc Laflamme - Esa Anrikkanen 30%
Alex Mack - Mike Izzy - Schnitinfritz Jagr 30%
Alex Mack - Randy Randleman - Esa Anrikkanen 10%

Michael Boychuk - Connor O'Reilly 35%
Hunky Monkey - Fernando Pergher 35%
Chuck Goody Jr. - Jaime Hill 25%
Hunky Monkey - Michael Boychuk 5%

These lines allow for the Dragons to play with more depth and versatility, unlike what ended up happening. This lineup might have retired the Riot in less than 7 and actually taken a game from the Renegades, neither of which the Dragons ended up doing this season.

Again, there's only one real answer here and it's Zanarkand Abes of the Texas Renegades. Playing 13 minutes a game, none of which were on the advantage for his team (or, for that matter, on the penalty kill), Abes has been registering over a point per 20 minutes played and a staggering 18.75% shooting percentage. Having someone like him in a depth role on a team that is heavily reliant on their top 6 makes things easier for everyone. The 3rd line in general in Texas has to be one of the better managed lines in the SHL through the playoffs, with Horvat being a close second, if not the same level of hero providing more hits to make up for a point less in the palyoffs than Abes. On the other end of the finals, Lukas Johnson has better point totals and shots blocked, but he's playing more than the Renegades 3rd line, and I think that disqualifies him for Unsung Hero.

The Renegades are making their long-awaited comeback to the Cup since S21, and it's because of their star talent taking over games for them. The ReneGod culture is that the LR has always been an amalgamation of personalities that fit together in an unconventional family way, and someone just has to grab the team by the balls and ride it to a win. While the Wolfpack live and die by the herd, Renegades take matters into their own hands, and it shows in their record in one type of scenario. When a Renegade scores 3 points in a game, the ReneGods are 4-0. That a 100% win rate when they take a game by storm, whether it's Geoffrey Allen potting a hatty or Vliddy running the offense from the blue line, and the ReneGods need that sort of dominance to take out the Wolfpack. New England's defense of the many can only be beaten by the immense fire of the few in Texas.

The best part of the postseason is seeing the rest of the SHL in full form on the golf course. Premiere golfing technique is seen during this time, and the SHL came up with the perfect charity event to last the length of the playoffs. Once a team is eliminated from the playoffs, their 4 best golfers go up against the other foursomes of the other eliminated teams to play a 50/50 pot tournament. Every day there's a game in the playoffs, the foursomes play a quick 9 holes at $5000 per player per hole, and the winning foursome splits 50% of the pot with the SHL's charity for at-risk teens learning hockey skills and teamwork through the SMJHL's development program. So far, the Riot have taken home one pot off a chip-in from the rough by defender Caelan Fearghal, the Stampede won a pot from an insane eagle shot over water by Casey Holmes, and the Dragons won the 3 pots up for grabs after they were swept in the 2nd round. So far, $2.52M has been raised for the charity, a valiant effort by those teams that were eliminated.

TASK TWO:
My choice for S36 playoff unsung hero is Veteran defensemen Winston Windsor from the Texas Renegades. Texas recently acquired him in a trade from the Edmonton Blizzard. So far in the first two rounds played the defensemen has put up 2 goals and 10 assists in 10 games played, on a side note both of the goals he has put up have been Game Winning Goals! He is currently sitting in 2nd for most assists and also in 2nd for points among defenders so far this post season. Windsor has 20 shots blocked and has been playing high minutes in both the pp and the pk. In my opinion he is a major factor in Texas advancing to the finals but names like Durden, Allen and Vader seem to outshine this elite defender, I think everyone will know his name after the performances he has put up this post season. If he continues to produce points and contribute on the back end I can see Texas having no problem capturing the Challenge cup this season. (175)

