Create Account

S36 SHL Awards Show

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Oct 15 2017, 02:51 PM

Yeah but we knew they were going to.

How much did Allen pay JayWhy

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Oct 15 2017, 02:43 PM

Nowhere in the Awards section does it say the GM/Coach roles are regular season-restricted

It's been done that way at least as long as I've been in the site. The only award voted on after the playoffs is playoff MVP, and the Khan when Eggy forgets it's a thing.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

RIP coach me...

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Oct 15 2017, 01:57 PM

How much did Allen pay JayWhy
Nothing. Allen just the best GM. Hmm

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

<div align="center">[Image: cut.jpeg]

Hello, one and all, and welcome to the Season 36 SHL Awards Show! I’m ztevans, and for some unknown reason, Eggy216 has once again entrusted this proceeding in my hands despite my, uh, Steve Harvey moment last season. We can only improve on last season, I think. Maybe.

As I said last season, this is the surest sign my life has gone to shit.

When I pre-wrote this, I made a joke here about how, unlike last season, there isn't a Thunderdome thread to distract you from this awards show. Rest in peace, my attempts at humor.

With that said, all the shitty attempts at Thunderdoming over the past week have me wondering if I shouldn't have hosted this show in the Thunderdome and just roasted every single awards winner as I go? That'd be fun, right? That's what the SHL wants, more drama? I might have to file that away for next season.

So who's ready to see some awards and stuff? </div>

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

First, let's present the Challenge Cup. This, of course, is presented each season to the SHL's champion. This season, a Western Conference team won the Challenge Cup for the first time since Season 32. It was also the first time a team other than Calgary won the Cup out of the West since Edmonton in Season 28.

With their fourth Challenge Cup in team history, congratulations to the Renegades Texas Renegades!

Nikolai Evans

As for conference championship trophies, we’ll first present the Cole Reinhart Trophy to the Western Conference champions, the Renegades Texas Renegades.

Facing Texas in the Challenge Cup finals this season out of the Eastern Conference, and thus earning the Mathias Chouinard Trophy, congratulations to the Wolfpack New England Wolfpack.

Nikolai Evans

For the last of the team awards, the Presidents’ Trophy goes to the most successful team in the regular season. For the second season in a row, this honor goes to the Calgary Dragons, with a record of 31-15-4.

Nikolai Evans

Now, to reward the top statistical performances of Season 36, because some awards go to players and not teams. Also, because some awards don't receive votes. I still anticipate at least one Thunderdome post about these awards anyways. WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT GUY SCORED THE MOST GOALS, FUCK YOU AWARDS COMMITTEE BURN IN HELL.

First, the Mike Honcho Trophy, presented to the goalie with the best Goals Against Average each season.

The Season 36 Mike Honcho Trophy goes to Robert Andersson of the Chiefs Minnesota Chiefs! Congratulations, <a href='index.php?showuser=1929' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>SwegKingu</a>!

Nikolai Evans

Go Zach Ahh

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Alright, now, everyone, I need your full participation in the presentation of the next award. I need everyone to act genuinely surprised when I announce this. 100-percent commitment. Go hard in the paint or don't go at all. Get pucks deep, etc.

Next is the Turd Ferguson Trophy, which goes to the top goon in the SHL. While his penalty minutes went down from last season, this award - for the fourth time in five seasons - goes to Danny Foster of the Panthers Los Angeles Panthers! Congratulations a-fucking-gain, <a href='index.php?showuser=1583' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>GCool</a>!

Nikolai Evans

Woooo, forgot about the time!

[Image: Screen-Shot-2012-12-14-at-10.48.32-AM.png.cf.jpg]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Now we present the Jay McDonald Trophy to the top goal-scorer in the SHL. You light the lamp, you get the award. Pretty straightforward. Last season, with 37 goals, Randy Randleman of the Dragons Calgary Dragons earned this honor! Congratulations, <a href='index.php?showuser=1643' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Ballerstorm</a>!

Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by SwegKingu@Oct 15 2017, 06:13 PM
Woooo, forgot about the time!

[Image: Screen-Shot-2012-12-14-at-10.48.32-AM.png.cf.jpg]

Time is a social construct anyways, or something like that.

Next is the Sergei Karpotsov Trophy. This honor is presented to the top point-scorer in the SHL each season. With 74 points, this also goes to Randy Randleman of the DragonsCalgary Dragons! Congratulations, <a href='index.php?showuser=1643' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Ballerstorm</a>!

Nikolai Evans

Alright, all three people following this thread. We have successfully navigated out of the kiddie pool of predetermined awards, on to the ones voted on by the awards committee. These are also the ones people get TPE for on the awards predictions thread, which is all you savages and vultures honestly care about. Even <a href='index.php?showuser=12' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-4'>Leafs4ever</a> basically admitted it when I announced this show, so it has to be true.

Before we proceed, I do want to take a moment to thank <a href='index.php?showuser=579' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>STZ</a> for his help this season. He made the sick nominee graphics you see in the original post, and you will also see his handiwork as the winners are announced. Thank you, sir.

Nikolai Evans