Create Account

S36 Championship Week

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

I personally would Go with Jasper Clayton from the New England Wolfpack. He his today at this point where i write this 28 shots blocked and 14 hits which helps his team to archive shooting 41 goals and just Recive only 30 goals against them.

So this player let his team looking better with his awsome defense plays and as we all know offense wins games and defense wins championships, which this team shows perfectly, because 42 of ther totally scored 114 points coming from there defence.

Which makes 49,56 % of there points scored by there defense so maybe this team could go on the long trip and could win the cup.

At least when there defense continue with this great work on top of that there have one of the best Goalies in the Team in the moment he has 93% saves with only 2,33 Goals Against Avarage so we will see how long the trip of New England could take .

Code:
162 Words

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.

I kinda aswered this in task two so as i told you i would go with New England because of there great defense.

Texas has a good defense aswell no doubt bout thier defense don't deliver point wise as the defense from new england does and as i showed my love to stats to prove it.

In the first task i can prove it to you, as you know the New England scored 42 out of 114 points from New England in the playoffs the texans defense archived 36/111 in the playoffs what is 37,11 % of there points so the New England defense is better point wise and they heve the lower stats with thier goalwoman so i defenetly go with new england and you can call me Coach Confusion form now on if they have beaten the texans and i would not be surprised if they will get to the finals for the big thing .

Code:
157 Words

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.

The Minnesota Chiefs and Buffalo Stempede decided to went Duck Hunting before the first game in minnesota but because the Chiefs and the Stempede won't harm any animals beside wolfpacks ,dragons,raging bears or platoons they ask the local video game hall to put up some good old arcade machines from the game Duck Hunt so there would be an Tournament in Duck Hunt to collect money for the charity Organisation Extra Life .

ABOUT EXTRA LIFE

Extra Life unites thousands of gamers around the world to play games in support of their local Children's Miracle Network Hospital. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $30 million for sick and injured kids.

So Lord Pretty Flacko ,Halfdan Thorstein and Fedor Shirobokov played Duck Hunt against VLAD McZehrl, Nicolas Winter and Maximilian Wächter on the other side. On The Big Extra Life Duck Hunt Charityship Tournament.

This will be intenxe don't miss it and see your Favorite Team compete in Duck Hunt this event will be 2 hours before the Game and the Entry Card for the game will not count as a Entry Ticket for this Event .

The entry will cost 5$ for this Event and will be sold at the Chiefs Arena so please come all and support the Chiefs and Extra Life.

Code:
218 Words

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S36 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: cw17.jpg]

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation

TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

There would have been very minor changes to the Toronto North Stars lineup, mainly because the lineup they had was good anyways, but this would be the change I'd do for them.

5 vs 5 Forward
Center Left Wing Right Wing Time % Phy DF OF
1 Evandrus Jesster Chris York Kristian Eriksson 35 0 2 3
2 Travis Kudleychuk Reed Laing Damien Wert 25 0 2 3
3 Dane Rowe Teddy Kesler Elias Lindstrom 25 0 2 3
4 Evandrus Jesster Reed Laing Damien Wert 15 0 0 5

5 vs 5 Defense
Defense Defense Time % Phy DF OF
1 Chris Crutchfield Marc-Andre Malkin 40 1 3 1
2 Cynthia Taylor Zander Rhys 25 1 4 0
3 Kristoffer Ruud Chris Crutchfield 25 1 4 0
4 Cynthia Taylor Zander Rhys 10 2 2 1

The two main changes you'll see is a boost in ice time for both Evandrus Jesster and Chris Crutchfield. I feel like Crutchfield is at his best when he leads the defense in ice time, and not as a supporting role. Look at his tenure in New England, when he was maybe the second man of the 4-headed defensive beast they had. His stats didn't show great results, and the team didn't show great results. I also believe that Jesster is one of those 'diamond in the rough' guys, that if given enough time out there, he'll easily give you his best, which will result in a lead in points, either for his team or in the league. This may or may not have shaken the series, but I feel like a small time increase for Jesster and Crutchfield would at least given them some kind of boost to their stat sheets.

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

You know what, fuck you guys. I have been the unsung hero for the playoffs at this point, and I'm going to compare regular season expectations to playoff expectations here.

First off, right away, you have to be surprised by the five points in the playoffs alone coming from a player who only scored all of 8 points in a full 50 game regular season. Having the outburst he did in the first round against Toronto really helped swing things New England's way. Then, in New England's second round matchup against Minnesota, Kennedy took a defensive approach, changing his game mid-playoffs, totalling 42 hits through the playoffs, third amongst Wolfpack players. All while playing just over 17 minutes of ice time.

Middle Fingers to all the haters.

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words

On paper defensively, New England will always have the edge. As long as the Wolfpack still have, in some form, the combination of Clayton-Landvik-Kosonen, who are all elite defenders on their own, nobody will compete in the defensive category. Now, when it comes to offense, it's a different story. While Patrikov Bure and Raven Silverwing leading the way for New England, it's been a team effort all around for Texas. Geoffrey Allen might lead the team with 6 goals, but you're getting efforts from guys like Owen, Abes, Falk, Durden, James, Kaiser, Horvat. The list almost seems endless. By the way, have you guys noticed the fact that Texas has a lot of players with short last names?

If we're gonna go anywhere to find a definitive factor in this series, you always trust your goaltending, and I feel like Mikke Laukkanen had a much better performance during the end of the season, as well as his playoff run than Georgette Pel. Despite facing an uncanny amount of shots in the playoffs, Laukkanen is still rocking a save percentage over .930, and if he can't carry that into the Finals, then it might be a very short series, and an emphatic end note to Texas' dramatic season.

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.

During the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, The New England Wolfpack and the Toronto North Stars hosted a charity event. And by 'charity event', it was more like 'Brett Kennedy forcing them to participate in this so he looks like an absolute stud'.
The first annual 'SHL Wrestlemania' featured many current SHL talents, such as Brett Kennedy, former pro wrestler, as well as Toivo Kosonen and Spitfire in a tag team known as 'Sugar and Pumpkin Spice'. Many independent wrestlers took part in the event, including former WWE United Kingdom Champion Tyler Bate facing off against North Stars defenseman Chris Crutchfield in a 'Trade Rights on a Pole' match.

The main event featured four other North Stars players (Marc-Andre Malkin, Robb Wind, Zander Rhys and Travis Kudleychuk), known as 'Team Toronto' at the time, facing off against four members of Japan's deadliest stable, Suzuki-Gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michonoku, Davey Boy Smith, Jr. and Lance Archer) in a Survivor Series-style Elimination match. The event raised over $20,000 for the Canadian Cancer Society.

[Image: aAYOBeR.gif]
[Image: tumblr_meoc0uZ0am1rkroj1o1_500.gif]
#Quest2Play4EveryTeam

My choice for unsung hero of the S36 playoffs so far is Xander Green. Even though the rookie has less points then other rookies Brett Kennedy and Spitfire, Green has been an important player for the Wolfpack as he has twice the points that Jasper Clayton has (hi Eggy). And if you look at the TPE Clayton has then Xander Green must be extraordinary good in these playoffs. His 4 assists compared to a goal and an assist for Clayton are not the only things that stand out. But Green is also a +5 in rating compared to Clayton who is just a +1. Green also is very responsible and is not taking any penalty minutes during these playoffs while Clayton has spent EIGHT whole minutes on the sin bin. It is needless to say that Green deserves a whole lot more credit for his playoff performance then he is getting, after all, he is dominating Clayton in many categories.

Words: 160 ( <a href='index.php?showuser=1765' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-4'>Eggy216</a> )

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.

Texas must have the edge over the Wolfpack, just look how easily they got rid of the Calgary Dragons. The Dragons were the team with the most points in the regular season and they got swept in the conference finals, so Texas is currently in such a winning mood that it will be hard to break their momentum. The New England Wolfpack on the other hand lucked there way into the finals. They were lucky enough to even get into the playoffs. At the trade deadline they were out and they traded away Ales Smirnov and Chris Crutchfield and from there on they started winning games. Its impressive they made it this far, but the Western Conference seems a lot stronger this year and will have the likely winner of the S36 Playoffs. Texas Renegades has one trump card as well and he plays on the New England Wolfpack. Player agent Green, who is managing Xander Green, has never won a cup with an Eastern Conference Team (while playing all but one seasons in the East). People believe he might have an eastern curse and this might be the reason why Texas will win it.

Words: 195

TASK 4: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.

Jasper Clayton, Spitfire and Brett Kennedy, the three biggest my little pony fans on the wolfpack heard that their favorite pony, Twilight Sparkle was sick and in need of a cure. In order to raise money to save their pony they offered to host a charity comedy event in where the three of them would attempt to do some stand up comedy. While their jokes were horrible and Spitfire tried to earn some more money with creating mspaint sketches for the visitors, they still managed to get a grand total of 51 cents, enough to buy a post stamp to write their favorite pony a message that they tried to get the money for her medicine, but that it failed. While the pony was dying the three wolfpack players found out that Dieter Dominique had just won the lottery. Dominique decided to donate 50% of his winnings to the save the pony foundation. They could fund a cure and the pony was safed, but not thanks to Clayton and Co.

