Create Account

SHL Rookie

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Dec 12 2017, 11:49 PM
There’s a setting in the sim that denotes how many games played till rookie is taken off a player. There’s a very simple and easy answer for this. All the jumping to shitting on commishes and other rule enforcements is ridiculous, just finding another thing to bitch about.

How about asking JayWhy or anyone with the sim file, it’s under league options.

Stfu wasty u cant use logic.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Dec 12 2017, 09:51 PM

Stfu wasty u cant use logic.
Oh shit I sorry... commishes dumb! HO soft AF! Tamper charges are too harsh!

Better? Lol

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

What the fuck does the sim setting have to do with anything if the league doesn’t have rules to set the setting

I tagged the commish who has since been online multiple times and get no answer so yeah there is reason to shit on. How has a league been around for 40 seasons and there’s no rule put in place for fucking rookies

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Dec 12 2017, 09:54 PM

Oh shit I sorry... commishes dumb! HO soft AF! Tamper charges are too harsh!

Better? Lol

That's a lot better my dude.

Quote:Originally posted by Jaymay@Dec 12 2017, 09:55 PM
What the fuck does the sim setting have to do with anything if the league doesn’t have rules to set the setting

I tagged the commish who has since been online multiple times and get no answer so yeah there is reason to shit on. How has a league been around for 40 seasons and there’s no rule put in place for fucking rookies
But there is a rule, it's just within the sim.

#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

I can't speak for the thoughts of specific members of the Head Office or Commissioners, but I can say that this is being discussed by some of those in HO and hopefully a more clear ruling will be put in place.

It's unfortunate that there has been a lack of consistency in ruling on who is and is not a rookie in the past (or if there is a logic to it, it's a bit unclear), and is something that should be a relatively easy decision, just one that seemingly has never attracted anyone's immediate attention.

Obviously those who may or may not be considered rookies this season as a result would like to know, but it's important to also remember that there's no rush to set either a games-played, minutes-played, or seasons-appeared-in limit here as it really doesn't affect anything until the end of the season.

As an aside: Inconsistency in rulings is aggravating in every case but it's also a complaint every Commissioner, Owner, or other admin has heard every season through 38 now. At this point, I don't think all of this falls on the shoulders of the current Commissioner alone. I know that people would like this clarified as quickly as possible, as it should have been many seasons ago, but I also know that those in HO want to hear from those with more direct contact with the issue (ie the simmer, who has weighed in and been insightful).

For transparency sake, I'm not involving myself in talks on this in the HO, nor most other discussions there due to how long I've been away from the site, but I figured people would like to know that this is not something being ignored altogether.

[Image: 1qxA9iz.png?1]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Dec 13 2017, 01:19 AM
[Image: 1qxA9iz.png?1]

To be fair on this point, every season I look at the SHL preseason/regular season index thread and see GMs asking for players to be given rookie status or have it removed. The sim setting doesn't particularly matter if it's so easily overruled - if its being utilized at all, and Lord knows as quirky as STHS there may be a valid reason for that. Literally, one of the instructions in the OP each season is "Also, GMs and Players, tell me who the rookies are so I can list them if they are not already listed (we've tried to hit all that we could)."

So, like, cool stuff, but not really applicable to the conversation IMO.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

It’s not within the sim because it doesn’t work.

You have Richard C. Hocolate who plays backup (6 games a season) for 6 seasons or whatever and then is a rookie in his first starting season. Then you have Kirkstone who apparently played backup for one season and isn’t a rookie the next season.

So yeah, those sim settings mean absolutely nothing.

Booohoooo

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Jaymay@Dec 13 2017, 06:24 AM
It’s not within the sim because it doesn’t work.

You have Richard C. Hocolate who plays backup (6 games a season) for 6 seasons or whatever and then is a rookie in his first starting season. Then you have Kirkstone who apparently played backup for one season and isn’t a rookie the next season.

So yeah, those sim settings mean absolutely nothing.
Well for the record...

Sim settings say 10 pro games which probably means in a full season. if Hocolate played 6 games thats not more than 10 sure over 6 seasons or whatever thats over 10 but not in a full season.

Kirkstone actually played 6 games in S31, then in S32 was noted as a rookie again, then played 14 games in S32, S33 he's not a rookie anymore.

Truly this covers mainly goalies as most players don't play 30 games in the SHL and get sent down for the final so it was never a problem.

And to note <a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a> most of the time GMs tell the simmer who isn't a rookie there usually isn't a problem to decide if a player is truly a rookie or not cause most of them all call ups. Now the Rhys situation that was talked about be just a situation that slipped through the cracks, but a situation where a GM tells the simmer a player is a rookie and isn't a rookie im sure is rarer than you think. But either way I'm just trying to answer questions before more people shit on the commish or whatever.

Regardless, it seems like we can manually enter rookie status. We just need an official statement that clarifies rookie eligibility

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Jaymay@Dec 13 2017, 01:55 AM

I'm sorry that I was too busy grading final exams and writing final papers to take care of this extremely pressing simulation league question. Next time I'll be sure to put my internet obligations over my graduate school coursework and my teaching obligations.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy Nog@Dec 17 2017, 11:18 AM

I'm sorry that I was too busy grading final exams and writing final papers to take care of this extremely pressing simulation league question. Next time I'll be sure to put my internet obligations over my graduate school coursework and my teaching obligations.

DO BETTER NEXT TIME. SHL IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy Nog@Dec 17 2017, 06:18 PM

edgy nog

pls no kill, ily