TASK THREE:
In my opinion I think the Texas Renegades have what it takes to win the Challenge Cup, they have a really strong offensive group with veterans like Allen, Owen and Durden and their defense is really solid with veterans Vader and Windsor and upcoming superstar Kaiser. And of course their goalie who has been playing like a brick wall Georgette Pel standing tall for her team. I believe she will be the reason Texas will win over New England. The goaltender on both teams are absolutely incredible but the stats and the wins she has been posting this offseason will be one of the biggest factors in winning. Many people didn’t have Texas as the team to win as they had to go through the Calgary Dragons who were on top of the entire league all season. So it would be really cool to see them win the much deserved challenge cup. Don’t get me wrong the New England Wolfpack have a very deep roster but I ultimately believe the Renegades have it this season. (175)

TASK FOUR:
There will be a charity event held immediately after the Vancouver Whalers and Halifax Raiders morning game. The events name is Bennett’s Wildfire Foundations and the money raised will be used to help the firefighters gain control of the forest fires all along the BC border and for relief for the families who have been evacuated from their homes and will allow the foundation to provide cots and blankets to those in need. This summer you may have noticed the amount of smoke in British Columbia and the Whalers have been doing a lot of volunteer work to help their communities. Sophia Bennett, Angelo Odjick and Inari Twain have teamed up with Cody Fletcher, Chippy Chicklets and Chris Smulander to host this charity event, there will be a bunch of stations set up outside the rink including a dunk tank where fans will pay a donation to throw towards the tank sending some of their favorite players in the tank. Also there will be pie throwing where you pay $5 to throw a pie at the player of your choice face. All proceeds from this event will go directly to Bennett’s Wildfire Foundation. (192)

TASK FIVE:
[Image: HsZFN2x.png]

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

I'd like to choose calgary because they got swept in the playoffs being the top favourite. He are my lines in the format LW-C-RW

Shane Gagner-Randy Randleman-Joe Kurczewsk
Nicholas Pedersen-Alex Mack-Esa Anrikkanen
Pierre-Luc Laflamme -Randy Randleman-Schnitinfritz Jagr
Mike Izzy-Shane Gagner-Taro Eichelele

Lets start off with the forward core. This is clearly better lines than the current lines because i'm a genius. The 1st line consists of elite players. Gagner and Randlemen together is cheating because both playing together would be an automatic win. And Kurczewsk with them makes it even better. That 1st line is lit. The 2nd line is great too. It consists of an elite goal scorer in Anrikkanen and 2 elite passers in Pedersen and Mack. That'll for sure make it the best top 6 in the league. The 3rd line has great set up guys. With speed, skill and shooting. The 3rd looks great with Randleman too. The 4th line is a young line with Izzy making his SHL Debut and had a great junior career and Gagner and Eichelele who are great too. That forwards lines is better than the current ones.

Michael Boychuk-Hunky Monkey
Connor O'Reilly-Fernando Pergher
Chuck Goody Jr.-Jaime Hill
Chuck Goody Jr.-Jaime Hill

Its basically like the current one but the rookie is added. They have a pretty good defense core and their goalie who is Hunter Wong who's the best goalie in the league. With these lines, idk how this team wouldn't win the cup.

Code:
244 words

The unsung hero for this S36 Playoffs goes to none other than Vasily Horvat. Don't call me crazy. He's only playing 13 minutes a game and guess what, he has 6 points in 10 games which is better than other and other enforcers. He's only taken 10 PIM and making sure he doesn't take stupid penalties though he's suppose to do it but he wants that cup. He has a shooting percentage more than 15 and he's a very good defensive forward. Every team that wins the cup has a player who has GRIT PHYSICAL LEADERSHIP and Horvat is that. He had 29 hits and that's insane since playing 13 minutes a game. Averaging more than 2 hits a game. He has a role for himself and that is to protect his team and make sure everything goes good and that is win. He's a valuable player and not just a dump, just like he won cups in Kelowna, he wants to do the same up in the pro with Texas and get a chance to touch the Challenhe cup.