Words: 170

TASK SEVEN

[Image: OabgPlO.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

5 vs 5 Forward

1 Jack Durden - Adam Falk - Geoffrey Allen - 45 - 0-1-4
2 Sven Karlsson - Rick James - Conklin Owen - 40 - 0-1-4
3 Beau Bent - Zanarkand Abes - Vasily Horvat -10 - 0-1-4
4 Lord Vader - Rick James - Vasily Horvat -5 - 5-0-0

5 vs 5 Defense

1 Winston Windsor - Adam Kaiser 40 - 1-2-2
2 Cody Black - Lord Vader 40 - 1-2-2
3 Vladimir Lidstrom - Lord Vader 10 - 1-2-2
4 Cody Black - Winston Windsor 10 - 1-2-2

If I would be behind the bench at Texas, I would introduce a line change where three of the teams best hitters will be put on the ice at the same time and more importantly, on the ice together as forwards. Might not sound so interesting at first, but one of the players is Lord Vader, he is a defender who in my opinion could just as well play on the offense as well, he got all the required skills.

The reason behind all this is simple, I want to see what happens when Vader - James - Horvat is on the ice against New Englands top offensive players, Adam Kaiser is a solid hitter as well, so put him on defense and you got 4 players ready to bring the pain. That should be enough to make New England players maybe think twice about going behind the net and into the corners, if you start to think on the ice - it´s too late already. Mental terror is the name for the Texas fourth line.

Somebody might be wondering why even move Vader to offense, put him next to Kaiser and you still have the same four players on the ice? Well, first of all: I´m the guy with the suit, so shut up and two, look the first part again.

(150+)

Roman Morenov from New England has played really well so far. 0+5 in 12 games with +/- rating of +8. He plays tough minutes against other teams top lines and is one of the biggest reasons why New England is in the finals this year.

Too often we see the offensive players getting the love and players whos strong point is on the defense end up getting almost zero attention. Morenov is a good example of that, he has been a rock on the blueline, blocks shots and is not afraid to throw his body around, 33 hits so far in 12 games.

Roman has one weak area in his game though, he rarely shoots the puck, only six shots. He really should fire the puck more often, he is a big guy who should be able to at very least get good enough shot for rebound or deflection.

But Roman Morenov is my pick, I´m sure there are more who deserve the mention as well, but something about defensive defenders make me feel all warm, they are the warriors and backbone of every hockey team.

(150+)

Lets go with the finalists, from New England the following players are invited: Mia Landvik, Patrikov Bure and Roman Morenov.

From Texas Renegades these players were the lucky ones to be invited: Lord Vader,Rick James,Adam Kaiser and Vasily Horvat.

What is the mysterious event and why those players? Well, Respect - No Blood is a charity organization that focuses on trying to bring violence levels down in the society, various sports are the biggest problem areas, for example hockey is watched by many young people who then try to copy what they have seen on the TV or acutally in the hockey games live. That will only result in more violence.

The players mentioned are leading penalty minute collectors in their teams and that is the reason why they are involved in the activities. The event starts off with little lecture on why violence in hockey is bad. All the players will be there and then the audience can ask questions from the players.

Once that part is over, every player will move over to the pool area where they will sit on a chair that is lifted fairly high over the pool. The chair has a target next to it. People will then try to hit the target with balls, if they manage to do it, the player will fall off from the chair into the pool. All in good fun, with 5 dollars you get 3 balls. All the money goes into charity.

(150+)

TASK SEVEN: Design a team-branded kid's toy to give away at Game 1 of the finals! Submission must include an image recognizable as a toy and a team logo.

Tired of getting bullied by the other kids at the sandbox because your bucket is made from plastic? No need to worry anymore, you can now buy a bucket made from some kind of metal, but wait - there is more! The bucket also has the logo of Texas Renegades on it! Act fast, limited edition!

[Image: vkWriVU.png]

Not sure if I am doing anything but PH for now

[Image: wMesHcI.png]

I chose the Minesota Chiefs who came just a little short of beating the Wolfpack in a seven game series. I looked at their lines and decided to come up with some way better lines.

1 Lord Pretty Flacko Ivan Koroviev Halfdan Thorstein 90 1 1 3
2 Derrick Glover Yuriy Starkonov Terrance Nova 08 0 0 5
3 Derrick Glover Lochlann O'Rourke Halfdan Thorstein 01 0 2 3
4 Lord Pretty Flacko Ivan Koroviev Terrance Nova 01 0 2 3

5 vs 5 Defense
Defense Defense Time % Phy DF OF
1 Alonzo Garbanzo Veli Kaalinpää 90 1 2 2
2 Eero Hämäläinen Noctis Caelum 08 0 4 1
3 Alonzo Garbanzo Aaron Crawford 01 1 3 1
4 Eero Hämäläinen Noctis Caelum 01 0 4 1

As you can see I changed the playing time, because that's where the big fault lays. The top line just clearly wasnt playing enough. The forward first line only averaged 30 minutes a night, which just isn't enough. I upped that line to 90% play time. 54 minutes average per night should be the perfect amount for this top line. The other 10 percent is split between the other lines. Garbanzo only reached 31 minutes played average. Which is very foolish this old man can and should play way more than just that. Not sure what the coach of minesota is doing, but I`d fire him at one. This is how you want your lines to be and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Rough choice, I`m just going to be a biased lad and go with a player from the new england wolfpack squad. My choice for unsung hero is of course the one, the only, the greatest lad ever, Tim 'Clutchner as Fuckner' Buckner. The clutchman himself has racked up a total of 51 hits so far in 12 games. That's fuckin 4.25 hits per game. Clutchner is a great guy who sticks up for his team and jut loves crushing people. Besides having a shitton of hits this guy also has 8 points. That's right 8 fuckin points! This guy is not only the grit of the team, but also the fuckin skill, the soft hands, the maestro. 2 goals and 6 assists baby. If I could marry any man in the world it would be this guy, this is the kind of man who brings bread for the family. Probably by knocking some fool down and taking his bread away, but food is food right.

So the question who has the edge is a tough one, Wolfpack has the depth, texas has the players. You know what I`m saying. Texas has the better goals per game, but new england has the better points against record. The wolfpacks powerplay is a bit better thank the renegades and their penalty kill is a good bit better. Wolfpack also has the edge when it comes down to the faceoff circle. A big point you got to look at however is this. The renegades fuckin swept the Dragons, a top tier team right now, while the wolfpack needed 7 games to down the chiefs. A team that until recently was classified as a rebuilder. So the gades come off a hot streak and the wolfpack seem to have some struggles. Also indecated by the amount of overtimes they had to play. Ofcourse I`m going to give the edge to the wolfpack lads. My team, so it'd feel like cheating to say we didn't hah.

TASK FIVE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

[Image: DaCkenN.png]

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

TASK FIVE:
[Image: 84UcB68.png]
Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

TASK SIX:
[Image: WpDqpJW.png]
The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.

TASK SEVEN:
[Image: 1ETkLbY.png]
Design a team-branded kid's toy to give away at Game 1 of the finals! Submission must include an image recognizable as a toy and a team logo.

TASK EIGHT:
[Image: EoTe2Fe.png]
Design the Championship Banner for the S36 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

TASK ONE: You're coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words. 
Hi there, I'm Joseph Lombardi, new coach of the Calgary Dragons. I made new lines for the team, and here's why.
Line One: Randleman-Kurczewski-Pedersen
The first line stays the same, as these three led the team in playoff scoring.
Line Two: Gagner-Mack-Anrikkanen
This line also stays the same, as these three were fourth, fifth, and sixth in Dragons playoff scoring.
Line Three: Izzy-Jagr-LaFlamme
The only change I made here is to not double-shift Randleman. I replaced him with Mike Izzy, who was great for the Kelowna Knights during his SMJHL career.
Skipping line four, let's go to the defense.
Pairing One: Boychuk-O'Reilly
Boychuk and O'Reilly led the Dragons defensemen in scoring. O'Reilly replaces Hunky Monkey.
Pairing Two: Monkey-Pergher
Pergher and Monkey were third and fourth in playoff scoring for the Dragons defensemen.
Pairing Three: Goody Jr.-Hill
Jaime Hill had a solid playoffs, and instead of double-shifting Mike Boychuk, I'm playing Chuck Goody Jr. there. He was a junior teammate of mine who was always solid.
The unsung hero of the S36 SHL Playoffs in my opinion is Joe Kurczewski. In my opinion, Kurczewski doesn't get as much respect as he deserves. He was great in the regular season this year, but the playoffs were where he really shone. He tied for the Calgary Dragons lead in scoring with 12 points (Nicolas Pedersen also had 12 points). He's currently tenth in the postseason for goals scored (5), second for shots taken (63), and has the fourth most points out of any RW this postseason. Only Igor Koroviev, Raven Silverwing, and Terrance Nova have more points.
I think New England has the edge in this matchup. Even though Texas will be a good opponent for them, the Wolfpack already have established stars like Chris Crutchfield. The real X-factor here is who has the better rookies, in my opinion. New England wins this hands down. The Renegades didn't have any rookies play in this season's playoffs. However, the Wolfpack have had three rookies, Brett Kennedy (one of the best teammate's Ive ever had.), Xander Green (a proven SMJHL scorer) and Spitfire. Plus, they have more good prospects, like Halifax teammates Lukas Muller and Cody Fletcher.
Oh god, welcome to the first annual Colton Hagan Memorial Golf Tournament. Seattle and Calgary have appeared at the tournament. Both teams are competing against each other in a golf tournament for the Colton Hagan Memorial Charity (R.I.P. Campin), and they must send up three players. OH MY GOD, Calgary going for the kill here, sending out Randy Randleman, Joe Kurczewski, and Nicolas Pedersen. Seattle sends out Samee Iqbal, Jonathan Lundberg, and Jed Lloren. First up, it's Randleman! Already, Samee Iqbal is trolling him, as expected. Randleman makes a hole in one! Next up is Iqbal, and he makes a birdie. Kurczewski makes another hole in one for the Dragons, and next up is Lundberg, but he's not at the box yet, because he's tweeting about how Jay Bae should go first overall. And he makes another tweet, criticizing the SHL community. Oh, now he's going... and that's a triple bogey. Pedersen makes another hole in one, and Lloren makes a hole in one too. It's over, but Iqbal is still trolling.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

TASK ONE

The Texas Renegades are going to have a bit of a shakeup, and I hope my lines are different than what they’re currently rolling out there for the Challenge Cup Finals. I am going to start the lineup with Jack Durden (99 passing) and his efficient playmaking style of play on the Left Wing. Sven Karlsson is the de facto #1 Center for the Renegades and plays a strong two way game (95 defense, very well rounded) in both the offensive and the defensive side of the ice. Geoffrey Allen assumes the role of the shooter for this line for the Renegades due to his 99 scoring attributes.

This line will use a strategy of 0-1-4, which highlights Karlsson’s defensive prowess and still allows Durden and Allen to combine for the passing plays that are lethal enough to end up in the back of the net more often than not.

Code:
150 words

------------

TASK TWO

Recently re-signed veteran defenseman Winston Windsor is my vote for unsung hero for the Texas Renegades. He’s an Englishman, born and raised in London, UK, and he’s been the face of hockey in the U.K. since his days with the Edmonton Blizzard. Windsor played 10 games in the Texas Renegades’ road to the Challenge Cup Finals and put up some impressive numbers. He put the puck in the net twice for the Renegades, and collected 10 apples for a total of 12 points in 10 games which eclipses the point per game mark. In addition to his stellar offensive numbers, Windsor boasts twenty blocked shots and leads by example on and off the ice for the veteran laden Texas Renegades.

I chose Windsor because he’s not necessarily a “sexy name”, but one of the defensemen that puts their hard hat on and goes to work. I can see Windsor continuing to contribute successfully if the Texas Renegades are to hoist the Challenge Cup over their heads this season.

Code:
168 words

--------------

TASK FIVE:

[Image: 1ZlSa72.jpg]

-------------

TASK SEVEN:

[Image: KEn7gyE.png]

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

In my eyes, the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs has to be Jasper Clayton. This may seem like and odd choice for a "hero" for the playoffs, but you are going to have to hear me out. During the playoffs, people have been talking about great scorers on the Wolfpack such as forwards and Silverwing, but defensemen Jasper Clayton most definetly has his place on this stacked Wolfpack roster. People do not talk about Clayton because of his minimal point production, only having 1 goals and 1 assist for a total of two point, but that is unfair because that simply is not his game. Clayton is a stay at home guy who will free up the forawrds and the offensive players to focus on scoring points. Clayton is willing to put his body on the line, as he is leading the Wolfpack in shots blocked with 28. He is also logging a large amount of penalty kill minutes, t keep the stars off the ice and well rested. Without Clayton's responsible defensive play, the Wolfpack's stars would not be able to do what they do, and that is why Jasper Clayton is my unsung hero of the playoffs

In the finals, I think that New England has a slight edge. Not a huge one, but enough to win the series in 7. The Wolfpack and the Renagades are both very close in talent across their rosters, but the factor that I think that will let the Wolfpack lift the Challenge cup is their three rookies. Brett Kennedy, who is leading all rookies in playoff points, along with Xander Green, and Spitfire, will come through in the finals, and give them that important depth scoring that every championship team needs. The Renegades do not have the type of depth that the Wolfpack have. The Renegades arguably have the best star power in this series, with players like Jack Dunsen and Geoffrey Allen, but I believe that they do not have enough solid players at every position to keep up with the Wolfpack roster that is filled with great role players for their third and fourth line.

This week, the SHL has decided to team up with the American Red Cross to raise money for the victims of Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma. They have brought out players from the Minnesota Chiefs and the Buffalo Stampede, the only series with two American teams. While there will be many activities to raise money, the one that I will be talking about is a team rowing race across an area in the Great Lakes, since it is what connects the two areas of Minneota and Buffalo together. Both teams will send 5 players from their roster to compete in this short rowing race. The Chiefs choose to send Lord Pretty Flacko, Alonzo Garbanzo, Terrence Nova, Ivan Koroviev, and Halfdan Thorstien. The Stampede have chosen to send out Max Wachter, Alexis, Metzler, Ludwig Koch Schroder, Nicolas Winter, and Vlad McZehrl. The teams get into their boats and wait at the stating line... and they're off! Both teams are very close, but it seems that the Chiefs are working better as a team to row that boat! Oh the Chiefs are pulling ahead! Not much more to go and the Stampede are falling behind... and the Chiefs win it!

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

For toronto’s defense – I would put Crutchfield/Taylor as my number one pair so that my two best defenders are going up against the other team’s best line as much as possible and then move Malkin/Rhys to the second line. I would then keep Ruud/Crutchfield as the 3rd pairing and Taylor/Malkin as fourth line since Taylor is move defensive and Malkin is more offensive minded. I would make the time % be 35/35/15/15 so that Crutchfield/Taylor/Malkin are playing about 50% of the game and Rhys still gets 35% and it limits Ruud time on the ice significantly. Crutchfield cant play 60% of the game and still be effective even though he is a premier defenseman in the league.

For toronto’s offense:
Kudleychuk – wert – Eriksson
Jesster – laing – York
Rowe – lindstrom – kesler
Kudleychuk – wert – Eriksson

**I am going to load up the first line since its hard in the playoffs to generate offense and let those 3 have at while opening things up for the second line which provides some offense, some defense and some hitting. I would play them 35/35 and then the third line 20 and the fourth line 10 to hopefully create some matchup issues while keeping those 3 from playing 50% of the game. Rowe is a good set up center for the two young wingers on his line while still being defensively responsible.

My unsung hero through the first two rounds of the playoffs has been Jack Durden of the Texas Renegades. He is quietly leading the Renegades in points in the playoffs with 13, is second on the team in assists with 9 and also has 4 goals. He is also a +8 during the playoffs when playing defense matters. He plays in both power play and penalty killing situations chipping in with 2 points on the power play and a shorthanded assist. His play not only on the ice but also off of it, has helped Texas win 8 straight games – 4 in a row against Winnipeg after dropping the first two and then sweeping the heavily favored Dragons in the second round. He was a calming voice in the first round when Texas was down and made sure no one in the locker room was hanging their heads or blaming themselves. He leads by example and is one of the main reasons why Texas made the finals.

New England definitely has the edge here in this matchup since they have been to the finals many times before and the Texas roster has very little finals round experience. One factor in the series will be Pel continuing his stellar play during the post season. He has won 8 of 10 games posting a 2.87 GAA and a save percentage of just over 90%. He will have to post numbers similar to Laukkanen (2.23 GAA and .931 save percentage) in order for Texas to win. Another factor will be the Texas defense shutting down the duo of Bure and Silverwing who have both scored 8 goals in 12 playoff games this season. The Texas defense is going to have to force those two to the outside and not let them get high quality scoring chances. Bure’s hat trick in game 5 of the Minny series took momentum away from the Chiefs and helped the Wolfpack make the finals. Texas cant let these goal scorers go wild during this series or New England will be hanging another championship banner.

The New England Wolfpack and the Texas Renegades are coming together outside the arena the morning before game 1 of the finals in a charity event to benefit the children’s hospitals in both team’s home cities. The charity event is an old fashion tug-o-war where fans will donate money in big jars on which team they will think will win. There will be also a mud pit in the middle where the losing team will get pulled into. In addition to the tug-o-war, these 8 players will also being signing autographs for fans after the event. The losing team will triple the donation to the winning team’s hospital and the winning team will double the donations to the losers so that both hospitals get a sizeable donation. Each team will consist of four members – from New England: Brett Kennedy, Patrikov Bure, Raven Silverwing and Tim Buckner. And the participants from the Texas Renegades will be Conklin Owen, Adam Falk, Lord Vader and Cody Black.

Code:
5 vs 5 Forward
1 Jason Visser Zach Evans Don Pellegrino 35 0 1 4
2 Luke Fleming Corey Bearss Patrick Brumm 30 0 2 3
3 Jason Visser Zach Evans Michael Burch 25 1 2 2
4 Luke Fleming Elyk Vidrik Onoprienko 10 0 3 2

I'd go ahead and toss the depth players on the WIN roster into the depth positions in the WIN lineup. Elyk is a lifer with the Jets, spending 16 seasons on the Winnepeg roster. A guy like that probably deserves in what may well be his last go at the playoffs. If there was a player who deserved to be out there more than 16 year vet Elyk, it was Onoprienko... who has been on the Jets roster 2 years longer than the former. Michael Burch would have been out there, too, because hey, fuck it, ya never know who could surprise you in the playoffs and come up big. If Liam Kinsler can put up 3 points in 13 minutes, there's no telling what WIN's old guys could have done.

