Create Account

S37 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospect Thread

<center>[Image: 2efkc9h.png]
Halifax Raiders Interested Prospects Thread (S37)

Hey prospects!! Interested in joining the Halifax Raiders? Just fill out this quick questionnaire and let us know a little more about you.

But before we get to know you, we'll tell you a little bit about our organization. We are coming off one of our best seasons in the Season 30's era of the SMJHL, We recently went to the cup finals and lost in 6 games to the Vancouver Whalers, despite finishing second in the regular season, only back of first by 2 points. The Raiders has still been one of the best teams in the league over the past 6 seasons. In S30, we won the Four Star Cup for the second time in franchise history (the most among S25 expansion teams). In S31, we made it all the way back to the Finals, but lost to the Kelowna Knights. And in S32 and S33, we won the President's Trophy, and lost in the Eastern Conference Finals. But enough about us, we'd love to learn more about you. Just answer these simple questions:

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position?

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you?

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class?

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?

5. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season?

6. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room?

7. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself.

8. The GMs of the organization are NYRanger3061 and FourFour, based on early impressions of both of these individuals, which one would you want to take a trip to Barbados with?

9. Favorite NHL team?

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion?

Thank you so much guys, and I'm sure we'll be in touch with many of you as draft day approaches! Smile

raiders #RaiderNation raiders </center>

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position? Joshua Woodcroft

I'm just looking for a chance.
I spend way too much time on a computer.
4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?
No problem there
Not very, Im happy if I grow as a player.
Active locker room, Winning is nice but not if there's no one to share it with.
I just moved back to Canada from Oregon.
8. The GMs of the organization are NYRanger3061 and FourFour, based on early impressions of both of these individuals, which one would you want to take a trip to Barbados with?
FourFour, See the 1994 Stanley Cup final.
9. Favorite NHL team?
Canucks
10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion? Honestly third, but that's because I'm Vancouver born.

D - Tatu Makela

Active locker room

I'm SHL GM

Yee

Pretty important but I'm a team player. Just don't play me like an enforcer and I'm cool with whatever else ice time I get.

Active locker room because the wins and team success will follow

I have 44's snapchat

44 bcuz NYR isn't of age

9. Favorite NHL team?
Columbus

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion?
top 3

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Kevin Hamilton, LW

A chance to succeed by being on the ice with players that complement mine.

Build. Admittedly, not in a great way at the moment, but I believe he is gonna be a nightmare once he rounds out a bit.

Yeah, seems pretty common

I want enough time for an assists milestone.

Team Success.

Amateur sportswriter for pro football.

I know fuck all about either of you, hard to say

9. Favorite NHL team?
Don't follow hockey

Top 3 due to the abundance of high Scoring-rating players. As an assist guy that is kind of gold. Don't know much about the league, though.

Lyndis Vakarian, Winger
Active LR, Discord.
I'm a recreate so you have no risk selecting me. I'm also a good personality in the LR I've been told.
Yes
Not really important.
I want a mixture of the two if possible.
I'm vanilla af. Love video games, anime, idk.
they're cool dudes. I'd like to be alone to Barbados tho.
9. Favorite NHL team?
Canucks
Not too sure actually. I don't know SMJHL teams that well since it's been a while since I was in the SMJHL lol. In terms of your prospect thread top 3 I guess.

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

Blaster Blade, RW
A place that wants to win
I will be named GSB. The Goal Scoring Beast.
Yeah of course
I would be lying if I said it wasnt important
Winning cannot be made without an active locker room. An active locker room will not last without winning.
GSB.
NYRanger is clearly a ranger fan so not him Smile

9. Favorite NHL team?
Pittsburgh Penguins - Call me the bandwagon, its been a while now
No idea lol

Connor Blackwell, Center

Active LR, hopefully some winning

I have 44 on snapchat

Yes

Fairly important, would be expecting middle six minutes

Active LR

I have nothing interesting or funny about me

44 because i can outdrink him

9. Favorite NHL team?
Vancouver Canucks

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Hunter Jones - RW

Close knit team 1st environment.

My will to improve as a player and the fact that i want to earn my place in the line up.

yessir

I want to earn the minutes i play. If i dont end up playing the minutes i want that means i need to work harder.

I believe having an active and close knit locker room will lead to team success which is all i want.

I am a medical intern for a local pro soccer franchise in Ottawa

Hey man as long as they pay a trip to Barbados is a trip to Barbados.... no complaints Smile

9. Favorite NHL team?

Ottawa Senators

Top 4 for sure!

