Create Account

S38 PT 4 - Key Players

Our best player and team leader this season was no doubt our number one defenseman, Lukas Muller. Surrounded by a ton of young players and rookies, Muller was often asked to put the team on his back, both offensively and defensively. While playing an average of 24:47 per night, he lead the Raiders in points all season long, until he was traded at the deadline to the Detroit Firebirds. He finished the season with a total of 7 goals, 33 assists and 40 points, 39 of those coming while playing with the Raiders. He was one of only 2 players on the team to have a positive plus minus rating, myself being the only other, and I consider myself a bit of a beneficiary of Muller’s play for that. It was a real privilege to get to play on a pairing with Lukas. He was one of the first guys that welcomed me in and really helped my transition from Ireland to Halifax, not only on the ice but also getting used to a country and city that I hadn’t been to in almost 15 years. It was tough to see him get traded but I’ll be watching and hoping he manages to get himself a championship.
Quote:Word count: 207

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

There is no question that without Connor Tanner, we are not in the playoffs. With twenty-seven goals, second overall in the league, and thirty-three assists, fourth overall, Connor is the anchor of this team. That combines for sixty points total which is second only to Paddy Kane-Rielly. PKR is playing on a more stacked team and surrounded by stronger players so it only makes sense for him to have more. When you want to discuss the MVP, however, the discussion should start and end with Connor Tanner. He elevates the players around him as opposed to relying on them to lift him. He put the Militia on his back this season and carried them to the playoffs. What they have accomplished since then is nothing short of miraculous. Just how big of a crater his departure will leave in Montreal remains to be seen. But Season 38 should be remembers for Connor if nothing else. He also averaged a minute less a game than PKR which adds up over time. Give him that minute and there is no doubt that he is the points leader this season. If he is not given the MVP award this season the entire awards committee needs to resign.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

What can I say about Noah Nørup, the guy has been a stud for the knights this season and if you're a young d-man and you're not looking up-to this guy then something is seriously wrong with you. Noah get the job done in every part of the game, His +4 rating shows how responsible he is on the defensive side of the puck, while putting up an impressive point total as he sits at over 40 points (30 of those being assists) he is an amazing playmaker who is not afraid to push the play up the ice. Noah is a leader in the locker room and a guy that the rookies can turn to for advice on and off the ice, the only fault in his game is that he is not always the most disciplined player on the ice, with over 20 mins in penalties, he can hurt his team while sitting in the box, hes the guy that the knights want to play in every situation, sometimes he takes himself out of that spotlight. Noah sits in the top 5 in league scoring and for a D-man that's no small feat. All in all Noah Nørup is a star and he will be for years to come for whatever team he ends up with.
Code:
218 words

Noah Norrup is one of the top scorers of the Knights and made the Top 20 of the entire league this past season. It's surprising to see a defender with so many assists to be that high but with the production this kid was having, it was freaking amazing to see it happen. He had 34 assists and 69 shots on goal, a ridiculously low percentage for how much he was doing as a second pairing. It was a shock to not only the league to see Noah do so well, but also shocking to the Knights that he had such a long scoring streak amongst the team.

Noah also only had 26 PIM which is only four minutes longer than the number one player in the league Paddy Kane-Reilly. It means that he only made decisions to make a penalty when it really matter, and not get into fights needlessly. It's impressive that as a second pair passer, he did so well and he will only continue to do well in the upcoming season, mentoring the rookies and looking forward to the future.

[Image: galatix2.gif]
by @NUCK @QuantumCowboy @engimatic @GLU @FlappyGiraffe @karey

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] l [Image: HuqtOb2.png]

Paddy Kane-Rielly has definitely been on of the top players on our team. Leading the league with a whopping 39 assists, putting him 9 assists ahead of the next player on our team. You would expect someone who is leading the team in either assists or goals to also lead the team in overall points, and Kane-Rielly does not disappoint in that category either, leading the team with 63 points overall. These 63 points put Paddy Kane-Rielly at 1st in the league for points this season. Having a high amounts points does tend to lead to having a higher plus minus, and of course Paddy doesn't have a problem there either, having a +18 rating. That +18 rating is good for 3rd on the team, trailing only Dionýz Vyskoč and 1st line defenseman Maurice Picard. In the overall league plus minus, this puts Kane-Rielly in a tie for 6th overall, trailing his two teammates, league leader Ostap Maksimov, Dermot Lavelle from St. Louis, and Artemi Berezin from Montreal. Being a rookie and watching someone on your team put up stats like that, makes me definitely want to improve myself to eventually do better, especially if I can do so within a single season.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates