Create Account

Official Soccer Thread

As much as i support the English football team, i know they are in pretty bad shape at the moment and i doubt that they will make it far into the tournament, but still i'll root for them.

Quote:Originally posted by astorino@May 22 2012, 06:51 PM
i would actually be cheering Ireland on but they are in the same group as Italy :( maybe they could finish 1st and 2nd. would be nice.

Id love that, but itll be tough to beat Spain. I think itll be Spain and Italy but Im holding out hope for my Irish.

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@May 22 2012, 11:51 PM
As much as i support the English football team, i know they are in pretty bad shape at the moment and i doubt that they will make it far into the tournament, but still i'll root for them.

Oh you do love to be against me, don't you? Tongue

U-S-A! U-S-A! We're going to win every match!!!

But, seriously. If there's ONE team that's not in the tourney that you wish had qualified, which one is it?

For me, it's Scotland. Love them.

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@May 22 2012, 06:52 PM

Id love that, but itll be tough to beat Spain.  I think itll be Spain and Italy but Im holding out hope for my Irish.
ye Spain will be tough the only hope i see is that they lost that first World Cup game vs the Swiss in '10. Maybe it can happen vs Ireland.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 22 2012, 11:55 PM
But, seriously. If there's ONE team that's not in the tourney that you wish had qualified, which one is it?

I wonder what team I wish had qualified?

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 22 2012, 06:55 PM

Agreed, because of my Irish-Scottish heritage, so I root for both teams. Also wouldnt have minded seeing Turkey theyre usually pretty fun to watch.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@May 22 2012, 06:55 PM

Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovakia and Switzerland would be up there but if i had to chose one would have to be Belgium great young team.

Quote:Originally posted by astorino@May 22 2012, 06:55 PM

ye Spain will be tough the only hope i see is that they lost that first World Cup game vs the Swiss in '10. Maybe it can happen vs Ireland.

Yeah good point, plus they lost to the US in '09 at the Confed Cup so they definitely can be beat.

Quote:Originally posted by astorino@May 22 2012, 07:57 PM

Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovakia and Switzerland would be up there but if i had to chose one would have to be Belgium great young team.

Yea, Belgium's another one of my faves. Scotland and Belgium are straight G.

FORZA PORTUGAL

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by grimreaper@May 22 2012, 06:53 PM

Oh you do love to be against me, don't you? Tongue

How else would it be? LOL, it's been like that for the past 6 years. Tongue

Scotland vs Czech Republic

The bullshit in the last couple of minutes of this game is a big reason we didn't get a playoff spot in our group.

These are the Euro 2012 Odds via paddypower.com
Spain 5-2
Germany 10-3
Netherlands 7-1
England 10-1
France 12-1
Italy 14-1
Portugal 18-1
Russia 20-1
Croatia, Ukraine 40-1
Poland, Czech 50-1
Sweden 66-1
Ireland, Greece 80-1
Denmark 100-1

I'd put my money on Portugal and England, easy.