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

Dick Skillstedt, RW

A good time, chill LR and some playing time.

Im pretty sexy, what more can i say?

True, its a far easier way to keep a conversation going in a normal pace, not having to wait a long time between every reply.

I mean, id like to play as much as i can, but if im not producing well, i wouldnt argue getting less time.

Both boy, and we'll make it happen together.

Im a mystery.

im not gonna lie, not completely sure who NYR is(sry) but id like to know. So i guess NYR so that we can get to know each other.

b]9. Favorite NHL team?[/b]
Boston Bruins

Defo on the upper half, havent been paying attention to the smjhl for some time but its on the list of teams id happily play for.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

RW - Nico Grøss

Opportunity to grow myself on to a top line wing position within a season or two, and more importantly a strong community in the LR.

I have a lot of experience growing good players in this league, I understand player builds and how the sim works, and how I can place my attributes accordingly to match that. Also, I've won 3 junior championships as a player and 2 as a GM, so I've won plenty during juniors in the past.

Definitely, as you know with Buffalo that's where our 95% of our LR is, so I'm cool with that.

I understand off the bat there's going to be better players than myself, so I'm willing to take a backseat for the first season. However, if I'm able to grow enough I'd like the possibility of being able to play myself on to a 2nd line by seasons end, but year 1 isn't really my concern regarding playing time either way.

Locker room, winning doesn't mean anything if I don't like the guys I'm doing it with.

I founded Facebook.

Fourfs, see below Ninja

9. Favorite NHL team?

New Jersey Devils

In my draft rankings I had Halifax at 6th, but I'd be happy to play for the Raiders as those are pretty arbitrary numbers. http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=82555

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

John Grossman Jr. (Defense)

I want to win. Plain and simple

My player's grit and willingness to fight. I don't care about individual points nearly as much as most do.

No idea what that is, but I can figure it out

I want to win. Whatever the team decides is best will be best.

Winning. Active locker room is a bonus, but I want to win

7. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. I open mouth kissed a horse once

Don't know NYR and kind of know FourFour so I'm gonna go with who I know

9. Favorite NHL team?

Philadelphia Flyers

No contact from anyone in the organization and I'm just now getting back into this website. You guys have a good track record of winning though so you guys are probably 2 or 3

Paddy Kane-Reilly

Strong Winger depth

Im more dedicated this time around and I'm gonna score goals

sure

1-10, probably a 7.

Active locker room

I graduated with (60) people and Im the only one who cant speak french

FourFour is a legend it would be like going to the club with bobby orr

9. Favorite NHL team?

Montreal

[Image: giphy.mp4]

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position?:
Thè Dude D

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you?:
Guidance. I'm starting my first season and would love to learn all I can.

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class?:
I have even less of an idea of what I'm doing than them.

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?:
Yes

5. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season?:
Not super important, but who wouldn't want to play?

6. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room?:
Active locker room

7. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself.:
I'm just a really funny guy.

8. The GMs of the organization are NYRanger3061 and FourFour, based on early impressions of both of these individuals, which one would you want to take a trip to Barbados with?:
FourFour, his name is funnier.

9. Favorite NHL team?:
Vancouver

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion?:

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position?

Bobby Watson, Right wing at your service

Mentorship, friendship, opportunity to do good teamwork.

Two of my awesome buddies, the ones that made me discover this sim, are part of this club, which means it's the best. I'm not a lone wolf jackass that only want to score goals, I'm here to share the spotlight and do teamwork. And I'll be quite active.

Totally

I would say a lot but I know I must prove that I deserve every minute on the Ice.

Both are important but active locker would be better for me because I have much to learn. And I'm sure it helps win in the end,

I played hockey for 12 years so I know hockey stuff. And I think I'm a funny guy, at least that's what Shmurph mom's says.. Love you buddy

The question would be, do you want to take a trip with me ? I'll be passed out drunk. But not on the ice !!

9. Favorite NHL team?

Pittsburgh I guess. Yeah, I'm original

1 cause that's where the talent is !! (Not licking ass, I want to play here)

delon ishii, LW sniper

top line minutes and winning

i know secrets about mr. forty four

no you need to use groupme instead

very important

winning leads to an active LR tbh, so winning

i'm half black half japanese

idk rangers but i know 44

so i would go with rangers

9. Favorite NHL team?

leafs