Congrats to all the all stars!
All Star voting always been terrible since day 1 of ever

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Oct 16 2017, 03:06 PM

"No ur wrong"

K.

Solid.

[Image: Wally.png]

All Star committee and Awards committee need to clean house, honestly. There's not enough effort going into how players perform in the context of their playing time, their utilization, and their overall teams. I swear it feels like all that is ever considered is points, hits, and points per 20 when someone gets enough of a circlejerk surrounding them.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Oct 16 2017, 03:11 PM
All Star committee and Awards committee need to clean house, honestly. There's not enough effort going into how players perform in the context of their playing time, their utilization, and their overall teams. I swear it feels like all that is ever considered is points, hits, and points per 20 when someone gets enough of a circlejerk surrounding them.

I'm always open for suggestions... we cleaned house this season and was finally able to get those voting some pay. The system went to a nomination based system for a season and the feedback I got was they wanted to go back to three teams and the old system of just filling out a ballot. I moved it to a blind ballot so no one was copying each other with an integrated point system for 1st, 2nd and 3rd team votes, I would like to hear what others think tho.

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Oct 16 2017, 01:04 PM

"Let's pick 5 players and call it an all star team"

"Let's put everyone that gets 30 minutes a game on that list and then the goalie who has best stats"

The whole format is trash. Imagine if the head did their job and re-vamped the format and got more voters. That would be crazy.
If that’s not the process sure feels like it.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Oct 16 2017, 04:19 PM

I'm always open for suggestions... we cleaned house this season and was finally able to get those voting some pay. The system went to a nomination based system for a season and the feedback I got was they wanted to go back to three teams and the old system of just filling out a ballot. I moved it to a blind ballot so no one was copying each other with an integrated point system for 1st, 2nd and 3rd team votes, I would like to hear what others think tho.
I'm not sure exactly how it's all done but I think we need much better vetting of who gets put onto these committees and why. I honestly can't name a single person on either committee so I'm not calling anyone in particular out but what I've noticed is it's quite easy to guess who will win each award basically based off points, hits, and shot blocks for dmen. And god knows how the awards committee chose NEW to win coach of the year - that's one of the most absurd awards I've ever seen given out.

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Oct 16 2017, 03:31 PM

I'm not sure exactly how it's all done but I think we need much better vetting of who gets put onto these committees and why. I honestly can't name a single person on either committee so I'm not calling anyone in particular out but what I've noticed is it's quite easy to guess who will win each award basically based off points, hits, and shot blocks for dmen. And god knows how the awards committee chose NEW to win coach of the year - that's one of the most absurd awards I've ever seen given out.

While I 100% agree, I need to see more of these "qualified" people stepping to the plate. I applaud those who took the time to do their ballot. While I may not agree with how they voted, they were also the ones who came out and did it. My thought is we need to do away with team representatives and go with the best qualified individuals to cast an even more extensive ballot.

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Oct 16 2017, 04:42 PM

While I 100% agree, I need to see more of these "qualified" people stepping to the plate. I applaud those who took the time to do their ballot. While I may not agree with how they voted, they were also the ones who came out and did it. My thought is we need to do away with team representatives and go with the best qualified individuals to cast an even more extensive ballot.

Also, counterpoint, having counted the Khan votes the last two season - for all the griping the site at large does about "only voting for players who play 28 minutes a game" they sure as hell don't back that thinking up with their Khan votes.

This year's vote tally:
Randy Randleman - 29
Lord Pretty Flacko - 27
Jason Visser - 8
Kian Hamilton - 4
Geoffrey Allen - 3
Lord Vader - 3
Ludwig Koch Schroder - 1
Ken Kennedy-Anderson - 1

Also, counter-counter-point, I literally asked for three seasons to be removed from the awards committee but nobody bothered to hire replacements so I'm still fucking there. If anyone wants to take my spot, PLEASE be my guest. It will not hurt my feelings. :lol:

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Oct 16 2017, 04:42 PM

I applied and was denied for awards committee because I'm a GM. But yes, definitely agree with getting rid of team reps.

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

I'm not even joking, pls PM Eggy with the subject "I want Zach's Awards Committee Spot"

Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Oct 16 2017, 04:53 PM

I applied and was denied for awards committee because I'm a GM. But yes, definitely agree with getting rid of team reps.

Oddly enough, I applied and was accepted before I was a GM, asked to step down when I became GM, and was never replaced. I was on the committee throughout my entire time as GM, despite asking out of the obvious conflict of interest.

Nikolai Evans

Quote:Originally posted by ztevans@Oct 16 2017, 03:54 PM

Oddly enough, I applied and was accepted before I was a GM, asked to step down when I became GM, and was never replaced. I was on the committee throughout my entire time as GM, despite asking out of the obvious conflict of interest.

But now you have no conflict of interest Smile

Wait... what I mean is thank you for applying to the All-Star Committee.

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Oct 16 2017, 04:59 PM

But now you have no conflict of interest Smile

Wait... what I mean is thank you for applying to the All-Star Committee.

Pls no

Nikolai Evans

Teddy Kesler played as a center the entire season. Not hard to check the line up or player pages before posting bs

I didn't make any team? Sick. Complete BS.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]