Create Account

S38 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospects Thread

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position? Cédric Moreau - Goaltender!

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you? I'm looking for a fun and friendly locker room and a team that knows what it wants to do on the ice!

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class? I am one of only two goalies and I think I am currently tied for the most TPE in the class!

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with? I would be okay with that, I'm already in the Halifax discord chat so it wouldn't be any sort of transition.

5. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? It isn't too important, I understand there are many factors at play!

6. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room? An active locker room!

7. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. I love to travel! I spent the summer on an Interrail trip around Europe and I am saving up to fund a trip to Australia and New Zealand.

8. The acting GM of the organization is Jordin FourFour, a long time member of the SHL, and household name. If he was dying would you donate him organs/blood?? I would give all of the above and more!

9. Favorite NHL team? Habs!

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion? Halifax is my number 1 destination. Both my previous players have been Raiders and Moreau even has a Halifax team award named after his brother!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position?
Filip Armstrong - Defense

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you?[b]
A chance to learn the ropes and maybe some playing time?

[b]3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class?[b]
I'm looking to build as a two-way defender, help the offense while being responsible in protecting our end.

[b]4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?

Absolutely, I use discord frequently

5. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season?
Who doesn't love playing time? But putting the best team on the ice is the most important thing.

6. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room?
This is my first go around, by my initial inclination would be that they aren't exclusive.

7. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself.
2 time inline beer league champion

8. The acting GM of the organization is Jordin FourFour, a long time member of the SHL, and household name. If he was dying would you donate him organs/blood??
I guess it depends on the organ...

9. Favorite NHL team?
Born and raised in Pittsburgh as a Pens fan.

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion?
I'm going to say 2, it sounds like you have a good culture and are committed to doing what you need to win.

Mikhail Lokitonov RW

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you?

Somewhere with a good atmosphere and chances to play and improve.

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class?

I think compared to the other forward prospects in my class, I offer the best balance between scoring and playmaking and don't let my offensive tendencies fool ya I won't slack on the defensive end.

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?

Absolutely

It's important but not a deal breaker. I definitely want a chance to show my stuff but not at the hindrance to the team.

I think an active and fun locker room is really important. Makes the fun times more fun and can make the rough times more bearable.

I had to have plastic surgery as a kid because a friend threw a toy grenade at me and busted my lip open.

8. The acting GM of the organization is Jordin FourFour, a long time member of the SHL, and household name. If he was dying would you donate him organs/blood??

I'm a big advocate of organ and blood donation so if possible I would.

9. Favorite NHL team?

Chicago Blackhawks

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion?

Looking at your recent history and success, I'd say you guys would be somewhere between 1-3 in draft rankings.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Carter Manning - C

Active Locker Room and playing time

I'm a center that wants to focus on face offs to win puck possession battles

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with?

Yes

Very. I wanna stay interested and engaged in the league

In the rookie season, active locker room to have the team stay engaged and improve as a team.

I'm a brutal hockey player but I love the sport. I was also ranked top 150 NHL player on Playstation back in the day.

No. Too high risk of contracting AIDS.

9. Favorite NHL team?

LA Kings

If you draft me, 1.

Players name is Fenton Uriel. He is a big natural CENTER.

I'm looking for a good experience. It would be amazing to push for the championship right from the get go and play some hard hockey. Also some minutes on my player to allow good development.

My player plays his game like Eric Lindros did. I'm that big center that you're looking for. Need big minutes played? I will be that guy who gives you 110% and then I'll push another on top of that when the Coach yells "Move your asses!" Need a team player? I will make sure to notice all my teammates on the ice, if they're open for the pass I will land it on their stick no problem. When I step onto the ice the other team becomes aware and prepares for a very hard battle.

Most definitely. I will add them on right away and contribute as much as I can to the team.

Everyone has to understand that rookies aren't getting top minutes right away. I'm going to be playing my game the way I play and through hard work and determination there is no way I'm not on the top line in no time.

Team Success and Victory comes through a postive locker room. Helping out in the locker room and contributing to my teammates provides a good team and that'll show results on the ice. Team Success and Active locker rooms are both something I look for.

Interesting is all relative really. I workout a lot and recently at 170lbs bodyweight I hit my PR of 275lb Bench, 405lb Deadlift, and 370lb Squat. Now not impressive by pro means but I pride myself in Fitness and I am happy with these numbers for how much I weighed.

I just started here... I didn't know what I was getting into. Maybe I call a thousand hospitals to see if they have any spare organs for him. Oh and donating blood definitely, that part is easy! Only problem is I don't know my blood type :unsure:

9. Favorite NHL team?
Montreal Canadiens Braces for denial of draft

Uhhhhhhhhh idk but I'll say 1!!!! Based off very impressive and important research done (none really)

Jake Forke, LD. (Not MD. I'm not a doctor.)

Strong career development.

I'm from England. I have no idea if that's relevant, but it's different to Canada, which is where I presume most everyone else is from. Also, I'm an offensive defenseman. I want to be like PK Subban, but with even more goals.

Yep.

I don't know. I assume it's good for development?

Why not both? Aim high!

I have never actually played hockey in real life.

I have never donated blood or organs, so I'm probably not on the list. Sorry.

9. Favorite NHL team?

Montreal Canadiens

Not a clue. So I'll go with 3.

Viktor Kolesnikovs - Defensive Defenseman

Guidance and leadership

Not going to BS yuh, probably nothing.

I have discord and would be willing to use it if necessary for the good of the team

I believe that with an active locker room, the winning and team success will come.

I cried when the Blackhawks traded Niklas Hjalmarsson.