Code:
My choice for unsung hero of the playoffs to this point is Texas Renegades left winger Zanarkand Abes. Abes is on the Rene's 3rd line, but he's played a big role in their run to the finals, with 7 points (by way of 3 goals and 4 assists), and a +/- of +5, good enough to be tied for 5th on the roster. The impressive thing is that he's only been seeing the ice for 13:43 per night. He, and the rest of his 3rd line linemates, have swung the pendulum in several games, and they've been doing it aagainst 1st and 2nd line level competition. While the whole line deserves a lot of credit, Abes is leading the way amongst them- and you're unlikely to hear a whole lot about the 883 TPE winger, bbecause, ya know, those low TPE guys just aren't all that sexy to the rest of the league. Without a doubt the unsung hero of these playoffs.

Code:
I think, upon looking at the strength of each respective conference, and what each team had to get through in order to arrive at the finals, you can't go any direction other than the Texas Renegades as far as who has the edge going into these finals.

Texas knocked off the regular season champions by way of a sweep in the Western Conference Finals, and that was after they handled the 2nd overall finishing regular season team in the Winnepeg Jets- taking care of business with 4 straight wins after 2 losses to open the series.

Conversely, New England went through the 8th ranked Toronto North Stars and the 6th ranked Minnesota Chiefs- two teams which they were favored to handle from the moment each series began. For as much as NEW appeared to be the favorite in both series, it took the Wolfpack 6 games to dispatch of each lesser foe.

The key factor in this game will be the defense of the Texas Renegades. Texas' scorers have been free to operate with more aggression than most all season because their blue liners are so strong in both the defensive and offensive zones. They've kept opponent scoring to a minimum while jumping in on several scoring opportunities throughout both the regular season and the playoffs. While both teams have 3 defenders in their top 9 scoring players, I think the Renegade defensive corp is more adept in playing a shut down game. If they do what they've been doing, they'll carry Texas to victory. If New England can force the defensive players of Texas to stay home, and prevent them from joining in on the rush and creating turn overs in the neutral zone, they may be able to out pace the Renegades in scoring.

Code:
After a year in which donations were running far too low, endangering their AOP, the Children & Families of Iowa charity, in Des Moines Iowa, knew they had to do something big, and maybe a bit edgy. They invited the top 3 scorers from each of the Western Conference Finals teams to the Richard O. Jacobson Exhibition Center for a date auction... They called it "Score with the Scorers"- with lovely date nights at East Village Spa, with an option of turning dinner into an overnight stay, up for the highest bidders. Of course, the top 3 scorers for each team were Geoffrey Allen, Jack Durden and Winston Windsor; and Joe Kurczewski, Nicholas Pedersen and Randy Randleman for Texas and Calgary respectively.

Winston Windsor went cheapest of all the players, at $18,250,000, as he's just a lowly defensive player, and those just aren't sexy as those high scoring forwards in the league. It's a bit surprising, as he was the biggest of the 6 in height, suggesting he might be biggest elsewhere, too.

Pedersen and Durden went for just about the same amount ($21,375 and $22,250 respectively), which is a bit surprising as the former is getting long in the tooth- but apparently old in hockey years doesn't translate to old in boinkability index. Not sure what exactly that says about Durden... perhaps he's just an old soul.

Next highest was Joe, at a respectable $28,875. As the bids warmed up, the ladies were left swooning over the young buck, but the winning bidder was over heard saying "I hope he's more phyiscal in the bedroom than he is on the ice- with his 1 weak ass hit on the year", so hopefully that ended up working out for her.

Geoffrey Allen, whose image has been likened to a super sexy GI Joe by many broadcasters of the years, went for a considerable amount of money, a very high $36,800. It can only be assumed that ladies are able to detect a man with prowess, and they're hoping he can take charge between the sheets in the same manner in which he's taken charge of the Texas Renegades roster. It looked like Allen would emerge the victor (not that this was a contest, it's for charity, for heaven's sake- but you know how these guys are)... until...

Randy "Fucking" Randleman, as he was dubbed by the all star auctioneer Gail Hunter, fetched the highest bid of the night, a whopping $39,275- nearly as high as the $40,100 Scarlett Johansson raised for Oxfam some years back. Randy is a fine looking fella, no doubt about it, but from what's been heard through the grape vine, it was his stellar endurance which proved to be the biggest selling point. The winner was assuming that a guy who is playing 28:46 night in and night out in the SHL must be able to put in a solid few hours, including at the dinner table.

All in all, the charity raised a grand total of $166,825 to help out those in need in the Des Moines area, a stunning turn out which filled their coffers for not only this year, but likely a few years to come. It was great to see two rival teams come together for something greater than themselves, and despite the fact that the Dragons may have "ended up on top" that night, it was Texas who won the series to advance to the finals.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

TASK FIVE:
[Image: l7rUZy5.png]

TASK SIX:
[Image: AJ6Bp4n.png]

TASK SEVEN:
[Image: cluLbPQ.png]

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

I believe that the reason Winnipeg was eliminated was a lack of depth. They do have two outstanding lines, but stamina comes into play at some point. Keeping the 1st, 2nd and 4th line the same, I would focus on the 3rd line. When looking at the Texas series, both Elyk and Michael Burch are skilled enough to compete against Texas' 3rd line, and at a minimum, give the top players a few minutes to catch their breath.