Code:
180 words

Texas has the edge in my opinion. The fact that they have an edge on is their offense. Their offense is better than the wolfpack's offense. They have great chemistry especially between Durden and Allen. They can create chances and get their team to the right direction. They have a great offense core and not just the top 6 but the depth too. They have an enforcer which every cup contending team needs. They have a great defense core led by Kaiser and others and great goaltending. Not clearly better than Laukkanen but can have clutch games. He's on a streak for consecutive games won since game 3 of round 1. He's on a streak and will continue in the finals. NEW has a chance too since they have experiences in the finals but Texas has the advantage of being the better team especially sweeping Calgary which was never expected. This is Texas's chance.

Code:
154 words

[Image: nP0JTV2QSCmoXQIORz14gA.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Code:
[Image: 37297605736_a47fc9553d_b.jpg]

Code:
[Image: 36635472694_cc77121869.jpg]

Code:
[Image: 36635307194_da58ea10d1_b.jpg]

Code:
[Image: 37169236226_4d12ef4cd1_b.jpg]

[Image: Jepox.gif]

TASK FIVE

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

TASK SIX:

[Image: Xander_bly.jpg]

TASK SEVEN:

[Image: german-executioner-medieval-sword-darksw...1349-2.jpg]

its texas after all. you're lucky i didnt smack a renegades logo on a gun.

TASK EIGHT:

[Image: p04hp0ns.jpg]

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

TASK ONE (202 words)
Colorado’s lines look really, really stale. Let’s fix those up, shall we? We start with the first line of Finn Larsson at center, Daedric Heikennin on the left wing, and Vratislav Zbyněk on the right. This would be the one line that I would keep together. Throughout the Mammoths’ short playoff run, this line seemed to definitely be the most consistent, putting up points game after game. The second line features a combination of center Dean Youngblood, left winger Alexander Zajac, and right winger Wolf Von Hammersmark. Throughout the regular season, Colorado’s head coach would cycle Zajac between center and left wing. The only forseeable change for this line would be to switch Youngblood and Zajac. While Alex didn’t take too many faceoffs in the regular season, he still put up a fairly nice faceoff percentage. The third and fourth lines are made up of center Asvard Lyszczarczyk, left winger Colton Hagan, and right winger Mikhail Kapralov. Also in the regular season, Colorado would swap Hagan + Zajac between the second and third + fourth lines. If there were any changes in the bottom two lines, it would probably to swap those two players to see how they handle the different roles.

TASK TWO (185 words)
One of my choices for the unsung hero of the season 36 playoffs up to this point in time has to be Xander Green of the New England Wolfpack. As he stated in his own evaluation of his play during these playoffs: he doesn’t have as much TPE as the other rookie call-ups on New England, but he’s still making a name for himself as the Wolfpack’s second-line center. Although Green has only four assists throughout these playoffs, he’s one of New England’s best centerman, with a 50% faceoff percentage. Another unsung hero nomination goes to Theo Kane of the Seattle Riot. While the Riot only played seven games in these playoffs, Kane managed to put up an impressive eleven points. Putting up eleven points in that short of a time is very impressive by itself, but he also did that without taking any penalties. Another impressive stat is his relatively high shot percentage. Five goals on 40 shots results in a nice 12.5% shot percentage. If Seattle beat Calgary in the second round, I would have loved to see more of Theo Kane’s play.

TASK FOUR (197 words)
The SHL is proud to announce their first joint charity event! This charity event will feature players from one of the SHL’s playoff matchups, the Seattle Riot and the Calgary Dragons! The two teams will send their biggest stars to the southern United States to help out those who have been affected by Hurricane Harvey. The SHL will be partnering with the Houston Food Bank to donate food and other goods to food banks all across the southern coast of Texas and parts of Louisiana. Players will also be visiting rebuilding towns to help out with the rebuilding process and helping build new houses for those who have lost their homes. Select players from the Riot will be traveling through Rockport, Texas to help out with rebuilding houses. Sources have told me that forward Samee Iqbal and goaltender Michael McFadden will be the guests from the Riot. Meanwhile, Calgary is sending left winger Shane Gagner and left winger Randy Randleman to help those in Louisiana who have been affected by the hurricane. All four players will also be donating one million dollars each to the charity of their choice. Come out and support the families in need!

TASK FIVE:
[Image: zPGLnHS.png]

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3