Only if he is O-Neg

9. Favorite NHL team?
Chicago Blackhawks and Colorado Avalanche

Jon Toner - Defence

A good group of guys to enjoy the league with mostly, and maybe a little bit of playing time too Smile

My ability to skull a beer in only a few seconds. And maybe my slick passing and swift skating too

Perfect

Just want a fair amount of playing time. Not expecting to be one of the top guys right away!

A mix of both is ideal, but having a fun group of guys is always the most important

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast this morning. With no milk.

Depends, is he going to draft me with his first pick?

9. Favorite NHL team?
Montreal.

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion? Not entirely sure what you mean with this question. If you draft me it'll be 1

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Jack Parker, Right Wing

Guidance, a fun group of guys, and a winning attitude!

I am a very well rounded player who is willing to adjust my build to be whatever the team needs for the best chance of success.

Yup, I like discord

Whatever Coach thinks is best for team success and player development is fine for me!

I value both, but winning is the goal. I think the most active locker room is the one with the Four Star Cup, and I aim to be in it.

I fear ostriches.

I have been keeping myself healthy for exactly this reason. My body is your body, 44.

9. Favorite NHL team?

San Jose Sharks

#1! (in an eight-way tie, I'm really too new to the league to have preferences)

I'm Guts O'Bigbers ready to take on the world of hockey. I prefer to play C but I will do whatever it takes to win.

Beyond an opportunity to win, I would really love to be part of a team and get to know a cast of guys/gals and really connect.

I'm a speedy passing center with little focus on much else. I feel like I'm the best combination of Passing and Speed you'll find in this draft but I admit I need improvement in other areas.

That actually works great for me. I love discord and use it frequently.

honestly not that important. If we're winning I'm happy. I'm a long term project, that's cool too.

An active locker room

I have weird bursts were I'm obsessed with anime and then I stop watching for 6 months.

I'D GIVE HIM ME HEART

9. Favorite NHL team?

The Colorado Avalanche... fuck.

In all honesty number 2. I'd absolutely love to be a part of this team. I only put you at 2 because several members of Montreal have reached out to me and they seem like cool guys too. Honestly as an Irishman I look up to Cody Fletcher as he is going to be the next Irish legend. For that reason I'd love to follow in his footsteps and become part of the team here at Halifax. Ireland Ireland Ireland Ireland

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position? Julian O'Sullivan, Goalie

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you? Opportunity to play at least as a backup at first, ideally as a starter later. A nice discord could be fun. Some help for my build.

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class? I am likely the most active player in the draft class and write the most media out of anyone (if you know me from another league, you can attest to that).

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with? Definitely am

5. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? Definitely a factor. I know I will likely be a backup at first, but I want to be a starter eventually.

6. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room? Winning is more important I Think. I am in several leagues already so my discord is already busy enough haha.

7. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. I have no mathematical background but learned how to calculate ELO rankings for football teams based on the fivethirtyeight.com model for the NSFL just for funsies.

8. The acting GM of the organization is Jordin FourFour, a long time member of the SHL, and household name. If he was dying would you donate him organs/blood?? My organs are not that great sadly.

9. Favorite NHL team? Buffalo Sabres

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion? For now, tied for first with all the other teams. Smile I am sure that I know some GMs more than others so that may change. Also any GM that actually gets in contact with me will make it a more intriguing place.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

1. Welcome to the league! What's your player's name & position? Viktor Marius, LW

2. What are you looking for from the team that drafts you? Playing Time and a good community to inspire potential growth.

3. What sets you apart from the other prospects in this draft class? I am a solid graphic artist and will use that to better my player. I can also aid other with their aesthetic aspirations.

4. Most of our team's locker room conversation has been in the team's discord chat in recent seasons, is that something that you're okay with? That is fine, as long as I turn off push notifications so I don't hate you all.

5. How important is playing time for you in your rookie season? Very, but only at the benefit of the team.

6. What's more important to you: Winning/Team success or an active locker room? Active locker room all day.

7. Tell us an interesting/funny fact about yourself. I am not actually a Koala

8. The acting GM of the organization is Jordin FourFour, a long time member of the SHL, and household name. If he was dying would you donate him organs/blood?? fukthatshit

9. Favorite NHL team? Canucks.

10. On a scale of 1-8 (1 being the highest), what is Halifax's draft ranking in your personal opinion? I'll say 2 because it shows that I am not desperate, but also makes you feel good about yourself even though I am probably lying.

Hans Gruber - C

Something engaging, to enjoy it!

I'm an incredidably unselfish player, I am pass first and big on winning faceoffs.

I can get used to it.

Reasonably. No one loves being on the sideline.

Both are good!

Certainly nothing to do with Nakatomi Plaza. That's for sure...

Kidney yes. Everything else no.

9. Favorite NHL team?

Blackhawks.

Honestly, joint 2nd.

Accidentally double posted and can't figure out how to delete so...go Raiders?

Elias Svensson, Right D-Man

Just for playtime and the proper guidance to continue on an upwards development path

Endurance, hard work and the ability to play in all situations and mold to the most optimal settings

Cool with it

I would say it's important starting out to get the feel of things as well as my player is being built to be a minute muncher

Active locker room for learning, winning because this is hockey

I once shit in the downstairs of a building we were still operating in outside of our district. It was only overhaul (mostly checking for any remaining burning spots or continuing supression of hot spots) but it's my most popular department story

If we matched sure

9. Favorite NHL team?
Detroit Red Wings with the Islanders being my home town favorite

Don't think i'm educated enough on the league to have a valuable opinion so i'll say 3