Here are my proposed lines for the forwards.

Visser – Evans – Pellegrino 40%
Fleming – Bearss – Brumm 40%
Elyk – Evans – Burch 10%
Visser – Bearss – Burch 10%

I liked the way their defensive pairings worked out and I wouldn’t change anything there. I believe that the reason Winnipeg lost is they had no answer for Texas' 3rd line, and with the changes I have made fresh legs are out there to match that line, and the 4th line keeps Burch, who is still a capable playmaket, and adds some youth and experience to find those clutch OT goals that usually come from those 4th line grinders.

Code:
181 words

It's safe to assume I am going to be biased here, but it isn’t a single player that has been unsung, but three. The Renegade's 3rd line as a whole seems to be invisible to everyone in the media. The Abes-Bent-Horvat line scored a total of 34 points through 50 games during the regular season, 17-17-34 is by far Texas' weakest offensive line. With the finals about to start, the 3rd line is more than just passengers for this trip. Through 10 games the line has combined for 18 points, 7-11-18. If they had played at this pace during the regular season they would have combined for 90 points. Pretty special in a league where some teams don’t even have a 3rd line. A change in ice time is the key for this line. Going from a line that was more or less there to give the top two lines rest, they are now an offensive component on a team looking to win it all.

Code:
165 words

This is a classic series. One team is fan and family friendly, the other is something that you would expect to see in a back alley somewhere. During the regular season NEW and TEX played two games, and they split the games, and neither required OT. Statistically, NEW is the better team and will carry the edge into the series. They were more physical, had the better PP, but they had the worse PK. This may turn out to be where the series is decided. NEW was 3rd in the league in total PIM, a reflection of their physical game. Texas' defense has carried a large chunk of the weight so far this season, and if they can continue, and make NEW pay dearly for every mistake, my early assessment may end up being wrong. The reality is this is a very close series where both teams have their niche, stars, and support players. In the end I have to say Texas takes it on discipline and clean play.

Code:
169 words

It's unusual for two teams who are about to compete against one another to come together for a common goals, but here we are. Ahead of game 1 the Renegades and Wolfpack are sending representatives to help those in need. With the recent damages done to areas of the southern US during this year's hurricane season, and more potential damage on the way, the two teams are looking to do their part. Liam Kinsler, Cody Black, and Beau Bent are joining forces with their Wolfpack counterparts, Patrikov Bure, Dieter Dominique, and Mia Landvik to do a national fundraiser and food drive. All proceeds will go to support those in need and to help. Each player will be donating jerseys, sticks, and other autographed memorabilia to be raffled off. Lets hope that these two teams can keep their calm around one another for a few hours for the greater good, and if not, maybe some pre-series action might raise the viewership for the fundraiser, and their series.

Code:
166 words

[Image: horvat3.png]

Calgary Dragons lines set by Ballerstorm
Randy Randleman - Randy Randleman - Randy Randleman - 25%

Randy Randleman - Randy Randleman - 25%

Randy Randleman
Randy Randleman

The idea here is evident, clone Randy Randleman and put him out in every role and every situation, including goalie and backup goalie. WHAT CANT RANDY DO?! Now, if the Calgary Dragons were to still lose then Randy Randleman could not continue to say "How is this Randy's fault?!" As it would be unequivocally 100% Randy Randleman's fault that the team lost then. I think that Esa's lines were 10x better than these proposed lines, so it is probably a good call to continue to have Coach Esa continue to make the lines and set the strategies for the Calgary Dragons

Code:
159 words

Raven Silverwing, winger for the New England Wolfpack, is the S36 unsung hero for the S36 playoffs thus far. Silverwing has been a big part of the New England Wolfpack's playoff run and is second on the team in points. He has 13 points in 12 games, 1 point behind team leader, Patrikov Bure. What sets Silverwing apart though is the goals he has scored in clutch moments. He heads the Wolfpack in both game winning goals, with 2, and game tying goals, with 1. The last point I will make that supports Raven Silverwing as the S36 unsung hero of the playoffs is his time on the penalty kill. Silverwing is leading the Wolfpack with 44 minutes on the penalty kill, more than not only every forward, but every player on his team. Typically you will see defenseman log bigger minutes than forwards, but when it comes to being short a player and needing to hold their lead the New Endland Wolfpack lean heavily on their Raven Silverwing.

Code:
169 words

TASK FIVE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.
[Image: 1wciot.jpg]
Names, Positions, Logos on all 6 cards

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.
[Image: QRSwCcC.jpg]