Create Account

New Features potentially?

1) GM PAY

SHL HEAD GMs are paid 4M per season + bonuses (if u win cup, presidents, win ur conference etc.)
SHL Co-GM are paid 2M per season (same bonuses as above apply)
SHL Coachs are paid (1/4) of the Head GM salary

2) OWNERS
- i think this would be something cool, I don't know how well it will be received around the league, but would add more cool stuff like if a GM made a shit move(s) or if they have not been doing well with the team they have and been shitting the bed, then obv the owner can move onto diff. things.
- owners can sell team off if they wish, obv price tag wouldn't be like 20000M but something substantial so that only a few select individuals can buy a team after the inaugural phase

3) World Juniors
- This just kinda came to me, as it is December, and we are close to the RL world juniors, would be cool to involve SMJHL prospects and 1st yr send-downs (if allowed by upper GMs). Would not be an every season occurence, perhaps maybe once a year?

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

I've really been wanting world juniors.

To be honest World Juniors would be hot

B) Knights Canada

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

GM pay was discussed before and seemed pretty split

I don't think it's a hard enough job to warrant pay, and I think it'll be harder for newer members to get managing experience, but a lot of people didn't really care about that and I can see why.

As for World Juniors there's always been unanimous support but we need a simmer

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@Dec 13 2017, 04:22 PM

I don't think it's a hard enough job to warrant pay, and I think it'll be harder for newer members to get managing experience, but a lot of people didn't really care about that and I can see why.

I mean, setting lines, signing guys, rosters, budgets etc. should warrant SOMETHING

Could be phased in, like starting with SHL GMs see how that goes, move into SMJHL. and so forth

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Dec 13 2017, 07:23 PM

I mean, setting lines, signing guys, rosters, budgets etc. should warrant SOMETHING

Could be phased in, like starting with SHL GMs see how that goes, move into SMJHL. and so forth
I didn't mean to sound like I'm 100% against it, hell a "why not" argument would be hard for me to come up with counter-points; more money's great

Maybe, in addressing the new member's possibly finding difficulty in getting GM jobs we keep pay to the SHL only?

i play with them a lot.
HIRE ARTY

I need money yes

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@Dec 13 2017, 04:25 PM

I didn't mean to sound like I'm 100% against it, hell a "why not" argument would be hard for me to come up with counter-points; more money's great

Maybe, in addressing the new member's possibly finding difficulty in getting GM jobs we keep pay to the SHL only?
well yeah, SMJHL and IIHF are more for "learning" how to GM and shit, I could argue that a lot of the GMs in the SMJHL are fairly exp. guys.

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Dec 13 2017, 07:27 PM

well yeah, SMJHL and IIHF are more for "learning" how to GM and shit, I could argue that a lot of the GMs in the SMJHL are fairly exp. guys.
I'd argue that IIHF can be a tougher job to land, now with more teams using the GM & co-GM system instead of the original 2 co-heads, but definitely a nice entry-level job still.

As for SMJHL, there are def a bunch of experienced guys (:eyesSmile but I feel like in general it's not seen as much of a necessity due to the style and parity of competition.

i play with them a lot.
HIRE ARTY

hi i like money

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Samee@Dec 13 2017, 06:26 PM
I need money yes

For your shitposts in the KEL LR? No

Nour deserves moniez

1. Being a GM and doing GM things probably takes considerably more time per week as some of the site jobs that get compensated so I think the logic there is sound. There's also the point that was raised last time that (at least some of the) GMs would be willing to open up league jobs to others if they got paid for GMing.

My questions would be:
-How are the applicant pools when a GM spot opens? From the outside it looks like these openings get extended multiple times because HO would like more (and better?) applications.
-Would compensating GMs make it more likely for us to have active, high-quality applicants? Are there people out there who would apply if there was compensation?

If the answers are "not as good as we'd like" and "yes" then pay them.

2. I love the idea of owners but I'm not sold that it'd be that great in practice.

3. World Juniors would be awesome. Do it.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@Dec 13 2017, 06:22 PM

I agree about GM pay.

Also about World Juniors.

I believe each team should be given a pot of money to use as they see fit. If thats to use as a performance bonus, team awards, activity bonus, or to pay some of the auxiliary functions on the team, each team could use it as they see fit.

[Image: horvat3.png]

The more people interested in a position the more choice for who gets it. The more choice means better GMs. GMs keep players interested in the league and keep things interesting. The way I see it, paying GMs is a no brainer.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

We've done WJC's a few times and it always falls apart unfortunately

IIHF is already struggling because people check out during the offseason, WJC's would be hard too unless we put them smack dab in the middle of the season even though SMJHL would run at the same time

Another problem is finding a simmer in that case

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]